Options

How come there are tickets still for sale??

Comments

• Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    ummmm yeah im officially out of the debate here for good reason :)
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    I got tix to Columbia, driving from Atlanta. I would go to Tampa if I could but Thursday night pretty much rules it out.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    could there be fanclub tix left b/c fans are away from the computer on vacation, maybe away for spring break?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    My guess is cause there are not as many fans down there. There is a reason Pearl Jam hasnt felt the need to visit South Florida in 7 years. I grew up in Miami and I have been to a ton of concerts down there and my mind was blown when I saw my first Concert in the Northeast. It is crazy how many more people LOVE there music up here! My guess is the WP show will not even sell out. But if it does, it will be like the week before the show.
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, Continental II (NJ)
    2008: Camden I & II, DC, MSG I & II (NYC), & EV: NYC II
    2009: Spectrum last 2 nights
    2012: EV: Orlando I & II, Ft. Lauderdale I
    2013: Brooklyn I & II
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale & Miami
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    voodoopug wrote:
    These shows didnt sell out in the first day because there is little demand for Rock music in Florida....Miami is the new "hip hop" capital of the US....the overwhelming majority of the population will not get excited over a Pearl Jam show. I also suspect the Ten Club Members from the South have long given up on their memberships due to inactivity and did not opt to travel to other parts of the country to see the band.

way to generalize an entire states population

cya in wpb ;)
  • Options
    UndyTakerUndyTaker Posts: 358
    Dollpartz wrote:

haha I know, right. Everyone knows Florida is only inhabited by old people who listen to only Frank Sinatra and the Glen Miller Orchestra.
    I shit and I stink. I'm real, join the club.

A friend, he called, I didn't mention a thing. The last thing he said was, "Be sound". Sound. I contemplated an awful thing, I hate to admit. I just thought those would be such appropriate last words. But I'm still here.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Dollpartz wrote:

cya in wpb ;)

You have to generalize when trying to make a big picture observation/judgement.

Cheers! see you in WPB.....look for my rental car parked between the 1995 Cadillac Coupe (see: Jack Klompus) and the 202 Hyundai Accent with the 21 inch spinning rims.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    PJfanJenPJfanJen Florence, SC formerly East Peoria, IL Posts: 58
    It isn't the price that bothers me, it's the location of the shows. I live in IL and have a husband and three year old child. I'd love to see them in Tampa, I've been there many times, but I need to get the time off work and find someone to watch my child. I want to see Pearl Jam!!!!!!
    1998--Alpine Valley, WI
    2000--Deer Creek Music Theater, Indianapolis, IN
    2003--U of I Assembly Hall, Champaign, IL
    2003--Alpine Valley, WI
    2006--United Center, Chicago
    2014--Moline, IL
    2016--Wrigley Show # 1
    2016--Wrigley Show # 2
    2020--Baltimore--Didn't happen
    2023--Chicago United Center Night 2
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 1
    2024--Chicago Wrigley Field Night 2
  • Options
    PJfanJen wrote:
    It isn't the price that bothers me, it's the location of the shows. I live in IL and have a husband and three year old child. I'd love to see them in Tampa, I've been there many times, but I need to get the time off work and find someone to watch my child. I want to see Pearl Jam!!!!!!

I have the same problem, as I also live in IL and have two children (age 2 and 3) and a lovely wife. Sadly, she will not be making the trip with me to WPB due to child care. I have instead turned the trip into a business trip and will call on clients the day before and after the show.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    So am i right in guessing all the negative posting people on here now think Virginia Beach sucks and doesn't deserve Pearl Jam shows because they haven't crashed the sight or sold out in 15 minutes??
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    PJfanJen wrote:

oooops, wrong post, sorry (backs out quietly) :)
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    so you live in Illinois, I guess that means that you drink too much beer, have a big gut and a cheesy moustache and like Da Bears? ;)

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bears
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    I have the same problem, as I also live in IL and have two children (age 2 and 3) and a lovely wife. Sadly, she will not be making the trip with me to WPB due to child care. I have instead turned the trip into a business trip and will call on clients the day before and after the show.

THIS is the post I wanted....

so since you live in Illinois, can I assume that you drink too much beer, have a big gut and a cheesy mustache and like Da Bears? ;)
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bears

i knew it!!!

picturing mike myers, john candy, jim belushi, chris farley, etc......lol
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    You have to generalize when trying to make a big picture observation/judgement.

Cheers! see you in WPB.....look for my rental car parked between the 1995 Cadillac Coupe (see: Jack Klompus) and the 202 Hyundai Accent with the 21 inch spinning rims.

OMG Hilarious! That damn Jack Klompus and his pen that writes upside down!
    1998-07-10 San Diego
    1998-07-11 Las Vegas
    2000-10-22 Las Vegas
    2000-10-25 San Diego
    2003-06-05 San Diego
    2006-07-06 Las Vegas
    2006-07-07 San Diego

http://www.myspace.com/roccondiego
  • Options
    OMG Hilarious! That damn Jack Klompus and his pen that writes upside down!

take the pen!!!!
  • Options
    I've seen them in Raleigh, Va Beach, DC, Boston and Maryland.

