• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    norm wrote:
    We are fucking pathetic.....hehehehehehehehe

yes we are....and i wouldn't have it any other way!! :ugeek:

yup. i'm not ashamed to admit it! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • I dont see Unthought Known as a show opener....

I see it more as the first song of the first encore......

The place will fucking go up for grabs.............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I think JBreathe has an awesome 'crossover appeal' ...

I'm really starting to wonder if this could be the band's (much deserved) ...

New Shot at 15 Min??

The thought never even occurred to me until this album (very quickly) got into my bones...

Could it happen... Could this blow the roof off of things?

Or am I just another excited Fan? ;)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    jamainiac wrote:
    I think JBreathe has an awesome 'crossover appeal' ...

New Shot at 15 Min??

The thought never even occurred to me until this album (very quickly) got into my bones...

i think we're too blind to make a good judgment...but i don't see why this couldn't bring the band some new fans

we need some fresh blood here anyway...speedy needs new victims ;):lol::lol::lol:
  • jamainiac wrote:

New Shot at 15 Min??

My point of view???

Had Unthought Known been the first single released....
    Had Unthought Known been performed on Conan (and SNL, Letterman and Leno)........

They may have made a comeback (so to speak), they NEVER, EVER would have dreamed of.........

They would have been on top of the fucking music world again...........

• Mrs.Vedder78 has told anyone/everyone that she isnt going to Philly.....

Im willing to bet $4,834,734.34 that SHE will be there.....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

then you gonna be broke because I am NOT going! :P
    am I seeing you in texas?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,056
    Agreed this song is a corker

Im willing to bet $4,834,734.34 that SHE will be there.....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

Please do not kick me in the balls 7,435 times....But I can not go to Texas....

But Im positive I will see YOU in Philly.....hehehehehehehehe

Please do not kick me in the balls 7,435 times....But I can not go to Texas....

But Im positive I will see YOU in Philly.....hehehehehehehehe

UGH!!!! You suck!!! Why are you not going? :cry:

Believe me Ive looked into Philly ,I thought about Friday night maybe and then get back on Saturday morning to take the boys to The Magic Kingdom that night, but besides the fact that i would probably be like totally exhausted where would I get tkts that are worth all that trouble now? :?
  • jamainiac wrote:

New Shot at 15 Min??

My point of view???

Had Unthought Known been performed on Conan (and SNL, Letterman and Leno)........

They may have made a comeback (so to speak), they NEVER, EVER would have dreamed of.........

Never thought of it that way, but I kinda totally agree with you.
    Hartford '06 Camden '06 East Rutherford '06
    Madrid '07 Munich '07 London '07
    Camden '08 MSG I '08 MSG II '08 Hartford '08 Mansfield '08
    Philly II '09 Philly III '09 Philly IV '09
    Hartford '10 MSG I '10 MSG II '10
    Made in America Fest Philly '12
  • The first couple times I heard the album, each time I changed opinions on which was my favorite song. First Amongst the Waves, then Just Breathe, Force of Nature and even Johnny Guitar. By now, I don't really doubt that it's Unthought Known. All of the songs are fucking great, but that song just nails it. Favorite moment on the entire album is the "nothing left..." part.
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
    I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........

God Damn Speedy. You couldn't be more right. Totally agree. Next year man.
  • bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203

There....
    I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........

Not quite.
    But it is the best song on the new album.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    i love the piano in this song....it takes it to a whole other level in my opinion.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • zwk51 wrote:
    jamainiac wrote:

New Shot at 15 Min??

My point of view???

Never thought of it that way, but I kinda totally agree with you.
    I understand the whole Target situation....
    I understand trying to reach a mass audience.....

BUT THIS TIME AROUND......

All Pearl Jam had to do was release Unthought Known, about 4-6 weeks ago.....
    And Pearl Jam would be back on top of the world.....

The music (like Ten and Vs.) Speaks for itself.............
  • SolarWorld wrote:

There....
    I said it.........

Ima send you an email on Wednesday, once all the Seattle craziness has passed so that we can coordinate for Saturday? My time is so limited, it sucks.. but I guess better than not going at all :D
  • I just put Unthought Known on and said to my 12 year old step daughter...

Watch what music that I love does to me...

Her eyes widened as she started to laugh...

Touching my arm, running her fingers along my little hairs standing on end...

We laughed and I told her "it's my meter"...

I don't think in my head about how I love music like this...

I literally feel it through my entire body ...

So... yeah... I guess it's an okay song ;)
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    SolarWorld wrote:

There....
    I said it.........

Ima send you an email on Wednesday, once all the Seattle craziness has passed so that we can coordinate for Saturday? My time is so limited, it sucks.. but I guess better than not going at all :D

You can also grab my # off the "book". See you soon!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    "with gems and RHINESTONES!!" -goddamn that line is just sooooo powerful for some reason. Unthought Known is just incredible!
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SolarWorld wrote:

You can also grab my # off the "book". See you soon!

Send me your cellphone through Facebook, in any case we'll defo be in touch and yeah c ya soon!
    have fun in Seattle, it will be a blast! :D
  • Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
    I said it.........

bold statement for a band that has written 'long road' and 'immortality' amongst others, but it's good........
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • This song is amazing - easily one of my favorites off the new album... can't wait to sing it at the top of my lungs October in Philly *hopes* :D
  • It's my favourite song from Backspacer.
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Amongst The Waves and Force Of Nature are very, very close to it... but Unthought Known is amazing.

That gems and rhinestones line just launches it, you suddenly feel "this is going somewhere" and it just keeps growing and expanding and layering, then coming back down again just like GTF... And it is the longest song on the album at a pretty drawn out 4 minutes 09!
    we're all going to the same place...
  • jamainiac wrote:

New Shot at 15 Min??

My point of view???

No, I don't see that. It's too good musically. Got Some was something people can shout and get a bit excited about. Unknown is too textured for the average Saturday evening TV viewer. It would go right over people's heads.
    we're all going to the same place...
  • I'm torn between this and Amongst the waves for favourite track on the album, having these 2 tracks one after the other is just amazing easily some of the best songs they've ever written

Still loving Backspacer loads!
  • I read all the other comments and so I was looking forward to this one in particular, when I got it last night. Well I was not expecting the emotion that came over me. It is truly soaring and hits the highest note on this album.

Although across the board this album is a tremendous accomplishment and I have to say will be amongst my favorites!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Okay, having at long last listened to it on real speakers, this easily is a top-ten song for me. I cannot wait to hear this in Philly!! :D
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • I cant begin to express, just how happy I am, to LOVE a new Pearl Jam song. I havent listened to Riot Act or Avocado in years. They just were not my cup of tea.

Well, there's your problem. You're fucking drinking tea. ;)
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • This was the one I was the most excited to come on here to talk about today. There is just something about this song!! AMAZING! The hair on my arms seriously stood up. It is just so hopeful and magical without being cheesy. Kind of reminds me of metaphysics and the whole power of thinking. LOVE IT!!! I am just so thankful that Eddie decided that this is they type of stuff he wanted to put out there.
    all those paper plates......