*** Toronto Fanviews Here 8/21/09 ***

Comments

• Renee33Renee33 Posts: 128
    mikeyb46 wrote:
    That show was amazing , the opening for me was a huge highlight , i really liked mike's song & ed & jeff playing bee girl , the iggy pop cover was tight too ,

i really wished they would have put the real me & love regin over me in the set , but im not complaning it was a amazing night & the old classic's like black , alive & porch where the best i've ever herd them played

Know what you mean - after absorbing the memories of the show for a couple days I can't get over how the band still feeds off the crowd, and the crowd pumps em back up even more. Porch reminded me of the Cornice dvd with Ed starting it out. The Who tunes wouldve been great - pulled em both out in Chi!!?? We couldve used at least one - I thought they may have closed it out with Baba or Love Reign O'er Me...but no such luck..seemed to end suddenly. I dont even remember the band giving a group bow at this one?

All in all a super show - start planning for '10 tour. Unless I can pull of one of the Philly shows -that would be awesome to see them wrap up the spectrum!
    Dancing in irreverence
  • MinouMinou Posts: 99
    Toronto, August 21st ,was my very first Pearl Jam concert. I've been a fan for about 16 years and never saw them live until Friday night. I practically ran home to join this club so that I can get better seats next time and the time after that. It was an amazing, amazing show. 'Danced for 2.5 hours and it felt like 15 minutes.

Help, I'm obsessed with Pearl Jam and I can't get enough!
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    Minou wrote:
    Toronto, August 21st ,was my very first Pearl Jam concert. I've been a fan for about 16 years and never saw them live until Friday night. I practically ran home to join this club so that I can get better seats next time and the time after that. It was an amazing, amazing show. 'Danced for 2.5 hours and it felt like 15 minutes.

Help, I'm obsessed with Pearl Jam and I can't get enough!

ah shit! you're in trouble now! ;)

welcome to the crazy bin. :D
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • MinouMinou Posts: 99

ah shit! you're in trouble now! ;)

welcome to the crazy bin. :D

Thank you.

I've been obsessed with Nirvana for the past several years and it's SO GREAT to be in love with a band I can actually see live! Imagine that!
  • the show was good, but thats it in my opinion...just good... i've seen sooo many better shows than this by these guys. I'm not sure if it was the seats, the crowd, or the band. I love these guys so much, but the energy wasn't there. I have a feeling it was the 10c section we were placed in. As far right in the 200's as you can get, I think I prefer a more interior seat so the crowd is all around us to give a full effect. I'm just used to almost not being able to even hear the band play cause the crowd is so loud, but It wasn't like that tonight. I have to blame it on the seats, cause I really don't want it to be that 10clubbers are mellowing out, or the band for that matter either. They played soo amazing though, but maybe cause we were on Stone's side, it just seemed pretty slow paced up on stage too. Ed jumped a couple of times but stayed pretty attached to the stand all night, and just seemed tired or something. The set list was great, probably the best set I've seen, but as far as stage and crowd I just hope It's better next time. You can flame away, I'm just stating how I felt. It seems like everyone else really loved it though, which is great I'm very happy for those who loved it. So like I said I'm just going to blame it on where we were sitting. :?

peace
    looking up...wondering if there is anything that you cannot do....
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,667
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLKy0kq-Uc

Someone put Porch up on youtube
  • tsaraxtsarax Posts: 245
    the show was good, but thats it in my opinion...just good... i've seen sooo many better shows than this by these guys. I'm not sure if it was the seats, the crowd, or the band. I love these guys so much, but the energy wasn't there. I have a feeling it was the 10c section we were placed in. As far right in the 200's as you can get, I think I prefer a more interior seat so the crowd is all around us to give a full effect. I'm just used to almost not being able to even hear the band play cause the crowd is so loud, but It wasn't like that tonight. I have to blame it on the seats, cause I really don't want it to be that 10clubbers are mellowing out, or the band for that matter either. They played soo amazing though, but maybe cause we were on Stone's side, it just seemed pretty slow paced up on stage too. Ed jumped a couple of times but stayed pretty attached to the stand all night, and just seemed tired or something. The set list was great, probably the best set I've seen, but as far as stage and crowd I just hope It's better next time. You can flame away, I'm just stating how I felt. It seems like everyone else really loved it though, which is great I'm very happy for those who loved it. So like I said I'm just going to blame it on where we were sitting. :?

