Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

Comments

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,448
    this has nothing to do with how much they are but rarther not having the decency to tell us in advance.

some people actually need that info who want to go to multiple shows. Im not even really one of them, and I still think its one of the most ridiculous practices Ive seen a "business" do

Most "businesses" would not provide such a great service (giving us the best seats) for only $20 per year.

This is not the normal vendor/customer relationship. If a business gives me front-row seats for face value, I cut them some slack.

Your night-school caliber business opinions don't apply here.
  • Options
    wahinewahine Posts: 86
    so Im just going to stop

Thank You
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine. I Am Mine
    Til the Lightning Bolt sets you free

Wahine - I'm a Lightning Bolt

9/2/98, 7/1/03, 10/3/05, 5/30/06, 6/17/08, ED-8/16/08, 10/30/09, 5/13/10, 10/29/13, 10/14/14

-RIP Hippiemom -
  • Options
    that is absolute BULLSHIT. they give us just a few days notice and dont even tell us how much the tickets are going to be?!??! what the fuck. times are tough ten club. we need this information to PLAN.

times are tough huh? got your priorities in order do you? if someone's finances dictate that a price difference of, say, $65 instead of $35 would change whether or not they could go to a show in or near their hometown, then yeah, that sucks and i feel bad for you. HOWEVER... if such a price difference meant that you were less inclined to buy up tickets to a bunch of shows and travel all over the place... then cry me a fucking river, you fucking yuppie. this is not a traveling circus, PJ is not the Grateful Dead, and you are not a victim because the band chooses to set their prices at market value.
    san diego 5.20.95 (watt+ed) . san diego 11.7.95 . oakland 11.18.97 (stones) . san diego 7.10.98 . las vegas 7.11.98 . san diego 10.25.00 . san diego 6.5.03 . seattle 4.9.04 (impact awards) . san diego 7.7.06 . san diego 4.15.08 (ed) . san diego 4.16.08 (ed) . honolulu 7.1.09 (ed) . honolulu 7.2.09 (ed) . los angeles 10.1.09 . san diego 10.9.09 . san diego 7.5.11 (ed) . seattle 7.16.11 (ed)
  • Options
    Koufax I completely agree. Not telling you how much something is when trying to sell you something is incredibly stupid. Just because someone has a problem with the way 10C does something doesnt mean they are "ungrateful" or whatever. All you people who kiss the asses of the 10C, do you think they are sitting there planning on telling the band who the "faithful" people on the boards are? Just becuase the 10C works for Pearl Jam doesnt make them perfect in every way. And heres a news flash for you, as much as I love the band, they arent perfect either.

How fuckin stupid is it to not tell you the price of something? Anyone who gives Koufax or anyone else a hard time for wanting to know the price of somehting is a fuckin RUBE. Salesmen must see you people coming a mile away. I'd like to sell you people some fuckin gum, and then after you agree to buy it tell you its 100 dollars. But I bet you wouldnt mind right? Youd be perfectly ok with that??

Oh wait, no you wouldnt, becuase I have no association with your favorite musical ensamble. EDDIE VEDDER DOESNT WANT TO SLEEP WITH YOU SO GET OVER IT.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Most "businesses" would not provide such a great service (giving us the best seats) for only $20 per year.

This is not the normal vendor/customer relationship. If a business gives me front-row seats for face value, I cut them some slack.

excuse me, just what great fucking service do you mean? the bullshit waste of paper newsletter we SOMETIMES get? the xmas single that usually arrives in May? the clusterfuck they provide as a "ticket service"? all the horseshit games and riddles we get shoved up our asses? tweet tweet!

your talking about night scool caliber anything is a joke, considering your on a pearl jam message board arguing with strangers.

rock on! pearl jam loves you!!!
  • Options
    Why is it that no matter what this band does, someone always finds something to complain about? I know as members we have the right to voice an opinion and that's great, but it seems that we can get a bit carried away doesn't it? Pearl Jam has done amazing things for their fans throughout the years including keeping ticket prices down, fan club singles, newsletters, fundraisers, etc. Go to any other bands website and see if they come anywhere near to what PJ does for their fans. I feel we have adopted a sense of entitlement from being Pearl Jam fans based on all that they have given to us, and when it changes or is not like it used to be, people get crazy and say they have changed or it's not the band I used to love. It's a shame as this band has done more for it's fans than any other band I know of, not even close in fact.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

