Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Unbelievable show last night. I can't write anything that hasn't been said already. The crowd went insane when Chris came out. And he did nail it. And I was lucky enough to be at Santa Barbara 2003 when they performed it before. This blew it out of the water.

Breakerfall, Faithful, Off He Goes, Footsteps, Hunger Strike, and Save You? Great set.

Thanks to Peter for the fan club ticket last night. Really glad I didn't skip this show. I'd be on suicide watch this morning if I had...
    Irvine 92,Indio 93,San Fran 95,San Diego 95x2,San Diego 98,LA 98x2,San Diego 00,San Bern 00,Irvine 03,San Diego 03,Las Vegas 03,Santa Barbara 03,Vancouver 05,LA 06x2,Santa Barbara 06,Cincy 06,Leeds 06,Reading 06,Portland 09,LA 09x3,San Diego 09,NYC 10x2, PHX 13, SD 13, LAx2 13, Cincy 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Dana Point 21x2, Vegas 24
  • Options
    Any videos of Mike's Evenflow solo floating around?
  • Options
    bobhopebobhope Posts: 65
    what time did Ben come out, and end. i saw that the band came out at 8:45.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    glad I am reading this now... and not last night, I could be in a E.R. right now....
    Cornell and Cantrell... :o :shock: :o :shock:
    honestly what a TOUR!!! Thanks Pearl Jam for all!!! See you in San Diego!!! :mrgreen:
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Yeah, great great show!

good amount of repeats but i have a feeling tonights set will be pretty wild because of it.

The Cornell thing was amazing. The folks behind knew he was coming out before the show. I had a fun time with the "your full of sh#t" comments but they seemed to know their stuff. nice people but that took a lot of the shock away. maybe Chris' sister in law if i remember it right?

The Cantrell thing was bad ass. He was spot on. I wasn't watching Mike when the guitar handoff took place. I thought it was Edgar Winters at first and my buddy confirmed it was, in fact, Edgar Winters :( made for a good loaugh

Great night! let's close out this great run at the Gibson with a big bang tnight!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    The Cantrell thing was bad ass. He was spot on. I wasn't watching Mike when the guitar handoff took place. I thought it was Edgar Winters at first and my buddy confirmed it was, in fact, Edgar Winters :( made for a good loaugh

i had a guy's head obstruct my view of mike all night so i'd have to move to see him so i wasn't paying attention...the next thing i know, "jesus of copymat" was playing guitar!!!! and yeah, he is looking very edgar winter like :lol:

completely blown away!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    I still can't make words. Un-fucking-believable.
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:
    I still can't make words. Un-fucking-believable.

seriously...how can one describe what happened? :shock: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    last night the relayer said there was a Ramblings tag on Daughter but it's not listed here... anyone confirm?
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    So last nights show was my first ever and all I gotta say is WOW!
    To be completely honest there were songs I would have rather heard, but I was blown away at how awesome the show was. I really cannot say much more. I was blown away! can't wait until the next two nights!
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    sbheadsbhead Posts: 22
    edited October 2009
    I feel SO freaking ALIVE today! It’s a gorgeous day in Santa Barbara I’m awake and energetic and what? I only got two hours sleep last night! OMG!!!! Got home at 1:00 and couldn’t sleep, alarm went off at 6:00 and I feel like I got a solid 8 hours. After last night how is that possible?

It’s all been said but here are a few of my random memories:

Mike on his knees ripping out a solo, banging on his pedals with his hands then standing and making sweet love to his guitar right in front of us.

Stone’s big yellow guitar cable. Don’t know why I hadn’t noticed it or why it’s all that interesting. But it’s a damn cool cable!

Stone on his knees, banging his head in front of Ben on RM.

Ummmm….RED MESQUITO!!!! Huge last night. Not just the guys banging it out with Ben soloing. They all unified for the end jamb, surrounded Ben and absolutely rocked it! Made it it’s own new beast that it was not last week. They set Ben up to Eddie’s left last night and Stone’s side instead of Mike and Jeff’s side.

Off He Goes and Footsteps were both unbelievably beautiful.

Sometimes, so stoked to here that. Only other time I’ve seen it was the botched attempt at the ’06 Bill Graham show.

Lukin’ with the strings knowing what they were doing, they actually got to contribute this time and might even be heard on the boot.

The heavy stuff. :twisted: Breakerfall, Save You, Got Some, Comatose, DTE. Awesome! The guy next to me kept taking a Henry Rollins stance and banging his head at the beginning of every heavy song. He also somehow (jokingly) called Chris Cornell being there.

I’m not even going to touch the 2nd encore.

Life is good. Praying for Supersonic tonight!

Oh yeah, the final bow with everyone. Eddie with his arms around Boom and Chris’ shoulders, them standing straight up and Eddie running in air. HILARIOUS!!!
    Post edited by sbhead on
    6/1/03 Shoreline, 7/13/06 Santa Barbara, 7/16/06 Bill Graham Civic
    8/28/09 Outsidelands Festival, 9/30/09 Gibson Amp, 10/1/09 Gibson Amp
    10/6/09 Gibson Amp, 10/7/09 Gibson Amp
    EV:
    4/5/08 Santa Cruz Civic
    7/9/11 Santa Barbara
    4/10/08 Arlington Theater, Santa Barbara
  • Options
    So ... after LA2 when Footsteps appeared on the setlist and wasn't played, I pretty much figured I was destined to just never hear one of my most favorite songs. But then, last night when Once ended and Ed reached for his harmonica, my boy friend and I grabbed each other and realized this is it! We're finally getting Footsteps! An unbelievable feeling of euphoria washed over us, and our friends (who just happened to wind up in the seats directly behind us) hugged and kissed us, and all four of us were in tears. Talk about a moment.