The Southern shows though great for me, have nothing on the Boston shows. I think there are just more pj fans up here.

I never knew many at all back in Virginia, and they were gone from the radio after 98.
    9/7/98, 8/3/00, 9/4/00, 4/15/03, 7/1/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 5/24/06, 5/25/06, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 5/17/10, 10/15/13, 10/16/13.
  • Options
    Dollpartz wrote:
    i knew it!!!

picturing mike myers, john candy, jim belushi, chris farley, etc......lol

John Candy is from Canada, and Mike Myers is also (but we claim his alter ego Pat Arnold from the Superfans).

One of the best skits of all time.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    what's wrong with all the people who have to be all down on the south, even in 'humor'......? seriously. it's sad.

i WISH i could hit up these shows! i said that to hubby from the get go! i think the SC and VB shows in particular, for whatever reason. less 10c members, closer seats! beautiful! i am so HAPPY for all the southerners to finally get some WELL-deserved shows! so, there obviously are fewer pj fans down south, also, smaller populations.sso what? there ARE some hard-core fans down there.....so i am glad they get some pj love. these shows dates just do not work with my schedule...otherwise i would sooooooo be there! i think anyone doing real ttraveling for shows would be wise to hit up some southern dates, especially if you have an eh 10c #.....i think pretty sweet seats to be had. besides, shows are what you make of em....and if you give back to the band, they'll put on a kick-ass show.

ENJOY!

furthest south i will be going is the DC show.....otherwise, my hometown shows in NYC with everyone from all over, and that's if i am lucky! :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    what's wrong with all the people who have to be all down on the south, even in 'humor'......? seriously. it's sad.

i WISH i could hit up these shows! i said that to hubby from the get go! i think the SC and VB shows in particular, for whatever reason. less 10c members, closer seats! beautiful! i am so HAPPY for all the southerners to finally get some WELL-deserved shows! so, there obviously are fewer pj fans down south, also, smaller populations.sso what? there ARE some hard-core fans down there.....so i am glad they get some pj love. these shows dates just do not work with my schedule...otherwise i would sooooooo be there! i think anyone doing real ttraveling for shows would be wise to hit up some southern dates, especially if you have an eh 10c #.....i think pretty sweet seats to be had. besides, shows are what you make of em....and if you give back to the band, they'll put on a kick-ass show.

ENJOY!

furthest south i will be going is the DC show.....otherwise, my hometown shows in NYC with everyone from all over, and that's if i am lucky! :)

Well said.
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602

ENJOY!

Well said and I completely agree with you. I met some great people in Boston, Toronto, and at the Gorge...so the close minded people that won't come down (that have the ability this particuliar time) don't know what they could be missing.

Don't complain about shows not selling out if you aren't buying tickets to those shows.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Niko80 wrote:
    They sold 30,000 tickets for Arnhem in 2006.
    The year after, they sold 65,000 tickets for Nijmegen. Nijmegen and Arnhem are practically the same place!

I think pearl jam does very well in Europe! Copenhagen sold out in minutes also. I am now talking public sales, not 10c presales.

I was agreeing with you.

My point it that they dont tour there every year, so its more likely that tickets would sell out faster for Euro shows.

Plus, several of those Euro shows were festivals, making the regular shows with 10c club seating even more in demand.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    My point it that they dont tour there every year, so its more likely that tickets would sell out faster for Euro shows..
    From what we see on the board, they don't go south very often either! Would have thought they would relish the opportunity and the tix would be snapped up!
  • Options
    smithnicsmithnic Posts: 1,559
    I am just amzed there are tickets to all these shows still! I don't know what it means, but I cannot believe there are tickets available to all the shows a day later!
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    smithnic wrote:
    I am just amzed there are tickets to all these shows still! I don't know what it means, but I cannot believe there are tickets available to all the shows a day later!

I really believe it is because of the ticket prices. I think there are more people upset with the cost then there are that are fine with it. I am not trying to start another argument, just stating what i think the reason is.
  • Options
    I really believe it is because of the ticket prices. I think there are more people upset with the cost then there are that are fine with it. I am not trying to start another argument, just stating what i think the reason is.

It's only (an really it is only) $20 or so more than in 2005... It's just really interesting
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    I really believe it is because of the ticket prices.
    Well.. if that is the real reason, we can then expect the same kind of lethargy when MSG goes on sale. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Jersey is sold out...
    Go Get 'Em Tigers!
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    They either have a big alotment of tickets to these shows or there just isn't the demand for the area. How can the shows from yesterday not be sold out? And the shows on sale today didn't go very quick. I'm surprised Camden didn't go quick. This realyl makes it hard for people that want to go but can't.......I can't use the excuse that they are sold out to make me feel better!!!! :)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    I really believe it is because of the ticket prices..
    redrock wrote:
    Well.. if that is the real reason, we can then expect the same kind of lethargy when MSG goes on sale. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Forgot about Camden before MSG.

Well.. that debunked your theory. Less than 10 minutes in the sale, tickets are 'temporarily out of stock'. Price doesn't seem to be the issue.