Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

wifeofrobfest2wifeofrobfest2 Posts: 6
edited March 2008 in The Porch
This is the email I sent:

I was just wondering what the ticket prices were going to be? Either specifically for the MSG and Camden shows or a general range would be fine.

Thanks!

This is the response I received:

Average ticket prices for today’s ticket market ...

Thanks
10C Staff

Is it me, or does that border on rude? I don't understand why the ticket prices are such a secret. I understand that they were most likely overwhelmed with emails (actually - when are they ever not overwhelmed) but I imagine they know 2 days before the presale starts how much the tickets are going to be.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,370
    that is absolute BULLSHIT. they give us just a few days notice and dont even tell us how much the tickets are going to be?!??! what the fuck. times are tough ten club. we need this information to PLAN.
    This is the email I sent:

I was just wondering what the ticket prices were going to be? Either specifically for the MSG and Camden shows or a general range would be fine.

Thanks!

This is the response I received:

Average ticket prices for today’s ticket market ...

Thanks
    10C Staff

Is it me, or does that border on rude? I don't understand why the ticket prices are such a secret. I understand that they were most likely overwhelmed with emails (actually - when are they ever not overwhelmed) but I imagine they know 2 days before the presale starts how much the tickets are going to be.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I'm expecting tickets to be in the $55.00 to $70.00 dollar range depending on the venue.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    That's their way of saying that PJ no longer cares about getting us the cheapest prices possible without admitting it. & Yes, it was a rude response, they forget sometimes that they are a business...actually I just don't think they care because they know no matter how rude they are, or if they fuck up, if we wanna see the band, we really have no other option than to go through them. If they were annoyed with being bombarded with emails, they shouldn't have responded. I mean it's not like they gave you an answer anyway.
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    jesus christ, peeps.

tickets will be $65 to $80-ISH

Just chill.
    Why the fuck would they give YOU the price specificaly by email, when they haven't posted it here.

Be lucky you even got a response.
    10C just LOVES emails at ticket time, i'm sure.
    :rolleyes:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    I'm expecting tickets to be in the $55.00 to $70.00 dollar range depending on the venue.

Agreed. Not that hard to figure out.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I guess you can read it as rude, but they probably get a lot of emails or even hate email, so it's expected.

Either way you know they'll be around 70 bucks, but is it even a big deal if tix are say $70 or $80..I mean $10 is a small lunch these days, or gas to drive down the street.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,662
    I thought it odd that it wasn't specified in the tweet also.
    But I'd imagine almost a buck fifty a pair once all is said and done.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    yeah plan for a buck 50 a pair and then you are all good, and possibly surprised that it was cheaper.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,284
    Perhaps the exact prices haven't been finalized yet, so they can't provide an answer...thereofore just gave you a general response.
    I don't read it as rude.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Perhaps the exact prices haven't been finalized yet, so they can't provide an answer...thereofore just gave you a general response.
    I don't read it as rude.
    I agree. But I think it's kinda fucked up that they don't have the prices yet. Thought they could have figured that out with the extra day they took for the tweet to get their eggs in a row and shit...

Still, I wish they would be more consistent with their pricing. I know the economy is shit but 8 years ago tickets were around $30. I don't see the need to more than double the price of tix. I think somewhere around $50 would be more reasonable.
  • Options
    I agree. But I think it's kinda fucked up that they don't have the prices yet. Thought they could have figured that out with the extra day they took for the tweet to get their eggs in a row and shit...

Still, I wish they would be more consistent with their pricing. I know the economy is shit but 8 years ago tickets were around $30. I don't see the need to more than double the price of tix. I think somewhere around $50 would be more reasonable.

So it only takes a day for them to figure out ticket prices???
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    jesus christ, peeps.

Just chill.
    Why the fuck would they give YOU the price specificaly by email, when they haven't posted it here.

we talkin 65 - 80 a pair? or individual?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    individual
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    that's individual buddy

I would only say that they might be haggling over some details of prices. That might be the only reason to not give a final detail
    that or they are crazy expensive
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    individual

yeah. Per.
    $65, for straight sex.
    $80 for doggy.
  • Options
    I think this thread pretty much guarantees that 10C will be less responsive. Which sucks. If they see it they'll probably realize they'd have been better off not responding.
  • Options
    Individual.
    I'd expect a pair to run on average $130-150, depending on the venue, highest price may not be MSG, I bet its Mansfield cause the Tweeter tacks on like a 9.00 per ticket "facility fee".
  • Options
    yeah. Per.
    $65, for straight sex.
    $80 for doggy.
    How much for around the world?
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    coulda been worse mate....

they could have said something like "fuck off, stop pestering us and wait until the tickets go on sale"

it was obviously just a quick response to one of many, many emails
  • Options
    Not be a dick, but if you can't afford the + or - $15 dollars we are all speculating on you probably shouldn't be going anyway.
  • Options
    coulda been worse mate....

they could have said something like "fuck off, stop pestering us and wait until the tickets go on sale"

it was obviously just a quick response to one of many, many emails

AMEN.
    This falls under the "NO SHIT" category.

I understand the OP wants to know, "how much", but its not up for the public, it ain't coming to you via PM.

Get over it.
    Wait with the rest of us.

"Typical prices" = $55-$80
    deal with it or don't buy tickets.
    :D
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    that is absolute BULLSHIT. they give us just a few days notice and dont even tell us how much the tickets are going to be?!??! what the fuck. times are tough ten club. we need this information to PLAN.

Agreed..

Not all of us have money trees :D
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,789
    you're going to buy the tickets anyway, so why bother getting upset if they don't have the prices already?

10c tickets usually cost a little less than Ticketmaster+fees. each venue will have different prices. don't expect to pay over $200 for a pair to any show. what's so hard about this? if you're scraping by on what you have, and the tickets cost a whole $10-20 more than you're expecting, then sell some shit or turn tricks.

no matter what, 10c will be a better deal than Ticketmaster. buy them through 10c and quit crying. there's plenty of other people willing to take those tickets out of your hand.
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    Not be a dick, but if you can't afford the + or - $15 dollars we are all speculating on you probably shouldn't be going anyway.

I never said money was a problem, but I do need to make sure I have 5 times the ticket price in my account for when the ten club charges me five times for one pair of tickets.
  • Options
    robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    I never said money was a problem, but I do need to make sure I have 5 times the ticket price in my account for when the ten club charges me five times for one pair of tickets.

that's my girl:D
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

LMAO!!!!! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Smellyman wrote:
    :rolleyes: Not to be a dick, but some people are very, very tight on cash. That shouldn't deny them the best live show in the history of the world. The last thing we need is another room full of rich fucking republicans.
  • Options
    best.
    post.
    ever. :)
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    jesus christ, peeps.

Just chill.

Asskiss....got something brown around your mouth there