Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Oxxys wrote:
    Was Chris Cornell wearing any designer jeans? Haha, sorry I had to.

Does it matter? ;p
  • Options
    more coin outta my pocket and into theirs...
    Gotta hear lukin
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    My Corduroy JacketMy Corduroy Jacket Austin, TX Posts: 571
    You gotta be kidding me! F-ing Hunger Strike w/ Cornell? I think I just vomited a little...in a good way

Congrats to all the fans that made this show
    Austin, TX
  • Options
    I would have sold my soul to have seen this happen.

Can't wait to see Jerry here when AIC come in November, the man is a god.

Epic PJ setlist and I hope that Ed and the boys had a word in Cornell's ear that he should abandon his RnB bullshit and come back into the fold.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    anybody have any vids up yet on you tube?

come on people...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    mach271 wrote:
    anybody have any vids up yet on you tube?

come on people...

hungerstrike on full is up... and a bit of alive with jerry...

what you been searching youtube for? :P
  • Options
    CaliBigWaveCaliBigWave California Posts: 82
    Brisk. wrote:
    I dont get why they appeared in LA and not in Seattle though?

I'm pretty sure because Chris lives in LA, but could be wrong...have been before, will be again :D
  • Options
    acoustic guyacoustic guy Posts: 3,770
    WOW!!!!!!!! LUCKY!!!!!!!
    Get em a Body Bag Yeeeeeaaaaa!
    Sweep the Leg Johnny.
  • Options
    Just waking up for work. 3 1/2 hours of sleep, but well, WELL worth it. I still can't believe last night. Breakerfall, the second to last song I've been hoping to see this tour (the other being Undone). Sounded perfect! Lukin w/ strings is just fun. Pure and simple. As soon as we got Once I knew we were gonna get Footsteps since it wasn't played LA2, but sure had no idea what we were about to witness. I was 3rd row pit on Stone's side thanks to a friend's 10c tix, and when the words "Chris Cornell" came out, I couldn't believe 6,000 people made the sound that followed. Then when he walks out literally right there in front of me, I was stunned. Show # 27 for me, and easily one of the best I've ever seen. It seems they keep getting better and better. I go home every night amazed at something. Can't say that about every other band I've seen.

Got lucky when Mike threw a handful of picks at the end, both me and my friend got one, as did about twenty new friends around us. And met Ron Jeremy after the show. Classic!

Here are some vids I took. Hunger Strike is a little shaky, but thankfully you can't hear me screaming at the top of the lungs I had left, since everyone else in the building was doing the same thing!

Just Breathe w/ strings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZ3GARh1o-o

Lukin w/ strings
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EDgSswdeXk

Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2-kw4UqufA

Hunger Strike w/ Chris Cornell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eVi0TMDNyw
  • Options
    finallyfinally Posts: 82
    I'm waiting ever so anxiously to find out how they're gonna top last night's show, with Chris Cornell and Jerry Cantrell, if it's even possible. I can die a happy woman now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, PJ! I live for you!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,826
    ah, what just happened last night in la? blink.gif :shock: blink.gif
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    AMAZING SCENES!!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Yeah... urm... WTF?! :shock:

OMFG :o

AMAAAZING. :mrgreen: I am now officially jealous as hell. :lol:

I hope there wasn't any moaning about this... :?
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Brisk. wrote:
    Oxxys wrote:
    Was Chris Cornell wearing any designer jeans? Haha, sorry I had to.

Does it matter? ;p

No, but its still funny.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    Foxy Mop wrote:
    Sea wrote:
    Hunger Strike w/Chris Cornell, Alive w/Jerry Cantrell

Holy. Crap.

:lol:
    exactly my thought!
    you lucky, lucky fuckers in LA!
    8-)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    Holy Shit

Holy shit is right! Holy shit...How the F are they going to top last nights show?
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,576
    Just when I started to question whether it might be a little excessive of me to go to 6 shows this tour, LA III comes along and makes me quite content with my decision. Show of the tour. That was so awesome.

And yeah, I was in Santa Barbara in 03, and this was a much better performance by Chris Cornell. He sounded great IMO. It might have been the misty cold at the Santa Barbara Bowl that night, but the great acoustics and confines of Gibson Amphitheatre made this even more special.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, Los Angeles 5/21/24, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Unreal! This California boy is regretting not getting tickets to LA now!! Happy for those who got to be there for that one, a boot I will surely get!!
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 234
    WOWWWWW, what a show! I've been to a lot of concerts in my life, and I think 16 or so PJ shows, and last night's show is the TOPPER. It was hands down the best concert I've ever been to. So much energy. So much love for music in the air it gave me goosebumps, again and again. I can hardly explain the emotions and feelings, sharing the night with my beautiful wife who is as much of a PJ lover as me. We rocked the mother f'r and sang from our souls. She commented right after Ben Harper's set that the energy tonight is so much different than last week. We went to 9/30th and that was a great show, but 10/6th was an AMAZING show. For them to go into Footsteps, one of my absolute favorites, and then bring out Chris Cornell for the Temple of the Dog reunion was fucking stellar!!! Thank you guys, thank you Lord, and bring it again tonight and Friday night.
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is all.

