Unthought Known

Comments

• rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    can't............... stop......................listening...................

fucking A this song is balls in your face.

i think the lady in the office next to me is getting sick of hearing it over and over again :)
  • balls in your face.

Is that good?
  • Amongst the Waves best one on the album.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • balls in your face.

Is that good?
    depence whos balls is :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • This is my favorite song on the album right now. Some really, really good lyrics on it. I'm still not sure what it's about though.

Anybody want to tackle this song's meaning, in 50 words or less.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • I am SERIOUSLY on the VERGE of tattooing ~GEMS & RHINESTONES~ onto my body..... sheer beauty!! Whadda ya think?

Molson Park/Barrie - Aug 05, 1992
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 19, 2005
    EV solo Massey Hall/Toronto - Aug 13, 2008
    Molson Amphitheatre/Toronto - Aug 21, 2009
    HSBC/Buffalo - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre/Toronto - Sep 12, 2011
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I am SERIOUSLY on the VERGE of tattooing ~GEMS & RHINESTONES~ onto my body..... sheer beauty!! Whadda ya think?

be sure to use this

bedazzler_uses.jpg

;):lol::lol::mrgreen:
  • norm wrote:
    I am SERIOUSLY on the VERGE of tattooing ~GEMS & RHINESTONES~ onto my body..... sheer beauty!! Whadda ya think?

be sure to use this

bedazzler_uses.jpg

;):lol::lol::mrgreen:

hmmm... good one lol! Maybe something a LIL' more permanent - and only SLIGHTLY less tacky ;o)

• I am SERIOUSLY on the VERGE of tattooing ~GEMS & RHINESTONES~ onto my body..... sheer beauty!! Whadda ya think?

seriously? that would be a little over the top in all honesty.
  • csickels wrote:

lol, gotta love the honesty ;o) It's between that or 'Just Breathe' I love them both... I have a little design on my back and I wanted to add some script that I LOVED to it... No worries tho, I'm not putting EDDIE from shoulder to shoulder - could have been a close second tho lol!!

• jamainiac wrote:
    Unknown Thought is a FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!!!

+1

110%

AMAZING!!
    It has been WAY TOO LONG (from a personal point of view) too wait for a song like this.

From the first listen.....It brought me back 15 years.....
    To when Ten and Vs. were the best fucking albums I had ever listened to, PERIOD!!!!!!
    When I played those albums every single day of my life.....

Unthought Known is a fucking masterpiece..........

But the question is...

DID YA LIKE IT THOUGH???? :lol:

How's it going? Long time not chat!

FOR THE RECORD - I WILL STAND NEXT TO YOU - IT IS A SONG UNLIKE ANY OF THEIR OTHER SONGS.

The intimacy of his vocals, the crescendos, the accompanyment, the whole thing - jut amazing.

PS - Another lil' story:
    I play this CD for a friend of mine at work who is NOT a PJ fan, but, being a musician himself, he respects them and their talent. He is fairly objective musically though he is an OLD SOUL and at 30, barely listens to anything that has been released post 1980 (unless it was the Grateful Dead or Steely Dan)....just to put things in perspective.

So as I give him my insight to each song as he is about to listen to it, for Unthought Known, I choose to NOT say anything. i didn't want to sway his objectivity. He listens to the beginning of the song and takes his headphones off and laughs.

I immediately got defensive and unknowingly into "I'm going to kick your ass" stance.

He says - "dude, that song totally reminds me of a different song. You know it too...."

I was so confused.

He says - "Yeah, you know it.....I WISH THAT I HAD JESSIE'S GIRL..DUH DA DAH DA DA..."

I had a Tarantino moment - I saw myself taking his face to my knee repetedly until his eye was stuck to my demin and pryed from his skull.....but then I took a deep breath, looked at him and simply said...
    "Mehhh, no worries. You are muscially enept"

Have you experienced any critisicm from friends or family on this album?

"talk amongst yawselves...I'm vaclempt"
    HAWAII BABY!!!!!!

MySpace:
    www.myspace.com/greendisease06

Web Site:
    www.wallsstreetjournal.net

Proud Volunteer of:
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
  • I seriously have to listen to it like 4 or 5 times every time I'm in the car. It's that fuckin good....
    He floated back down 'cause he wanted to share, his key to the locks on the chains he saw everywhere.
  • csickels wrote:

lol, gotta love the honesty ;o) It's between that or 'Just Breathe' I love them both... I have a little design on my back and I wanted to add some script that I LOVED to it... No worries tho, I'm not putting EDDIE from shoulder to shoulder - could have been a close second tho lol!!

What's wrong with having EDDIE across your body? I have that right under my THUG LIFE tattoo on my chest.

:)
  • Best song since Given to Fly - at least. I will probably destroy the record once I hear it on vinyl.

Oct. 27 - PLEASE PLAY THIS SONG!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Best song since Given to Fly - at least. I will probably destroy the record once I hear it on vinyl.

Oct. 27 - PLEASE PLAY THIS SONG!
    U MUST BE KIDDING..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • My 1 hr drive home was pretty much spent with it on repeat in the car. Unbelievable song, right into my PJ top 5 of all time

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • Hard to decide - but it's def a top contender...
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • I think there's a definite Love Boat Captain feel to it, but it's a much better song than LBC. Has anyone else noticed that Gonna See My Friend sounds a little like Black, Red, Yellow? Overall though, this album really has its own style and sound, I like it a lot so far. Got Some, Force of Nature, Supersonic & Unknown are my faves.
    Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    I'm putting together a sign for Philly.

"Please play Unthought Known 34 times in a row"

They go at it, and then I can blow me head off, cos life isn't gonna be sweeter than that.

Unless if they played it 35 times in a row the next night. In which case I'll be a friggin pissed off ghost.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • definitely my favorite so far!!!
    PEARL JAM - It's what's for breakfast

"Promise only what you can deliver. Then deliver more than you promise."
    --Anonymous

The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. -Patrick Henry, revolutionary (1736-1799)
  • I LOVE this song! I can't stop singing it, hearing it in my head, playing it, and remembering the intensity of it live at the first four shows. Awesome.
  • Hinn wrote:
    I'm putting together a sign for Philly.

"Please play Unthought Known 34 times in a row"

They go at it, and then I can blow me head off, cos life isn't gonna be sweeter than that.

Unless if they played it 35 times in a row the next night. In which case I'll be a friggin pissed off ghost.
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • This is very radio friendly imo. Really think it would do very very well on the radio.
  • I previously posted my opinion that the first 6 tracks of Backspacer is the best sequence of songs they've ever put together. Now that I've spun Backspacer dozens of times I'd like to dislocate my own fingers for not including Unthought Known in that statement. It is now by far my favorite song on the album and I too cannot go throughout the day without that song repeating in my head. Having seen them perform it live 3 times now I hope it becomes a staple.
  • I've had that song in my head all day. I love it. I love the whole album.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"
  • Unthought Known is the only song worthy to follow Amongst the Waves! What a fantastic 1-2 punch. :D
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I agree, easily my favorite. I am not totally in love with the first four songs on Backspacer, at least not yet. But this one and Amongst the Waves I think are the best.
  • Unknown Thought is a FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!!!
    It is PEARL JAMS MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!

There....
    I said it............[/quote]

I agree, it's my favorite song on the new album and I had the pleasure of hearing it live during Seattle 1&2 and Vancouver. Let me tell you... you will LOVE it even more once you hear it live.

It's BEAUTIFUL!!!!
    "Holly f**k, that was so amazing, I just forgot who I came here to see!!" - Courtesy of the guy in the U2 t-shirt standing next to me in Aloha Stadium, Post PJ
  • I am looking forward to hearing it in Philly....

I still say it is the best song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....