The 10C does provide some good services, but Sandy is right, we get cryptic messages and stupid fuckin business practices. Like when we had to go pick up our 10C tickets a day before the show. So I had to travel to NY 3 days in a row instead of just for the shows. It was a waste of time and money. Train tickets are expensive when your a college student with no fuckin money. And thats just ONE example of stupid business practices.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,788
    for as angry as some of you are with the 10C, you're surely spending too much time venting your displeasure to the wrong people. i take it you've already contacted the 10C to file complaints?
  • Options
    times are tough huh? got your priorities in order do you? if someone's finances dictate that a price difference of, say, $65 instead of $35 would change whether or not they could go to a show in or near their hometown, then yeah, that sucks and i feel bad for you. HOWEVER... if such a price difference meant that you were less inclined to buy up tickets to a bunch of shows and travel all over the place... then cry me a fucking river, you fucking yuppie. this is not a traveling circus, PJ is not the Grateful Dead, and you are not a victim because the band chooses to set their prices at market value.

and who the fuck are you to tell anybody anything about their personal situation. and you called him a yuppie? haha! nice

this from a guy who picked the name "kurtdiedforyoursins"?

kurt died because he was a drug abusing loser. and now i wish you were him :)
  • Options
    Why is it that no matter what this band does, someone always finds something to complain about? I know as members we have the right to voice an opinion and that's great, but it seems that we can get a bit carried away doesn't it? Pearl Jam has done amazing things for their fans throughout the years including keeping ticket prices down, fan club singles, newsletters, fundraisers, etc. Go to any other bands website and see if they come anywhere near to what PJ does for their fans. I feel we have adopted a sense of entitlement from being Pearl Jam fans based on all that they have given to us, and when it changes or is not like it used to be, people get crazy and say they have changed or it's not the band I used to love. It's a shame as this band has done more for it's fans than any other band I know of, not even close in fact.

maybe because SOME of us, a very select few, are not pearl jam sheep who jerk off blindly to anything the 10C does or "gives us"
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    for as angry as some of you are with the 10C, you're surely spending too much time venting your displeasure to the wrong people. i take it you've already contacted the 10C to file complaints?

why would he, to get a rude response from them with no information at all?

why would he waste his time.
  • Options
    Salesmen must see you people coming a mile away. I'd like to sell you people some fuckin gum, and then after you agree to buy it tell you its 100 dollars. But I bet you wouldnt mind right? Youd be perfectly ok with that?.

You're missing the point....Nobody has clicked on "buy" in the goods section without clearly knowing how much the tickets are going to be.....you are not charging them to your credit card blindly.

The moment the tickets go up, the price is announced and THEN you agree to buy it, AFTER you know how much it is.

It's called a split-second decision. Most people do it all the time. Unless you're the type to find out the price of something and mull it over for months before you decide to purchase......I'm not knocking you if you are a "muller", but I only normally do that for big ticket items, i.e. a new bed or a tv or something....concert tickets are a no-brainer.....

To make it easier on yourself, decide how much you are willing to spend RIGHT NOW! When you click on the tickets on "sale day," if it's over that amount, log out of your account and go on your merry little way. No injustice has been served.
  • Options

This fuckin guy wants to talk to us like we are idiolizing pearl jam, and his fuckin name is "kurtdiedforyoursins". What kind of bullshit is that. We love Pearl Jam's music and the band members, but I've never compared any of them to Jesus Christ.

And this issue of ticket prices isnt making us fuckin cry and hate pearl jam. We are just saying its a little silly to not tell us the prices, and you fuckin elitist douche bags climb down our throats like we just pissed on god himself. We're calm. If someone says something negative about PJ or the 10C I know I dont really care about their opinions. You people need to care less when someone criticizes someone or somehtign you like.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,788

why would he waste his time.

and this isn't wasting his time? :)
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    and this isn't wasting his time? :)

no, we get a rise out of each other here. cant do that thru emails to 10C. they dont play the way we all do here
  • Options
    You're missing the point....Nobody has clicked on "buy" in the goods section without clearly knowing how much the tickets are going to be.....you are not charging them to your credit card blindly.

The moment the tickets go up, the price is announced and THEN you agree to buy it, AFTER you know how much it is.

It's called a split-second decision. Most people do it all the time. Unless you're the type to find out the price of something and mull it over for months before you decide to purchase......I'm not knocking you if you are a "muller", but I only normally do that for big ticket items, i.e. a new bed or a tv or something....concert tickets are a no-brainer.....

To make it easier on yourself, decide how much you are willing to spend RIGHT NOW! When you click on the tickets on "sale day," if it's over that amount, log out of your account and go on your merry little way. No injustice has been served.

I understand and I agree with you. I am not one of the people that is concerned with the prices. I have funds to go to the shows I want. I am just defending myself against the people who act like I'm a dick just because I said "Its stupid for 10C to not tell us the prices beforehand." Thats all I said, and I and the people who agree with me get called ungrateful and "yuppies" by asshole internet tough guys. I never wanted to fight with anyone. I was just stating an opinion, as everyone does in this venue.

Thanks for being calm and resonable when responding to me Ridin. I appreciate it.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    no, we get a rise out of each other here. cant do that thru emails to 10C. they dont play the way we all do here
    Or maybe they do...the email that has so many up in arms seems to fit right in with this style of play.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341

I personally didn't think that the 10C e-mail was rude. Brief yes, but not rude.
  • Options
    excuse me, just what great fucking service do you mean? the bullshit waste of paper newsletter we SOMETIMES get? the xmas single that usually arrives in May? the clusterfuck they provide as a "ticket service"? all the horseshit games and riddles we get shoved up our asses? tweet tweet!

your talking about night scool caliber anything is a joke, considering your on a pearl jam message board arguing with strangers.

rock on! pearl jam loves you!!!

great service, as in I have sat no worse then 5th row floor since 1998.

Everything else, to me, is secondary. Who cares if the xmas single comes late, or if we don't get newsletters on time?...it's all about the music.

If you are so insulted with riddles, etc, why not refrain from coming to this site?

You do have a choice.
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

That has nothing to do with good service. That's your #.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Everything else, to me, is secondary. Who cares if the xmas single comes late, or if we don't get newsletters on time?...it's all about the music.

If you are so insulted with riddles, etc, why not refrain from coming to this site?

You do have a choice.

He's didnt say he was insulted by riddles, or that he cared if the xmas single was late. You said 10C gave us all these "great services" and Koufax demonstrated that they DONT give us great service. They provide nice merchandise and everything, but the SERVICE sucks in delivering what they promise, so you are wrong.

You just said yourself all you care about is the tickets, and everything else is secondary.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    UndieTaker wrote:
    That has nothing to do with good service. That's your #.

See, Undie sees through your brainless logic too. If you want to continue this fight JoeJoe by all means we can keep poking holes in your logic. But I think we should all stop now, to save you the trouble and embarassment.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

You do have a choice.
    I concur.

People seem to be putting too much on ten club's rather broad shoulders. I don't think some folks understand the difference between a fan club and band management. The ten club is the fan club, they provide certain services for the members...they are not band management, and do not make decisions about tours/ticket prices and the like. They can divulge only the information that management or the band OK's them to divulge. I find it quite possible that when the tour was announced, the exact cost of tix for the shows wasn't finalized, each of these venues tacks on its own facility fee (you'll notice the difference in prices of yeaterday's 3 shows) and there may have been a few other things being finalized. So the fan club tells us there is a tour, what the dates are and when we will have the opportunity to buy great presale seats. Very likely its all the firm info they had or were allowed to release at the time, and yet scores of folks are pissed.

The day is coming when there'll be no 10c tix whatsoever, lets see the bitching then. Some folks don't understand how good we've got it with this fan club.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    See, Undie sees through your brainless logic too. If you want to continue this fight JoeJoe by all means we can keep poking holes in your logic. But I think we should all stop now, to save you the trouble and embarassment.

