Options

How come there are tickets still for sale??

Comments

• Options
    crashing88crashing88 Posts: 203
    yoke wrote:
    they are still for sale because I can only buy one pair. If I could I would get more.

What he said...
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    It's only (an really it is only) $20 or so more than in 2005... It's just really interesting

It may be only $20 but people set certain price points for themselves & $150 to a lot of people is not an impulse buy.

I was a college student in 2000 & followed them around for 3 shows. Deer Creek, Riverbend & the show in columbus. I would say that for those 3 shows i spent $100 for tickets. If someone wants to go to 3 shows now they would pay roughly $210. Obviously prices are higher due to inflation and other factors (fuel), but i think it is harder for a college student to come up with $210 v. when i had to come up with $100 eight years ago.

Also Camden is really Philadelphia just on the other side of the river. So i would definitely expect Boston NYC & Philadelphia to sell out. Its not a good sign when the other markets still have tickets available. As much as some people would like they cant just play Seattle, LA, NYC, Philadelphia & Boston.
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    voodoopug wrote:
    Its really disappointing that fans refuse to buy tickets because of a small increase. Pearl Jam has worked tirelessly for their fans and deserves to be compensated
    Exhibit A of the clueless posts catalogue.

You are aware that there's a recession going on, right? Whether or not the people in Washington suck it up, grab their balls and actually say the "R" word, make no mistake that there's not quite the same amount of money in most peoples' bank accounts for discretionary spending. I guess food and gas trump Stoney's pony.

And PJ's been more than well compensated for their work just fine.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    LizardkingLizardking Posts: 936
    Crazy you put west coast tour tickets in goods, they would be gone in minutes, I'm really shocked seats not selling faster!!
    Lizardking

http://www.myspace.com/lizardkings1

(This Post May Have Been Edited By AT&T)
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    smithnic wrote:
    Jersey is sold out...

technically, still only 'temporarily out of stock'...no 'sold out' just yet. and, it seemed to take a good 15 minutes for that to occur. shciked me, really. can only HOPE such a scenario for MSG tomorrow. :D

as to why the souhtern tix are still available, i think many reasons. firstly, the populations there are simply not nearly as large as the north. secondly, not as many diehards. i am sure 10c knows their fanbase demographics. also, not playing any of the truly 'big cities' of the south. also, perhaps price, and NOT just of tickets...but gas/travel, etc. not al fans are willing to travel. also do not discount the fact that many jumped on bonaroo....an expensive proposition for many, and sure.....not much notice, getting time off work, etc. there are sooo many reasons.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Ok, now why are there still Camden tickets available. I mean at this time yesterday there were 3 threads started about why the South sucks and can't support Pearl Jam.
    This is hilarious, it makes all those people that were on here talking shit look pretty ignorant.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    Ok, now why are there still Camden tickets available. I mean at this time yesterday there were 3 threads started about why the South sucks and can't support Pearl Jam.
    This is hilarious, it makes all those people that were on here talking shit look pretty ignorant.

It's laughable. "This is how we do it"

Dumbasses.....what is it about these few yankees that are so ready to just spout off at the mouth with no regard for it coming back on them?
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    Did I hear that some of the shows are being cancelled from lack of ticket sales?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Drew263 wrote:

Dumbasses.....what is it about these few yankees that are so ready to just spout off at the mouth with no regard for it coming back on them?

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!
    And that is why my distaste for the NE is at an all time high. HAHAHAHA!
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Drew263 wrote:

dude, he's just a big Montell Jordan fan. what's wrong with that?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    over an hour later, and camden tix are STILL available! i am amazed! makes me more and more hopeful for the shows i plan/want to attend. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    abramowpabramowp Posts: 15
    mensane wrote:
    i am flying in from seattle for these shows. i suspect my 187*** will get me closer in west palm beach than it would in new york. it still amazes me that people look at a list of cities and choose to go where the most 10club members (and therefore worst seats) are.

i hear that!!! i'll see ya in florida! remember where our # got us in missoula? smaller markets that's the way to go.

as an fyi...shows sold through tm allow 10% of all tickets to go to fanclub seats.... soooo... if it is as small as 10,000 seats you still have 1,000 fan club tix... the venues pj are playing are larger than this which would indicate 1000+ 10c tix per show.

and if i recall correctly for 2003 the msg shows had several thousand 10c tix....they accomodated everyone that wanted to purchase them...

anyone else remember the index cards and money orders? geez. i appreciate online purchasing that's for sure!
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    dharma69 wrote:
    Exhibit A of the clueless posts catalogue.

You are aware that there's a recession going on, right? Whether or not the people in Washington suck it up, grab their balls and actually say the "R" word, make no mistake that there's not quite the same amount of money in most peoples' bank accounts for discretionary spending. I guess food and gas trump Stoney's pony.

And PJ's been more than well compensated for their work just fine.

