Options

*** LA 3 Fanviews Here 10/06/09 ***

Comments

• Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Sea wrote:
    October 6, 2009 Universal City, California, Gibson Amphitheater

Set List: Sometimes, Breakerfall, (Interstellar Overdrive)/Corduroy, Save You, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Got Some, Unthought Known, Faithfull, Even Flow, Unemployable, Daughter, Johnny Guitar, Given To Fly, Off He Goes, Comatose, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe w/string quartet, The End w/string quartet, Lukin w/string quartet, Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Jazz Odyssey, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Once, Footsteps, Hunger Strike w/Chris Cornell, Alive w/Jerry Cantrell

Thank you :)

This is the best set so far....

The 2nd encore is just amazing worshippy.gif

My god i wished i was there... no i can only by this bootleg for a small experience.

You lucky people worshippy.gif
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    alesekalesek Posts: 809
    PJPixie wrote:
    alesek wrote:
    Sorry for my ingorance but when was the last time they both sang that together (Ed and Chris I mean...)?

Anyone?

October 2003 in Santa Barbara ................ and by some fucking miracle I was at that show too. I can't process this......i've seen it twice?? wtf??

!!!! jesus, man !!!
    14/6/00 Prague 22/9/06 Prague 12/6/07 Munich 15/8/09 Berlin 22/06/10 Dublin 23/06/10 Belfast 30/06/10 Berlin 26/06/12 Amsterdam 02/07/12 Prague 04/07/12 Berlin 05/07/12 Berlin 07/07/12 Stockholm 09/07/12 Oslo 10/07/12 Copenhagen 25/6/14 Vienna 26/6/14 Berlin 1/7/18 Prague 3/7/18 Krakow 5/7/18 Berlin
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    PJPixie wrote:

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)[/quote]

I've been raising my SMILE poster for 3 nights now from some great seats in the orchestra area (also had it displayed in the front row at Outside Lands). Tonight was the first time that Eddie actually acknowleged it and then he went and grabbed his harmonica and I almost choked.............but then they started into FOOTSTEPS......which ruled!! Pearl Jam just makes me happy! Maybe I'll get SMILE tomorrow :D[/quote]

And what a fantastic sign it was! And I, too, thought they were going to play it since Vedder so very pointedly pointed you and your sign out. Well there's always tomorrow!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    Congrat's on the setlist. How did you get backstage? How about a pic of the setlist for those who missed out on LA3 - AKA "Monsters of Grunge"[/quote]

Thanks! I got back there by a hookup from a friend that knows somebody with the venue... She got me a wristband and that gets you into this lounge area just outside the dressing rooms.... over the first 3 shows i've gotten to meet Boom, Stone, Jeff and Mike so far.... Jeff and Mike signed my LA2 Lakers shirt which was cool... I was going to bring it back today to see if I got lucky enough to meet anyone else and have them sign it but i didn't unfortunately... Luckily, I did get the setlist and I asked Stone to sign it... And he was nice enough to do so... :) Maybe I'l bring the shirt with Jeff and Mike tomorrow night and cross my fingers lol

Here is a photo of the setlist:
    3989838426_e17d452acc_m.jpg
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Tonight at the Gibson (formerly Universal) Amphitheater was proof that Pearl Jam is a band for all eternity. It was a great fusion of what the band is today from what the band has brought from yesterday. The absolute highlight of the show was 'Hunger Strike' with special guest, Chris Cornell. I have been fortunate enough to witness this collaboration twice, but tonight's version was simply incredible. It was 1991 all over again, but with the perspective of 2009.
    We were treated to one amazing song after another. 'Faithful' is one of my favorite songs... one I have not heard in some time. That was eclipsed by 'Off He Goes' (my personal favorite) and all was dwarfed by 'Hunger Strike'.
    Add to that... it was nice to see all of my Pearl Jam friend's at the show. For me, A main part of my enjoyment of the gigs are the faces of those people I don't spend enough time with. I am happy that they got to see and hear the same things I did. So, to everyone who was there.... I am so happy for you and if you enjoyed it one tenth as much as I did, you have a lifetime's worth of happiness.
    Last week's gigs were great, but tonight will go down as one of my personal favorites. If, went I grow old and decrepid... and the Alheimer's robs me of my past... I only hope the God allows me the keep this memory in tact.
    I really do love this band.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I can say without shame or reservation that those bastards onstage reduced me to not being able to hold my camera steady due to all the shaking I was doing when Cornell waltzed his ass out onto the stage. Bastards.

