On-line dating? I give up!

Comments

• Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Ok, I know it's kinda mean spirited to do this, so one more profile and I'll stop....

This is the profile that I keep wanting to post here.... another hottie, who keeps changing her profile picture, so i keep thinking it’s a different person...I click on it, then I see this total fucking trainwreck…I have to read it every time… the irony and contradictions are hilarious:
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I'm not" - (Kurt Cobain)
    Don't Hate cuz u in the sh*tlist at the bottom...Can't a woman know what she wants?, without anyone being offended by it...to each their own mang...we all got our problems...if I don't message back it's cuz i read sumthin I saw as a problem or i jus plain wasn't attracted...
    Single girl looking for friendship, may b more. I am an independent, strong willed, charming, humble, huggable, and loveable woman. Very old fashioned in my believes and a bit on the eccentric side. I believe in old skool court ship and respect. I'm young but wise, pretty much born before my time. I have interest in odd things such as: the unexplained, the unsolved, zodiacs, ghosts, and yes even aliens. I have a wild imagination, and a deep rooted intuition. I can be pretty funny and laid back, but can be a B.I.T.C.H if provoked. I stand up for who I am ...lets face it..if I don't, then who the heck will??...!! Very spiritual and believe in the Higher power. I love kids, animals, almost anything with a heartbeat, (men included lol ...)...yah.
    I'm a total girly girl and love taking care of myself. I love to dress good, smell good..and d*mn it look good!!...but at the same time I can totally be down with anything a guy likes to do. Hunting, fishing, dirt biking...anything manly. Not afraid to get dirty and not afraid to put on a dress.
    I'm in school full time and love it. I have many goals set out for my life and am determined to achieve each one of them. Nothing or no one will stand in my way..I'm here to rise to the top and I will succeed.
    By the way, I don't like to be bossed around and told what's what, I'm nobodies puppet!!!
    Been getting a lot of stupid a.s.s. responses because of my profile...I don't know, maybe u men like to have phony, fake, s.l.u.t.s that you can jump into bed with...I'm not on here to f.u.c.k around with yall, so, if u don't like the content, sux to be u, keep ur opinions to urself please!! Quit wasting my time, I don't owe you!
    Well, if I haven't lost you by now, I'm on here basically to observe and see if "THE ONE" could be here. Don't want to grow old by myself. Looking for a man with some substance and believes in himself. Someone who can protect me. I like having my own check book; I don't mind holding my own.
    Also, looking for someone who will make me and not break me. By this I mean someone who wants to see me rise to the top and not selfishly bring me down for their own reason, whatever that may be. Respect is earned and NEVER MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS!!
    Total Turn-Offs:
    Cheaters
    Not into head games (I guarantee..I can play better and harder, after all, I did learn from the best!!)
    Perverts,
    Drug abusers,
    Alcoholics,
    Hard core partiers,
    Married men,
    Couples,
    Lesbians,
    fake people
    Prideful individuals
    Judgmental F.U.C.K.S...(who figure they have the right to wag their tongues about nothing they know about)
    And cheap men..who cry about a dollar!!..money's called the "root of all evil" for a reason!!!

Off the top of my head:
    I'm just me; that's all I need to be
    Jesus is my shadow...
    He holds me up at my weakest,
    Loves me when I'm wrong,
    And keeps me strong.
    My sons are my life, the reason I'm here
    So, I ain't got nothin' to fear.
    For those who judge me,
    U can't replace me!
    Try if you choose,
    I got nothin' to lose,
    You FOOLS!!
    So, wag ur tongues,
    Say what you will,
    I'll swallow that bitter pill.
    And as you choke on your words...I promise I won't laugh;
    I will feel sorry...for the judgment you passed.
    Shame Shame..on you for talking trash...!!
    God is with me..and always protects me.
    Ur words are BUNK and set me free,
    To be me,
    And you will see,
    That I'm the key,
    to my own destiny!!
    I'm the real deal..for real!!
    PEACE OUT;)
  • Ok, I know it's kinda mean spirited to do this, so one more profile and I'll stop....