The recession argument holds no water with me (and yes I believe there is a recession right now). If the recession is to blame, than ticket prices would be of no concern. Those who are in dire straits would not be able to afford tickets if they were $80 per pair. I stand by my statement that if you can't afford $148 to spend on tickets, you can't afford $100 either. Anyone who maxes out a credit card or takes food off of their table to travel and follow a band deserves to be part of the recession.

Many are looking to blame everyone else for this recession when it indeed has two portions of blame in the largest sector of the recession (The home/mortgage market). Half of the blame falls on the institutions offering loans to those unqualified and half of the blame goes to the individuals who spent beyond their means.

It is really a necessity to be much more long sighted when blaming a recession on people not being able to afford an extra $40 for concert tickets.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    redrock wrote:
    From what we see on the board, they don't go south very often either! Would have thought they would relish the opportunity and the tix would be snapped up!

People clearly are not reading from the beginning
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    The recession argument holds no water with me (and yes I believe there is a recession right now). If the recession is to blame, than ticket prices would be of no concern. Those who are in dire straits would not be able to afford tickets if they were $80 per pair. I stand by my statement that if you can't afford $148 to spend on tickets, you can't afford $100 either. Anyone who maxes out a credit card or takes food off of their table to travel and follow a band deserves to be part of the recession.

Many are looking to blame everyone else for this recession when it indeed has two portions of blame in the largest sector of the recession (The home/mortgage market). Half of the blame falls on the institutions offering loans to those unqualified and half of the blame goes to the individuals who spent beyond their means.

It is really a necessity to be much more long sighted when blaming a recession on people not being able to afford an extra $40 for concert tickets.

I agree with what you said concerning the recession but not the ticket prices. I think that extra $48 makes a difference. I posted earlier how in college for the 2000 tour i went to three shows for about $100. Now eight years later that would be $210. I would say it was easier for me to come up with $100 eight years ago v. coming up with $210 today (if i were a college student now).
  • Options
    Why the hell arent they going as fast as past tours? Are people not as interested? Whats the dillio?
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    3 years of relentless touring filters out the casual fans that would have gone maybe?>
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    maybe they should write a hit song.
  • Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    maybe it's because PJ sucks now. they need to grow their hair long and start making songs like jeremy and even flow again.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    DPrival78 wrote:
    maybe it's because PJ sucks now. they need to grow their hair long and start making songs like jeremy and even flow again.

yea and they need to start jumping up and down like crazy on stage while ed is climbing up random parts of the stage. :D
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    Why the hell arent they going as fast as past tours? Are people not as interested? Whats the dillio?

It just means you get a better seat.. the shows will sell out, maybe.. if not, its not the end of the world.. its not the 1990's anymore and a lot of people have lives now...they need new material too.. that might help..
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    jbalicki10jbalicki10 Posts: 517
    Easy, It was the way they announced the tour. I had a thread on it but people kept bashing me on it. I think a lot of people don't know about it yet.
  • Options
    maybe write a hit song?

or maybe less Bushleaguers.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    No new album?
    Loss of popularity?
    Ticket prices?
    Short time frame between announcement and onsale date?

Your guess is as good as mine. If Camden isn't sold out, maybe we won't see a second show?
  • Options
    DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Many reasons...

- Sudden announcement and prior engagements. Most bands pla their tour a good six months in advance and let the public know. It seemed like this time around PJ just scrambled at the last minute and decided to do a small tour with Bonarroo. I'm guessing it's so they can get a feeling for playing together again before they go into the studio.

- Not much hype surrounding the band this tour. They haven't released a new album or anything so the label is not promoting these shows much, or at all.

- Economics. The economy is in a recession, not matter what they say. Gas is at an all time high, as well as tix. Some people just probably cannot afford to pay $148 a pair then book hotel rooms and flights for the band's limited regional dates.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I don't care as long as MSG is this easy!!!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    just a presale...
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    yosi wrote:
    I don't care as long as MSG is this easy!!!

likewise :D

although you have more chance of winning the lottery than getting a "decent" ticket it would seem from reading the board recently!

how bad can a "bad" seat REALLY be though??
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    jbalicki10 wrote:
    Easy, It was the way they announced the tour. I had a thread on it but people kept bashing me on it. I think a lot of people don't know about it yet.

I think you hit it on the head. I don't know about everyone else, but i didn't even get an email. I just happen to visit the board from time to time and got real lucky.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,194
    Pearl Jam fans don't follow allocated disposable income when its tour time - we just go into debt. Recession = not a factor for 10c fans (IMO).

I think ticket prices are a larger factor. 2 pairs usually isn't too daunting since it's around $200 total. $300 for 2 pairs is daunting, especially if you need to sell one for each pair (I usually go with the notion that if someone buys it, good for me, but if not, oh well). $300 is a big "oh well" for 2 shows! (+ travel).
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22