Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Heleka7Heleka7 Posts: 66
    Jerry Cantrell doing Alive
    this is all i could find on youtube, don't know who submitted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPIx5IUcj4
  • Options
    Wow, the set lists this tour are just all over the place. Every night there seems to be something that makes it unique. And every night just seems to be more amazing than the last. By the time they come back to Europe next year and play 5 consecutive nights in the park outside my house they are gonna be perfect.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • Options
    gypsy wrote:
    CHRIS CORNELL. TEMPLE OF THE DOG REUNION. HUNGER STRIKE.

here's the video i took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7uyRyGI8U

Thank you so much for this. I seriously just started to cry watching this again.

If there is 1 thing, any 1 thing i would wish for ALL pearl jam fans, it's that they could have heard the crowd explosion when Eddie said Chris' name. I will never ever hear that again.

That place went absolutely fucking insane.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    What was the full Obama comment Ed made? I couldn't make out the end

Wasn't it about giving him the keys the the plane and now let's just let him fly it?
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695

we gave him the keys now lets let him fucking drive

or

we gave him the plane, lets let him fly it

something like that
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    The show was filmed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and this is funny....why?
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Heleka7 wrote:
    Jerry Cantrell doing Alive
    this is all i could find on youtube, don't know who submitted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjPIx5IUcj4

Thanks!
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    What an amazing show indeed.. Chris Cornell and Hunger Strike!!
    And, I got a tambourine!
    I was sitting at the very back of the orchestra section on the right, and decided to just go for it and head down that side aisle and it worked! I think it helped that I was "incoming" from the back... thanks to Eddie for making the effort to hand it off..What an amazing experience it was to get to take it from him.
    If there's any chance that anyone here has any photos of the tambourine moments of last night, I would absolutely DIE to see them.

Thank you! and Thanks to PJ for another Fantastic night!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    The show was filmed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

and this is funny....why?

because there was no cameras last night...but trust me i wish to hell there was :D
  • Options
    chalon wrote:
    Does anyone have a video of Alive? I'm curious what Jerry Cantrell sounded like on the solo.

I'm so sad I didn't make this show, but it sounded like it was awesome!

Don't have a video of it, but it was sweet. He took the solo to a sort of dark place, as you would expect with Cantrell, and it wailed.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    dharma69 wrote:
    This is my review:

3990780258_e3716c8a10.jpg

I love the look on Jeff's face. Even he cant believe it!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    wow, what a show to be at, huh? great setlist, great guests, I wish I could've been there. I love the Red Mosquito they're doing with Ben Harper too. Damn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-kw4Uq ... re=channel
  • Options
    1Vedhead wrote:
    What an amazing show indeed.. Chris Cornell and Hunger Strike!!
    And, I got a tambourine!
    I was sitting at the very back of the orchestra section on the right, and decided to just go for it and head down that side aisle and it worked! I think it helped that I was "incoming" from the back... thanks to Eddie for making the effort to hand it off..What an amazing experience it was to get to take it from him.
    If there's any chance that anyone here has any photos of the tambourine moments of last night, I would absolutely DIE to see them.

Thank you! and Thanks to PJ for another Fantastic night!

I saw you get that and was thinking how lucky you were - congratulations. The person who got the harmonica must be on top of the world right now - Eddie made a special point to get it to the person he wanted.

Fingers crossed I get some kind ofa chance at a plectrum or set list or anything memorable tonight to take home with me (on top of the incredible memories, pics and vids).

I'm so glad I made this trip. Pearl Jam rocking in the USA is a memory I will take to my grave. Along with the birth of my daughter, the pairing my me and my fiance, this has gotta go down as one of the greatest moments in my life.
  • Options
    gypsygypsy Posts: 8
    Thank you so much for this. I seriously just started to cry watching this again.

You're welcome. :) I almost didn't record it cause my camera stopped filming during Footsteps. I had to delete the other videos I took to make room for the last encore. Little did i know they were going to play something epic... Ahhhhhmazing!
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    Videos of the Chris and Jerry moments here:
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=128326
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Unbelievable. Sometimes, Faithfull, Breakerfall on the same night? Brilliant.

Hunger Strike w/ Chris Cornell? Transcendent.

Still on a rush this morning even with only 3 hours of sleep. I have no idea how they're going to top last night during the 4th show tonight.