:D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
  • Options
    MeijinMeijin Posts: 51
    I'm not even going to try and lead up to it. Hunger Strike - HOLY SHIT. Like someone else said, I was expecting a shout out to a family member, a friend, or some inspiration. "I'd like to introduce..." (please not Tim Robbins. Please not Tim Robbins.) "... Chris Cornell". At that moment, every mind blew and LA went apeshit in a way I've never, ever seen an LA crowd lose it.

And even more special: They NAILED it. Cornell hit ALL the high notes. It was unbelievable.

Jerry Cantrell on Alive? What can I say? He shredded, it was sick. I personally was still processing Hunger Strike so that one just didn't hardly register until the end.

LA3 has blown away the other shows I've seen on the tour - SF, LA1 & LA2, and it's been a pretty enjoyable run of shows. It was a solid setlist, Ed was seriously chatty and there was kind of a reflective mood throughout the set. ("Mike was ready to make pizzas for the rest of his life. Stone, you saved his life... while you had him on the phone did you ask for two pizzas?" the pre-Off He Goes banter, etc). Ed's words early on were that they were going to "dig deep" - and I thought they meant either a night of rocking out or a night of random old stuff - turns out it was them digging deep inside themselves.

So great to hear Footsteps after its conspicuous absence on night 2. So great.

Highlights for me (other than the obvious - Hunger Strike must top this list by definition): Unemployable, Sometimes, Faithfull, Got Some.

I don't know how you can top LA3. I don't even know how you would even plan to try. After last night I'm lowering my expectations so I don't get my hopes up. As of right now, 8:29 AM, I'm bracing myself for two and a half hours of them covering Love Cats by the Cure, with a second encore of Duran Duran's Girls On Film. So ditch the PJ shirts tonight, and bring your best awful fashion-rock and mopey Cure gear to the Gibson tonight!
  • Options
    After seeing these guys 3 times in one week, I don't know how they do it. I'm exhausted and all have to do is listen and yell. The encore definitely made the night. Also, Even Flow was a highlight for me, and it's never even been one of my favorites. Mike went absolutely ballistic on it, he just kept going, and destroyed the solo, it was like he brought the song back to life for me. He was in rare form the whole night, constant interaction with his section, and Eddie told that funny story about how Mike would still be delivering pizzas if not for Stone. Breakerfall sounds tremendous live, so much better than the album version, I had not heard that live yet. Also it was funny to see that the string quartet was more prepared for Lukin, but still had a heard time keeping up.

Someone mentioned earlier, this set was a little too similar to night 2 and I'd have to agree. But, we still got Sometimes, Breakerfall, Off He Goes, Save You (another song they nailed perfectly, btw), and then the encore gems. When they brought out Cantrell, I was like "who is that? I know that guy." Then I thought for a sec it was Dave Mustaine from Megadeath or Zach Wilde from Ozzie's band, lol. Then he started playing and I felt like an idiot because it was so Cantrell. His solo there is worth it for the boot alone.

My only regret is I didn't get In Hiding, In My Tree or Smile for any of these 3 LA shows. If they play those tonight when I'm not there, I will shed a silent tear. And then I will get in the car and drive to S.D.!
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Is Eddie going to change his clothes? Same outfit he wore in Seattle!! I mean I know he doesn't flash his cash around and I do dig the blue pants, but at least change the Fear More Beer shirt!
  • Options
    those take a bow pics with cornell and cantrell are classic! damn..would seattle scence to capture.
    epic
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    Does anyone think Chris Cornell will make another appearance for tonights final show?? Im guessing he probably wont but who knows!
  • Options
    One other quick note, I went outside for a sec in between 1st and 2nd encores and saw a few dozen people actually leaving. Me and this other guy were like "how can people leave now?" Then I had a thought, if people are leaving, there's got to be better seats down low. So I took the wife's hand and we went down to about the 5th row Orchestra and found 2 seats. Imagine leaving before the 2nd encore, waking up the next day and going to check the setlist and seeing what the hell went down? Wow. To those who left, thanks!
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    Does anyone think chris cornell will make another appearance for tonights last show?
  • Options
    Add me to the list of folks who lost their shit when Cornell came out for Hunger Strike. Amazing show! Lukin with strings kills me :)... Can't wait to do it all again tonight!