Unthought Known

Comments

• This song will soon be risen up to GTF status at live shows.
    2000- Jones Beach III
    2003- Nassau coliseum, MSG I, MSG II
    2006- Hartford, E. Ruth I, E. Ruth II,
    2008- W. Palm, Tampa, Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2008- E.V. solo - Boston I, Boston II,NYC I,Newark Stone - Brooklyn
    2009- Chicago I & II,Philly III & IV E.V. solo- Albany II, Philly II
    2010- Hartford, Newark, MSG I & II
    2011- Tres Mtns. - Ed solo-Beacon I & II - Alpine Valley I & II
    2013- Hartford, Philly I & II, Brooklyn I & II, London Ont
    2016- Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philly I&II, MSG I&II
  • prsntnse wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I sat my ass on the couch last night and listened to the cd on our really good speakers. :lol: I can't agree more. That song is really brilliant. Even though it's different, it makes me feel like I'm hearing a little bit of something like Love Boat Captain. I can't quite put my finger on it.

It's pretty well my favourite on the album so far. Have lost count of the number of times I've listened to it! The general consensus of opinion from other threads I've read is that it's one of the favourites off the new album. Can't wait to hear it live! ;)

I cant wait to hear it live by the band.

Boom is probably going to mess it up
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Unthought Known is amazing and by far the best on the album. Is in my PJ top-5.

Have any of you heard "The Pass" by Rush? Something about Unthought Known reminds me of The Pass in some way. By the way, The Pass is my favorite Rush Song. I know the 2 songs are different but somehow I make that connection.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Unthought Known is amazing and by far the best on the album. Is in my PJ top-5.

Have any of you heard "The Pass" by Rush? Something about Unthought Known reminds me of The Pass in some way. By the way, The Pass is my favorite Rush Song. I know the 2 songs are different but somehow I make that connection.

I love the new song... easily the best off the new album, no contest. Rush kicks ass as well! Saww them on my b-day 8 years ago. I just have a feeling this song wont be too great live...
  • prsntnse wrote:
    pjamaholic wrote:
    I sat my ass on the couch last night and listened to the cd on our really good speakers. :lol: I can't agree more. That song is really brilliant. Even though it's different, it makes me feel like I'm hearing a little bit of something like Love Boat Captain. I can't quite put my finger on it.

It's pretty well my favourite on the album so far. Have lost count of the number of times I've listened to it! The general consensus of opinion from other threads I've read is that it's one of the favourites off the new album. Can't wait to hear it live! ;)

I cant wait to hear it live by the band.
    +1
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    I am in complete agreement with Speedy....

This song makes me want to fuck something.....

Or have a beer or twenty.....

Hehehehehe..............
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • I think Brendan O'Brien actually plays "chopsticks" behind Eddie's vocals for a little while....
  • I just lstened to this song and going to go make up with the wife

cowboys suck! :mrgreen:
    Hey now... :twisted:
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • I just lstened to this song and going to go make up with the wife

cowboys suck! :mrgreen:
    Hey now... :twisted:
    Eggles ain't much better :D
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    If they are smart and use Unthought Known as a single, I honestly think it has a chance at being their biggest song since Betterman.
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    edited September 2009
    Best song on the album - who the hell was lucky enough to see EV play this already? Damn - this will be a killer opener

"brain is wired, brain is deep"...holy shit - I can hear the crowd now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxs7KgZFKuI
    Post edited by Renee33 on
    Dancing in irreverence
  • RJNadge4 wrote:
    Best song on the album - who the hell was lucky enough to see EV play this already?

{raises hand and jumps up and down excitedly} I was! I was! :D I'm sure I've already said it, but I will keep saying it: I was hooked on that song from the first time I heard it in Newark, and I could not get it out of my head. I'm waiting for Philly, hoping they will play this at least once. :)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128

Thanks that was great

By the time they get back east this song will have taken a life of its own - it is that good.
    Dancing in irreverence
  • Great Song! Best on album! I would definitely put it in my top ten for sure!! ;)
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
    It keeps getting better and more relevant with every listen....
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Best song in years.. maybe best song in forever..
    Best song in years.. maybe best song in forever..

Right there with you, and I'm no bandwagon jumper....I can't stop listening..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
    I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........
    What he said........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Is the BEST fucking song they have ever written.....PERIOD!!!!!!

There....
    I said it.........

And when they sing it live in Philly, I may just jump on stage and give all the boys a big fucking hug.........
    What he said........

It's funny because I was going to start an 'Unthought Known' thread minutes before this appeared..it is the best in years, in quite a few years....I'm gonna fuck something soft and inviting soon..
    and crack you up
    and I'll overdo it'
  • brucebruce Posts: 384
    Already one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs. Simply fucking amazing.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• i fell in love with this song the first time i heard it, and live??

:shock:

holy shit.

it just gets kicked up to a whole other level. fucking gorgeous.

• Thanks for the link ... sounds fantastic live!! :D
  • Amazing song!

Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves, and Unthought Known... that's simply a remarkable middle to an album :shock: Really enjoying the entire album. Looking forward to a couple of the Philly shows and hearing these songs live!
  • :P
    thanks for the post.
    I fully agree: this song is magic and just stunning and yup, I also would call it a masterpiece that will stay forever!

Last night I got so overwhelmed by it again, and so I just thought: wow, this is my song, this is THE song!
    the lyrics uhhh- have you ever heard so wonderful words that really gets you and make so much sense,
    and the music uhhh- it will become my timeless melody, ....
    the song is more then words can describe.

and p.s. all in all Backspacer is just IT.
    so viva Pearl Jam!!!! and thank you soooo much as always! You did such a great great job again.

happy n.
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • gems and rhinestones BRILLIANT
    London 29/05/00, Dublin 23/08/06, London 18/06/07, London 18/08/09, Manchester 21/06/12, EV London 30/07/12, Milton Keynes 11,07,2014

There....
    I said it.........

Speedy - you are right. I t has been a long time since Pearl Jam gave us a song This good. It takes me back to Vitalogy when I first heard Not For You and Immortality.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 2,926
    It's a killer song. Second only to Amongst the Waves.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16

There....
    I said it.........

What he said........
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Speedy ROCKS!!!!!!!
  • ApeMan wrote:

Thanks for the link ... sounds fantastic live!! :D
    :D