Sat in Orch 9, row AA, all the way on Mike's side. Pulled it up on ticketmaster the night before and it ended up being, by far, the best seat I have ever had for PJ (despite the fact that I think I am now deaf in my left ear from being directly in front of the speakers). Front row staring right at "Mike Fucking McCready" doing his thing all night -- for a show that will go down in PJ history -- still can't believe my luck.

Caught three picks (two Backspacers and one McCready) and got to confirm what I already knew -- Mike is one bad mofo.

What an amazing night.

PS - THANK YOU 10C for limiting the Dodgers shirts to two per person. Goes to show it really does pay to not sit still when something pisses you off.

PPS - I think Ron Jeremy is stalking me. This is the third show at which I've sat within eyesight of him in the last few months (NIN being the other two).

PPPS - Thank you Enkidu for the Lakers shirt. :D
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Stones rules with the long hair. He jamz
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    Yeah...who sold me a ticket in the lame section?? Haha...I was just glad to be apart of an awesome night :D
    tcarr11 wrote:
    I still can't believe I was at this show!!!! That was FUCKING AMAZING!!!! I have never had the pleasure to see Hunger Strike...I am still shaking. Wow wow wow...what will tomorrow hold???

I am such a fan of the Yield album and all the tracks rocked tonight! And I've never heard Rearview rock so hard!!

I was in Lodge, but had LAME people around me...oh well at least I rocked it and can't wait for tomorrow!

Peace!

who sold you a ticket in such a lame section? ; )
    LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Options
    tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    either of you going to any australian shows? i'll be at perth :mrgreen:
    I just woke up (10ish) my head is still thumping and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed last night. Last weekend surfing with dolphins at Yallingup and then this week being sent through the stratosphere by Pearl Jam lin LA. Does it get any better? I'll find out tonight at LA4. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you can getting some good pics at Strauss, I was a little shy and didn't last night.

Come and find me buddy! I'll be in a 'Pearl Jam #10' Cubs jersey. I'll be at KS around 5. Would be great to catch another aussie!
    LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Options
    tcarr11 wrote:
    either of you going to any australian shows? i'll be at perth :mrgreen:
    I just woke up (10ish) my head is still thumping and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed last night. Last weekend surfing with dolphins at Yallingup and then this week being sent through the stratosphere by Pearl Jam lin LA. Does it get any better? I'll find out tonight at LA4. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you can getting some good pics at Strauss, I was a little shy and didn't last night.

Come and find me buddy! I'll be in a 'Pearl Jam #10' Cubs jersey. I'll be at KS around 5. Would be great to catch another aussie!

I'll be at Perth :) 10c section - looking for an extra if you hear of anything - for my 11 year old stepson .
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    The show was filmed.

there was no cameras last night...but trust me i wish to hell there was :D

why, why, Paul Andrews....WHY would you lie to me like this???? :(
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2009

why, why, Paul Andrews....WHY would you lie to me like this???? :(

There was a shoulder-mounted professional camera Stone's side of the stage most of the night.

http://pauljam.com/images/stories/blog- ... 04-017.jpg

I don't think it is in this photo, but was just behind those foldback/stage mix speakers. I'm checking my other pics/videos to see if I captured it.
    Post edited by Paul Andrews on
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Here is my dream gig...
    Pearl Jam w/Chris Cornell.
    Cornell comes out and does his stuff... except, this time, for his usual 'mini-Soundgarden' set, he reunites with Ben, Kim and Matt. A 'Soudgarden' set that includes the songs he normally does, closing out with 'Black Hole Sun'.
    Pearl Jam's main set followed is by a 'Temple of the Dog' reunion for the first encore. Last encore is a Pearl Jam set closing out with 'Rockin' in the Free World' with Kim as an extra pair of hands.
    You fill in the rest of the setlist.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Here is my dream gig...
    Pearl Jam w/Chris Cornell.
    Cornell comes out and does his stuff... except, this time, for his usual 'mini-Soundgarden' set, he reunites with Ben, Kim and Matt. A 'Soudgarden' set that includes the songs he normally does, closing out with 'Black Hole Sun'.
    Pearl Jam's main set followed is by a 'Temple of the Dog' reunion for the first encore. Last encore is a Pearl Jam set closing out with 'Rockin' in the Free World' with Kim as an extra pair of hands.
    You fill in the rest of the setlist.