And good Lord you forget how tall he really is...until he's standing next to you. Faithful, Off He Goes, RVM, Footsteps, Red Mosquito, Hunger Strike and that wonderfully fucked up jazz improv...Jesus.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    ElzarElzar Posts: 966
    JohnDalton wrote:
    First off, I want to thank Ten Club for the amazing seats. 5th row Orchestra...................

The cherrry on top was Jerry Cantrell playing the solo during Alive. I couldn't believe my eyes. Then at the end, there was a bow, and Mike, Stone, Jeff, Matt, Eddie, Chris Cornell, and Jerry Cantrell all stood in a row and took a bow together. The Monsters of Grunge. That just blew me the fuck away.

This was a very special night that I will never ever forget.

you forgot BOOM!!! lol :D

never thought i would EVER see PJ with Chris Cornell - not kidding, as soon as Ed announced him, the roof shot off the Gibson - "and they didn't even charge us for the roof last week..." :D:D:D
  • Options
    Cornell and Cantrell as special guests?! You lucky, lucky fuckers!
  • Options
    PJPixiePJPixie Posts: 3,026
    Cosmo wrote:
    Tonight at the Gibson (formerly Universal) Amphitheater was proof that Pearl Jam is a band for all eternity. It was a great fusion of what the band is today from what the band has brought from yesterday. The absolute highlight of the show was 'Hunger Strike' with special guest, Chris Cornell. I have been fortunate enough to witness this collaboration twice, but tonight's version was simply incredible. It was 1991 all over again, but with the perspective of 2009.
    We were treated to one amazing song after another. 'Faithful' is one of my favorite songs... one I have not heard in some time. That was eclipsed by 'Off He Goes' (my personal favorite) and all was dwarfed by 'Hunger Strike'.
    Add to that... it was nice to see all of my Pearl Jam friend's at the show. For me, A main part of my enjoyment of the gigs are the faces of those people I don't spend enough time with. I am happy that they got to see and hear the same things I did. So, to everyone who was there.... I am so happy for you and if you enjoyed it one tenth as much as I did, you have a lifetime's worth of happiness.
    Last week's gigs were great, but tonight will go down as one of my personal favorites. If, went I grow old and decrepid... and the Alheimer's robs me of my past... I only hope the God allows me the keep this memory in tact.
    I really do love this band.

This is true!! It's my friendships with some amazing people that make these experiences so beyond imagination! We do it again tomorrow!!
    The best use of Life is Love.
    The best expression of Love is Time.
    The best time to Love is Now.

I'm never as good as when you're there.........
  • Options
    Congrat's on the setlist. How did you get backstage? How about a pic of the setlist for those who missed out on LA3 - AKA "Monsters of Grunge"

Thanks! I got back there by a hookup from a friend that knows somebody with the venue... She got me a wristband and that gets you into this lounge area just outside the dressing rooms.... over the first 3 shows i've gotten to meet Boom, Stone, Jeff and Mike so far.... Jeff and Mike signed my LA2 Lakers shirt which was cool... I was going to bring it back today to see if I got lucky enough to meet anyone else and have them sign it but i didn't unfortunately... Luckily, I did get the setlist and I asked Stone to sign it... And he was nice enough to do so... :) Maybe I'l bring the shirt with Jeff and Mike tomorrow night and cross my fingers lol

3989838426_e17d452acc_m.jpg[/quote]

Need a date for tomorrow night?? ;)

• Options
    PJPixie wrote:

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)

I've been raising my SMILE poster for 3 nights now from some great seats in the orchestra area (also had it displayed in the front row at Outside Lands). Tonight was the first time that Eddie actually acknowleged it and then he went and grabbed his harmonica and I almost choked.............but then they started into FOOTSTEPS......which ruled!! Pearl Jam just makes me happy! Maybe I'll get SMILE tomorrow :D[/quote]

that was you holding up that sign?[/quote]

yep! that was me :D

• Options
    dharma69 wrote:
    PJPixie wrote:

I wanted to hear "Smile" too :)

And what a fantastic sign it was! And I, too, thought they were going to play it since Vedder so very pointedly pointed you and your sign out. Well there's always tomorrow![/quote]

I will hold it up again tomorrow..............gotta keep trying!

• Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,224
    Paraphrasing from Eddie: Sometimes it takes just one person to make something great...Ladies and Gentlemen, Chris Cornell...
    I was hoping it would be Tim Robbins... weren't you?
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    JohnD.JohnD. Posts: 63
    Did we dare even think for a second that Chris Cornell might sing Hunger Strike with Pearl Jam when we woke up on Tuesday morning? After that, when Jerry Cantrell got up to play with them I could barely process it. The show even before Cornell stepped out was stellar- what a wonderful night. I want a picture of all those dudes taking a bow at the end as my wallpaper.

I hereby declare that last nights show shall no longer be known as LA3, but hereafter as "The Monsters of Grunge Show". When someone speaks of that we will know they mean PJ at the Gibson on October 6, 2009. That show is an instant legend.
  • Options
    Cosmo wrote:
    Paraphrasing from Eddie: Sometimes it takes just one person to make something great...Ladies and Gentlemen, Chris Cornell...

Now that is pure comedy!!! He better not come within 500 feet of the venue tomorrow lol
  • Options
    PJPixie wrote:
    Congrat's on the setlist. How did you get backstage? How about a pic of the setlist for those who missed out on LA3 - AKA "Monsters of Grunge"

3989838426_e17d452acc_m.jpg

Need a date for tomorrow night?? ;)[/quote]

I actually might, but I am not sure yet! :-)
  • Options
    Paul AndrewsPaul Andrews Posts: 2,489
    I travelled from the South West corner of Australia for LA3 & LA4. Man was that worth the airfares, the accommodation and sweeting talking, bribing, begging my family into letting me come! My girl is a saint.

To get a Temple of The Dog reunion (the day after my dog was put to sleep) was amazing. You can have your big U2 stadium claws, your special effects, your pyros, your stage props that other bands use, but what I witnessed tonight was the most incredible live show ever - musical nirvana. It's a shame the name had already been taken by kurt, because that's what it was total nirvana tonight. How good was RVM ????

Pearl Jam just keep raising the bar.
  • Options
    that show sounds awesome makes me look forward to the show in perth. Hey what did the soundgarden shirt look like?
  • Options
    Black t-shirt with red soundgarden across the front, badmotorfinger font.
  • Options
    Tomorrow's PJ LA shirt is supposed to be a white Lakers shirt...

Also, KISS is on Jimmy Kimmel from DETROIT... so I guess no Space Ace....
  • Options
    Tomorrow's PJ LA shirt is supposed to be a white Lakers shirt...

Also, KISS is on Jimmy Kimmel from DETROIT... so I guess no Space Ace....

Ace has not been with Kiss for years so a Detroit KISS show would not stop him. I'd love to see him show up but I doubt it will happen.
  • Options
    ah that's right... oh well... guess i wasn't thinking after all this excitement tonight...
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    Holy Shit
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,866
    Cosmo wrote:

Now that is pure comedy!!! He better not come within 500 feet of the venue tomorrow lol

This reminds me that, after "Given To Fly," Ed said that the song made him think of President Obama and how "we elected him and we need to let him fly the plane" or something to that effect (it was a statement of support for the president and frustration with those opposing him). There were mostly cheers for this sentiment, but a handful of boos.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I just woke up and had a nosebleed just to let you all know, but i now just checked the setlist and WHAT THE FUCK? AM I STILL IN A DREAM?

I dont get why they appeared in LA and not in Seattle though?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Brisk. wrote:
    I just woke up and had a nosebleed just to let you all know, but i now just checked the setlist and WHAT THE FUCK? AM I STILL IN A DREAM?

I dont get why they appeared in LA and not in Seattle though?

Yeah i was thinking the same thing but really all the stars are in LA i know we won't get anything like this in Philly ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    O.M.G.........WTF??????????..U LUCKY BASTARDS U WAS IN..IM OFFICIAL CRAZY AFTER THIS.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    Was Chris Cornell wearing any designer jeans? Haha, sorry I had to.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    So State of Love and Trust was on the setlist, but not played? That is a shame that would have made the crazy incredible second encore even better.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!