Unthought Known

Comments

• I love this song! It's fantastic live!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • I love this song! It's fantastic live!
    Hey Kidd!!!

Did you come down from your Pearl Jam High yet???? hehehehe
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Upon my 1st listen, Unthought Known was definitely my favorite track on the new album. This was further confirmed by the blistering performance of the song PJ put on in Portland two nights ago- the crowd was really singing along to UK as well. The slow start, rising energy with each line, culminating in an anthematic crescendo is classic Pearl Jam, and every time I play this song I fear the speakers in my car are going to be blown. A great studio track, and intense live song!
    Rapid City - June 23rd, 1998

"I will hold the candle, till it burns up my arm..."
  • pjamaholicpjamaholic Posts: 1,225
    Unthought Known is my favourite track off Backspacer. Looking forward to hearing it live in Australia, it's a brilliant song.
  • this song is just too much live. god i love it!! hope to hear it again next week! :)
  • This album makes me fall in love with this band even more. It shows just how versatile they can be. Absolutely beautiful songs! Unthought Known is my newest favorite PJ song.
    Keep up the rocking work, guys!!
    "The waiting drove me mad..."
  • unthought known is wicked!
  • I am looking forward to hearing it in Philly....

I still say it is the best song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!

and we will. at least once.

it has been a very, very long time since i have looked
    so forward to hearing a new song live.

and something tells me this song will
    become a setlist standard for years to come.

so heartbreakingly exhilarating.
    Nice shirt.
  • Love this song soooooooo much! Listening to it right now! :D I feel so lucky to have heard it live in Seattle the other night! My girl who's not quite a diehard fan like me (but loves PJ) hasn't really listened to the album on her own yet BUT she's heard me playin Backspacer constantly and she says to me yesterday,when Unthought Known was on, she's like "I keep getting that song stuck in my head it's so good, ever since the show in Seattle!" There ya go, it's just classic Pearl Jam! :D

Favorites so far, Unthought Known, Amongst the Waves, Got Some, Supersonic, Speed of Sound

It's nice to know Pearl Jam fans can agree on something!!! :p
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • I'm obssessed with Unthought Known. Such an amazing song. This just may be my new favorite Pearl Jam song of all time. This song is further proof of just how brilliant Ed's song writing ability is.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • AmentsArmy wrote:
    Upon my 1st listen, Unthought Known was definitely my favorite track on the new album. This was further confirmed by the blistering performance of the song PJ put on in Portland two nights ago- the crowd was really singing along to UK as well. The slow start, rising energy with each line, culminating in an anthematic crescendo is classic Pearl Jam, and every time I play this song I fear the speakers in my car are going to be blown. A great studio track, and intense live song!

I've considered upgrading my front amp and speakers to make it even louder.
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • pjamaholic wrote:
    Unthought Known is my favourite track off Backspacer. Looking forward to hearing it live in Australia, it's a brilliant song.
    hey pjamaholic - i think we have the same problem; i'm addicted to pjamahol as well! ;)
    also looking forward to hearing this one in aus too - adelaide's my only show this time around. i'd be so happy if i get to hear this AND amongst the waves. bring on november!
    Sydney 3 1998; Brisbane 1 2003; Sydney 1/2/3 2003; Brisbane 1/2 2006; Sydney 1/2/3 2006; Melbourne 1/2 2006; Adelaide 2009; EV Solo Sydney 1 2011.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    whoever wrote this on utube nailed it:

Goddamn it Eddie, when you hit them high notes you make me wanna laugh and cry and jump around and scream and punch a hole in the wall and hug a stranger and drive real fast and float in space.

ok ... i don't think it makes me want to punch a hole in the wall but this song makes me feel so fucking good ...
  • mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    I am looking forward to hearing it in Philly....

You serious?

ANYTHING ON VITALOGY IS BETTER THAN UK.....And i like UK.....
  • mach271 wrote:
    I am looking forward to hearing it in Philly....

You serious?

