Unthought Known

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,471
edited December 2009 in The Porch
Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
    I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........

It is a FANTASTIC song!!!

There....
    I said it.........

oooooh that alone could make me change my mind about not going to Philly. ;)

its funny just 2 seconds ago I told Mike that this may be my favorite song in the album.. I can't wait to hear live! :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV

There....
    I said it.........

I cant begin to express, just how happy I am, to LOVE a new Pearl Jam song. I havent listened to Riot Act or Avocado in years. They just were not my cup of tea.

Unknown Thought is a FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!!!
    It is PEARL JAMS MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!

There....
    I said it............
  • I sat my ass on the couch last night and listened to the cd on our really good speakers. :lol: I can't agree more. That song is really brilliant. Even though it's different, it makes me feel like I'm hearing a little bit of something like Love Boat Captain. I can't quite put my finger on it.
  • Unknown Thought is a FUCKING MASTERPIECE!!!!

+1

110%

AMAZING!!
    Exercising her will to lose control...
    she lets go
  • What a great fucking song. Cant stop listening to this whole album!
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    best song on the album easily
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • HbudjrHbudjr Posts: 150

There....
    I said it.........

Well said this song hit me pretty good this morning right about 1:45 into the song is what got me the most brilliant!!! :lol:
    8/23/2009- Chicago- United Center
    5/6/2010- Columbus- Nationwide Arena
    6/26/2011- Detroit- Fox Theater- EV Solo
    9/22/2012- Atlanta- Piedmont Park
    10/11/2013- Pittsburgh - Consol Energy Center
    11/26/2013 - Oakland - Oracle Arena
    10/1/2014 - Cincinnati - US Bank Arena
    10/16/2014 - Detroit - Joe Lewis Arena
    4/26/2016 - Lexington - Rupp Arena (Hometown Show)
    8/20/2016 - Chicago - Wrigley Field
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Instantly vaulted to my top five. May take over the #1 spot currently occpied by Given to Fly right now.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14

There....
    I said it.........

I cant begin to express, just how happy I am, to LOVE a new Pearl Jam song. I havent listened to Riot Act or Avocado in years. They just were not my cup of tea.

It is PEARL JAMS MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!

There....
    I said it............

happy to hear to you are this excited about a song! :D as funny as that sounds :lol:

Im still seeing you at ACL right?, you still going?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • from the very first listen i was instantly enamored....instantly.
    something that has not happened in a very long time with the new music.

a Masterpiece indeed. it is absolutely stunning in every way.

and if i get to hear it live in Philadelphia, i cannot be held responsible for my actions.
    if this song doesn't want to make one jump up and sing and dance, then i don't know what will.

so optimistic, so heartfelt, so inspiring.....so deliciously Pearl Jam.
    Nice shirt.
  • jamainiac wrote:

+1

110%

AMAZING!!
    It has been WAY TOO LONG (from a personal point of view) too wait for a song like this.

From the first listen.....It brought me back 15 years.....
    To when Ten and Vs. were the best fucking albums I had ever listened to, PERIOD!!!!!!
    When I played those albums every single day of my life.....

Unthought Known is a fucking masterpiece..........
  • speedy i fucking agree with you! except .. i would probably say amongst the waves is a tad bit better. THAT is there no. 1 masterpiece in my eyes. but honestly, unthought known is right behind it. is it possible that backspacer has my TWO FAVORITE songs ever!?

oh man, this fucking album is great.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • I'm so glad it's not just me. :D:D I was mesmerized by "Unthought Known" when Eddie introduced it, and I was so excited to see it would be on "Backspacer." I am not sure if it is in my top five yet, but it definitely has a shot. :)

Now if only my copy of "Backspacer" would arrive, so I could listen to the songs on something other than the speakers on my laptop.

Speedy, if you approach the stage from one side and I approach from the other side, maybe one of us will make it up there. [I kid, I kid.]
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • itell ya people will walk out of shows feeling like this song brought them a relegious experience i have no doubt about it, if i see this song in philly i will for sure loose it ,this band has me in the clouds .... :mrgreen: thanks PJ you mean evrything to me :mrgreen:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Ever since hearing the Ed solo version I've been hooked. The album version does not disappoint. Absolutely brilliant! :mrgreen:
  • itell ya people will walk out of shows feeling like this song brought them a relegious experience i have no doubt about it, if i see this song in philly i will for sure loose it ,this band has me in the clouds .... :mrgreen: thanks PJ you mean evrything to me :mrgreen:
    Hey Jose!!!!

See you in Philly my friend.............
    Hey Jose!!!!

No doubt we will have a blast with flagg also :lol::mrgreen: i'm glad you like the song it is a gem :) ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Hey Jose!!!!

No doubt we will have a blast with flagg also :lol::mrgreen: i'm glad you like the song it is a gem :) ...
    Yep...

We will have fun......

Mrs.Vedder78 has told anyone/everyone that she isnt going to Philly.....

Im willing to bet $4,834,734.34 that SHE will be there.....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehee
  • My new request for Philly!

This song brings me back to the love I had for Yield.
  • Yep...

We will have fun......

Mrs.Vedder78 has told anyone/everyone that she isnt going to Philly.....

Im willing to bet $4,834,734.34 that SHE will be there.....hehehehehehehehehehehehehehee

i'll take that bet!

and i'm also willing to bet that the Philly experience will be one in a million.
    these shows will be beyond epic, it's inevitable.
    Nice shirt.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm amazed at how good all the songs are but this is the band at their anthemetic best....yep i've just made up a word...this should be a show opener!! :D
  • norm wrote:
    i'm amazed at how good all the songs are but this is the band at their anthemetic best....yep i've just made up a word...this should be a show opener!! :D
    This song...

Live....

May reduce me to tears..........

There....
    I said it...............
  • norm wrote:

this song will be a show stopper.
    and i can it easily see it being stretched into a 10 minute jam too.

anthemetic indeed. :mrgreen:
    Nice shirt.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412

There....
    I said it.........

it's a top 5 PJ song for me as well, man! it really strikes a chord in me...i really hope they play it in Austin!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    norm wrote:
    This song...

Live....

There....
    I said it...............

well just breathe has already done that for me and i haven't even seen it live yet :oops:
    norm wrote:

this song will be a show stopper.
    and i can it easily see it being stretched into a 10 minute jam too.

anthemetic indeed. :mrgreen:

there are a few songs that mike can do some great jamming on from the album...which is what i'm hoping for :D
  • norm wrote:
    norm wrote:
    This song...

Live....

There....
    I said it...............

well just breathe has already done that for me and i haven't even seen it live yet :oops:
    Fucking amazing....

How a song can reduce grown men to tears....

hehehehehehehe

We are fucking pathetic.....hehehehehehehehe
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I fucking LOOOOVE this song!!! It grabbed me from the very first time listening to it.

I am not sure about the greatest song they have ever written, but it certainly up in that area!!!

Great fucking tune!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
    We are fucking pathetic.....hehehehehehehehe

yes we are....and i wouldn't have it any other way!! :ugeek: