Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

Comments

• Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    Sloth2 wrote:
    I wonder if bands will continue to charge stupid prices now that our $ is up at 0.94USD

In theory it should be more or less USA price with a travel surcharge on top....

But yeah quit whingeing. If I want to see PJ this year it will cost $3500

I'm almost crazy enough to do it

In theory....

$1900 return inc tax to NYC from sydney!
    see ya there! DC- Boston! :)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    what are these september dates you speak so fondly of???????

i got "permission" from my wife to be able to go to the US next time there is a tour and hopefully go a few shows and now they go and announce one which starts ON my birthday, and my wife and i already had the time booked off work, its fate that i go ISN'T IT?????

BUT (and it's quite large but) it is gonna cost quite a substantial amount of money, like £1500 for 10 days in orlando, plus tickets plus spends plus car hire. Is it "really" worth it i ask myself or should i wait til the next euro dates?

i voiced these concerns to my wife and said "even if we do go, next time they play europe i will want/need to go to a few of those aswell" she said she knows and just accepts my PJ tour affliction!! :D

take your wife! she is a nice lady! geez you dragged her to poland last year, why not NYC!!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    are there limitations on the amount of shows we can get tickets for? Are we as fanclub members only entitled to one show, or can we get tickets for two or three shows? I know it sounds like a stupid question but you never know...
  • Options
    If you have the loot, you can buy a pair to as many shows as you want.
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    The ticket cost question is valid. I think it is ridiculous how some blindly stick up for this band.
    Detroit ticket in 1998 $25.00
    Detroit ticket in 2000 $28.00
    Detroit ticket in 2003 $48.50
    Detroit ticket in 2006 $58.50

uh yeah, for $28 a ticket you must have had a great seat in the parking lot.

for a pair i paid just under $100....same for the first show at DTE in 2003, $98 or $49 for one ticket...

anyway...

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    ugh can this thread go away

1 - too much money for tix??

don't go

2 - can't get the price from 10c?

go to the other bizillion sites that r selling tix for other bands and figure it out

if not wait for the sale date, then refer to #1
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,852
    ever seen an episode of "behind the music"?

they pay their crew, expenses, lawyers, management and then split the rest five ways. I don't know what their personal finanial picture is and neither do you.

They're almost 50 years old. I think everyone gets to a certain age and thinks, "I worked all those years, I should have more than that"!

The (shitty) Eagles broke the ticket price barrier with 75.00 tix in 1994.

pearl jam is hardly making a money grab 14 years later equaling that.

true, they're not making the money they once did, but i think you're being quite modest in your assumptions. record deals and all the other parameters that come into play -- they're living quite comfortably i'm sure.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Zeiff wrote:
    Using this data in SPSS I got a .890 correlation between the gas prices and tickets. Which is quite high.

What other factores seem to be involved in prices such as mean ticket prices industry wide? Any others? If we get enough factors we could run a regression.

... that is so awesome!!
    I have to go to work/internship right now but that is so great!!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    Amen to that! Over the years, the 10c has really SUNK!!!!!!!! It's now pretty much worthless.
    You find out less than a week before tix go on sale, not leaving a lot of time to plan. News about the band can be found on other sites all the time. I could go on for days but won't.

They 10c is piss poorly run. Back in the day it was the chit as they say. Now?? Pathetic!

Talk with any other bands fan club and you will find out that tenclub is far superior to all others. The fact that you get any tickets is something that not all, in fact hardly any, other fan clubs do. Then to get the best tickets in the house is amazing. Also with the pretty sweet newsletter, bootlegs, and X-mas single, the 10Club is pretty sweet.
    You pay $20 a year and expect everything? Get real!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    You pay $20 a year and expect everything? Get real!

agreed.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    take into account the increased costs of staging a show as well these days, insurance and all the rest... it is normal that prices go up! it is called inflation!
    in 03 in australia tickets were $80 AUD each with the aussie dollar worth about 60 cents us
    in 06 they were $115 AUD with the dollar at that stage 85 cents to the dollar

now we are 95 cents to the dollar, and even if the seats are $80US each, they are cheap by alot of standards
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    agreed.

you people are unreal. 10C is garbage when it comes to this shit

how can anyone defend giving the most die hard and nut job fans less than a week to get the funds for these shows and on top of it refuse to tell us what were expected to pay for them? its bullshit.

its absolute horseshit to not tell us the ticket prices. i dont care what any of you people say, you can bow down and worship anything related to the band, tell me how ungreatful i am to the all mighty ten club, whatever

its BULLSHIT.
  • Options

how can anyone defend giving the most die hard and nut job fans less than a week to get the funds for these shows and on top of it refuse to tell us what were expected to pay for them? its bullshit.

its absolute horseshit to not tell us the ticket prices. i dont care what any of you people say, you can bow down and worship anything related to the band, tell me how ungreatful i am to the all mighty ten club, whatever

its BULLSHIT.

so quit then. You know why im not concerned about not having the prices? Because they've never been astronomically high at any point in time. why would i expect anything less when they go on sale?

and as for last minute stuff, how do you not know that this was all last minute for them anyways? they had to delay the announcement an extra day because they were working out the kinks just last week. it's not like they had this announcement hoarded up for months on end and decided to spring it on us.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    This thread has got to contain the biggest load of bullshit I have seen in a while. Well, at least since everyone was calling Ed a money grubber for selling Into The Wild through Starbucks or how prissy he has become because he doesn't want a light show courtesy of camera flashes at his solo shows.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,376

its BULLSHIT.

Now here's someone who I'm sure is all over my boycott idea! Who else?
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    If it's three hours to on-sale for the first show, then we'll certainly have an educated guess at the price in three hours and five minutes.

Not to prolong the discussion, but I can understand why some 10C members are upset. This is NOT consistent with past tour announcements. In fact, we received a full listing of dates, venues, and prices all at the same time through the 2004 shows. I don't think it's wrong to want all the pertinent info when making a buying decision.

However, it also is easy to guess about the supposed price of these tickets and plan accordingly. I don't see how the extra $40 bucks for a pair (give or take) would be a deal-breaker.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    uh yeah, for $28 a ticket you must have had a great seat in the parking lot.

for a pair i paid just under $100....same for the first show at DTE in 2003, $98 or $49 for one ticket...

anyway...

The $28 was for a ticket through the tenclub in 2000, so you must have been ripped off.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    I think the majority of complaints on this board are petty, but it is kinda lame to not tell your fans or "customers" how much their tickets are going to cost - irrespective of whether or not $20 here or there makes a difference, it is just bush league. Sorry 10c
  • Options
    I still cannot even begin to fathom how, 100 minutes before sale time, that we don't know how much tickets are.

This isn't a HUGE financial move for me, but takes some creative timing (we don't all get paid everyday you know). File my 2cents in the pissy penny pot, I'm just more blown away (shouldn't be I guess) than I am irritated at this point.
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    Some of you bitches are unbelievable!

I barely have two pennies to rub together at this moment, and if this were a mini-Mid-West tour about to go on sale, you sho nuff best damn believe that I would forsake my phone, electricity, whatever bill to AT least have $200 to spare for a set of tickets to at least ONE show.

Bare minimum. It's you people who want to go to 3+ shows and be greedy.

Just be grateful that PJ are having this mini-tour in your neck of the woods! Many of us really can't even plan to attend due to logistics and a financial strain at this moment. But again, had they been coming to Michigan/Indiana/Ohio or Toronto, I WOULD FIND THE MONEY IN UNDER 24 HOURS, NO PROBLEM!

Stop bitching and just buy your fucking ticket! Damn brats!
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    whitepants, can you stop posting your angst in multiple threads? k, thx
    If it weren't for my horse, I never would have spent that year in college.
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Whitepants, I agree with you...if it is important, you find the money. But keep in mind, you have to pay for the tickets on this site with a credit card or preloaded debit card - you need to know how much money to allocate, etc. It is just weak IMO to not give some the courtesy of the price to make sure they have enough money on hand. The club should respect that this bit of information is quite critical for a lot of people on this board. What possible excuse is there for not posting the price? Is someone in a little room somewhere actually working an Excel spreadsheet figuring it all out??? Pretty sure they aren't
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    I understand what you're saying mjb. Maybe the ticket price is a 'little' higher than the norm due to this being a surprise mini-tour treat, and the TC didn't want a bitchfest on the board all weekend long. Surely, once today's tickets go on sale, the prices will be known, but NYC will mos def be higher cuz it's NYC.