ANYTHING ON VITALOGY IS BETTER THAN UK.....And i like UK.....
    Dont rain on my fucking parade.....hehehehehehe

Unthought Known is the best song they have ever written!!!!!
  • Perhaps the deepest level of the unthought known is the heart of the teachings of mindfulness
    meditation. The heart of these teachings, which we know already but have forgotten, is that
    fundamentally we are awareness itself, already liberated from our fixations, fears and redundancies,
    without essential content, beyond subject and object, everything and nothing, and that whatever we are
    in life we also are not. This is the “non-dual” consciousness at the heart of so many mystical and
    meditative traditions (Wilber, 2003). In other words, the deepest level of the unthought known and the
    edge of the unknown, are the same thing.
    -Michael Robbins
  • Perhaps the deepest level of the unthought known is the heart of the teachings of mindfulness
    meditation. The heart of these teachings, which we know already but have forgotten, is that
    fundamentally we are awareness itself, already liberated from our fixations, fears and redundancies,
    without essential content, beyond subject and object, everything and nothing, and that whatever we are
    in life we also are not. This is the “non-dual” consciousness at the heart of so many mystical and
    meditative traditions (Wilber, 2003). In other words, the deepest level of the unthought known and the
    edge of the unknown, are the same thing.
    -Michael Robbins

"Unthought Known Kicks Ass"
    -SPEEDY MCCREADY

• "Unthought Known Kicks Ass"
    -SPEEDY MCCREADY

I dont give a rats ass!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12

• "Unthought Known Kicks Ass"
    -SPEEDY MCCREADY

I dont give a rats ass!
    Why bother posting here?
    Why do you ever bother to post??
    You are SO negative!!!
    Do you ever have anything nice to say???
    I wish you would just go away!!!
    Do you have a real life???
    Are you always this miserable???

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe..........
  • which do you love more? unthought known or midgets? :D
    How are you cheeky??
    Hows the shirt selling business treating you???
    How were the shows you went to???
  • -SPEEDY MCCREADY[/quote]

I dont give a rats ass![/quote]Why bother posting here?
    Why do you ever bother to post??
    You are SO negative!!!
    Do you ever have anything nice to say???
    I wish you would just go away!!!
    Do you have a real life???
    Are you always this miserable???

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe..........[/quote]

Leave me alone you big meanie!!! GOD!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Yeah, I fuckin love Unthought Known, one of the last ones that growed on me but it did and completely amazed me!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    prsntnse wrote:
    After hearing it again I realize how lucky I was to hear it the 1st time in newark in '08 at EV show, when Ed described it as a peice of fruit being picked off a tree before its to ripe. He said he was working on it @ 5am the night before.What a song.

We got to hear it in DC when he played it for the second time, and it was magical! The drawing in my avatar was created by my best friend, Cindy, during it. I know for sure because I borrowed her sketch book to write down "see the path cut by the moon for you to walk on-Unthought Known" on the page next to it.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/me303/2782 ... 824016773/

Cindy is now amongst the gems and rhinestones, walking the path cut by the moon, swimming in the waves on distant shores and hopefully awaiting my arrival. I feel closer to her when I listen to this beautiful song.

It's been a long wait for the finalized version, but worth it. Hearing it in Seattle both nights made the cross country trip worthwhile on it's own. The rest was cosmic gravy!
  • beautiful and powerful song...eddie's voice..the buildup..it's incredible. great thread!
  • pjfan021 wrote:
    beautiful and powerful song...eddie's voice..the buildup..it's incredible. great thread!
    exactly.. :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    How are you cheeky??
    Hows the shirt selling business treating you???
    How were the shows you went to???
    i'm good, other than fending off a cold which took me down this morning, currently at home drinking tons of tea!

shirts are starting to move, began another push last night :) was awesome seeing people wearing the shirts in seattle, i can't describe how it made me feel!

the shows were AWESOME. 2nd show was out of control. it did me so much good, just getting away from chaos here, and seeing the band i love so much. i can't wait to do it again next week for the last LA show and SD, bringing my sis who hasn't seen them since '06, should be much fun :D
  • Unthought Known.....

Is a fucking masterpiece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just my humble opinion....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Unthought Known.....

it's even better live!!!
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    norm wrote:
    Unthought Known.....

it's even better live!!!

braggart :mrgreen: