Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    Since the other Soundgarden guys were there anybody else think there's a chance Soundgarden plays tonight?
    if that happens and im not there then i will end my life
    Don't worry Soundgarden will tour, it's just a matter of when. I would go to tonight's show but it's too last minute to get any friends to go. I just have a feeling they might play, I mean, why else would Chris, Ben, and Kim be in Los Angeles?
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Loge 14 Row A on the close aisle

Damn limit on 10C nights!

yeah the limit sucked but since my one show was a lottery winner, i'm not gonna complain ;) :P :mrgreen:

I have Jen's spare 10C ticket.... so i'm curious to see what she has...
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    norm wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Loge 14 Row A on the close aisle

Damn limit on 10C nights!

yeah the limit sucked but since my one show was a lottery winner, i'm not gonna complain ;) :P :mrgreen:

She has flava!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    norm wrote:

She has flava!

LMAO!

Is that spanish for 'Lottery'?
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    Nope...Flava is just a trite way to say flavor, buy since I don't know this person, I really have no basis in making such a comment. It was just one of my spare-of-the-moment comments that usually make no sense!
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,220
    Since the other Soundgarden guys were there anybody else think there's a chance Soundgarden plays tonight?
    if that happens and im not there then i will end my life
    Don't worry Soundgarden will tour, it's just a matter of when. I would go to tonight's show but it's too last minute to get any friends to go. I just have a feeling they might play, I mean, why else would Chris, Ben, and Kim be in Los Angeles?
    For all we know... they are rehearsing 'Spoonman' as we speak.
    Or not.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Nope...Flava is just a trite way to say flavor, buy since I don't know this person, I really have no basis in making such a comment. It was just one of my spare-of-the-moment comments that usually make no sense!

lol, i know, was totally playing along
    -Chris
    Male, 34

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

lol, i know, was totally playing along

Looks like we got us a case of imported playa flava here, eh?
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Tonight at the Gibson (formerly Universal) Amphitheater was proof that Pearl Jam is a band for all eternity. It was a great fusion of what the band is today from what the band has brought from yesterday. The absolute highlight of the show was 'Hunger Strike' with special guest, Chris Cornell. I have been fortunate enough to witness this collaboration twice, but tonight's version was simply incredible. It was 1991 all over again, but with the perspective of 2009.
    We were treated to one amazing song after another. 'Faithful' is one of my favorite songs... one I have not heard in some time. That was eclipsed by 'Off He Goes' (my personal favorite) and all was dwarfed by 'Hunger Strike'.
    Add to that... it was nice to see all of my Pearl Jam friend's at the show. For me, A main part of my enjoyment of the gigs are the faces of those people I don't spend enough time with. I am happy that they got to see and hear the same things I did. So, to everyone who was there.... I am so happy for you and if you enjoyed it one tenth as much as I did, you have a lifetime's worth of happiness.
    Last week's gigs were great, but tonight will go down as one of my personal favorites. If, went I grow old and decrepid... and the Alheimer's robs me of my past... I only hope the God allows me the keep this memory in tact.
    I really do love this band.

Ditto Cosmo. I thought the show was phenomenal from the opening song till the end, but wasn't sure if i was just enjoying it more because i was in such a good mood to begin with. I've seen PJ/EV shows about 40x now and this was by far one of my favorites. The entire band was playing at the top of their game! p.s. - Cosmo, i know you were joking about hoping it was tim robbins. For a few seconds, I did think jerry cantrell was tim robbins!
  • Options
    This was my first PJ show ever, and I'm thrilled that we got to see Chris Cornell. I went home happy! :)
    I'll wait for an angel, but won't hold my breath
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    jenny wrote:
    For a few seconds, I did think jerry cantrell was tim robbins!

I assume that was the few seconds before he started to play
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Thank you all for talking me down about Viejas...the seating chart just looks ominous compared to Gibson...glad to hear it's only 13K...is it an outdoors venue?

I have such a sense of dread that I'll be missing tonight's show...I have every excuse to stay home tonight (wife, child, I've been to the first 3 shows, the expense, exhaustion, having to leave work early AGAIN, etc.).

But there is one amazing excuse to suck it up and go...this band is, dare I say, en fuego. And last night they showed that ANYTHING can happen tonight: Ace Frehly could jump on stage; There could be a Soundgarden reunion; They could open with an acoustic set; they could go Mansfield and vow to play no repeats; They could play for fours hours...

And to miss it, when it's in my own backyard...pure pain...I'm already going through withdrawls with only SD left...
  • Options
    Heleka7Heleka7 Posts: 66
    Is anyone else having trouble processing that last night really happened?
  • Options
    tcarr11tcarr11 Posts: 33
    you are not alone...still stunned!
    Heleka7 wrote:
    Is anyone else having trouble processing that last night really happened?
    LA - 98 (2), 2000, 2009 (4)
    Bridge School - 99, 2001, 2003
    San Bernadino - 2000
    RAC - 2002
    ATP - 2002 "speed thrash ukulele"
    Astoria!!!, London - 2006
    Perth, Australia - 2009
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Did anyone else see ALL of SOUNDGARDEN hanging out together backstage after the show? I couldn't believe my eyes. A bunch of pictures up from last night at Antiquiet, including one of Eddie pretending to smoke a joint while walking offstage with Cornell.... funny stuff! :o

http://www.antiquiet.com/news/2009/10/pearl-jam-los-angeles-chris-cornell/

P.S. Cosmo! Did you get a parking spot at In-N-Out?
  • Options
    rats619rats619 Posts: 72
    my kind of set...real nice...lucky mfrs! let the philly countdown begin
  • Options
    That was one of the best PJ shows I have seen. They rock and just blew me away with their energy it has been far to long since i seen them. Forum 06 I think. The new stuff rocks and they play it so hard and it just shakes your chest. I got to hear my fav song of all time RVM. But to hear the new songs made me love them even more. And to see CC come out and do hunger strike first time since 03. And then JC comes out and rips Alive. Thank you Tenclub for the great seats row KK 10 rows from the stage.
    "When somethings gone, I wanna fight to get it back again"
    The Fixer
    June 22, 1995
    July 16, 1998
    October 22, 2000
    July 9, 2006
    April 7, 2008
    July 17, 2008
    October 6, 2009
  • Options
    Heleka7Heleka7 Posts: 66
    here's the full Alive with Jerry video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suHEGUOODY8
  • Options
    miammmmiammm Posts: 7
    So could someone please tell me where the best place on this forum would be if I wanted to follow the relayers' song-by-song accounting of each show? LIke tonight's LA4 show, for instance? What's playing right now? Any special guests joining them on stage? I'd like to "be there" in spirit, at least. :-) Thanks!
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=114004&start=0

Los Angeles, 10/7 Gibson Amphitheater
    Relayer: Just Breathe to Tuolumne

Main Set: Long Road, Animal, Hail, Hail, Gonna See My Friend, Got Some, Alone, Nothingman, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Untitled/Unthought Known, All Those Yesterdays, Why Go, Wishlist, Present Tense, Force of Nature, The Fixer, Spin The Black Circle, Porch

Encore: Just Breathe w/ String Quartet, The End w String Quartet, Lukin w/ String Quartet, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Jazz Odyssey w/ strings, Love Reign Oer Me, Blood(atomic dog)

2nd Encore: State of Love and Trust, Crown of Thorns, Kick Out The Jams w/ Jerry Cantrell, Alive, Indifference w/ Ben Harper,

Notes/Comments: Jerry Cantrell of AIC guest appearence, Eddie sings over front row during Porch
  • Options
    miammmmiammm Posts: 7
    Thanks, firecloud!
  • Options
    TonykinTonykin Posts: 252
    edited October 2009
    At this point, It's all been said!! Hope to get another great show in San Diego!!
    Post edited by Tonykin on

"... Tan suato mi'jo!!"

-Salomón & Artemisa Vargas
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    SV200988.jpg
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    IMG_1562-2.jpg My first post. Just a little snapshot!!!!
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    can't really add much more to what's already been said....wow. just...jesus.

won the lottery. 2nd row center.

fuck...

from the bottom of my heart ten club, thank you. it's been a hell of a year and this just...healed me.
  • Options
    ChuyChuy Posts: 37
    So in Seattle Ben said Pearl jam was the greatest band on the Planet. On October 6th in the city of angels they proved that statement correct
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    edited October 2009
    3990295351_3734d77af8.jpg

I wonder if any of you can see yourselves. You were a very happy bunch.

If you need a larger look: Pearl Jam @ Universal 10/6/09

*if you couldn't view the photo before, you should be able to now*
    Post edited by dharma69 on
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Paul-JamPaul-Jam Posts: 136
    Here is a link to my video of "Hunger Strike",....Enjoy!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXwvfObJxHA
    2006  July-6               Las Vegas
    2006  July-18             San Francisco 3
    2009  October-6         Los Angeles 3
    2013  November-21   San Diego
    2013  November-26   Oakland
    2014  October-22       Denver
    2016  August-5           Fenway 1
    2016  August-7           Fenway 2
    2016  November-11    Temple of The Dog- San Francisco 1
    2018  August-18         Wrigley 1
    2018  August-20         Wrigley 2
    2018  September-4     Boston 2
    2022  May-18              Sacramento...fuck covid
  • Options
    gerald605gerald605 Posts: 178
    Wanted to make sure that these got out...night 3 and 4 mixed....enjoy...gerald

http://e.gerald605.com/thumbnails.php?album=19
    Play Sacramento!
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    HOLY SHIT....TEMPLE OF THE DOG!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I just watched it youtube.....gave me goosebumps!!!