Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

Comments

• Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I will definitely go going to some shows but I do think the ticket prices are a bit out of line. Tell my why the Foo Fighters can put on an arena show that includes not one but TWO stages (acoustic stage in the back of the arena) as well as about 3 or 4 additional band members that need to be paid and a pretty kick ass light show for about $50 but pearl jam needs to charge these prices? The only reason is the fact that they want more money, plain and simple. That is their right and their choice and we all have the opportunity to take it or leave it. I will be taking it in spite of not being too thrilled with it but I guess I really can't bitch if I am going to be paying that price.

What disgusts me are the apologists and delusional kiss asses here making up all kinds of excuses and bashing everyone who has issues with the ticket prices. Bottom line is the band is charging this much because they know people will pay it. What saddens me is this band always seemed to stand against this shit back in the day. How many times did Ed say he wanted to be just like Fugazi?

When people cite the police and u2 charging $125-$200 a ticket....they are the Police and U2. People will pay that to see those upper tier bands. No way the average person forks over $200 face value for Pearl jam. Part of me feels as though Pearl Jam would be charging that if they knew people would pay that.
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    to the OP: a little Google searching or searching around other threads on the board would have told you the MSG tickets are $77
    and I believe the Camden ones are $60

or you could have posted your question here before bashing the 10Club for not providing a courteous enough response to your e-mail.

It's unbelieveable how much people think their $30 annual membership entitles them to. Wow.
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Oh come on, you can't really be surprised that fans of a band like Pearl Jam would debate and question things. This isn't a Goo Goo Dolls forum after all...
    the Goos are my other favorite band in the world! Hey now! :)
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    Allie wrote:
    to the OP: a little Google searching or searching around other threads on the board would have told you the MSG tickets are $77

or you could have posted your question here before bashing the 10Club for not providing a courteous enough response to your e-mail.

It's unbelieveable how much people think their $30 annual membership entitles them to. Wow.

Yeah shame on us for wanting to know how much something is direct from the people selling it to us. Afterall, the internet/google is ALWAYS 100% right.
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362

What disgusts me are the apologists and delusional kiss asses here making up all kinds of excuses and bashing everyone who has issues with the ticket prices. Bottom line is the band is charging this much because they know people will pay it. What saddens me is this band always seemed to stand against this shit back in the day. How many times did Ed say he wanted to be just like Fugazi?
    I take offense to that! :mad: Are you saying that because some of us have oppinions other than whinging, we are kissing ass?! That's fucked! I don't believe they would be charging what they're charging to rip the fans off to line their pockets. Not that it's any of our business, but I wish they would give an itemised list of costs, just to show everyone what touring costs them. I really think a lot of people would be shocked at how much it all adds up to.
    At the end of the day, it's their job/career! I wouldn't let my boss pay me any less than what I deserve, just to keep him/her happy and I would tell anyone questioning that to fucken mind their own business!
    When people cite the police and u2 charging $125-$200 a ticket....they are the Police and U2. People will pay that to see those upper tier bands. No way the average person forks over $200 face value for Pearl jam. Part of me feels as though Pearl Jam would be charging that if they knew people would pay that.
    I'd pay that to see PJ!!!
    Hurry up and come back to AUSTRALIA PJ!!!!!!
  • Options
    Yeah shame on us for wanting to know how much something is direct from the people selling it to us. Afterall, the internet/google is ALWAYS 100% right.
    I actually have no problem with the original post.....I was quite shocked at 10c's reply :(
    When they eventually get back down here, I would hope to know how much money I need more than 2 days before buying tix.
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

Are those prices legit?
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Options
    Are those prices legit?
    Good grief! Nobody has any faith in anyone in the world anymore.

