Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    following up on that though, I challenge anyone to name just one perfectly run service to be fair.

I agree most fan services are a second thought, something to grab money from the fans. I dont believe that is ten clubs intention at all. But things could be ran differently.

In fairness to the tenclub, I dont believe they are at fault for the christmas single. That all depends on when the band turns in the completed songs.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    All I know is that, for the past decade, I have been able to purchase fantastic tickets to any Pearl Jam show I've wanted to see. I'm pretty damn satisfied. If that makes me a sheep or a rumpswab, fine. I just have no real complaints.

Look at what some of you are grousing about...failing to receive information about a rock concert in whatever your idea of "adequate time" is. If that doesn't fall into the "shit happens" category, I have no idea how you deal with real problems.
  • Options
    Thanks for being calm and resonable when responding to me Ridin. I appreciate it.

You're welcome. :)
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    All I know is that, for the past decade, I have been able to purchase fantastic tickets to any Pearl Jam show I've wanted to see. I'm pretty damn satisfied. If that makes me a sheep or a rumpswab, fine. I just have no real complaints.

Look at what some of you are grousing about...failing to receive information about a rock concert in whatever your idea of "adequate time" is. If that doesn't fall into the "shit happens" category, I have no idea how you deal with real problems.

Well said. Now, I agree that things aren't run as well as they might be, but they DID do a better job with ticket sales this time around (at least so far, we'll see how MSG goes), which means at least someone is paying attention. As usual, we've got people at both extremes. Some are automatically giving the 10C/the band a pass on everything, and others are mad at every move. Me? I'm in the middle, and I think we get reasonable, if not flawed, service for the price we pay. Do I think the "Easter Single" is a little ridiculous? Yeah, but I'm not about to start a letter-writing campaign about it.

I've gotten great service from the fan club, including when I've called them freaking out myself (yes, I do it too sometimes) about this or that.

And let me just add this: $20 bucks a year is still very reasonable. If the two newsletters were in Barnes & Noble, we'd be paying $10 each for those alone, easy.