Options

Ticket Prices - Thanks Ten Club!

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    If you are worried about ticket prices you shouldn't go because you can't afford it.
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    merlin2600 wrote:
    3) It is entirely unreasonable for anyone to expect 10C to answer your e-mail personally with information that has not been released publicly. What do you think, they just sit there with the info in hand and wait for someone to ask after it? Come on. The response was a little blunt, to be sure, but if you had to answer god knows how many e-mails about how people haven't renewed lapsed accounts, and why aren't PJ playing in their backyard, and whatever else, you'd be annoyed too.

Geez. You'd think the people working the 10C would be doing it as a labor of love more than anything else. 10C or not its a basic issue of customer service. They're there to sell it to you, and you're there to buy it. They've had going on 20 years of time to learn how act like a professional business. The whole mom and pop store image is old with all the traffic. Maybe the guy who wrote the e-mail was having a bad day or whatever, but shitty service is shitty service no matter who they work for.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    but shitty service is shitty service no matter who they work for.
    Average ticket prices for today’s ticket market ...

Thanks
    10C Staff
    They gave a BALLPARK answer,
    and they said "THANKS"

WTF did you want?
    A blowjob, and a signed estimate order?

:confused:
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I hate that how when a band announces a tour, the tickets go on sale and you don't get to know until the time you purchase tickets. And if you don't have enough money, then tough luck.

Last year when guns n roses went on sale (shit concert) tickets were $170 which I found out at the last minute. I was planning to get 3 tickets. With bookings on top, I fell 10 cents shorty of 3 tickets. If I had know before, I would of accounted for it.

In hind sight, the person who missed out, it was a blessing in disguise
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    Thanks
    10C Staff[/url]

They gave a BALLPARK answer,
    and they said "THANKS"

WTF did you want?
    A blowjob, and a signed estimate order?

:confused:

Average ticket prices for today's ticket market? To me that is a very smart ass answer. For one thing its vague, the other problem is it gives off a kind of don't bother us tone. The money isn't the issue at all. It just lacks any professionalism. Details aren't available at this time would have been a better option.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    teskeincteskeinc Posts: 840
    The Bush rebate checks should cover at least a couple concerts for our down and out members. Thats money you wouldnt have had so why not blow it on PJ shows?
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2 2018 Prague, Wrigley 2
    2020 Phoenix, SD

• Options
    JwmccJwmcc Posts: 451
    Never thought of it that way. That check would cover at least two if not three shows..
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Poncier wrote:
    You have got to be kidding.
    Ths mini tour was obviously just finalized, based on the delay from Wed to Thur for the announcement, they had issues they were still working out.
    The fan club sales have to go before regular on sales. They have to do the 10club sales next week to accomplish this.
    When Ticketmaster announces the sale of tix for a show, how much time do you have before the sale?
    Its usually 2-4 days...most shows get announced mid week and tix go on sale for a vast majority on Saturdays.
    4 days is plenty to decide on a local show, for most it is a 30 second decision. The only issue might be for travellers...but the decision to go can be made and that leaves 2-3 months to work out travel arrangements.

how about giving us a straight official answer about whether or not there will be more shows later in the year. "all that have been planned at this time" is a bullshit answer. they know if more shows are in the works. planning for concerts of this size are planned well in advance. maybe things arent finalized, but even a vague "we are planning to announce additional dates in the upcoming weeks" would be something.
  • Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    culot4 wrote:
    Average ticket prices for today's ticket market? To me that is a very smart ass answer. For one thing its vague, the other problem is it gives off a kind of don't bother us tone. The money isn't the issue at all. It just lacks any professionalism. Details aren't available at this time would have been a better option.

a tone? i think you put that tone there yourself. yea its short, but it answered the question. move on and eat some fucking candy, it's easter.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 180
    Uh oh..this sounds like the prices went up more then usual...im thinking two tiks are going to be in the $180 range.
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:

Agreed. :)

& As far as all those saying, "If you can't afford it, you shouldn't be going." I think for more people it's the point more then the actual 20 bucks. But, if 20 bucks is the issue for some people, than that doesn't mean they shouldn't be going, it means they love the band that much that they wanna know how many pennies to scrape together. I remember a time When PJ didn't want "average prices for this market" for their fans. But obviously those days are long gone. Personally, I'm okay with paying the 80 bucks or whatever a ticket, well, cuz they are one of 2 bands that I love seeing more than anything, but I think it's
    a bit much...not for seeing the band itself, but for everything they used to stand for. :)
    "Oh, a flower you are to my land..."
  • Options
    Sloth2Sloth2 Posts: 277
    Well I don't know what it's like in the US, but I can tell you the price of living here has more than doubled in the last 8 years.....prolly more like 3-4 times dearer. Fuel, for one, has more than tripled and I would say the cost of fuel would be a major expense on a tour.

Tix for us in '06 were about $115 (each ticket) and I'd expect them to be more than that next time we're LUCKY enough to have PJ tour down here.

We'll all be so GRATEFUL for a PJ tour!!!!!!! :) Send them down here!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if bands will continue to charge stupid prices now that our $ is up at 0.94USD

In theory it should be more or less USA price with a travel surcharge on top....

But yeah quit whingeing. If I want to see PJ this year it will cost $3500

I'm almost crazy enough to do it

In theory....
    "I hope they feed you in jail" - Ed V to a stage intruder 18/02/2003 Melbourne.

High Above
    i'll break the law
    if it's illegal to be in love
    leave the hatred on the cross
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,359
    mensane wrote:
    how about giving us a straight official answer about whether or not there will be more shows later in the year. "all that have been planned at this time" is a bullshit answer. they know if more shows are in the works. planning for concerts of this size are planned well in advance. maybe things arent finalized, but even a vague "we are planning to announce additional dates in the upcoming weeks" would be something.
    What if these truly are the only shows?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    mensane wrote:
    how about giving us a straight official answer about whether or not there will be more shows later in the year. .

Seems straight enough. Nothing planned.
    Kat wrote:
    I'm sorry, there are no additional shows planned.
    Rubysdad wrote:
    But as of now, there are no other shows/tours planned for the remainder of the year.
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    how hard is it to actually get the tickets during the pre-sale ive never got tickets through the 10C pre-sale and im just curious
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    edited July 2012
    Post edited by Fahka on
  • Options
    NewJPage wrote:
    my complaint is that the response was "Average ticket prices for today’s ticket market ..."

hasn't pearl jam always been about having LOWER than average ticket prices?????

Can we at least stop all this talk like they've sold out their ethics?

you have kids and you realize you don't have anyhting for retirement.

they deserve to come out of this with a few bucks.

They're not young and this is not the 90s

get over it, move on.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,852

they deserve to come out of this with a few bucks.

I have no problem with their ticket prices for this tour, because contrary to what a lot are complaining about on here, their tix are still below average for a band of their stature, but don't act like they're destitute and have never made anything off a tour. they've got many of those "few bucks" saved up over the years. millions of em im sure.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    ZeiffZeiff Posts: 15
    The ticket cost question is valid. I think it is ridiculous how some blindly stick up for this band.
    Detroit ticket in 1998 $25.00
    Detroit ticket in 2000 $28.00
    Detroit ticket in 2003 $48.50
    Detroit ticket in 2006 $58.50

Gas in 1998 $1.22
    Gas in 2000 $1.52
    Gas in 2003 $1.75
    Gas in 2006 $3.04
    Using this data in SPSS I got a .890 correlation between the gas prices and tickets. Which is quite high.

What other factores seem to be involved in prices such as mean ticket prices industry wide? Any others? If we get enough factors we could run a regression.
  • Options
    here we are the night before tickets go on sale and still not a single price

real nice

and anyone who actually defends this nonsense with blind love for the band, well, eat a dick :)
  • Options
    I have no problem with their ticket prices for this tour, because contrary to what a lot are complaining about on here, their tix are still below average for a band of their stature, but don't act like they're destitute and have never made anything off a tour. they've got many of those "few bucks" saved up over the years. millions of em im sure.

ummmm....hello....you DON'T KNOW what the ticket prices are for this tour...that is the point of the thread. your post makes no sense.
  • Options

and anyone who actually defends this nonsense with blind love for the band, well, eat a dick :)

i just wish it were possible for some people to separate the ten club from the band in their minds
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    I miss the days when they announced the whole tour and had the prices next to it. Remember that? That list that you could stare at for days and pick your shows according to price.

Prices were about the fans, now it seems they're trying to compare prices with the other artist out there. I just hope they don't look at Bon Jovi for advice. I saw $129.50 before fees for floor and part of lower level in Denver. What are bands really fucking thinking? It makes me angry to think that scalpers sell them for even more. AH!
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    In2Deep wrote:
    I miss the days when they announced the whole tour and had the prices next to it. Remember that? That list that you could stare at for days and pick your shows according to price.

Prices were about the fans, now it seems they're trying to compare prices with the other artist out there. I just hope they don't look at Bon Jovi for advice. I saw $129.50 before fees for floor and part of lower level in Denver. What are bands really fucking thinking? It makes me angry to think that scalpers sell them for even more. AH!

those were the days...

that and when they actually came and the midwest and south were part of a tour
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,852
    mensane wrote:
    ummmm....hello....you DON'T KNOW what the ticket prices are for this tour...that is the point of the thread. your post makes no sense.

you're right. i wasn't addressing this thread though. i was addressing an individual point that he made, so your post makes no sense.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    Yes, people...you're finally realizing that this band and their fan club are shitting on you! Express your displeasure by keeping your wallet in your pocket! Rows of empty seats up front will speak volumes...especially in New York, Hartford and Mansfield!

It's time to make a stand! Boy-cott! Boy-cott!
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    redrock wrote:
    Seems straight enough. Nothing planned.

Hey, just curious which threads you got those from. Thanks.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options

ever seen an episode of "behind the music"?

they pay their crew, expenses, lawyers, management and then split the rest five ways. I don't know what their personal finanial picture is and neither do you.

They're almost 50 years old. I think everyone gets to a certain age and thinks, "I worked all those years, I should have more than that"!

The (shitty) Eagles broke the ticket price barrier with 75.00 tix in 1994.

pearl jam is hardly making a money grab 14 years later equaling that.
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    Yes, people...you're finally realizing that this band and their fan club are shitting on you! Express your displeasure by keeping your wallet in your pocket! Rows of empty seats up front will speak volumes...especially in New York, Hartford and Mansfield!

It's time to make a stand! Boy-cott! Boy-cott!

hmmmm, you have to wonder if this guy is up to something.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,383
    hmmmm, you have to wonder if this guy is up to something.

Noooooooooooo. Can't a man be a consumer advocate without having his motives questioned?