I can't find the exact link but it's in here somewhere on this board,
    $77 was listed on KRock's website and someone has a link to it

I can't quote an exact price for Camden, sorry but I read something to that effect here on the board.

these are the prices on Ticketmaster for WPB
    show:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0D004078DC5C9052?artistid=735836&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    I will definitely go going to some shows but I do think the ticket prices are a bit out of line. Tell my why the Foo Fighters can put on an arena show that includes not one but TWO stages (acoustic stage in the back of the arena) as well as about 3 or 4 additional band members that need to be paid and a pretty kick ass light show for about $50 but pearl jam needs to charge these prices? The only reason is the fact that they want more money, plain and simple. That is their right and their choice and we all have the opportunity to take it or leave it. I will be taking it in spite of not being too thrilled with it but I guess I really can't bitch if I am going to be paying that price.

um they had a corporate sponsor, please do some homework before posting.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Get a JOB!!!
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    I think the majority of complaints on this board are petty, but it is kinda lame to not tell your fans or "customers" how much their tickets are going to cost
    why what obligation do they have to tell you? this is why customer service is what it is. too many prima donnas acting like gods gift if their ass isn't kissed.

it cost what it costs
  • Options
    mjb wrote:
    The club should respect that this bit of information is quite critical for a lot of people on this board. What possible excuse is there for not posting the price?

i think the 10c figured most of its members weren't living paycheck to paycheck
  • Options
    pjalive21 wrote:
    looks like the boycott is working because FL tickets are still available
    or as pJ has surmised 2 years ago

no one fucking cares about the south
  • Options
    Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    I will go even if they charge $150 a ticket but I know a lot of my friends will not be down with paying $55-60 for a lawn seat after all the surcharges.

I feel this way about spending $60 on a lawn seat for Tom Petty this summer...NOT GOING!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    I don't disagree with wanting to know how much something costs
    but I'm saying, it's been on this board
    or I in fact did look it up online, since I"m not cynical :)
    but it wouldn't occur to me to send an e-mail to 10Club
    and then dog them out when I didn't like their response.

Plus I'm not a member :)

I think that they probably think everyone who's a member is going to buy a ticket irregardless of cost, b/c, you know, they are in the club :)

I think there's a lot of entitlement type of attitude, not from you, per se, but just a lot of kvetching and things of this nature.
    People should be happy they are going on tour.

Now I concur that I think $77 is a pricey concert ticket but I understand why it is the case.. (inflation, it's a show at MSG, etc etc)...

that's the way it is. The price of everything has gone up in the world. I don't get why it's so :eek: shocking to people.
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Allie wrote:

that's the way it is. The price of everything has gone up in the world. I don't get why it's so :eek: shocking to people.
    I concur :)
    Not generalizing....but I think a lot of the fans living in the U.S are a bit spoilt and take things for granted :(
    Try living down here......not as many opportunities to see PJ and tix are a lot more expensive......BUT....we're grateful to get what we get!
  • Options
    I think 10C makes it harder on themselves. If they had just inserted a simple sentence with the prices, they probably would have eliminated 80% of the emails they are now getting. I'm on such a tight budget now but still want to see PJ that it would be great to know the ticket prices before I actually hit the "buy" button. And yeah, I've guessed I'll need $320 +/- for 2 pairs of MSG tix. But still would be nice to know definitely. And I think fans who are in this position should be treated with just as much respect as those who can afford whatever, whereever, anytime.

Partly what makes this band somewhat unique is its "travelling fanbase". You fans who say we should stay in our region miss out on meeting alot of cool people from around the world. Also, they don't go into every region of the USA.

We do only pay $20 for annual membership to 10C. Check out some of the other "bigger" bands. Lucky to get annual membership for $60 or $80.

Also, the best seats I've gotten to PJ shows have NEVER been 10C seats. So I guess I shouldn't sweat it.
    ...And he who forgets will be destined to remember.

...I swear I never took it for granted. Just thought of it now.
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    why what obligation do they have to tell you? this is why customer service is what it is. too many prima donnas acting like gods gift if their ass isn't kissed.

it cost what it costs

thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. why dont you stop being a 10C drone. knowing what something cost before you buy it is having your ass kissed?

dont worry though, pearl jam loves you
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I think 10C makes it harder on themselves. If they had just inserted a simple sentence with the prices, they probably would have eliminated 80% of the emails they are now getting. I'm on such a tight budget now but still want to see PJ that it would be great to know the ticket prices before I actually hit the "buy" button. And yeah, I've guessed I'll need $320 +/- for 2 pairs of MSG tix. .

