2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 25,477
edited March 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Cutler looked a lot like Orton.....

hehehehe...............

Im going to go with 9-7 this year....
No playoffs......
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Is Rex anybody’s Quarterback this year :?: ?

Go 2009 Chicago Bears :!: ! :!:

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• I visited Chicago for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago.

Great city.

After seeing Solider Field and the proximity to down town I now understand why people from Chicago are crazy about the Bears.

Great city.

After seeing Solider Field and the proximity to down town I now understand why people from Chicago are crazy about the Bears.
    It's funny, we people of Chicago will fight for 6 months, over the White Sox vs. Cubs.

But we all BAND TOGETHER for DA BEARS!!!!!
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I visited Chicago for the first time in my life 2 weeks ago.

Great city.

It's funny, we people of Chicago will fight for 6 months, over the White Sox vs. Cubs.

Just don't venture into cheese country.. it becomes blood up there!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Well, Cutler looked pretty bad.
    Very Grossman like in some of those tosses. I would have said "Orton-like" but a couple of those went further than 10 yards in the air... :lol:

That's ok, it was just the first pre-season game.

What worries me the most, and like I said before...is the pass defense and the secondary.

Great city.

Just don't venture into cheese country.. it becomes blood up there!

Wtf do up expect it's Greenbay they have no buildings up there. lol But they do have a place called.......oh yea Lambeau Field. Greatest place to watch a football game. :)

Good luck this year to your team and mine. Lets kick the Viking's asses this year. :D

Good luck this year to your team and mine. Lets kick the Viking's asses this year. :D

I'll drink to that! :)
  • mca47 wrote:
    Well, Cutler looked pretty bad.
    Very Grossman like in some of those tosses. I would have said "Orton-like" but a couple of those went further than 10 yards in the air... :lol:

That's ok, it was just the first pre-season game.

What worries me the most, and like I said before...is the pass defense and the secondary.

further than 10 yards in the air :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

denver fans love orton, well maybe not after his 3 picks on friday night :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

i agree also, pass defense is terrible, it was the run then they fixed it (maybe) and now its the passing game...
    but yes its one pre-season game
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

denver fans love orton,

are you sure about that? they were booing him pretty hard at a training camp practice
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

denver fans love orton,

are you sure about that? they were booing him pretty hard at a training camp practice

yeah mate, I live in Denver and as of Thursday they loved him - things might change now though
    edwho wrote:

he is 3rd string on the Texans roster
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    Not a great start for Cutler, but I'm not too worried yet. The thing that still does worry me is this defense. If we dont get some greatly improved performances from our D line, this team is going nowhere. When Alex Brown leads your team in sacks with 6, that is not a good thing. Hopefully the corpse that used to be known as Tommie Harris will come back to life this year....
  • Not a great start for Cutler, but I'm not too worried yet. The thing that still does worry me is this defense. If we dont get some greatly improved performances from our D line, this team is going nowhere. When Alex Brown leads your team in sacks with 6, that is not a good thing. Hopefully the corpse that used to be known as Tommie Harris will come back to life this year....
    Saturday night I will be walking in to Comiskey Park.....

YIKES!!!!!!

I havent been there in 12 years.....
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    81 wrote:
    edwho wrote:

he is 3rd string on the Texans roster

Thanks, just catching up. I guess a team will always desperate enough in the NFL.

Read this morning he’s already hurt. Poor Rex :cry:

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Not a great start for Cutler, but I'm not too worried yet. The thing that still does worry me is this defense. If we dont get some greatly improved performances from our D line, this team is going nowhere. When Alex Brown leads your team in sacks with 6, that is not a good thing. Hopefully the corpse that used to be known as Tommie Harris will come back to life this year....

i'm most worried about the secondary. Getting pressure on the QB will help take care of that issue, but still....the seconday looks like crap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Saturday night I will be walking in to Comiskey Park.....

YIKES!!!!!!

I havent been there in 12 years.....

12 years huh???

I think you'll be impressed with all the changes they made in that time. It's like a new stadium compared to what it once was. Enjoy!
    Cutler looked great last night. So did the defense. They needed that after a shitty first game. Cant wait for the season to start.
  • going to the game next sunday night in denver...cant wait!
  • GD124635GD124635 Posts: 90
    Congrats to da Bears fans on the Cutler get. I'm a Bronco fan and I absolutely hated the move. Orton....seriously :lol: Cutler will piss you off, throw into triple coverage, place blame on everyone but himself and pout. Then he'll throw a laser td, break a tackle and scramble for 20yds and run over the LB in the process and you instantly forget all about the bad shit. He's so fun to watch! Bears are now my #2 favorite team.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    does that frank costanza guy still post in here?
    www.myspace.com
    GD124635 wrote:
    Congrats to da Bears fans on the Cutler get. I'm a Bronco fan and I absolutely hated the move. Orton....seriously :lol: Cutler will piss you off, throw into triple coverage, place blame on everyone but himself and pout. Then he'll throw a laser td, break a tackle and scramble for 20yds and run over the LB in the process and you instantly forget all about the bad shit. He's so fun to watch! Bears are now my #2 favorite team.

Yeah, he def. seems like a arrogant SOB but that's ok with me.

As a 28 year old Bears fan, I have never seen a true quality QB taking snaps in blue and orange. This is exciting for a lot of us.

I feel bad you guys got stuck with Orton. Shit, IMO, Grossman was better....

Anyways, as long as you give Orton some time and don't expect anything longer than 20 yards, he should be "solid"-ish for you.
    ;)
    does that frank costanza guy still post in here?

I don't think I've seen him since the move to the new boards....

?
    mca47 wrote:

As a 28 year old Bears fan, I have never seen a true quality QB taking snaps in blue and orange. This is exciting for a lot of us.

unless you are like 80, you've never seen a hi end QB in a Chicago uniform :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    GD124635 wrote:

don't forget about the 2 first rounders.....hopefully, they will be the last pick of round :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Good win last night.

Cutler looked a little shaky at first, but that 98 drive was NICE!

Going to be interesting to see who stays and who goes in the WR department.

Oh, and yeah...Hester should be returning punts! That one return brought me back to two years ago!
  • mca47 wrote:
    Good win last night.

Oh, and yeah...Hester should be returning punts! That one return brought me back to two years ago!
    I almost leaped through the television set when Hester broke free on that return last night. Its hard to believe that Hester, with all that talent, didn't do a damn thing last year, as far as returns go.
    nobody kicked to him last year. for a pre season game, that was a fun one. the first half didn't feel preseason at all.

Mcdanials looked like a clown in his patriots knock off outfit. we need more tom landry's that dress up for the game.

the flag on a alex brown for roughing the passer was a joke. it still seems like the D line isn't creating enough pressure. that scares me. we are going to be fucked agaist teams that can throw the ball

i expect a 10+ win season, but i don't expect a super bowl until they fix the secondary.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mca47 wrote:
    Good win last night.

great time last night...so many bear fans there - it was great to see the donkeys cry about cutler...who are the babies now? :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    Good win last night.

I almost leaped through the television set when Hester broke free on that return last night. Its hard to believe that Hester, with all that talent, didn't do a damn thing last year, as far as returns go.

That was damn good to see Hester run straight ahead instead of all the side to side bullshit we saw last season. He's the most exciting player in the league when he has the ball in his hands.

That was damn good to see Hester run straight ahead instead of all the side to side bullshit we saw last season. He's the most exciting player in the league when he has the ball in his hands.

Yeah, the first one he caught on the 4 yard line I was yelling at the screen! "Get the bum outta there!"
    Then when he ran that one back to the Bronco's 5 I was yelling "FUCK YEAH!"

So...2007! :lol:

Anyways, I think he needs to be back there returning punts. Even in '07 when they didn't kick to him, more often than not the Bears ended up with good field position.

Good field position with an actual offense...
    Could be a beautiful thing! :D

On the other side of it, I'm def. concerned with the secondary. My god, some of those CBs looked bad! And that was against fricken Orton.