On-line dating? I give up!

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Lauri wrote:
    Well, it really wasn't that easy to call to mind. I basically challenged myself to do so because I've been drifting along not knowing what I "want" and still trying to meet people online, which doesn't work very well. I've definitely gone out with some guys from okc that I haven't been excited about, but thought, "you never know." Unfortunately, they all turned out worse than expected! I honestly get a lot of views, but not a lot of emails. I think a lot of the guys are just lazy. And, there's the whole thing about not being in the right age ranges. The younger guys seem to think I'm too old, and I'm just not into 50 year-olds. And there's what I mentioned before- a lot of guys write me and ask for immediate sex. I am no prude, whatsoever. BUT that does not appeal to me. If a guy can't invest in making plans ahead of time and just hoping for the best, well I'm sorry, I don't have means to invest either. Some of the dates I've been on I've been really excited about and then met the guys and immediate knew there was nothing there.

The good news is I just signed a lease with a roommate who meets guys left and right and never seems to date any of them. Maybe I'll meet some offline through osmosis! I've basically been single for 2 years, which is FINE, trust me. But meeting people is exciting, so whether online or off, it would be nice to do so!

fair enough. good luck with the roommate plan then!
  • PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Whizbang wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    I was just asked out by a 21 year old. I'm 40. And it wasn't an online thing. I met him standing in line at THEM CROOKED VULTURES show in LA last week. The last 10 or so dates I've had have all been people i met ONLINE.

well, he's old enough to get into a bar with his own ID, right? that is my minimum age requirement....though the fact I'd be old enough to be his mom is a bit weird. ;)

exactly. I've discussed this with a couple of my friends and they've said the exact same thing. He says he's discussed it with a couple of his friends and they came up with that it's socially acceptable.....THE GRADUATE and COUGARTOWN..........lol. He is quite intelligent, which holds a lot of points. I dunno tho........21 is 21...........oh, he just informed me that he'll be 22 in 2 weeks.
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    PJPixie wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:
    I was just asked out by a 21 year old. I'm 40. And it wasn't an online thing. I met him standing in line at THEM CROOKED VULTURES show in LA last week. The last 10 or so dates I've had have all been people i met ONLINE.

well, he's old enough to get into a bar with his own ID, right? that is my minimum age requirement....though the fact I'd be old enough to be his mom is a bit weird. ;)

exactly. I've discussed this with a couple of my friends and they've said the exact same thing. He says he's discussed it with a couple of his friends and they came up with that it's socially acceptable.....THE GRADUATE and COUGARTOWN..........lol. He is quite intelligent, which holds a lot of points. I dunno tho........21 is 21...........oh, he just informed me that he'll be 22 in 2 weeks.

I'm going on 32 and I'll date guys who are 26, maybe even 25. But I think younger than that is a little much for me. It's all up to the individual, I wouldn't deem it "unacceptable," but I just think a 21 or 22 year old is just going to be a LOT different than me in a LOT of ways. On the flip side, I don't want to go much older either. I'm too young to date a guy who could theoretically be a grandpa.
  • PJPixie wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    he wants to go out with you.
    don't think about the math too much.
    just go and have fun!
    will you end up marrying the guy?
    probably not.
    but hell... a whole LOTTA FUN stuff can go down.
    enjoy.

i think that's what i want for my next birthday.
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    just go and have fun!
    probably not.
    enjoy.

Go for it! I highly recommend it ;):mrgreen:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"

• damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    just go and have fun!
    probably not.
    enjoy.

hubby won't mind...;)
    :D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    just go and have fun!
    probably not.
    enjoy.

hubby won't mind...;)
    I DO NOT EVER want to date a women who is 19 years older than me.....

Because as of now.....I am not into 63 year olds......hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I DO NOT EVER want to date a women who is 19 years older than me.....

Because as of now.....I am not into 63 year olds......hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

who said date? ;)
    i said FUN.
    take that for what you will...
    and hello, i am talking my birthday NEXT year. believe it or not, i won't be 63 next year.
    also, believe it or not...i too get hit on by 20-somethings. and no, they're not blind. :mrgreen:
    :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    cougars!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • norm wrote:

you DO realize norm, in the scheme of things...you too are a cougar. ;)
    i hate that term btw.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• who said date? ;)
    i said FUN.
    and hello, i am talking my birthday NEXT year. believe it or not, i won't be 63 next year.
    also, believe it or not...i too get hit on by 20-somethings. and no, they're not blind. :mrgreen:
    Ok...

You lost me.....But thats ok....

Because I am pretty sure you didnt quite get what I was saying......

I was just pointing out the 19 year difference.......21-40

And i dont give a rats ass if 20 year olds hit on you.....hehehehehehehe
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

i hate that term btw.

yeah but 20 year olds ain't hitting on me...hell neither are 40 year olds! ;) :P :lol: :wave:
  • Norm is a cougar?????

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Oh fuck...

I am certainly gonna have fun with that one....

hehehehehehehehehehe
  • norm wrote:

i hate that term btw.
    Ugh! My mom called me a cougar this weekend :oops: :o But it's ok because apparently she is a cougar too :? :shock: :cry::lol:

• who said date? ;)
    i said FUN.
    Ok...

You lost me.....But thats ok....

Because I am pretty sure you didnt quite get what I was saying......

I was just pointing out the 19 year difference.......21-40

And i dont give a rats ass if 20 year olds hit on you.....hehehehehehehe

well, if you can't figure it out...i'm not gonna spell it out for ya. it is an all-ages forum and all that.

and...
    i know....
    and i know.

and norm - i call bullshit!

norm wrote:

i hate that term btw.
    Ugh! My mom called me a cougar this weekend :oops: :o But it's ok because apparently she is a cougar too :? :shock: :cry::lol:

like mother, like daughter, eh?
    both like em young. ;)
    nutthin' wrong with that.
    i already made my lifelong pick, so have to just keep him young-at-heart...but hey, playmates, well....... :lol:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• like mother, like daughter, eh?
    both like em young. ;)
    nutthin' wrong with that.
    i already made my lifelong pick, so have to just keep him young-at-heart...but hey, playmates, well....... :lol:
    :o :shock: who knew? although I thought cougars dated/had sex with lots of young guys...not marry the first one they stumbled across :P
    ahhh yeah...playmates :mrgreen:

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    PJPixie wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    just go and have fun!
    probably not.
    enjoy.

my thought as well. At 21, he isn't looking to get married and well....I ain't either! PJPixie...does this young man have any friends??? I've got a birthday coming up in February..... 8-)
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,977
    edited November 2009
    Whizbang wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

damn girl.
    you are 40. he is 21.
    just go and have fun!
    probably not.
    enjoy.

my thought as well. At 21, he isn't looking to get married and well....I ain't either! PJPixie...does this young man have any friends??? I've got a birthday coming up in February..... 8-)

seriously.
    have fun.
    get laid.
    have more fun.
    get laid.
    repeat as often as you like.
    if goes further than that...then maybe think more about it.
    if not.
    enjoy it and move on later.

i think we all should get that on our birthdays.
    8-)

*corrected!
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

seriously.
    have fun.
    get laid.
    have more fun.
    get aid.
    if not.

8-)

I've got a big birthday coming in February (as much as my mom hates to admit her baby will be 40!) so awwwww yeah....I'm down with getting together!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• Whizbang wrote:

seriously.
    have fun.
    get laid.
    have more fun.
    get aid.
    if not.

8-)

I've got a big birthday coming in February (as much as my mom hates to admit her baby will be 40!) so awwwww yeah....I'm down with getting together!

well if i find any good 21 year olds...i'll send em your way, a birthday present. well, he might get slightly used first, but you don't mind, right? ;) i just turned 41. :shock: :lol::mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

well if i find any good 21 year olds...i'll send em your way, a birthday present. well, he might get slightly used first, but you don't mind, right? ;) i just turned 41. :shock: :lol::mrgreen:

not at all, not at all.....it'd be good for the dear lad. ;)

• PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Whizbang wrote:

You guys freaking rule!! I'm glad you're embracing this with me!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
    Whizbang wrote:

now you guys are making ME feel too old!
    Whizbang wrote:

So Whizbang and PJPixie et al who are pro 21 year old...I have to ask...and I'll try to keep it PG...but in my experience, guys that young are...well...they need a lot of instruction. I can see the appealing nature of it...but in practice...is it really that enjoyable?
  • Whizbang wrote:

now you guys are making ME feel too old!

hahahahahaha!
    i'm sure you'd be fine too. ;)
    just telling pix not to miss out on the opportunity for some fun.
    will it be a long-term thing? probably not. but who knows?
    so if there is any attraction there, life is short, she is single...so why not enjoy?
    i DO understand how pixie feels/thinks tho. we have interns and some fresh out of college associates...and yes...they look YOUNG. they ARE young. it IS a big difference. however, it doesn't HAVE to be either, if both want to give it a shot. and, it all depends on what you're looking for, right?

hell conor, you (used to anyway) had a prediliction to skewing younger - a lot of men do - but given your age, make em so much younger....you'd make even women your own age feel old. ;) payback's a bitch. :lol:

PJPixie wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

You guys freaking rule!! I'm glad you're embracing this with me!!

is that an invitation?
    ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Lauri wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

So Whizbang and PJPixie et al who are pro 21 year old...I have to ask...and I'll try to keep it PG...but in my experience, guys that young are...well...they need a lot of instruction. I can see the appealing nature of it...but in practice...is it really that enjoyable?
    Yes :)

Lauri wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

really? hmm. maybe I should have taken up some offers I've gotten on okc. :). I think it's definitely really flattering and fun to think about, I just foresee certain problems as a practical matter. Not saying PJPIxie should feel the same.
  • Lauri wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

i think zoso should be insulted. :|
    i would've imagined a.....

YES.

i mean, you did marry him afterall.....;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    edited November 2009
    age is just a number!
    Post edited by polaris_x on
    Lauri wrote:
    really? hmm. maybe I should have taken up some offers I've gotten on okc. :). I think it's definitely really flattering and fun to think about, I just foresee certain problems as a practical matter. Not saying PJPIxie should feel the same.

jesus man, it's sex not a stock investment decision!