Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    dharma69 wrote:
    Thanks Metsfan, I appreciate that. If it's good it's because I really meant it. That evening lit me up so much that it almost hurt and I was with someone who was digging it just as much as I was which makes for a complete package.

Wow...I just listened to McCready's solo in Corduroy and DAMN.
    i need to hear this. chicago 2 was the greatest corduroy solo i've ever heard. i'm trying to beat it 8-)
  • Options
    I've been making my way thru the boot.
    You can hear the excitement and the energy right from the start.
    Sometimes has a couple bumps of extra oomph that is usually not there.
    And then Ed just screams (in a good way) thru Breakerfall.
    It was on !!!
    6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/7/95, 7/10/98, 7/12/98, 7/13/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/27/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/7/06. 7/9/06, 7/10/06
  • Options
    JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    I can remember turning to my friend after the Even Flow solo and saying "They are on FIRE tonight!" And this was long before Chirs and Jerry joined them. They were in the zone that night, to be sure. Eddie was so into it he ignored his wine bottle through the whole first set!!
  • Options
    I so bummed I missed this show (along with Austin) because of Chris Cornell and Jerry Cantrell. I haven't listened to the bootlegs yet, but was Jerry awesome during Alive? Alive is my favorite song and to have Alice in Chain's guitarist as a guest....that must have been insane!!!!
  • Options
    So glad I was at this show, was so tyred at the start of the evening because of all the travelling then staying up stupidly late that I was falling asleep during Ben Harper.

As soon as Pearl Jam hit the stage I was wide awake and ready to go, such an awesome show and I had great seats with an excellent view. Loved hearing all the backspacer songs and then to get chris and Jerry was just the cherry on top.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Oh man what a night! I just received my boot today as I was leaving for work...I popped the cd in my truck and went straight to the Hunger Strike and rewound for :40 seconds to hear the Cornell intro and then.....GOOSEBUMPS!!!!

I am so glad I was able to re-live that moment again. I'll never forget the pandamonium that ensued before and after that song. BTW...they absolutely nailed it!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    Haha---I went right to Hunger Strike yesterday too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    EnkiduEnkidu So Cal Posts: 2,996
    It's funny, my boots came the other day too (I ordered all the LAs at the same time) and I haven't listened to Hunger Strike yet. I'm working my way up to it like I can somehow recreate the excitement of the moment.

Can't wait though.
  • Options
    A couple quetions to my fellow PJ fans about the LA3 boot. Am I right when I hear Jerry Cantrell start soloing arounf the 5 minute mark in Alive? Yes I was there...but I can't hear the transition between him and Mike on the boot...except for a 2 second note sustain around the 5 minute mark into a JC sounding solo (I'm confident that I know a Mike solo when I hear one). There really wasn't much of a pause if that was the case.

Also who is the dude in the left ear saying Jerry Cantrell before Ed does? The sound board guy?

Thanks ahead of time for your input.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    A couple quetions to my fellow PJ fans about the LA3 boot. Am I right when I hear Jerry Cantrell start soloing arounf the 5 minute mark in Alive? Yes I was there...but I can't hear the transition between him and Mike on the boot...except for a 2 second note sustain around the 5 minute mark into a JC sounding solo (I'm confident that I know a Mike solo when I hear one). There really wasn't much of a pause if that was the case.

Also who is the dude in the left ear saying Jerry Cantrell before Ed does? The sound board guy?

Thanks ahead of time for your input.

I do believe it's McCready who says Jerry Cantrell. Who else would it be?

And yeah, Cantrell takes over around the 5 minute mark.
  • Options

I do believe it's McCready who says Jerry Cantrell. Who else would it be?

And yeah, Cantrell takes over around the 5 minute mark.

I just watched the youtube (duh!). Yeah it was Mike who says it. It just sounded loud and not in the mix on the boot.

Jerry actually comes in around the 4:35 mark. How didi they make the transition virtually seamless? I still haven't seen the guitar switch...nobody has caught that on film that i've seen.

Anyways...Awesome!
  • Options
    Enkidu wrote:
    It's funny, my boots came the other day too (I ordered all the LAs at the same time) and I haven't listened to Hunger Strike yet. I'm working my way up to it like I can somehow recreate the excitement of the moment.

Can't wait though.

haha yes... yes..
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    What happens off-mic after "Just Breathe"? It sounds like Eddie is cursing out the monitor guy. He then makes a snarky comment about the volume of his guitar and explains how he is in a "mood". :lol:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    I think he couldn't hear his guitar through his ear piece?
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    DS114969 wrote:
    I think he couldn't hear his guitar through his ear piece?

Yeah, and he doesn't sound too happy about it. :lol:
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Listening to this show again now :)
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    MR37543MR37543 Posts: 46
    What happens off-mic after "Just Breathe"? It sounds like Eddie is cursing out the monitor guy. He then makes a snarky comment about the volume of his guitar and explains how he is in a "mood". :lol:

LOL...that was great to re-live again. I love Ed's sense of humor.
    "I know that I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine. I am mine."
  • Options
    MR37543 wrote:

LOL...that was great to re-live again. I love Ed's sense of humor.

I was at the Hershey "mosquito bites" show, so I'm well familiar with Ed's sense of humor. :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the best boot of all till now..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    LBCLBC Posts: 74

Order it today.

Looking forward to hearing it!
    A truant finds home
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    Jusxt got it in the mail today, man that was fast! i ordered it on Tuesday, its good quality. Ed Can't say the word Relentless, lol, but yeah its good quality. im happy..... :D
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    LBC wrote:

Order it today.

Looking forward to hearing it!
    :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but this guy taped the whole show and the quality is great:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18FDABB0E5
  • Options
    Thanks hawk!

I think everithing about this show has already been said. Just to share that I´ve been a PJ fan for 15 years now and this was my first show (yes it took me 15 years to get to see them). And what a show it was!!! I am a very lucky guy.

Thanks PJ.
  • Options
    mr.pinkmr.pink Posts: 362
    Hawk123 wrote:
    Not sure if this has been posted yet but this guy taped the whole show and the quality is great:

Watched the whole play list! Truly great video, somebody did an excellent job. What an insane concert. Amazing RVM! Epic show!
    Twenty-ten watch it go to fire!!!
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Hawk123 wrote:

I've seen these before but watching them again now.
    Damn! This show was something else! Still stands strong even with the whole "PHILLY" thing.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options

LA 4 Kicked LA 3's ass....
  • Options
    GrandmaGrandma Posts: 259

I went to all 4 shows ( + SD) and think 3 and 4 were a nearly a tie - setlist slightly more interesting for 4, but Hunger Strike was such a treat. So I bought both CDs ( downloading the others to save a bit of cash)

Listening to the CD I see why Eddie said his voice might need a bit of help at the beginning of the show - he does seem a bit hoarse. But Eddie hoarse is still better than anyone else!
  • Options

I agree. To be fair, I wasn't there for LA 3, but night 4 was the best setlist on the tour, with the possible exception of Chicago 2.
    United Center (Chicago): 8/24/09
    Gibson Amphitheatre (Los Angeles): 10/7/09

• Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    :o
    I need a coffee!