peace

It had to be your seats. Although this show certainly wasn't my favorite (I was at Buffalo '03 and Hartford '08), I don't think I have ever heard the crowd as loud as they were on Friday. Crazy loud. So loud I could barely hear Eddie singing. I was in section 202 (more in the interior), so I do think it must have been your seats.
    05-02-03 Buffalo; 07-12-03 Hershey; 09-13-05 Hamilton; 09-19-05 Toronto; 05-10-06 Toronto; 06-27-08 Hartford; 08-21-09 Toronto; 05-09-10 Cleveland; 05-10-10 Buffalo; 09-11-11 Toronto; 09-15-11 Hamilton; 07-16-13 London; 05-10-16 Toronto
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    tsarax wrote:
    the show was good, but thats it in my opinion...just good... i've seen sooo many better shows than this by these guys. I'm not sure if it was the seats, the crowd, or the band. I love these guys so much, but the energy wasn't there. I have a feeling it was the 10c section we were placed in. As far right in the 200's as you can get, I think I prefer a more interior seat so the crowd is all around us to give a full effect. I'm just used to almost not being able to even hear the band play cause the crowd is so loud, but It wasn't like that tonight. I have to blame it on the seats, cause I really don't want it to be that 10clubbers are mellowing out, or the band for that matter either. They played soo amazing though, but maybe cause we were on Stone's side, it just seemed pretty slow paced up on stage too. Ed jumped a couple of times but stayed pretty attached to the stand all night, and just seemed tired or something. The set list was great, probably the best set I've seen, but as far as stage and crowd I just hope It's better next time. You can flame away, I'm just stating how I felt. It seems like everyone else really loved it though, which is great I'm very happy for those who loved it. So like I said I'm just going to blame it on where we were sitting. :?

peace

It had to be your seats. Although this show certainly wasn't my favorite (I was at Buffalo '03 and Hartford '08), I don't think I have ever heard the crowd as loud as they were on Friday. Crazy loud. So loud I could barely hear Eddie singing. I was in section 202 (more in the interior), so I do think it must have been your seats.

I agree that it must have been your seats . . and I strongly disagree that the band didn't have energy . . . did you watch the same show as us ;) Mikey was an animal ALL NIGHT LONG, all over the stage, Eddie couldn't stop moving either . . . Stone had is usual "reserved" energy, and Jeff and Matt were crazy all night too . . .

I do feel that the venue and seats have a huge impact on how much you'll enjoy the show, so perhaps, unfortunately, it was your seats and the combination of fans around you that detracted from your enjoyment . . . I was in 202 as well, row N on the aisle closer to Stone's side . . . and I had an amazing time.

Sorry it wasn't all it could have been, but that's the way it goes with randomly assigned seats sometimes. Hopefully you'll have better luck at the next show. Keep believin'!!!!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • nevmilesnevmiles Posts: 1,363
    MayDay10 wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsLKy0kq-Uc

Someone put Porch up on youtube

Amazing version . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,027
    Not sure if this person is on the board but thanks for posting these:

Sugar Mountain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIC5I20a7XA
    Needle and the Damage Done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_A6N0AUvE4

Quality of these is so good.
  • Hawk123 wrote:
    Not sure if this person is on the board but thanks for posting these:

Sugar Mountain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIC5I20a7XA
    Needle and the Damage Done - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_A6N0AUvE4

Quality of these is so good.