But wait ... what was Ed saying? Chris fuckin' Cornell?!?!? Incredible. More tears and the realization that we were witnessing some true magic. The show just about blew away every other PJ show we've seen -- and for me that number is 37 as of last night.

Fifth row center thanks to Ten Club, a beautiful opener in the form of Sometimes, great versions of Faithfull and Off He Goes, FOOTSTEPS!, and then topping it off with Cornell and Cantrell. I can't say enough good things about this band, its fans, and the gifts they give us. They definitely make the four round-trips from SD to LA well worth it. I can't even begin to imagine what's in store for us tonight. And you guys better be ready for San Diego Friday night. That's when Ed comes home, and I know it's gonna be party time for us all!
    I'll see you on the other side ...
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I just woke up (10ish) my head is still thumping and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed last night. Last weekend surfing with dolphins at Yallingup and then this week being sent through the stratosphere by Pearl Jam lin LA. Does it get any better? I'll find out tonight at LA4. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you can getting some good pics at Strauss, I was a little shy and didn't last night.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    last night the relayer said there was a Ramblings tag on Daughter but it's not listed here... anyone confirm?
    It wasn’t so much “rambling” as Ed singing” ayy ay oh”, etc. and the crowd repeating it back.

Still cannot believe last night. SO Glad I chose nite 3 for 10C tix.
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    gypsygypsy Posts: 8
    i was thoroughly enjoying the show last night, opening with sometimes, hearing faithfull, unemployable, off he goes... so when ed says that "one person's presence can presence really turn something into a special ocassion", cynical old me thought, who can you bring out that can make this show even more awesome/great/unforgettable than it already is? it is just not possible. and pearl jam manages to make me jaw drop once more...

CHRIS CORNELL. TEMPLE OF THE DOG REUNION. HUNGER STRIKE.

here's the video i took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7uyRyGI8U

emm, my hands were shaking a little when ed started singing his line but i think i recovered. i think.

sooo all is well and semi-normal until this beautiful, tall, luminous man starts taking the guitar from mike during Alive. Oh My Gossard, It's JERRY CANTRELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was all tooo mmmmuch for my fragile heart. by then, my memory card is full, no video. But my brain has everything recorded. i love this band!
  • Options
    Lizard wrote:
    It wasn’t so much “rambling” as Ed singing” ayy ay oh”, etc. and the crowd repeating it back.

Still cannot believe last night. SO Glad I chose nite 3 for 10C tix.

i bet you are!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    I wonder if they'll play Arc tonight.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    gypsy wrote:
    CHRIS CORNELL. TEMPLE OF THE DOG REUNION. HUNGER STRIKE.

here's the video i took:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o7uyRyGI8U

emm, my hands were shaking a little when ed started singing his line but i think i recovered. i think.

Nice vid . . . thanks for sharing...
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    This is my review:

3990780258_e3716c8a10.jpg
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    IMG_3420.jpg
  • Options
    JohnDalton wrote:
    Did we dare even think for a second that Chris Cornell might sing Hunger Strike with Pearl Jam when we woke up on Tuesday morning? After that, when Jerry Cantrell got up to play with them I could barely process it. The show even before Cornell stepped out was stellar- what a wonderful night. I want a picture of all those dudes taking a bow at the end as my wallpaper.

I hereby declare that last nights show shall no longer be known as LA3, but hereafter as "The Monsters of Grunge Show". When someone speaks of that we will know they mean PJ at the Gibson on October 6, 2009. That show is an instant legend.

Picture1056-1.jpg
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    I loved Ed's story about Mike settling down to a life of making Pizza until Stone called him to join a band and asked him to bring a couple of free pizzas with him because they were too poor to afford them. Jeff yelled something out at that time - like he was in total agreement.

Talk about a night of HUGE highs! The band are so ON right now it is incredible. I'm loving this period of my and Pearl Jam's life.
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,829
    dharma69 wrote:
    This is my review:

3990780258_e3716c8a10.jpg

:lol:

BEST REVIEW...CANNOT BE TOPPED...JUST LIKE LAST NIGHT!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    chalonchalon Posts: 114
    Does anyone have a video of Alive? I'm curious what Jerry Cantrell sounded like on the solo.

I'm so sad I didn't make this show, but it sounded like it was awesome!
  • Options
    PLEASE TELL ME THIS SHOW WAS FILMED FOR AN UPCOMING DVD RELEASE. PLEASE. :shock:
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    The show was filmed.
  • Options
    The show was filmed.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    i thought it took a while to get started but ended up getting there for sure.

Only thing that sucked about the show, was the sign. and it will continue to suck tonight when you bring it. :o
  • Options
    I just woke up (10ish) my head is still thumping and I still can't quite believe what I witnessed last night. Last weekend surfing with dolphins at Yallingup and then this week being sent through the stratosphere by Pearl Jam lin LA. Does it get any better? I'll find out tonight at LA4. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you can getting some good pics at Strauss, I was a little shy and didn't last night.

Come and find me buddy! I'll be in a 'Pearl Jam #10' Cubs jersey. I'll be at KS around 5. Would be great to catch another aussie!
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    What was the full Obama comment Ed made? I couldn't make out the end
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”