Its not logic..I am expressing my opinion about the service I receive.

Do you need to cite someone else's post to make you feel good about your opinion?...that is pretty brainless.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

If the sole purpose of the 10 Club was to provide tickets then your point would make sense. The second the 10 Club started charging, it wasn't all "about the music" as you say (are you a hippie or something?). For you it is obviously all about your great set location.

Being that I pay $20 a year, yeah I do occasionally get a little peeved when shit comes months late or when the servers crash. That to me and most of us non-delusional fans here = shitty service. Just because we can all choose not to come here and not to pay (which is 100% right) doesn't absolve the 10 Club from not treating all of it's customers with respect and providing good service.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Its not logic..I am expressing my opinion about the service I receive.

Do you need to cite someone else's post to make you feel good about your opinion?...that is pretty brainless.

Brainless? I backed up Koufax cuz he and I have the same opinion on the matter. You're right though, I should have just repeated again what he said becuase that would bring somehting new to the table. Good point man.

Well its been real hanging with you PJ elitists. But I am gonna go and hang out with the rest of the "ungrateful" people becuase we just hate PJ and the 10C so much. I hope all the ass kissing you guys are doing will bring you closer to your dreams of actually possessing the members of Pearl Jam. Its noble work you guys are doing blindly following your masters like sheep. I'm not reading this thread anymore so say what you. Have fun.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    Brainless? I backed up Koufax cuz he and I have the same opinion on the matter. You're right though, I should have just repeated again what he said becuase that would bring somehting new to the table. Good point man.

Well its been real hanging with you PJ elitists. But I am gonna go and hang out with the rest of the "ungrateful" people becuase we just hate PJ and the 10C so much. I hope all the ass kissing you guys are doing will bring you closer to your dreams of actually possessing the members of Pearl Jam. Its noble work you guys are doing blindly following your masters like sheep. I'm not reading this thread anymore so say what you. Have fun.

No one said anything about possessing the members of the band.

You are quite the rebel, my friend. Why not go rebel against something that really matters in the real world.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I concur.

People seem to be putting too much on ten club's rather broad shoulders. I don't think some folks understand the difference between a fan club and band management. The ten club is the fan club, they provide certain services for the members...they are not band management, and do not make decisions about tours/ticket prices and the like. They can divulge only the information that management or the band OK's them to divulge. I find it quite possible that when the tour was announced, the exact cost of tix for the shows wasn't finalized, each of these venues tacks on its own facility fee (you'll notice the difference in prices of yeaterday's 3 shows) and there may have been a few other things being finalized. So the fan club tells us there is a tour, what the dates are and when we will have the opportunity to buy great presale seats. Very likely its all the firm info they had or were allowed to release at the time, and yet scores of folks are pissed.

The day is coming when there'll be no 10c tix whatsoever, lets see the bitching then. Some folks don't understand how good we've got it with this fan club.

Holy cow.. this is outta hand... I bump just this section of the post.. ha
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    "lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers
    he decides to dream... dream up a new self, for himself"

Mansfield, MA (August 07, 1992)
    Mansfield, MA (August 08, 1992)
    Boston, MA (April 12, 1994)
    Washington, D.C. (January 15, 1995)
    Mansfield, MA (September 15, 1998)
    Mansfield, MA (September 16, 1998)
    Bristow, VA (July 01, 2003)
    Hershey, PA (July 12, 2003)
    Reading, PA (October 01, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (October 11, 2004)
    Washington, D.C. (May 30, 2006)
    E. Rutherford, NJ (June 03, 2006)
    Washington, D.C. (June 22, 2008)
    Bristow, VA (May 13, 2010)
    Baltimore, MD (October 27, 2013)
    Fenway Park, Boston, MA (August 07, 2016)
  • Options
    I dont want to call people names but if they say the that ten club is a perfectly run service (thats right when you pay for something it is a service) they are nuts.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I dont want to call people names but if they say the that ten club is a perfectly run service (thats right when you pay for something it is a service) they are nuts.

following up on that though, I challenge anyone to name just one perfectly run service to be fair.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.