Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    is that backspacer on the field? will keep my ears open, haven't heard anything yet...
    what a lucky kid!
    tcarr11 wrote:
    either of you going to any australian shows? i'll be at perth :mrgreen:

I'll be at Perth :) 10c section - looking for an extra if you hear of anything - for my 11 year old stepson .
    LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Options
    A good show that turned into an epic show with two songs last night. Hunger Strike and Alive were just out of this world. It was almost too much to comprehend. Looking up halfway through 'Alive' and thinking, "holy shit, is that Jerry Cantrell?!" Fucking incredible. That's the beauty of seeing a show in LA. Anyone could show up at anytime.

Up until Hunger Strike I thought the show was really good, but not quite up to Pearl Jam standards. Ed was obviously in a bad mood up until the second encore, he got a little impatient with the sound guys before 'The End'. Highlights for me were Given To Fly, Save You, Unthought Known, and then of course the last two.

Overall a show that will go down as one of the most historic in the bands career with the edition of Chris and Jerry. Tonight should be a blast. Can't wait.
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259
    Just wanted to second the thanks to the club for adding the limit on the exclusive t-shirt! I was at night 2 at 6:15 and they were down to a couple of smalls.

What a great club this is to really respect fan's requests that way!

Have to agree with most of the comments - a lot of repeats from night 2, but to hear Hunger Strike -- just incredible. I did think the audience bailed awfully fast after the bow though. I would have liked to see a bit more of an attempt to get them back out - at least for another bow!

Doubt tonight will top it, but I'm going to love every minute anyway. And then SD on Friday.
    Wish this week would never end.
  • Options
    It's true, I saw this also.

why, why, Paul Andrews....WHY would you lie to me like this???? :(

There was a shoulder-mounted professional camera Stone's side of the stage most of the night.

http://pauljam.com/images/stories/blog- ... 04-017.jpg

I don't think it is in this photo, but was just behind those foldback/stage mix speakers. I'm checking my other pics/videos to see if I captured it.
    Summerfest 95 | Alpine Valley 98 | Devore 2000 | Irvine 03 | LA WHO Tribute 08 | LA 09 3,4
    10C since 1996 was #197XXX
    Invited to MKE 1991 and turned it down. DAMMIT. Heard Ten a few weeks later. Kicked self.
    Was in town for Torino, IT 2006 but got on the wrong bus. DAMMIT!
  • Options
    erik_1099 wrote:
    It's true, I saw this also.

why, why, Paul Andrews....WHY would you lie to me like this???? :(

There was a shoulder-mounted professional camera Stone's side of the stage most of the night.

http://pauljam.com/images/stories/blog- ... 04-017.jpg

I don't think it is in this photo, but was just behind those foldback/stage mix speakers. I'm checking my other pics/videos to see if I captured it.

Same. You probably could only see it if you were way around on Mike's side. Which i was.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    For my first full PJ show in 6 years I am thrilled for it to turn out like this. After Footsteps, noticing Mike's Soundgarden T-shirt, I turned to Paul and said, "it would have been cool for Chris Cornell to come out and sing Times of Trouble" and then what do we get!!

Great show, nice seats from the 10C, for number 197XXX I was in Orchestra 5th row.

I was a little bummed to see a chick with a laminate in front of us who was sitting down texting quite a lot, not paying attention to the show. How do these people get laminates? (and she wasn't relaying either LOL).
    Summerfest 95 | Alpine Valley 98 | Devore 2000 | Irvine 03 | LA WHO Tribute 08 | LA 09 3,4
    10C since 1996 was #197XXX
    Invited to MKE 1991 and turned it down. DAMMIT. Heard Ten a few weeks later. Kicked self.
    Was in town for Torino, IT 2006 but got on the wrong bus. DAMMIT!
  • Options
    After Orch 7 Row CC at LA1 and then Orch 7 Row EE at LA2, I was at the pedestrian Loge 21, Row D last night and there were two things (beyond the amazing performance) that will stand out about the Chris Cornell moment:

1) A collective scream and shout when Eddie announced Chris' name, that was so deafening it almost seemed to create absolute silence--like being in crashing surf and diving under the water into the eerie quiet...only Mother Nature (the crowd) is losing their shit al around you. It's the only way I can describe it. The collective shock and shout felt ethereal. Out. Of. Body.

2) My perspective of the stage during the Hunger Strike performance was dotted with HUNDREDS of digital camera/cell phone screens as what seemed like everyone took pictures for 3.5 minutes.

Looks like I'm getting shut out tonight--clearly all of LA is realizing there's been something special going on at these shows and face value tixs are seemingly impossible to come by...I guess 3 out of 4 ain't bad (although i am experiencing a sense of loss as today creeps by with no tickets materializing)...I'm glad I still have SD--but going from a tiny venue to a football stadium is gonna be a difficult adjustment.

I hope they save Speed of Sound for SD--it needs to be played live. And heard by me. And me alone! :D
  • Options
    halszka123halszka123 Posts: 1,109
    u r lucky guys.