This is the profile that I keep wanting to post here.... another hottie, who keeps changing her profile picture, so i keep thinking it’s a different person...I click on it, then I see this total fucking trainwreck…I have to read it every time… the irony and contradictions are hilarious:
    Don't Hate cuz u in the sh*tlist at the bottom...Can't a woman know what she wants?, without anyone being offended by it...to each their own mang...we all got our problems...if I don't message back it's cuz i read sumthin I saw as a problem or i jus plain wasn't attracted...
    Single girl looking for friendship, may b more. I am an independent, strong willed, charming, humble, huggable, and loveable woman. Very old fashioned in my believes and a bit on the eccentric side. I believe in old skool court ship and respect. I'm young but wise, pretty much born before my time. I have interest in odd things such as: the unexplained, the unsolved, zodiacs, ghosts, and yes even aliens. I have a wild imagination, and a deep rooted intuition. I can be pretty funny and laid back, but can be a B.I.T.C.H if provoked. I stand up for who I am ...lets face it..if I don't, then who the heck will??...!! Very spiritual and believe in the Higher power. I love kids, animals, almost anything with a heartbeat, (men included lol ...)...yah.
    I'm a total girly girl and love taking care of myself. I love to dress good, smell good..and d*mn it look good!!...but at the same time I can totally be down with anything a guy likes to do. Hunting, fishing, dirt biking...anything manly. Not afraid to get dirty and not afraid to put on a dress.
    I'm in school full time and love it. I have many goals set out for my life and am determined to achieve each one of them. Nothing or no one will stand in my way..I'm here to rise to the top and I will succeed.
    By the way, I don't like to be bossed around and told what's what, I'm nobodies puppet!!!
    Been getting a lot of stupid a.s.s. responses because of my profile...I don't know, maybe u men like to have phony, fake, s.l.u.t.s that you can jump into bed with...I'm not on here to f.u.c.k around with yall, so, if u don't like the content, sux to be u, keep ur opinions to urself please!! Quit wasting my time, I don't owe you!
    Well, if I haven't lost you by now, I'm on here basically to observe and see if "THE ONE" could be here. Don't want to grow old by myself. Looking for a man with some substance and believes in himself. Someone who can protect me. I like having my own check book; I don't mind holding my own.
    Also, looking for someone who will make me and not break me. By this I mean someone who wants to see me rise to the top and not selfishly bring me down for their own reason, whatever that may be. Respect is earned and NEVER MISTAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS!!
    Total Turn-Offs:
    Cheaters
    Not into head games (I guarantee..I can play better and harder, after all, I did learn from the best!!)
    Perverts,
    Drug abusers,
    Alcoholics,
    Hard core partiers,
    Married men,
    Couples,
    Lesbians,
    fake people
    Prideful individuals
    Judgmental F.U.C.K.S...(who figure they have the right to wag their tongues about nothing they know about)
    And cheap men..who cry about a dollar!!..money's called the "root of all evil" for a reason!!!

Off the top of my head:
    Jesus is my shadow...
    Loves me when I'm wrong,
    And keeps me strong.
    For those who judge me,
    U can't replace me!
    Try if you choose,
    I got nothin' to lose,
    You FOOLS!!
    So, wag ur tongues,
    Say what you will,
    To be me,
    And you will see,
    That I'm the key,
    to my own destiny!!
    PEACE OUT;)

OMG....reading shit like that.....

makes me even happier i am married.......and happy we met pre-internet dating. :lol:
    holy fuck.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I thought people only turned to online dating AFTER they gave up....
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,955
    know1 wrote:
    I thought people only turned to online dating AFTER they gave up....

