Options

How come there are tickets still for sale??

Comments

• Options
    beachdwellerbeachdweller Posts: 1,532
    What's wrong with you people??

no new album since last tour would be my first guess, plus bad economy, probably not as many people hitting many many shows, lol.
    "Music, for me, was fucking heroin." eV (nothing Ed has said is more true for me personally than this quote)

Stop by:
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=14678777351&ref=mf
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    i would buy a pair to every show if only the tour was on the west.

SEE! you southerners complained and now you get a bunch of shows, yet theres still tix!
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    sliversliver Posts: 74
    But...prices are lower than Euro 2008.
    i've payed london tickets 180$...how much 2006 USA tickets?
    Faithful, to you
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I know. People are seriously crazy.

they do realize that this is a FANCLUB sale, correct?

MOST of the population arent crazy fanclub members like we are.

the tickets will sell out.....when they go ONSALE. Chicago in 06 was available for a few days, and they still announced a second show...while the first still had available tickets.....

Yeah, really. This one happened really quickly. Pearl Jam is definitely not on the radar right now for a lot of people. There is no new album in the near future. They didn't tour last year and haven't ventured south in quite some time. Plus, most summer tours have been announced around this time so I imagine a lot of people's memberships expire in Feb/March. Fortunately, I stumbled into the message pit to see the initial 'Tweet'. I saw my buddy at the bar on the 19th and I said, "I think PJ might be announcing a tour, I would renew your membership ASAP". Luckily, he renewed right before midnight. He was literally minutes from being excluded.
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    I was shut out of a few shows. First I got shut out of the Cleveland show. I also got shut out of Boston 2 but got lucky when they released a couple of extra pairs a couple of days later. And I got shut out of the Vic, Irving Plaza and the Borgota shows.
    Also without anyone getting to crazy you must realize that Pearl Jam aren't as big as they once were. The were much bigger in '98 than they are now.
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    pj23yanks wrote:
    I was shut out of a few shows. First I got shut out of the Cleveland show. I also got shut out of Boston 2 but got lucky when they released a couple of extra pairs a couple of days later. And I got shut out of the Vic, Irving Plaza and the Borgota shows.
    Also without anyone getting to crazy you must realize that Pearl Jam aren't as big as they once were. The were much bigger in '98 than they are now.

so me getting msg ticks for both nights wont be a problem??? ;)

sweet, thanks
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    maybe that "10% goes to 10club tickets only" .. is not true & pj included more then that per show now? i don't know. but i'm so tempted in getting those fl show's. i so want to go to walt disney sometime in my life, when i'm down there. love cartoons with a passion! :p

next time florida! ;)
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    pj23yanks wrote:
    . And I got shut out of the Vic, Irving Plaza and the Borgota shows.

There was no 10c sale for Irving. If you wanted to go you had to wait outside Tower Records, like I did for 30 hours.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    i will make a logical deduction.........everyone is waiting to purchase tickets to the northeast shows. once the tickets are sold out, in the northeast, then everyone will purchase the southern shows.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Have all the tickets that went on sale today sold then?
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    aus_suz wrote:
    nothing has been on sale yet.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

nothing went on sale yet. Camden should be very telling.

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    nothing went on sale yet. Camden should be very telling.

I thought ticket sales started today...
  • Options
    I thought it was Tampa Florida and Columba perhaps with time zones they havent yet then?
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:
    I thought it was Tampa Florida and Columba perhaps with time zones they havent yet then?
    That was yesterday.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

no those went on sale yesterday and are still available.

• Options
    Drew263Drew263 Birmingham, AL Posts: 602
    I'm deeply saddened that I can only go to Columbia. I really want to go to Tampa but that would make me out of town 3 times in a week and I just can't afford it.

I'm hoping for more shows..please play Atlanta.
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    they went on sale yesterday... and all 3 shows are still there for the killing...
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

4Powers20 wrote:
    no those went on sale yesterday and are still available.

So in another 2 and half hours its Camden Virginia Beach and DC?

I think Australia is 18hrs behind....LOL...

So u think those tickets didnt sell yesterday cos the fan bases are smaller there less 10c members in those areas???
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

So u think those tickets didnt sell yesterday cos the fan bases are smaller there less 10c members in those areas???

Tickets never sell out right away, except for smaller shows and MSG usually.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    aus_suz wrote:

yes....and once 10c members get shut out of the show they want to attend, then the florida shows will sell out of 10c tickets.
  • Options
    Or is everyone waiting for the Gorge??
    i know that i am, but camden and msg are the shows for me!
    Small my table, seats just 3, its not crowded, its just lucky me
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    These shows didnt sell out in the first day because there is little demand for Rock music in Florida....Miami is the new "hip hop" capital of the US....the overwhelming majority of the population will not get excited over a Pearl Jam show. I also suspect the Ten Club Members from the South have long given up on their memberships due to inactivity and did not opt to travel to other parts of the country to see the band.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    I did my part and got a pair for Columbia. I'm driving down from Raleigh, NC. Haven't seen the band since 2003 in Tampa/West Palm. The tickets are more expensive but hey I haven't seen them in 5 years so I've save an extra $25 in that time.
    "He who forgets will be destined to remember."
  • Options
    I did my part and will be flying in for one day to see the show in West Palm Beach.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    danicus007 wrote:
    I did my part and got a pair for Columbia. I'm driving down from Raleigh, NC. Haven't seen the band since 2003 in Tampa/West Palm. The tickets are more expensive but hey I haven't seen them in 5 years so I've save an extra $25 in that time.
    you do not actually same $25.......you just get to spend the $25 on something else.....well, that is how i view it for myself.
  • Options
    _Hockey_Mom_Hockey_Mom Posts: 105
    Not sure if this has been said already, BUT.... here's my thoughts...

...unless you are a regular lurker at message pit you would have had zero advance notice to get your memberships in order and some may have expired...

...also, this last weekend was a holiday weekend, so many people that only access their computers at work are just finding out about thing today...

...and the fact that there was apparently some sort of delivery error from 10C in regards to emailing the tour info may have played a role...

...and lastly... THEY"RE NOT PLAYING THE RIGHT VENUES.... IF THESE WERE VENUES IN CANADA THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN SERVERS CRASHING LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE TO NOT ONLY SELL OUT THE SHOWS, BUT TO GIVE PEOPLE MORE TO B!TCH ABOUT!!! LOL...

JUST MY INSIGNIFICANT THOUGHTS!
    Edmonton ~ September 2005 (Thanks for the tambourine Eddie!!!)
    Gorge ~ July 22, 2006
    Gorge ~ July 23, 2006
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 2, 2008
    EV ~ Vancouver, April 3, 2008
    Calgary ~ August 8, 2009
    Calgary ~ September 21, 2011
    Edmonton ~ September 23, 2011 ... and hopefully more soon!
  • Options
    Beacuse that please play the south petition was signed by the same 12 people 8 thousand times each.

:):):):)
  • Options
    I see no legitimate reason why people cannot keep their memberships up to date. IF it is impossible to gather $20 with one years notice, you have no business going to concerts and should be in 24 hour financial counseling.
  • Options
    Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,563
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    to me, thats a different story.

they tour there every five years, so its no wonder those would sell out quickly.

They sold 30,000 tickets for Arnhem in 2006.
    The year after, they sold 65,000 tickets for Nijmegen. Nijmegen and Arnhem are practically the same place!

I think pearl jam does very well in Europe! Copenhagen sold out in minutes also. I am now talking public sales, not 10c presales.
    I will swallow poison