PJ, Cantrell ad Cornell in one place and one time And B. Harper.

it would be the show of my life
    Not 10c member? Have sth to say? write to me - I'll put it on the forum
    halszka123@op.pl
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    1Vedhead wrote:
    What an amazing show indeed.. Chris Cornell and Hunger Strike!!
    And, I got a tambourine!
    I was sitting at the very back of the orchestra section on the right, and decided to just go for it and head down that side aisle and it worked! I think it helped that I was "incoming" from the back... thanks to Eddie for making the effort to hand it off..What an amazing experience it was to get to take it from him.
    If there's any chance that anyone here has any photos of the tambourine moments of last night, I would absolutely DIE to see them.

Thank you! and Thanks to PJ for another Fantastic night!

I saw you get that and was thinking how lucky you were - congratulations. The person who got the harmonica must be on top of the world right now - Eddie made a special point to get it to the person he wanted.

Fingers crossed I get some kind ofa chance at a plectrum or set list or anything memorable tonight to take home with me (on top of the incredible memories, pics and vids).

I'm so glad I made this trip. Pearl Jam rocking in the USA is a memory I will take to my grave. Along with the birth of my daughter, the pairing my me and my fiance, this has gotta go down as one of the greatest moments in my life.

Very cool...your post has such good vibes....glad you had a good trip to L.A. !!
  • Options
    WOW... so fuckin jealous

i hope they had a serious chat with chris at some point during the night about getting his life back on track

solid setlists... shouldve made the trip out to LA :x
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    well said...he needs a good talking too...
    WOW... so fuckin jealous

i hope they had a serious chat with chris at some point during the night about getting his life back on track

LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,720
    Holy shit. This set is ridiculous. The guys are just playing awesome, awesome sets this tour.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    erik_1099 wrote:
    For my first full PJ show in 6 years I am thrilled for it to turn out like this. After Footsteps, noticing Mike's Soundgarden T-shirt, I turned to Paul and said, "it would have been cool for Chris Cornell to come out and sing Times of Trouble" and then what do we get!!

Great show, nice seats from the 10C, for number 197XXX I was in Orchestra 5th row.

I was a little bummed to see a chick with a laminate in front of us who was sitting down texting quite a lot, not paying attention to the show. How do these people get laminates? (and she wasn't relaying either LOL).

Thank you Erik for swapping our spare 10C tickets and maing it possible for me to be at this show. Hopefully tonight will be just as good and my spare 10C ticket will provide you with just as memorable gig.

This is also what I love about Pearl Jam, the generosity and nature of the fans.

This is one of the highlights of a memorable life.
  • Options
    tcarr11 wrote:
    well said...he needs a good talking too...
    WOW... so fuckin jealous

in any case, its nice to see the "grunge" "family" staying so close... they all seem to have come to terms with what that whole "era" meant... i cant decide whether that sounds cheesy or not... i dont think it is

• Options
    1) A collective scream and shout when Eddie announced Chris' name, that was so deafening it almost seemed to create absolute silence--like being in crashing surf and diving under the water into the eerie quiet...only Mother Nature (the crowd) is losing their shit al around you. It's the only way I can describe it. The collective shock and shout felt ethereal. Out. Of. Body.

:thumbup: :clap:

This is what i'm talking about!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Since the other Soundgarden guys were there anybody else think there's a chance Soundgarden plays tonight?
  • Options
    Since the other Soundgarden guys were there anybody else think there's a chance Soundgarden plays tonight?

They were? I heard nothing about Kim or Ben...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    I'm glad I still have SD--but going from a tiny venue to a football stadium is gonna be a difficult adjustment.

Viejas Arena is far from a football stadium -- capacity is around 13,000, which, while certainly larger than Gibson, shouldn't be too much of a bummer.
    I'll see you on the other side ...
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    I heard that, too... from Johnny of AntiQuiet.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    ClipOnGirl wrote:
    I'm glad I still have SD--but going from a tiny venue to a football stadium is gonna be a difficult adjustment.

Viejas Arena is far from a football stadium -- capacity is around 13,000, which, while certainly larger than Gibson, shouldn't be too much of a bummer.

Here's something to take into account though...

The Gibson is 6,000 seats in about 160-170 degrees, so, double that for an arena show, and SD won't really be that much different
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,081
    That last scream from Chris almost makes me forgive him for his album Scream.
  • Options
    I am hoping for a Citizen Dick reunion tonight!

It would be cool if they show a video parodying the original movie scene with Matt Dillion, with a "Tonight We Rock The Gibson" theme!
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,819

The only football they might play at Viejas Arena is arena football.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    if that happens and im not there then i will end my life

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

It would be cool if they show a video parodying the original movie scene with Matt Dillion, with a "Tonight We Rock The Gibson" theme!

YES!!!!
    :lol::mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

YES!!!!

where are you sitting tonight?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

YES!!!!

loge 17

you?
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

YES!!!!

this is highly unikely though, huh? :mrgreen:

will be very interesting to see what they do tonight. I plan to be letdown and i think that is always the best plan to have.

too bad i have to see Pearl Jam again tonight :arrow:
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    It would be cool if they show a video parodying the original movie scene with Matt Dillion, with a "Tonight We Rock The Gibson" theme![/quote]

YES!!!!
    :lol::mrgreen:[/quote]

where are you sitting tonight?[/quote]

loge 17

you?[/quote]

Loge 14 Row A on the close aisle

Damn limit on 10C nights!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Loge 14 Row A on the close aisle

Damn limit on 10C nights!

yeah the limit sucked but since my one show was a lottery winner, i'm not gonna complain ;) :P :mrgreen: