Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

Comments

• Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,365
    Poncier wrote:
    How much for around the world?

i assume u mean tickets and not sex...

for example the oz tour in 06 was A$100 which at the moment is US$90.
    last yr wembley and copenhagen were 180-205US for the pairs.
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    lisalisalisalisa Posts: 3
    Upwards of 80 bucks? That is NOTHING. Don't even ask me how much I have spent on Police tickets. 80 bucks is a bargain!
    THE POLICE:
    7/28/07 Fenway
    7/29/07 Fenway
    7/31/08 Mansfield
    8/01/08 Saratoga
    08/03/08 Holmdel
    08/04/08 Jones Beach
    08/05/08 Jones Beach

PEARL JAM 6/30/08??
  • Options
    Asskiss....got something brown around your mouth there
    for response, see your name.
    :rolleyes:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    Why do people think that the rest of the world needs to adjust to their financial position?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,284
    i assume u mean tickets and not sex...

As a wise man once said...don't assume... :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    I went to the Krock website. And it says $77.00 plus faclilty fees. That could be close to 160.

http://923krock.com/pages/1861148.php
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    :rolleyes: Not to be a dick, but some people are very, very tight on cash. That shouldn't deny them the best live show in the history of the world. The last thing we need is another room full of rich fucking republicans.

No you shouldn't be denied, but if you're stressing about $15, I'm sorry but you have bigger problems. A luxury item shouldn't be in you cards.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    pearl jam announces an east coast tour, lets COMPLAIN!
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    for response, see your name.
    :rolleyes:
    roflmao. very nice.
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    No you shouldn't be denied, but if you're stressing about $15, I'm sorry but you have bigger problems. A luxury item shouldn't be in you cards.
    I don't see PJ as luxury. btw, I'm not personally concerned about $15. I can foot the bill, and gladly. But, some people NEED music and when it comes to music, PJ is the cream of the crop. There have been times in my life where a chance to see PJ made me want to live instead of die. Maybe that's extreme but I doubt I'm alone.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    that is absolute BULLSHIT. they give us just a few days notice and dont even tell us how much the tickets are going to be?!??! what the fuck. times are tough ten club. we need this information to PLAN.

I agree! Fucking pathetic! The 10c is absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a worthless organization!!!!!!
  • Options
    ozsmalltowngirlozsmalltowngirl Posts: 14,362
    I agree. But I think it's kinda fucked up that they don't have the prices yet. Thought they could have figured that out with the extra day they took for the tweet to get their eggs in a row and shit...

Still, I wish they would be more consistent with their pricing. I know the economy is shit but 8 years ago tickets were around $30. I don't see the need to more than double the price of tix. I think somewhere around $50 would be more reasonable.
    Well I don't know what it's like in the US, but I can tell you the price of living here has more than doubled in the last 8 years.....prolly more like 3-4 times dearer. Fuel, for one, has more than tripled and I would say the cost of fuel would be a major expense on a tour.

Tix for us in '06 were about $115 (each ticket) and I'd expect them to be more than that next time we're LUCKY enough to have PJ tour down here.

We'll all be so GRATEFUL for a PJ tour!!!!!!! :) Send them down here!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I can see both sides of it.

I mean do people actually think that the ONLY way you will be able to get tickets to see the band is to get them through the 10 Club. Come on be serious, the concert industry has been really HURTING the past 5 or 6 years, I promise you can get in to any of the shows even if you do not get them through the 10 club. I only need 1 ticket for each show, I will take me chances and not buy 2 tickets to a concert that I HAVE to be @ the day of the show to get my ticket when I only need one and things might change or someone in my family may die so I maybe not even be there.

I saw the Grateful Dead about 170 times and Phish about 20 times, they both sold tickets to their fans, it was called "Mail Order Tickets". They would tell you when all the shows on the tour were, they would tell you the PRICE of the tickets and how many you could buy, you HAD to send a Postal money order ONLY for the EXACT amount with the concert venue and dates on the outside of a #10 envelope ONLY.

If you were accepted they would SEND you the tickets that did NOT LOOK ANYTHING like the Ticketmaster tickets, they had all kinds of crazy designs on them, when you ripped the tickect it had color paper inside, not white, that's how you could tell if it was real. It was a PAIN IN THE ASS at the time (late 80's early 90's) but IT WORKED GREAT.

If you could not make the show for whatever reason, you could find a way to get rid of it by selling it or giving it away to one of your friends. But again it WAS NOT THE ONLY way you could see the band, although the tickets were ALWAYS 10 to 15 dollars cheaper and there was no service charge because you had to pay for the return postage. If I go to MSG I will just try to get a ticket @ the box office or buy one from someone, even if I have to pay a little more for a single @ least I DON"T HAVE to buy two tickets and try to sell one.

The way some people WHINE on this BB you would think they have NEVER been to a concert in their life and if they don't get tickets through the 10 Club their life is over. This is an example of how Grateful Dead Tickets Sales still does it for the other bands.

http:gdstoo.com/
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    There have been times in my life where a chance to see PJ made me want to live instead of die. Maybe that's extreme but I doubt I'm alone.

I really hope you are not being serious.... and if you are serious, I really hope you are alone on that thought, im sorry
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Cob wrote:

The way some people WHINE on this BB
    totally blows me away!!! As soon as I saw there was another Tweet, just made me think....Great :rolleyes: sit back and wait for a gazillion threads, all whinging and complaining about something :(
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    that is absolute BULLSHIT. they give us just a few days notice and dont even tell us how much the tickets are going to be?!??! what the fuck. times are tough ten club. we need this information to PLAN.
    if your in a situation where you cant budget 130-200 dollars on 4 days notice, a ticket to see pj may not be your highest priority. concert tix are a luxury item, which is why we never see homeless people at shows.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    yeah plan for a buck 50 a pair and then you are all good, and possibly surprised that it was cheaper.
    um how about 70 per pair min

dream on with the 50
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

dream on with the 50

You guys joking right?
    50 or 70 a pair is crazy!!!

I dont expect to pay less than $150 per pair on Monday...and I wouldn't be surprised if it was more after fees.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,449
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

dream on with the 50

buck 50 = 150

whats with the itchy trigger fingers here...best to slow down and read, people!
    :)
  • Options
    I agree! Fucking pathetic! The 10c is absolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a worthless organization!!!!!!

if you haven't relinquished your membership voluntarily at this point, i hope they strip you of it, on principle.

hee hawwwww, hee hawwww
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    ticket prices would be good now so we can plan.... this beating info out of the 10c sucks.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    ticket prices would be good now so we can plan.... this beating info out of the 10c sucks.

I mean I can see why some people are bothered by the lack of ticket prices and its plain out weird (that we dont have the prices) BUT... why is it such a big deal???

Last tour a pair ranged in between $121-$125 per venue so it wont be less than that for sure... so assume they'll be $15/$20 more per ticket we will probably be looking at $160/$165 per pair... I'm sure we wont get to Monday and find out that they will be charging $100 per ticket...
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    buck 50 = 150
    LOL! Thanx for clarifying that....Down here a 'buck 50' means $1.50 :D I assumed I was missing the joke :o

I'd be wrapped to pay $150 a pair!!! :eek: Like I said...'06 tix here were just under $115 each......and I was more than happy to pay it.

BRING ON AN AUSTRALIAN TOUR ALREADY!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    People go from 0 to BTAO( Bitchin Their Asses Off ) in no time flat on these boards. In the words of Artie Lange.....WAAAAAAAHHHHH. You don't like the prices, don't go.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:
    :eek: does this mean you'll be attending a show or more with your loverly lady, Zoso? :)
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628
    Everything is getting more expensive these days thans to Dubyas war and our continued dependence on foreign oil, shit economy...w/ petro prices the way they are, costs of all services increasing, how can anyone here expect the old $30-40 tickets?

$50-60 or higher would not surprise me..in fact I'd be surprised if they were less than $70 for some shows.

Its probably no choice of PJs...higher venue fees, labor costs, transport costs...some of these have damn near doubled in the last 3-4 years.

I know its sucks but it won't get better soon.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Why do people think that the rest of the world needs to adjust to their financial position?
    Exactly, and if seeing a pj show is important enough, they should begin saving their change at the end of last tour.

When we only have a chance to see pj shows every few years the difference between $60 and $90 per ticket is nothing.
    can't escape from the common rule
    if you hate something, don't you do it too...
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

PJ is fucking touring the east coast, and playing two nights at MSG!

its gonna cost a whole lot less than the latest nostalgia act and be a whole lot better

so chill.............

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    For those with a gripe, I think the best way to make your voices heard is to boycott the 10C ticket sale.
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,789
    LOL! Thanx for clarifying that....Down here a 'buck 50' means $1.50 :D I assumed I was missing the joke :o

see? even inflation raises slang for prices!