Why do you have to go to both shows? If money is so "tight" for you right now, just plan on attending one of the shows. This is what I don't understand. People whine about not being told certain information, complain about tight finances, but yet, still plan on doubling up their purchases. It doesn't make sense. Also, be prepared, MSG may be even more expensive.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. why dont you stop being a 10C drone. knowing what something cost before you buy it is having your ass kissed?

dont worry though, pearl jam loves you

When you click the ticket link, it tells you the price. Thus you know what it costs before you buy it. Just because someone doesn't have anything to piss and moan about, it doesn't make them a "drone."
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ticket prices are not expensive! Tickets are cheaper in the States than they are here in Ireland - €50 for a ticket? Hell yeah!

Neil Young - €81
    Prince - Between €66 and €120
    Bon Jovi - €86

Even Boyzone tickets cost fuckin €80! :eek: And Pearl Jam in Copenhagen last year cost around €70!

Now quit fuckin whining!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    andshewasandshewas Posts: 31
    take into account the increased costs of staging a show as well these days, insurance and all the rest... it is normal that prices go up! it is called inflation!
    in 03 in australia tickets were $80 AUD each with the aussie dollar worth about 60 cents us
    in 06 they were $115 AUD with the dollar at that stage 85 cents to the dollar

now we are 95 cents to the dollar, and even if the seats are $80US each, they are cheap by alot of standards

Too right!! Just stop the whinging guys it's crazy!!! These are cheap tix by Europe & Aus comparision!!!!
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    When you click the ticket link, it tells you the price. Thus you know what it costs before you buy it. Just because someone doesn't have anything to piss and moan about, it doesn't make them a "drone."

yeah you keep believing that. and when you go to the store and pick up a shirt, do you see a price tag on it or do you take it up to the register and when its all bagged up you let the cashier just tell you what it costs?

but like I said....pearl jam loves you. all of you.
  • Options
    Jennytree wrote:
    Ticket prices are not expensive! Tickets are cheaper in the States than they are here in Ireland - €50 for a ticket? Hell yeah!

Neil Young - €81
    Prince - Between €66 and €120
    Bon Jovi - €86

Even Boyzone tickets cost fuckin €80! :eek: And Pearl Jam in Copenhagen last year cost around €70!

Now quit fuckin whining!

Money is all relative. If someone makes 30,000 in the U.S. it does not mean that a person in the U.K. doing the same job makes 15,000 pounds. Chances are the person in the U.K. is making closer to 30,000 pounds.

An example McDonalds employee in U.S. 8.00/hour

McDonalds Employee in U.K. probably makes 7 pounds/ hour (14.00 U.S. dollars)

Same reason a double cheeseburger in London costs 99 pence (2 U.S. dollars)
    & here it costs 1 U.S. Dollar
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I'd prefer the tickets be priced at $99 each.....this would give those of us who are not complaining about ticket prices better seats because many fans will not buy to "protest" the ticket prices.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    this has nothing to do with how much they are but rarther not having the decency to tell us in advance.

some people actually need that info who want to go to multiple shows. Im not even really one of them, and I still think its one of the most ridiculous practices Ive seen a "business" do
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    or as pJ has surmised 2 years ago

no one fucking cares about the south

or the south is starting not to care...
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    I've always said that even if Pearl Jam played a show in each one of our living rooms, there would still be a large group of fans who would complain that their mom wouldn't let them move the "good coffee table". The overwhelming trend in our society is to simply complain for the sake of complaining. There are less and less people out there who go out and earn/take a living the hard way and feel they are just entitled to it.

Let's just enjoy the shows if we are going and if you're not, smile knowing that those that are going will have a great time.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    yeah you keep believing that. and when you go to the store and pick up a shirt, do you see a price tag on it or do you take it up to the register and when its all bagged up you let the cashier just tell you what it costs?

What type of logic is that? You see a product you want (tickets), you see the price (when you're on the ticket page), you purchase (checkout). Unless you're the type of person that calls the store ahead of time to ask for the price of a shirt, you have no argument.
  • Options
    tschav wrote:
    What type of logic is that? You see a product you want (tickets), you see the price (when you're on the ticket page), you purchase (checkout). Unless you're the type of person that calls the store ahead of time to ask for the price of a shirt, you have no argument.

how are you not getting this? im sick of arguing with you idiots so Im just going to stop

remember kids, PEARL JAM LOVES YOU! TEN CLUB LOVES YOU!