OMG!! I Hope I have advance warning of that shit so I can do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING Possible to be at that show...cause that kinda show would ONLY happen on the west coast lol.

What a show last night. I am sooo jealous of you lucky buggers!!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options

I remember it pretty well cause it really stuck out to me.

He said, "We voted him in, gave him the keys to the plane now lets let him fucking fly it."

So interesting really to go see a PJ show and that's the one and only political comment.

What a great show. My tix are better for tonight. I can't wait to see what they bust out on their final night in town!
  • Options
    Oooooooh......

Yeah, I don't think words are going to be adequate here.

(I also attended last week's Thursday 01 Oct. show. You can read my review of that one, but don't bother: Thursday, the crowd was quiet and disconnected. It was eerie.)

Another poster said that Ed is a liar (in a 'good' way,) and I have to agree: Last night, Eddie said that Thursday's crowd had blown the roof off, and the venue not only let the band come back, but didn't even charge them for repairs! Such a crock of poo ! What Ed was doing was encouraging last night's fans to jump and scream and whoop and dance. I knew by the third song that this crowd had gotten it right. All night, people were happy: Laughing, smiling, fist-pumping. I was grinning like a loon. There was noise between the encores. People were happy to be there. When I left after last week's show, the solemn crowd marched like zombies down the hill to the exit. This time, people were cheering and talking excitedly. Random fans chatted with me as we walked to the subway.

I had a T'master seat. It's the furthest I've ever been from the stage (more than 30 rows.) But it was dead-centre in a small venue. I was directly in front of Eddie. I always bring my 'opera glasses' so that I can see facial expressions, the writing on the bands' tee shirts, the stickers on their guitars, etc. As a woman, the view of Ed through my binoculars was mighty fine! I wonder what straight men see in the frontman. Hmm...

If the show wasn't so uniquely magical, I would whinge about 15 of the 26 songs being played both nights. Faithfull was wonderful. I love Given to Fly, no matter how often I hear it. I was intrigued by Unemployable. I don't think I have heard the song anywhere, ever. This was the perfect introduction for me! The scripted first encore was even better the second time around. For the second encore, I was taken back to 1992. The year I fell deeply in love with the band. Footsteps was brilliant! It seemed that the guys had one song left in them, when what to my wondering eyes did appear- Soundgarden himself, Chris Cornell!!!!! He even looks like the '92 Cornell, with his hair getting long again. I have always dreamed of having PJ sing Hunger Strike. It's a nice dream. NOW MADE REAL! Others have described it as unbelievable. I believed it! I lived every second! It was 2009, and Temple Of The Dog performed Hunger Strike for us.

Period. The end.
    "May you live in interesting times."
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    hmm, i sat pretty far back for nights two and three and the crowd looked much more live night 2.

Couldn't tell night 1 because i was rocking in row 5 :D
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    sbheadsbhead Posts: 22
    I was in the mezzanine last night so I’m glad I’m not the only one that thought Jerry was Edgar Winter. I also tossed out the idea of it being Derek Trucks or one of the guys from Iron Maiden because of that name drop from night 1.

Just remembered I heard this come out a young ladies mouth walking out last night, “I wish he’d played more stuff from Into the Wild.”

Also picking up Backspacer temporary tattoos and stickers on the way out the door!!! Thanks guys!
    6/1/03 Shoreline, 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, 7/16/06 Bill Graham Civic
    8/28/09 Outsidelands Festival, 9/30/09 Gibson Amp, 10/1/09 Gibson Amp
    10/6/09 Gibson Amp, 10/7/09 Gibson Amp
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
    4/10/08 Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara
  • Options
    chidoone wrote:
    Any post of Hunger Strike ?

Cmon people you can make our days !!

Here's the Hunger Strike video I took using Flip HD. I sat at Orc 4 row FF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo5miR0dJY

I have more videos from LA3 in my account. It was an epic performance.
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    jaymeydad wrote:
    chidoone wrote:
    Any post of Hunger Strike ?

Cmon people you can make our days !!

Here's the Hunger Strike video I took using Flip HD. I sat at Orc 4 row FF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLo5miR0dJY

I have more videos from LA3 in my account. It was an epic performance.
    Dude. I think I was standing to your right. My friend's friend was down in the pit from 'sometimes' til 'Evenflow'. She got booted... which booted me back to the loge... where I booted two dudes standing in front of my seat.
    Great seats for a great gig, yeah?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!