:thumbup:
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    Hey locked... I was the first responder on this thread, and I told you to stick with it... and it seems it's working out for you! I'll happily take all undeserved credit for that - your welcome and good luck! 8-)

Though the girl I was dating at the time I posted that, when I was feeling optimistic... well it didn't work out... the 10 year age difference proved to be too much... we just didn't relate very well (she's 23, I'm 33). Now I know.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Total Turn-Offs:
    Cheaters
    Perverts,
    Drug abusers,
    Alcoholics,
    Hard core partiers,
    Married men,
    Couples,
    Lesbians,
    fake people
    Prideful individuals

Off the top of my head:
    Jesus is my shadow...
    Loves me when I'm wrong,
    And keeps me strong.
    For those who judge me,
    U can't replace me!
    Try if you choose,
    I got nothin' to lose,
    You FOOLS!!
    So, wag ur tongues,
    Say what you will,
    To be me,
    And you will see,
    That I'm the key,
    to my own destiny!!
    PEACE OUT;)

i think i'm in love :think:

crazy chicks are hot! ;)
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    norm wrote:
    i think i'm in love :think:

crazy chicks are hot! ;)

Go get 'er, norm!
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Ok, I know it's kinda mean spirited to do this, so one more profile and I'll stop....

Total Turn-Offs:
    Cheaters
    Perverts,
    Drug abusers,
    Alcoholics,
    Hard core partiers,
    Married men,
    Couples,
    Lesbians,
    fake people
    Prideful individuals

Off the top of my head:
    Jesus is my shadow...
    Loves me when I'm wrong,
    And keeps me strong.
    For those who judge me,
    U can't replace me!
    Try if you choose,
    I got nothin' to lose,
    You FOOLS!!
    So, wag ur tongues,
    Say what you will,
    To be me,
    And you will see,
    That I'm the key,
    to my own destiny!!
    PEACE OUT;)

mmmmmmmm she seems like a really clssy lass. A total cach......for the bogan patrol. :lol:
  • lockedlocked Posts: 4,038
    who hijjacked my thread!???

:shock:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    locked wrote:

Not me for once! :lol:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • a friend of mine just agreed to meet someone off of one, when he showed up he was a midget. His pics were all head shots and he didn't look like a midget and even his height was listed as 5' 5".... he had mentioned a few times in his profile that he was short... but stood halfway between her shoulder and elbow and she's 5' 2". Nothing against midgets but you'd think that would be something you'd mention before meeting... ??

I can't say I've had absolute success on the dating sites.... but it hasn't been a failure either. From time to time it's made me happy.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
    locked wrote:

pfft, if my posts weren't considered topical, I don't know what would be!
    (besides, I said it was the last time I'd do it...and no, I'm not starting a thread for that nonsense, it's out of my system ;) )

so, um...back to your thread...
    did you meet her on a dating site, or here?
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Total Turn-Offs:
    Cheaters
    Perverts,
    Drug abusers,
    Alcoholics,
    Hard core partiers,
    Married men,
    Couples,
    Lesbians,
    fake people
    Prideful individuals

Off the top of my head:
    Jesus is my shadow...
    Loves me when I'm wrong,
    And keeps me strong.
    For those who judge me,
    U can't replace me!
    Try if you choose,
    I got nothin' to lose,
    You FOOLS!!
    So, wag ur tongues,
    Say what you will,
    To be me,
    And you will see,
    That I'm the key,
    to my own destiny!!
    PEACE OUT;)
    [/quote]

OMG....reading shit like that.....

makes me even happier i am married.......and happy we met pre-internet dating. :lol:
    holy fuck.[/quote]

frightening, eh?
    my favorite are the men looking for their Queen as they see themselves as Sir Lancelot. <gag>
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    locked wrote:

(besides, I said it was the last time I'd do it...and no, I'm not starting a thread for that nonsense, it's out of my system ;) )

on this board!

SHE approached me!

( I find that so sexy!)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    i'm considering joining plentyoffish or okcupid...........

I am a young guy, tall/decent looking (I think), educated, overall pretty nice........problem is, i live in a pretty small town (roughly 100,000) and i just have the feeling that everyone will know I am on there. Not to say that it is embarassing, but I guess I still carry the preconceived stereotypes of online dating.

Im shy and have trouble meeting girls at bars, parties, etc.....nothing seems to be working at this point...not sure what to do.
    locked wrote:
    locked wrote:

on this board!

SHE approached me!

( I find that so sexy!)
    nice! in Boston? You Easterners have it made...
    well c'mon woman, out yourself!
    :lol:

upside down - c'mon what's the worst that can happen? You get teased by your friends a bit and have a bad date or two...big deal. the minute the site gets you laid, your friends will join too. I'm a bit shy with strangers, bad at small talk, not comfortable in bars...being able to choose your words and get past the initial jitters before a 'date' is a big help for us socially awkward types. ;)
  • mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    UpSideDown wrote:

I am a young guy, tall/decent looking (I think), educated, overall pretty nice........problem is, i live in a pretty small town (roughly 100,000) and i just have the feeling that everyone will know I am on there. Not to say that it is embarassing, but I guess I still carry the preconceived stereotypes of online dating.

Im shy and have trouble meeting girls at bars, parties, etc.....nothing seems to be working at this point...not sure what to do.

I always thought it was weird/ pathetic to get on a site like that. Then, December before last, a gay friend of mine was talking about meeting guys on a site. I told him what I thought and he informed me that many of his hot girlfriends use it too. Ok, put that in the back of my mind... Weeks later my ex-cunt breaks my heart, blah blah blah, I date a super hot girl (but not mentally stable) who informs me she's used it before - Hmmmmm. So I move to Oregon, don't know anybody, and get on PLENTOFFISH, just for the hell of it. And its a good thing, plenty of hook-ups from it. I deleted it once I met a girl (not on POF) that I knew I could continue to date more seriously. I'm single now, and know people, so I won't get on it again, but...

I say try Plenty of Fish, nothing wrong with it.
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    you may be able to find a date in this thread
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=122460
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    locked wrote:
    its been three years and I am still single..

The woman I meet all seem to have the following:
    - Constantly talk about nothing but themsleves.
    - Expect to be provided for (money, gifts, travel) in their entirety.
    - Have a secret wish to have a child despite denying so on profile
    - Have an overblown opinion of their own attractiveness level.
    - Have an overblown idea of what man they want/ think they can date (Brad Pitt / George clooney cross over)
    - Have a very little sense of humor..

and finally.... Do not give a damn about Pearl Jam or hard rock music in general...

I posted it before...

I NEED A PJ GIRL!!!!! PLEASE GOD!?
    I was just browsing and noticed your sig. :thumbup: Excellent!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748

upside down - c'mon what's the worst that can happen? You get teased by your friends a bit and have a bad date or two...big deal. the minute the site gets you laid, your friends will join too. I'm a bit shy with strangers, bad at small talk, not comfortable in bars...being able to choose your words and get past the initial jitters before a 'date' is a big help for us socially awkward types. ;)

I find it funny that people still think it's lame to use online dating sites...my friends and I have been using them since 2004. I don't know how it's possible to meet people these days without them. If I had my choice I would meet men more organically, but I've never seen a situation where THAT'S possible.

I haven't had much luck a really long time, but that's not online dating, that's the supply of single men. Plus then you've got the hold outs who still think it's lame...how am I supposed to know you're out there if you don't advertise?
  • MDMMDM Posts: 64
    I am so so sick of online dating too... And I haven't even been trying for long, but it's just that people online are so freaking awkward! It doesn't feel natural at all! Ugh... After a failed 7 year relationship and 3 years being single (because I chose to be) I feel completely lost, but as Lauri said, if not online, where? And don't even get me started in guys' musical tastes... Ooooh, what to say, what to say...

PS. Someone mentioned it should be fun to do the online thing in NY? Believe me, lots of CRAZY people here. Many people, sure, but... uffffff...
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    MDM wrote:
    I am so so sick of online dating too... And I haven't even been trying for long, but it's just that people online are so freaking awkward! It doesn't feel natural at all! Ugh... After a failed 7 year relationship and 3 years being single (because I chose to be) I feel completely lost, but as Lauri said, if not online, where? And don't even get me started in guys' musical tastes... Ooooh, what to say, what to say...

PS. Someone mentioned it should be fun to do the online thing in NY? Believe me, lots of CRAZY people here. Many people, sure, but... uffffff...

New York......plenty of opportunities.......and plenty of crazies!

Why is it so hard to meet a decent person in a normal manner anymore....I dont get it. I blame facebook, cell phones and twitter.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    UpSideDown wrote:
    MDM wrote:

New York......plenty of opportunities.......and plenty of crazies!

Why is it so hard to meet a decent person in a normal manner anymore....I dont get it. I blame facebook, cell phones and twitter.

Yeah I think technology has definitely had something do with it, but for me I think the big factor is that I do nightshift and that makes socialising that bit harder. And all of my friends are married, so when we do go out I feel like the odd one out sometimes. But oh well, shit happens and surely someone will come along some day. Until then I will just keep concentrating on my son and getting my business going to a decent level so that I can drop my other job and resume a normal life of a non-nocturnal person! :lol:
  • LauriLauri Posts: 748
    UpSideDown wrote:

How exactly would it be easier to meet people to date if there weren't cell phones, facebook, and twitter? I've been dating since long before any of those existed, and it wasn't any easier to find and meet single men.

Seinfeld was on TV before all of these existed, and in one episode jerry said, "first it was the supermarket, then the health club, now the bookstore. They can put it anywhere they want, no one's meeting anybody."
    Lauri wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

How exactly would it be easier to meet people to date if there weren't cell phones, facebook, and twitter? I've been dating since long before any of those existed, and it wasn't any easier to find and meet single men.

Seinfeld was on TV before all of these existed, and in one episode jerry said, "first it was the supermarket, then the health club, now the bookstore. They can put it anywhere they want, no one's meeting anybody."

LMAO!

uh... still no luck for me either!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
    What? Hadn't you met someone on this board? Sorry, probably none of my business. :lol:
    Man…has anyone else had any difficulty with getting to know multiple people on these sites – keeping names and facts straight? I’ve screwed up twice in the last month – once with confusing facts between two women….and once, about a month ago; I called a woman the wrong name…but what happened this weekend takes the cake.
    There is a very fucking STUPID quirk in the Blackberry Bold 9700. If you are in your SMS messages, and press the middle mouse-button thingy repeatedly…this is what happens:
    Click 1 – opens whichever conversation is highlighted
    Click 2 – opens a menu, with the option “paste” highlighted
    Click 3 – pastes whatever is on your clipboard to that SMS thread
    Click 4 – opens a menu, with the option “send” highlighted
    Click 5 – sends whatever was on your clipboard to whichever recipient was highlighted in Click 1.

So….I let my 4 yr old play with my phone to take some pictures yesterday…5 clicks later, he hands it back to me…and a flirty message I had sent to a woman on a dating site last week (not sure why I had it on my clipboard), was in the process of sending….to a different woman, whom I had a great first date with last thursday. :o
    She laughed it off…but damn…I feel like such a knob!
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    UpSideDown wrote:

A small town of 100,000?

Shoot, I guess that makes where I live (about 22,000) officially Podunk.

All in good fun :D
  • Flutter GirlFlutter Girl Posts: 548
    I filled out the personality form for eHarmony
    It said "This doesn't happen often, but we were unable to find a match for you"
    :?
    I filled out the personality form for eHarmony
    It said "This doesn't happen often, but we were unable to find a match for you"
    :?

Hahahaha, I have the feeling that would be exactly the message I'd get. Not even going to try! :mrgreen: