2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Is it baseball season yet?.. at least our baseball teams had a better record.

Yeah, but that's not saying much.

Us Chicago fans never have it easy...
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Bad team + No early round draft picks= terrible team for years to come
  • What a fucking joke this team has become. I don't see how the Bears can justify bringing back Lovie or Jerry Angelo. There needs to be some changes!!
  • There will be some head hunting going on come February. Would really like to see an offensive mind come to Chicago. The marginal talent we have seems to be wasted on A gap running plays and shitty ass WR Screens.

From the "Before you retire... file" Bears sign Cato June to a one year deal today.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    There will be some head hunting going on come February. Would really like to see an offensive mind come to Chicago. The marginal talent we have seems to be wasted on A gap running plays and shitty ass WR Screens.

From the "Before you retire... file" Bears sign Cato June to a one year deal today.

Cato who? :lol:

Turner has got to go. He sucked the first time around, i can't believe the brought him back for a second stint.

Then as soon as he is gone, clean house on the O line. Mabye the could move Pace to guard. The center is junk. he is always in the backfield on run plays. the whole line sucks.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Turner has got to go. He sucked the first time around, i can't believe the brought him back for a second stint.
    ]I think Ron Turner is using a playbook compiled of every 5 yard play he used in the Joe Montana franchise on Sega Genesis. Every play is so generic. If we're gonna run predictable plays can we at least run a slant every time. Doesn't it work for New England week in week out?
    81 wrote:
    Then as soon as he is gone, clean house on the O line. Mabye the could move Pace to guard. The center is junk. he is always in the backfield on run plays. the whole line sucks.
    Pace is pretty bad. Don't know if he would be an improvement over Beekman or Omiyale at Guard. Thing is, if the team suggested that, he'd probably request a trade. Kreutz is getting old. He used to be the best Center in the game but I think he's definitely lost a step, or too.

Dear God, please let us beat the Rams at home.

edited December 2009
    Any catch Les Grobstein on the Score last night? People were calling in in this segment called 'What if' where you take a hated sports figure and put him in a real-life profession.

He was reading the texts and some were pretty good. One guy asked what if Jay Cutler was a beat reporter (notorious bad interviewee himself) and another said Orlando Pace as White Security- he'd let everyone in!
    Post edited by davidtrios on
  • Any catch Les Grobstein on the Score last night? People were calling in in this segment called 'What if' where you take a hated sports figure and put him in a real-life profession.

He was reading the texts and some were pretty good. One guy said what is Jay Cutler was a beat reporter (notorious bad interviewee himself) and another said Orlando Pace as White Security- he'd let everyone in!
    I am glad they brought Les back to the score....

That man knows more about sports....facts, figures, dates, etc. etc.

Than any human being on the planet.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Les is the best but the best thing I like about him is he respects his callers (unlike those dopes in the afternoon).
  • I can't believe I'm actually going to be at Soldier Field this weekend for this garbage game. I might have to get blacked out drunk tailgating so I dont remember any of the game.
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:
    I think Ron Turner is using a playbook compiled of every 5 yard play he used in the Joe Montana franchise on Sega Genesis. Every play is so generic. If we're gonna run predictable plays can we at least run a slant every time. Doesn't it work for New England week in week out?

Pace is pretty bad. Don't know if he would be an improvement over Beekman or Omiyale at Guard. Thing is, if the team suggested that, he'd probably request a trade. Kreutz is getting old. He used to be the best Center in the game but I think he's definitely lost a step, or too.

Dear God, please let us beat the Rams at home.

I think moving Pace to guard would not help at all. In fact, I think his fat ass would just clog up whatever hole is created. How long did we sign him for?
    You're right about Kreutz. Not only has he lost a step, but he has no push off the line anymore. Guys stand him up pretty easily. He also has no lateral or up-field movement...but that may just be how the line is taught to play...
    Our current guards are worthless when it comes to blocking anyone other than the guy standing directly in front of them...which is also why Cutler has been pounded in the ground so much this year.

Yeah, the offensive playbook is a joke. I don't think there is a team in the league that runs more worthless plays than the Bears. During the Bears-Eagles game, I had a friend over who's an Eagles fan. He was amazed at my ability to predict the next play the Bears ran. I literally predicted 12 plays in a row.
    Example...
    "Handoff to Forte up the middle"
    "Pass to Forte for a gain of 2"
    "Shotgun, but don't worry it'll be a screen to Hester who will lose 3 on the play"
    PUNT
    ...next series...
    "Handoff to Forte up the middle"
    "Cutler will get sacked despite the 3 step drop"
    "3rd and long. Shotgun, 5 yard post to Olsen over the middle"
    PUNT

Seriously, they are so f'n predictable.

If they don't beat the Rams this Sunday, it will be the last game I bother watching this year...
    I wish I can say the Bears will lose on purpose for the rest of the year to get a better draft pic, but Ican't (thanks Denver).

So, they will actually try this week and beat a weak Rams team:

Bears 16 Rams 6
    Bears 27
    Rams 14
    I can't believe I'm actually going to be at Soldier Field this weekend for this garbage game. I might have to get blacked out drunk tailgating so I dont remember any of the game.

i'll take your tickets if you don't want em. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • So it looks like we'll be spared from watching Pace get bull rushed all game. Williams is supposed to start on the left side this week which should bring Kevin Shaeffer into the mix, right? They we're really high on that guy before they signed Molasses Pace.

Can't get any worse, right?

CHItheads - 13
    St. Blew It - 10

• Oh man this is going to be a brutal game. As bad as the Bears have been, we shouldn't have much trouble with the Rams.

Bears 24
    Rams 7
    drtyfrnk29 wrote:

CHItheads - 13
    St. Blew It - 10

8-)
    Oh man this is going to be a brutal game. As bad as the Bears have been, we shouldn't have much trouble with the Rams.

Bears 24
    Rams 7

couldn't handle having hte Bears hat up there any more :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Over/Under on Cutler Interceptions: 2.5
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • 81 wrote:
    Oh man this is going to be a brutal game. As bad as the Bears have been, we shouldn't have much trouble with the Rams.

Bears 24
    Rams 7

couldn't handle having hte Bears hat up there any more :lol:

Haha. Nope. I had to change it to the only real team in Chicago. We gotta get a Blackhawks thread going....
  • Chicago 24
    St. Louis 20

surely the Bears can pull it together enough to today to defeat the moribund Rams.
    Nice shirt.
    didn't watch it, didn't listen to it. don't care that they won, because they still suck. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I stopped watching after the botched fake field goal.
    So Charlie Weis stated he is interested in the offensive coordinator position with Chicago.

Granted, I'm not a huge Charlie Weis fan, but if they can get rid of Ron Turner I'm all for it!!
  • Packers 42
    Bears 7

Bears will take another beating this afternoon......
  • Packers 42
    Bears 7

let's hope not, but their reputation precedes them

Green Bay 31
    Bears 20
    Nice shirt.
  • FUCK GREEN BAY ;)

Charles Woodson I predict will take one back today. :)

At least your kicker is better then ours.....so you have that going for you.
  • FUCK GREEN BAY ;)

Charles Woodson I predict will take one back today. :)

At least your kicker is better then ours.....so you have that going for you.
    Watching the Bears this year....

Is comparable to sticking needles in my fucking eyes.....
    Needles that have been dipped in hot tar........

They just suck...

Jay Cutler is shit
    The offense line is shit
    The defensive line is shit
    The defensive backs are shit
    Our receivers are shit
    Our running game is shit
    Our passing game is shit

But you are correct....Our kicker ROCKS!!!!
  • Packers 42
    Bears 7

:D
  • This team is beyond fucking pathetic....

The first quarter of this game is vintage Bears......

Penalties
    Give up a big play
    Cutler interception