*** London, O2 Arena Fanviews Here 8/18/09 ***

Comments

• nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    paulus2112 wrote:
    Lillou77 wrote:
    paulus2112 wrote:
    Why were the O2 security guys taking our tickets off us instead of just tearing off the stubs? really anoyed that I didn't get to keep my ticket...

Still, had an amazing night and have loads of great memories of the gig...

They were handing them back out as you left....

We got out really quick and didn't see anyone giving them out... gutted!

Next gig we're going to is the Pixies at Brixton... How can it compare????
    PM me with your address. I'll send you mine.
  • KinseyKinsey Posts: 197
    Fantastic gig, in terms of performance and the intensity of playing they were as good as I've ever seen them. Highlights were an unbelievable Immortality, Rats, Light Years, Insignificance, Supersonic, Footsteps, Love Reign O'er Me, Leaving Here, Porch and the Boom/Mike jam at the end of Crazy Mary.

Of the first 12 songs, 10 were from 1994 or before, along with the 2 new ones. Really fantastic stuff. Seems like these few gigs before the release of Backspacer are allowing the band to play a lot of the old stuff. I'm sure that for the gigs after the release, we'll start seeing 7-8 new songs in place of the older stuff.

I thought the crowd was only average. I started out near the front, but by midway through the first set was near the back, just to get a better view of things. Up the front it certainly seemed like a brilliant crowd, but from the back you could see/hear that it wasn't the best. Thought the singalong at the end of Black was pretty poor, and it seemed to me that the entire crowd only came to life during Alive. And for all those streaming out when Yellow Ledbetter started, what the hell is wrong with you?!

Overall a brilliant gig, one of the best I've ever been at. Hopefully the band will be back sooner than Eddie said they will.

Also, for anyone looking for a ticket, my brother picked up a spare at the end, so let me know if you need one.
    When we found the things we loved,
    They were crushed and dying in the dirt.
    We tried to pick up the pieces,
    And get away without getting hurt,
    But they caught us at the state line,
    And burned our cars in one last fight,
    And left us running burned and blind,
    Chasing something in the night.
  • [/quote]
    PM me with your address. I'll send you mine.[/quote]

Cheers - PM sent... :D
  • j-bugj-bug Posts: 272
    i managed to take my camera in.security checked it but allowed it.i have a few pics,but i didnt take many and they werent great.i was way to busy dancing and singing a long.will upload at some point today.i wanted a clear shot of Matt for a friend but didnt manage it.
    Seek,
    Find be yourself.
    Don't follow the herd.
    Don't repeat in spite of the encores.
    Be yourself.
    Otherwise you'll bore us.
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Lillou77 wrote:
    paulus2112 wrote:
    Why were the O2 security guys taking our tickets off us instead of just tearing off the stubs? really anoyed that I didn't get to keep my ticket...

not when i left (right when YL ended) they weren't! :x :x :x :x
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    I've uploaded some videos for O2 Show. i have not heard them seen them myself as I've just uploaded them continously after Tuesday's gig and is still being uploaded. Videos were taken from lower tier seating on Stone side of the stage

Check out below

Alive
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWbx657J79g

The Real Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTC1IWR1MV8

Supersonic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lb5LWRxxDM

Blood
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_a4ny1h-djs

Rats
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8cs51sg_sc

I Got Sh*t
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Mg5BSrt0gs

Release
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOhJUIePksQ

I have other videos for Manchester and Shepherds Bush

If you click on link for my account GotsomePearlJam you will find them.
    Enjoy
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • Stef83Stef83 Posts: 15
    Oh man!! I just got back because I stayed in a hotel instead of trying to get a train home! That was THE best gig I have ever been too!! Wow!!!
    It's always funny until someone gets hurt, and then it's just hilarious!!
  • jrdjrd Posts: 3,060
    Kinsey wrote:
    And for all those streaming out when Yellow Ledbetter started, what the hell is wrong with you?!

it's called living in a country with a fecking useless transport system...! :roll:
    anyway, i didn't leave during YL, just moved nearer the exit, then legged it when it finished ;) :oops:
    Also, for anyone looking for a ticket, my brother picked up a spare at the end, so let me know if you need one.

ooooh, yes please!
    Oh yeah? Well, I've had about enough of morons and halfwits, dolts, dunces, dullards and dumbbells - and you chowderhead yokel, you blithering hayseed, you - you've had enough of me?
  • titchinellotitchinello Posts: 3,139
    jrd wrote:
    Lillou77 wrote:
    paulus2112 wrote:

not when i left (right when YL ended) they weren't! :x :x :x :x

same when i left, i didn't get mine back, was very pissed off about that, because i like to keep all my tickets from all the gigs i've been to in a folder.

if anyone got theirs back and doesn't reall y need it, or got a spare one, i'd be happy to have it off you. let me know

anyway to the gig.. what can i say that hasn't really been said already, great energy from both crowd and band, and i'm sure they probably could do a better set list than that.. BUT it would not be easy, and apart from maybe adding maybe 2-3 songs i'd've like to hear it was perfect. so no complaints, i'd like to say more. but like i said its already been said.. just listen to the bootleg when it comes out.. you'll see
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • IdlewildIdlewild Posts: 173
    Photos here, but most of them are rubbish. Is there a site where i can upload pictures which allows people to save pictures as this one does not.

O2 pictures here

http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=169092505

Manchester here
    http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=169010820

Shepherds Bush here
    http://www.photobox.co.uk/my/album?album_id=163171404
    London Brixton Academy 1993, Wembley Arena (Both Nights) 1996, Wembley Arena 2000, London Astoria 2006, Reading Festival 2006, Verona Italy 2006, London Wembley Arena 2007, Copenhagen Denmark 2007,
    London Shepherds Bush Empire 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena 2009, London O2 Arena 2009
    Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester Arena 1 and 2, Stockholm, Oslo 2012
    Amsterdam 1 and 2, Leeds, Milton Keynes Bowl 2014
    Wrigley Field 1 and 2 2016
    London 1 and 2 2018
    Fenway Park 1 and 2 2018
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    edited August 2009
    jrd wrote:
    Lillou77 wrote:
    paulus2112 wrote:
    Why were the O2 security guys taking our tickets off us instead of just tearing off the stubs?
    Their reasoning was they needed to count the tickets once they had given people wristbands to ensure they hadn't just given a load of free wristbands to their mates. If they gave out more wristbands than I had taken back tickets then they'd have to pay for the discrepancy out of their wages.

...why they couldn't just take the stubs and count them I don't know. They had ripped off the stubs during the gig anyway. Maybe it's so they can count the tickets once as they rip the stubs off, and again just counting the stubs to make sure they have the right number.

But at least everything else ran a lot more smoothly than at the MEN gig. It was all a lot more organised in general!
    Post edited by Pauk on
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • AlsaAlsa Posts: 10
    Hi this is the first time that im actually posting here. I've tried loads of times to get to a Pearl Jam concert but was never really lucky, every time it ended up with tickets being sold out and now they I could have managed to get tickets, I needed the money for the house I just bought.

But from what my sis told me ( lucky her she was there too ) and from all the posts I've read in here and the clips of youtube, just made me feel some of the emotions that went on last night.

Thanks to Pearl Jam for being who they are and thanks to all you for sharing these wonderfull moments.

After all these years of being one of the followers of Pearl Jam ( which im very proud of ) my day will come, hopefully soon.
  • paulus2112paulus2112 Posts: 52
    edited August 2009
    Alsa wrote:
    Hi this is the first time that im actually posting here. I've tried loads of times to get to a Pearl Jam concert but was never really lucky, every time it ended up with tickets being sold out and now they I could have managed to get tickets, I needed the money for the house I just bought.

But from what my sis told me ( lucky her she was there too ) and from all the posts I've read in here and the clips of youtube, just made me feel some of the emotions that went on last night.

Thanks to Pearl Jam for being who they are and thanks to all you for sharing these wonderfull moments.

After all these years of being one of the followers of Pearl Jam ( which im very proud of ) my day will come, hopefully soon.

I had been following Pearl Jam since forever and have been missing out on tickets too until this show, had to get them on credit card as I couldnt really afford it but there was no way I was going to miss this one for anything!
    Hope you get to see them!

Welcome to the forum!
  • WhaleyWhaley Posts: 24
    The monitor lady is Karrie Keyes and she works for Rat Sound. There's some photos if you Google.

I agree that going after scalpers (touts in British English) is a good thing but it just gave me a very bad feeling to be treated as criminals. I also didn't get my ticket back at the exit, but I checked it while I was in the 10C line and it only said something like 'illegal resale not permitted' and nothing about passing on a ticket for face value. I don't know UK law that well, but think it should be legal to hand over a ticket to someone and getting the face value in return. From my conversations with the two 'ticket police' guys they didn't mind as long as it wasn't in plain view so we ended up doing the exchange at the toilets... Funny though that at SBE there were plenty of scalpers who were just left alone AFAIK. Anyway, the concert rocked and so everything turned out fine in the end.

I do want a bootleg for this show :)
  • Whaley wrote:

I do want a bootleg for this show :)

Definately - there has to be a bootleg for this show! and preferably a DVD - isn't it time that we got a concert on Bluray??

I was watching the screens from time to time and from what I saw I'd pay handsomly for the footage I saw on them!
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Kinsey wrote:
    I thought the crowd was only average. I started out near the front, but by midway through the first set was near the back, just to get a better view of things. Up the front it certainly seemed like a brilliant crowd, but from the back you could see/hear that it wasn't the best. Thought the singalong at the end of Black was pretty poor, and it seemed to me that the entire crowd only came to life during Alive. And for all those streaming out when Yellow Ledbetter started, what the hell is wrong with you?!
    :o I was about 40 yards back on Stone's side and I thought the crowd were excellent! I left at the end of Crazy Mary otherwise it was a bench at the station. If they had come on when they were meant to we would have been OK.
  • "The O2 was really huge and I expected it to be a typical souless arena gig but how wrong was I because the fans in the seats were standing the whole time."

.....for most of other concerts i have seen there, the O2 is a souless arena.

Two factors involved - the fans and the band contributing - that was the difference.

Totally agree! I normally hate arena gigs. I almost didn't book the tickets but I'm really glad I did. I have never seen fans so passionate about a band in a long while.

This really renewed my faith in going to gigs.

The band were just awesome. I just don't know where they got the energy from!
  • DRS_PJ1DRS_PJ1 Posts: 39
    What a gig!

Agree with Mrs Vedder from page 4 "Really happy that we got Release, Footsteps and Crazy Mary. And Rats was kickass. It felt like it went on for hours and hours, not just the 2 1/2 hours that it actually was, we really got our monies worth!

It was upsetting when Ed said that they won't be coming back to Europe any time soon. So I guess I'll probably be going to America in the near future. I have only seen them twice now and I defintely don't intend to give up yet
    ."

Our seats were so far from the stage that I think I was closer at SBE, even though I was crying outside (not really, I'm far too hard for that) as I'd been sold a fake ticket by a tout! Fortunately the sound was excellent and the screens were very good (can we buy the DVD please?!). Jealous of those standing, although by the end of the gig it didn't matter.

Was buzzing afterwards for hours - maybe this show even tops Leeds 2006 but I was closer to the stage then and the first time you see them (as it was for me) will always be special.

Ed did say "See you soon" at the end of the gig but maybe that's just something he usually says and was swept up in the emotion (and red wine) and not really thinking about it. I'll do what it takes to see them again (still haven't heard Jeremy, In Hiding (!), Leash, Dissident, Fatal, RVM, Once, Brain Of J, etc., etc.).
  • It had been 3 years since i saw them, and boy was it worth the wait and the trip from Ireland.

They were simply incredible, and the Ten Club seats we had were brilliant.

We sat next to a couple who were only married 3 days and were over from America for the gig. I'm not sure if you get that kind of commitment from fans of any other band!

Set list was top class and delighted to get Footsteps and Black in particular.

I know Eddie said they won't be back to this part of the world for a good while, but i hope its not too long or i'll be spending my savings on flights to the US!!

Thanks PJ!
  • icemanapicemanap Posts: 406
    Whaley wrote:
    The monitor lady is Karrie Keyes and she works for Rat Sound. There's some photos if you Google.

Cheers dude. Will send the said picture to my mom!!!

Close up she doesn't look that similar, but from 20 yards back it's a spitting image!

I want her job actually.
    :D Rock on!!!! :D
    Seen Pearl Jam 4 times in London, once in Manchester, as well as an Eddie show at Hammersmith.
  • simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    I missed out on a ticket on the way out too - if anyone does have a spare, please do PM me ...
    I don't understand why they take them only to give them back out - esp when our tickets say 10c on them and we want to keep those. At least we have the wristbands.
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • nuffingman wrote:
    If they had come on when they were meant to we would have been OK.

Did they start late?? I heard that Gomez were to start at 7.30 and Pearl jam were on at 8.45 - I thought that was pretty much how it turned out?
  • wozza77wozza77 Posts: 300
    Another highlight that has just hit me was the pause in Whipping - how freaking tight was that!!

Plus can anyone confirm if Boom normally does that intro to Love Reign???
    Now it all comes down to numbers, now I'm glad that I have quit
    Folks these days just don't do nothing simple for the love of it
  • Yeah it was a great show, I was pretty tired from the travelling but really enjoyed it tho.

Crowd went bit crazy during Animal which i guess was fun lol. i ended up on stones side for most of the show then i went into the middle untill the end.

Thanks, PJ!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    simonorton wrote:
    I missed out on a ticket on the way out too - if anyone does have a spare, please do PM me ...
    I don't understand why they take them only to give them back out - esp when our tickets say 10c on them and we want to keep those. At least we have the wristbands.

Us too - if you give them a ring they'll post them out to you free of charge!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Posts: 15,049
    DRS_PJ1 wrote:

great review for once

although hes clearly wrong on the shut the fuck up bit being about song requests.

That was the entire front of the audience singing 'why go home' after he says they wont be back for a while
  • RideRickRideRick Posts: 703
    DRS_PJ1 wrote:

Very good review... but the last sentence shocked me :o
    After all, we remember, it may well be the last time they play these isles.
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • strummers wrote:

Us too - if you give them a ring they'll post them out to you free of charge!

Do you have the number?
  • jljl Posts: 5
    Legend of a gig- I had great 10C seats - The intesity of it let left me absolutley broken!

THIS GIG MUST BE BOOTLEGGED!!!!!!!!

I was Gutted that they didn't Bootleg Wembley 07

I am worried about the news that they won't be back for somes time!
    Must resist the blues here - will travel If i have too as I don't think I can do too long without seeing them live!!

Reading - Awesome
    Wembley arena - Intense
    o2 - best yet

I managed to get two tickets for a close mate of mine who had never seen the band before and he says its the best gig he has ever been too and he was sat miles up on stones side of the stage .....

Going to sell out and see U2 this weekend - not sure after pearl jam at the O2 that I won't just stand there wishing I was back at the O2

PEARL JAM RULE!!!