Yeah, he is on the boards...he's posted a bunch of realy good videos From night 1 chicago...
  • well those videos are hard to follow but if anyone is interested...i`ve posted mine here http://www.youtube.com/user/mstrfrck they`re just clips and please excuse some of the shakiness, had quite a few drunk people lovingly walk into me as they jumped rows.
    i'll ride the wave...
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Another awesome show :)
    Great 10C tix as always…sec 102 row P….I was supposed to say hi to my neighbour, but forgot that I can’t search by username here anymore (and I’m not sure about spaces/caps etc)…if you’re reading…hi! :lol:
    Highlights for me were Lukin/Not For You, Faithfull, Brain of J, Black (DID we belong together?), and Of the Girl (tho I wasn’t at my seat yet).
    I missed the pre-set, so I’m going to pretend it never happened…
    The band had pretty good energy, but I noticed that Stone was nowhere near as animated as he was in Calgary….
    In retrospect, yes, the encores could have been better, but I would never complain about that.… I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the sound….sounded great to my ears.
  • For me, this was by far my most memorable gig I have been too. I got front row, Stone Gossard's side. I brought my mom to this gig, it was here first concert ever. She was in heaven. Vedder even gave me a tambourine. He was pointing at me, telling me that he wants to give me his tambourine and I just stood there in shock and owe, as everyone was telling me to grab it, I moved forward to get his toss and the guy next to me, that we were having a great time with all concert snagged it off me. Everyone was saying that's your tambourine, that's your tambourine. I looked at the fool and he said sorry buddy and shrugged his shoulders. I leaned over and said"your lucky, I am giving it to you" I wasn't going to ruin my unbelievable night over a tambourine. Get this!! 2 minutes later, right at the end of the RTFW.....Vedder throws out the two last tambourines that he had, out of the eight he was given. One took a weird flop and I ended up snagging it.....My mind was blown at that point. Everyone, for the next 10 minutes were giving high fives and saying you deserved that, the girl behind me said, that's Karma for you. The whole night was just so surreal, from getting the front row tickets, right down to the fluke tambourine grab at the end. Thanks Pearl Jam, from the bottom of my heart.
  • jz284377 wrote:
    First of all, thanks to the tenclub for the AMAZING SEATS. We were lucky enough to be given the best seats, front row, seats 1 and 2. It was truly an awesome show and had us screaming all night. I never thought I'd ever be that close to a show and it was beyond any expectations, thanks again tenclub. The show couldn't have been any better and ended off most memorable as I caught a tambourine from Ed himself during rockin' in the free world (one of both mine and my girlfriend's favorites). Cheers to the two guys sitting beside me who also sang and rocked throughout the show, one of which also caught a tambourine.

Also, to the girl who took my picture with my girlfriend and the other dude with the tambourine at the end of the night in front of the stage, I would love to get a copy of that for my personal keepsake. please contact me.

Cheers, and what an great show.

Hello all.............this guy that stats that he caught a tambourine from Ed, actually was intended for me personally from Ed. I just got lucky catching the last one. I am the guy that was next to him,l and the guy that he took the picture with that had the other tambourine.

Sorry, but this guy was great all night..........but I found out that in the end he was a serious douche bag.

I wish Vedder would of seen what went down.

Thanks again, Ten Club.
  • mad love for the jam...personally i loved the set, i like the yield respect and loved hearing brain of j....also loved the mix from slow to rockin with somgs like the opener (amazing uncle neil feel) of a girl, wishlist and elderly woman behind the counter in a small town...all songs you can rock too but sing along as well...one thing i need to know and can anyone help...does ten club still allow us to download the concerts? what happened to the bootlegs and how come i can't access them???
  • the show was good, but thats it in my opinion...just good... i've seen sooo many better shows than this by these guys. I'm not sure if it was the seats, the crowd, or the band. I love these guys so much, but the energy wasn't there. I have a feeling it was the 10c section we were placed in. As far right in the 200's as you can get, I think I prefer a more interior seat so the crowd is all around us to give a full effect. I'm just used to almost not being able to even hear the band play cause the crowd is so loud, but It wasn't like that tonight. I have to blame it on the seats, cause I really don't want it to be that 10clubbers are mellowing out, or the band for that matter either. They played soo amazing though, but maybe cause we were on Stone's side, it just seemed pretty slow paced up on stage too. Ed jumped a couple of times but stayed pretty attached to the stand all night, and just seemed tired or something. The set list was great, probably the best set I've seen, but as far as stage and crowd I just hope It's better next time. You can flame away, I'm just stating how I felt. It seems like everyone else really loved it though, which is great I'm very happy for those who loved it. So like I said I'm just going to blame it on where we were sitting. :?

peace

you're bang on with SOME of the crowd being douches, and some of the crowd like myself also being a douche...i had somebird sitting in front of me who sat the whole freakin show and left early!!!! LEFT that show EARLY!!! hopefully it was on account of me :D and you weren't on the ten club side, it was in front of me, i was section 400 mikeys side and people said earlier in posts that if your energy feeds the band the band will feed u...i'm a firm believer and i do believe ed thanked me/us at the end...its good to be appreciated and we appreciate them, my advice to you for next time is sit near mike
  • jz284377 wrote:
    First of all, thanks to the tenclub for the AMAZING SEATS. We were lucky enough to be given the best seats, front row, seats 1 and 2. It was truly an awesome show and had us screaming all night. I never thought I'd ever be that close to a show and it was beyond any expectations, thanks again tenclub. The show couldn't have been any better and ended off most memorable as I caught a tambourine from Ed himself during rockin' in the free world (one of both mine and my girlfriend's favorites). Cheers to the two guys sitting beside me who also sang and rocked throughout the show, one of which also caught a tambourine.

Also, to the girl who took my picture with my girlfriend and the other dude with the tambourine at the end of the night in front of the stage, I would love to get a copy of that for my personal keepsake. please contact me.

Hello all.............this guy that stats that he caught a tambourine from Ed, actually was intended for me personally from Ed. I just got lucky catching the last one. I am the guy that was next to him,l and the guy that he took the picture with that had the other tambourine.

Sorry, but this guy was great all night..........but I found out that in the end he was a serious douche bag.

Thanks again, Ten Club.

Hey there,
    well my girlfriend was right there beside you at the time and she thought the whole time that Ed was pointing to her. Just because Ed threw a tambourine in your direction doesn't mean that it is yours. I was two seats away from you when it was thrown and the tambourine just happened to end up right in front of me. What would you have done? give it back? not likely. Did you go to the person who Ed threw the tambourine you caught and give it back to them? probably not. I even went out of my way in my message to say how awesome it was to watch the show with you and you go ahead and call me a douche bag. I think I deserved every bit of being honored to catch that tambourine.

Btw I think Ed would have been honored to see someone who had such a great time and was a great fan would catch the tambourine. Please don't call someone a douche, that's not being very nice.
    Thanks ten club
  • jz284377 wrote:
    jz284377 wrote:

Thanks again, Ten Club.

Hey there,
    well my girlfriend was right there beside you at the time and she thought the whole time that Ed was pointing to her. Just because Ed threw a tambourine in your direction doesn't mean that it is yours. I was two seats away from you when it was thrown and the tambourine just happened to end up right in front of me. What would you have done? give it back? not likely. Did you go to the person who Ed threw the tambourine you caught and give it to them? probably not. I even went out of my way in my message to say how awesome it was to watch the show with you and you go ahead and call me a douche bag. I think I deserved every bit of being honored to catch that tambourine.

Btw I think Ed would have been honored to see someone who had such a great time and was a great fan would catch the tambourine. Please don't call someone a douche, that's not being very nice.
    Thanks ten club

I was section 102, row B seats 1 & 2. So, I saw this all go down. Long-haired guy, whichever poster you are, the tambourine was meant for you. I felt happy for you when you caught the second one. Also, don't worry, Ed saw the guy snag it from you, trust me, I saw his facial expression. Glad you caught the second one!

As for the show, it was my second PJ show. I saw them May 10th, 2006. That was my first concert, it was awesome. This one topped it BY FAR. I can say with confidence, this was the best night of my life. Highlights for me: Brain of J, Lukin/NFY, FAITHFULL!!! and how the crowd got into Black near the end. it sounded and felt perfect. I knew this was going to be a good show right when they came out with that rockin version of Of the Girl.

Thanks 10C for the AMAZING seats! Now just waiting on the boots to relive that day over and over.
    2006 Toronto II
    2008 Toronto II (EV)
    2009 Toronto
    2010 Cleveland, Buffalo,
    2011 Detroit (EV), East Troy I and II, Montreal, Toronto I and II, Hamilton
    2012 Philadelphia
  • BIG MISUNDERSTANDING THEN, my apologies. Cheers.
  • BubbaDogBubbaDog Posts: 21
    I thought energy was good and 10C seats were good and highlights included I am Mine, Severed Hand and Given to Fly (always good).
    Rochester 94
    Mansfield 1 08
    Eddie Boston 1 08
    Toronto 09
    Philly 3 09
    Buffalo 2010
    MSG 2 2010
    Hamilton 2011
    Buffalo 2013
  • lukin420lukin420 Posts: 80
    edited August 2009
    For me, this was by far my most memorable gig I have been too. I got front row, Stone Gossard's side. I brought my mom to this gig, it was here first concert ever. She was in heaven. Vedder even gave me a tambourine. He was pointing at me, telling me that he wants to give me his tambourine and I just stood there in shock and owe, as everyone was telling me to grab it, I moved forward to get his toss and the guy next to me, that we were having a great time with all concert snagged it off me. Everyone was saying that's your tambourine, that's your tambourine. I looked at the fool and he said sorry buddy and shrugged his shoulders. I leaned over and said"your lucky, I am giving it to you" I wasn't going to ruin my unbelievable night over a tambourine. Get this!! 2 minutes later, right at the end of the RTFW.....Vedder throws out the two last tambourines that he had, out of the eight he was given. One took a weird flop and I ended up snagging it.....My mind was blown at that point. Everyone, for the next 10 minutes were giving high fives and saying you deserved that, the girl behind me said, that's Karma for you. The whole night was just so surreal, from getting the front row tickets, right down to the fluke tambourine grab at the end. Thanks Pearl Jam, from the bottom of my heart.

I WAS ALSO STONE'S SIDE FRONT ROW SEATS 9/10 ... I AM THE BIG TALL IDIOT IN THE ORANGE SHIRT LOSIN MY SHIT ALL NIGHT HAHAHAH. i was lucky enough to be pointed out by eddie after off he goes and givin a pick.

i seen you an your mom rockin hard all night... when eddie pointed you out to give u the tambourine in my head i was like right on this guy totally deserves it........ then it slipped out of your hands then it looked like a crazy pile on for the tambourine.... when you never came up with it i saw the sad stunned look on your face.

when you caught the freak tambourine at the end it was truley KARMA.
    u can seen this all go down on the u tube video of RIFTW by malta73

i also seen u at the end of the show sitting with your mom lookin like u were on cloud 9
    gave u a HI-5 an SAID YOU REALLY DESERVED THAT TAMBOURINE.

i am still dreamin about this show... it not my fav PJ SHOW might not even crack my top 5 but it's totally the greatest and by far most memorable music experience of my life.

THANK U 10C
    Post edited by lukin420 on
  • lukin420lukin420 Posts: 80
    edited August 2009
    For me, this was by far my most memorable gig I have been too. I got front row, Stone Gossard's side. I brought my mom to this gig, it was here first concert ever. She was in heaven. Vedder even gave me a tambourine. He was pointing at me, telling me that he wants to give me his tambourine and I just stood there in shock and owe, as everyone was telling me to grab it, I moved forward to get his toss and the guy next to me, that we were having a great time with all concert snagged it off me. Everyone was saying that's your tambourine, that's your tambourine. I looked at the fool and he said sorry buddy and shrugged his shoulders. I leaned over and said"your lucky, I am giving it to you" I wasn't going to ruin my unbelievable night over a tambourine. Get this!! 2 minutes later, right at the end of the RTFW.....Vedder throws out the two last tambourines that he had, out of the eight he was given. One took a weird flop and I ended up snagging it.....My mind was blown at that point. Everyone, for the next 10 minutes were giving high fives and saying you deserved that, the girl behind me said, that's Karma for you. The whole night was just so surreal, from getting the front row tickets, right down to the fluke tambourine grab at the end. Thanks Pearl Jam, from the bottom of my heart.

I WAS ALSO STONE'S SIDE FRONT ROW SEATS 9/10 ... I AM THE BIG TALL IDIOT IN THE ORANGE SHIRT LOSIN MY SHIT ALL NIGHT HAHAHAH. i was lucky enough to be pointed out by eddie after off he goes and givin a pick.

i seen you an your mom rockin hard all night... when eddie pointed you out to give u the tambourine in my head i was like right on this guy totally deserves it........ then it slipped out of your hands then it looked like a crazy pile on for the tambourine.... when you never came up with it i saw the sad stunned look on your face.

when you caught the freak tambourine at the end it was truley KARMA.
    u can seen this all go down on the u tube video of RIFTW by malta73

i also seen u at the end of the show sitting with your mom lookin like u were on cloud 9
    gave u a HI-5 an SAID YOU REALLY DESERVED THAT TAMBOURINE.

i am still dreamin about this show... it not my fav PJ SHOW might not even crack my top 5 but it's totally the greatest and by far most memorable music experience of my life.

THANK U 10C
    Post edited by lukin420 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,065
    There need's to be a DVD/BluRay release of the complete Toronto '09 Experience. Preset's & all! :mrgreen:
  • jz284377 wrote:

Thanks again, Ten Club.

Hmmm...had something similar happen to me too. We were front row centre and one of the security guys gave me Ed's setlist at the end of the night. The guy sitting 2 people over LUNGED for it just as he was passing it to me but the security guy got it back from him. And everyone around us gave him shit for it. It was fantastic! :D

But same thing though, he was really chatty and friendly before the show and respectful during, but when it came to that setlist, he just went nuts.

EDIT: And there was no misunderstanding over who the setlist was meant for in that situation. The guy just made a stupid move out of nowhere.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,065
    I had an amazing time @ the show. Section 101. Row k. 20 & 21 seats. Stone side.

Picking up the 10club ticket's was easy as pie. Thinking it would be a nightmare picking them up, another Hartford '08 thing, that didn't happen at all.

The show was pretty amazing. I missed a few of the presets & the Pharmacist Experience. I left to get some 4 dollar water. I was totally exhausted & tired. Though didn't miss it live. Was able to catch it @ the food court's TV broadcast.

Not sure what happen to me when Black was played, but I almost passed out in tears. I was moving & shaking, so into the whole show, but when Ed sang that line "someday you'll have a beautiful life .. someday you'll be a star" .. i fell to my chair. Like something knocked me in the head, but totally moved. I know Nothingman & I'm Still Here get's me all the time emotionally every time I hear those tracks, but mama mia!!! :shock:

Did see something happening with the tambourine passing in the front. Ed staring & thinking .. and thinking. Not sure what was going on. '03, they didn't broadcast Pearl Jam on the huge screen's. This night, it was all over the place. Making it sweet for all.

I posted some cool photo shots on my Facebook profile & some clip's. Might of seen me @ the show & preparty which was held @ the Brazen Head Irish Pub. Was the guy wearing Team McCready & The White Ribbon. I was pretty knocked out that night. Tired & exhausted.

Thank you Pearl Jam, 10club, The Wishlist Foundation, Brad Klausen, Delta Chelsea Hotel, Brazen Head Irish Pub & friends of old & new who I met in Toronto those past few day's. Thanks for the wonderful time. Wish it was longer & I was healthier. There is always next time. Thank you so much! :)

demetrios
  • mikeyb46mikeyb46 Posts: 44
    demetrios wrote:
    There need's to be a DVD/BluRay release of the complete Toronto '09 Experience. Preset's & all! :mrgreen:

AGREED

Toronto / Sept 21/96 -Barrie/aug 22/98- Auburn Hills, /oct 07 /00
    Grand Rapids /oct 03/04 -London/sept 12/05-Hamilton /sept 13/05
    Toronto/sept 19/05 -Toronto/ may 09/06 - Toronto/aug 21/09- Hamilton /sept 15 /11
  • demetrios wrote:
    I had an amazing time @ the show. Section 101. Row k. 20 & 21 seats. Stone side.

Picking up the 10club ticket's was easy as pie. Thinking it would be a nightmare picking them up, another Hartford '08 thing, that didn't happen at all.

The show was pretty amazing. I missed a few of the presets & the Pharmacist Experience. I left to get some 4 dollar water. I was totally exhausted & tired. Though didn't miss it live. Was able to catch it @ the food court's TV broadcast.

Not sure what happen to me when Black was played, but I almost passed out in tears. I was moving & shaking, so into the whole show, but when Ed sang that line "someday you'll have a beautiful life .. someday you'll be a star" .. i fell to my chair. Like something knocked me in the head, but totally moved. I know Nothingman & I'm Still Here get's me all the time emotionally every time I hear those tracks, but mama mia!!! :shock:

Did see something happening with the tambourine passing in the front. Ed staring & thinking .. and thinking. Not sure what was going on. '03, they didn't broadcast Pearl Jam on the huge screen's. This night, it was all over the place. Making it sweet for all.

I posted some cool photo shots on my Facebook profile & some clip's. Might of seen me @ the show & preparty which was held @ the Brazen Head Irish Pub. Was the guy wearing Team McCready & The White Ribbon. I was pretty knocked out that night. Tired & exhausted.

Thank you Pearl Jam, 10club, The Wishlist Foundation, Brad Klausen, Delta Chelsea Hotel, Brazen Head Irish Pub & friends of old & new who I met in Toronto those past few day's. Thanks for the wonderful time. Wish it was longer & I was healthier. There is always next time. Thank you so much! :)

demetrios

So glad you had a great time. :) And I must say, you know how to put on one crazy pre-party. I went to the one before Massey Hall night 1 last year and got to chat with you a bit more, but man, this was INSANE! We had a fantastic time although we got shut out towards the end when we went to get some food downstairs and it reached full capacity. It would have been nice to talk to everyone a little more and see the raffle. It was funny though: I got chatting with a couple guys who pointed out that I had won the lottery and didn't even notice, thinking the 100s were the next section back like at arena shows. :oops: So we were more than happy to return to the Amp a little early. :)

Very impressive organization though, to set in motion something so large from halfway across the country. Major kudos.

PS. Thanks for the gift! ;) I MAY have a little surprise for you in Philly if all goes according to plan.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    Hawk123 wrote:
    The song that Mike and Ed did with the Pharmacists was Search And Destroy. Full preset was:

1. EV - Sugar Mountain
    2. EV - Needle and the Damage Done
    3. MM - acoustic song
    4. MM - acoustic song
    5. SG - unknown (Johnny Thunder cover)
    6. EV and JA - Bee Girl
    7. Pharmacists - Hybrid Moments
    8. Pharmacists - Lions Den (French Toast)
    9. Pharmacists - Treble In Trouble
    10. Pharmacists - Blitzkrieg Bop
    11. Pharmacists - Search And Destroy (Iggy Pop) (w/Ed Ved and Mike McCready)

Wow you Toronto guys are so lucky. That must have been amazing
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • mikeyb46 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

AGREED

HELL YEAH!!