Just brace yourselves, the tickets will be higher than the norm, but hopefully it won't derail anyone from buying tickets. I just figure if people stop complaining and being more positive and productive in gathering enough funds, they'll be happier in the long run.

Mind, a lot of us wish we were in their shoes today, or this week for that matter.

Good luck anyway.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    whitepants wrote:
    Some of you bitches are unbelievable!

I barely have two pennies to rub together at this moment, and if this were a mini-Mid-West tour about to go on sale, you sho nuff best damn believe that I would forsake my phone, electricity, whatever bill to AT least have $200 to spare for a set of tickets to at least ONE show.

Bare minimum. It's you people who want to go to 3+ shows and be greedy.

Just be grateful that PJ are having this mini-tour in your neck of the woods! Many of us really can't even plan to attend due to logistics and a financial strain at this moment. But again, had they been coming to Michigan/Indiana/Ohio or Toronto, I WOULD FIND THE MONEY IN UNDER 24 HOURS, NO PROBLEM!

Stop bitching and just buy your fucking ticket! Damn brats!

Hah! Well said. If I hadn't just gotten my tax refund I would either be selling a kidney or my womanly parts right now; whichever one I could get the most money for.

Three crooked hearts, swirls all around

You can't spell Gossard without G-O-D
  • Options
    faithful227faithful227 Posts: 352
    I agree that it would be nice to know how much the tickets are going to be, however I appreciate everything 10C does for us. There has to be a reason they haven't told us. Do you seriously think they wouldn't have if they could have? Like they're plotting against us? Not likely. That would be just ridiculous.

I suspect they will be in the $70.00 range but have prepared to be able to pay slightly more if they are. We are just lucky to have this opportunity in the first place is how I look at it. Pre sale tickets to see the greatest band in the world is definitely worth my $20.00 a year :) There's always the alternative, quit 10C and get your tickets like everyone else. Pretty sure Ticketmaster doesn't post ticket prices before they go on sale, but I could be wrong. It's happened before.

1 hour 3 minutes to go!
    VHC member #155***

Ft Lauderdale '96:::West Palm Beach '98:::Tampa '00:::Tampa '03:::Camden 1&2 '06::: DC '06:::West Palm Beach '08:::Tampa '08:::Columbia '08:::Virginia Beach '08

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    $148 for a pair to WPB, close the damn thread.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    looks like the boycott is working because FL tickets are still available
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,347
    pjalive21 wrote:
    looks like the boycott is working because FL tickets are still available
    Or maybe we now understand why they skipped the south in 06.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    The ticket cost question is valid. I think it is ridiculous how some blindly stick up for this band.
    Detroit ticket in 1998 $25.00
    Detroit ticket in 2000 $28.00
    Detroit ticket in 2003 $48.50
    Detroit ticket in 2006 $58.50

Gas in 1998 $1.22
    Gas in 2000 $1.52
    Gas in 2003 $1.75
    Gas in 2006 $3.04

To me, the reason the ticket prices are high is due to the fact that they want to make substanially more money than they have in the past. As you can see from these numbers that the ticket prices do not corelate with gasoline prices. So the excuse of tickets being high due to gasoline or the cost of living is false.

Good math:( wtf have you been smoking, those prices compared to gas prices aree pretty inline with each other, both more than doubled in 8 years, growing at an almost identical rate
    "So forget the other boys because my love is real.
    Come off your battlefield."
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    The gas vs. ticket price comparison makes no sense.

Gas prices have risen mostly due to political factors. Ticket prices have risen for various reasons, mostly because people steal music, so the bands have to make up for the lost revenue. The high prices that scalpers charge is proof that concert tickets have been underpriced for years and years, so until scalping is abolished, the bands may as well be the ones to charge the true market price.

Complaining that PJ has increased their ticket prices is the same as complaining when your neighbor finally stops sleeping with you (with no strings attached) because he/she got a real boyfriend/girlfriend....just be happy that you got what you did for such a long time!
    :)