Options

How come there are tickets still for sale??

Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
edited March 2008 in The Porch
What's wrong with you people??
Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Read the "cost of tickets" threads and you will get an idea.
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Its really disappointing that fans refuse to buy tickets because of a small increase. Pearl Jam has worked tirelessly for their fans and deserves to be compensated
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    yokeyoke Posts: 1,440
    they are still for sale because I can only buy one pair. If I could I would get more.
    Thats a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?

www.seanbrady.net
  • Options
    LUV2ROCKLUV2ROCK Posts: 140
    Because they took away the live cd bootlegs :(
    73,XXX

Member since day 1 here in August 2003
  • Options
    is that really why they are not sold out?

isn't it normal for concerts not to sell out first day?

seems weird

maybe there just isn't much demand
  • Options
    also, the venues that went on sale today are not the strongest Pearl Jam Markets. A better gauge of interest will be present when MSG goes on sale
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    voodoopug wrote:
    Its really disappointing that fans refuse to buy tickets because of a small increase. Pearl Jam has worked tirelessly for their fans and deserves to be compensated

Please keep these arguments in the ticket prices threads. The last thing we need is yet another ticket argument/ass kissing
  • Options
    Or is everyone waiting for the Gorge??
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    voodoopug wrote:

you cannot be serious about this post. there is no way in hell.

maybe people aren't refusing to buy them but instead CAN'T AFFORD THEM!!!

it's not a small increase. tix in 2003 were $40. now they're $70. no big deal to me personally, but I bet it is to a lot of people.

and as for saying "they deserve to be compensated"........wow. you sound like a lawyer in one of those "Have you or anybody you know ever been hurt in a car accident and feel you're entitled to money damages?" commercials.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    no need for personal attacks, I merely gave my opinion on the question asked by the thread starter. I certainly believe the new ticket prices are appropriate and others are free to disagree, and thats fine by me. The mods do a great job of allowing us to express our opinions freely on this board and I will continue to do just that. In the end, those who attend the shows will overwhelmingly have a great time and those that choose not to will have their reasons.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    It very likely has to do with ther number of fan club tickets to each show. It's very likely we are back to the numbers we had in 03'.
  • Options
    I don't get it
    Red Lukin wrote:
    It very likely has to do with ther number of fan club tickets to each show. It's very likely we are back to the numbers we had in 03'.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    Well..these shows probable don't have the same 10C impact. Not sure how they sold in the past (10c tix). Anyone know? As well, there aren't nearly as many fans that travel into these shows I suspect. But who knows. Really hard to believe that it would be ticket price, but who knows. These costs are near to the Canadian tour prices I think, and that was 3 years ago. As well, take the time to look at the costs for all the artists out there, and you'll see that it isn't that bad. Anways..sorry..this belongs in another thread, so I digress.
  • Options
    Beacuse that please play the south petition was signed by the same 12 people 8 thousand times each.
  • Options
    I don't get it

From the other posts here these last few days it seems that several members have let their membership lapse and there are less active ten club members than there were during the last US tour, no?
  • Options
    maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I'm betting MSG tix will not last long.....at all.

Like someone else said, maybe SC & FL aren't the biggest PJ markets.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • Options
    I don't get it

My bad. Likely there are more TC tix available compared to 06'.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,809
    Beacuse that please play the south petition was signed by the same 12 people 8 thousand times each.
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......

thats the fucking truth.....

the day they finally put that thread to death....

im gonna do 143 fucking backflips..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    My bad. Likely there are more TC tix available compared to 06'.

that would make sense too.
  • Options
    ooo I see

well then we are talking about fan club members not fan club tix, right?

Red Lukin wrote:
  • Options
    ooo I see

well then we are talking about fan club members not fan club tix, right?

Edit: I did say tix...you're confusing me.
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    voodoopug wrote:
    From the other posts here these last few days it seems that several members have let their membership lapse and there are less active ten club members than there were during the last US tour, no?

I'm pretty sure that the policy allowing a small grace period, instead of an indefinite one has made an impact. I know of a few people here locally that had it happen after the Canadian tour, and they thought they could always get their number back. And now they are in the 400XXX block or out of luck period because they let it lapse.

I learned my lesson back in the day. I had a 123 or 124XXX number and let it lapse and then couldn't locate any documentation with my old number on it, so when they moved to their present system, it wasn't on record. So I lost it and now sit with a 324XXX number. Tis sad, but well earned! hahah
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    People simply refuse to believe that these are HUGE venues, and 10 C has plenty of tix, and also, makes the best effor to get tix to members even when they dont have tix....

I said all along these will be easier to get.....people dont listen.

for the 05 and 06 tours, the tickets lasted a few days each, with the exception of a couple of shows.

Remember, these are fan club tickets.....only fan club members can purchase.

These are not VIC tickets or Ed solo tours where only a few hundred are available.

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF TICKETS FOR THESE SHOWS.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    are numbers updated if you never lapse

If I am now 50 can I move down to 49, if 49 gives up on pj?

PLEASE SAY YESSSSS

sward wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the policy allowing a small grace period, instead of an indefinite one has made an impact. I know of a few people here locally that had it happen after the Canadian tour, and they thought they could always get their number back. And now they are in the 400XXX block or out of luck period because they let it lapse.

I learned my lesson back in the day. I had a 123 or 124XXX number and let it lapse and then couldn't locate any documentation with my old number on it, so when they moved to their present system, it wasn't on record. So I lost it and now sit with a 324XXX number. Tis sad, but well earned! hahah
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,508
    macci wrote:

Like someone else said, maybe SC & FL aren't the biggest PJ markets.

i didn't truly believe that until now.

maybe why tickets are higher too is because they know they won't sell. and they need their money.

all about the buck buck buck! *easter bunny*
    :)
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    higher than?
    i didn't truly believe that until now.

maybe why tickets are higher too is because they know they won't sell. and they need their money.

all about the buck buck buck! *easter bunny*
    :)
  • Options
    ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    i say cancel the south shows and move them to msg.. should make sense
    Some die just to live
  • Options
    are numbers updated if you never lapse

If I am now 50 can I move down to 49, if 49 gives up on pj?

PLEASE SAY YESSSSS

Yes you should get closer each year : )
  • Options
    voodoopug wrote:
    also, the venues that went on sale today are not the strongest Pearl Jam Markets. A better gauge of interest will be present when MSG goes on sale

Its not a good sign that they didnt sell out today though. Even the new Guns N Roses sells out MSG but their other shows are half full in the U.S. There simply more people in the NYC area therefore demand is higher, but if you ask me the true gauge of interest is the small markets.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    Its not a good sign that they didnt sell out today though. Even the new Guns N Roses sells out MSG but their other shows are half full in the U.S. There simply more people in the NYC area therefore demand is higher, but if you ask me the true gauge of interest is the small markets.

Are you people serious???
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission