2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

I told you ... I told you they were longing for the Sexy Rexy era!!!
    Anonymous

I hope all you Grossman haters are happy with yourselves. Cutler just Sucks!!!! Grossman had potential and Lovie could have made him shine.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    He gets so much hype! Why?! What has he ever done? I remember when there was talk of te Cowboys trading Romo for him and I prayed it didn't happen.[/quote]
    I remember that talk, sure glad we didn't. Now if only Romo can keep it together in December and I think he will.[/quote]

It's January where Romo can't keep it together! Although I guarantee he tears apart my pathetic Packers this weekend.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Cutler - HAHAHA
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • CServant wrote:
    Cutler - HAHAHA

You've got every right to gloat right now. But you Broncos fans are now seeing why we traded Orton....if youre down big in a game, theres no coming back with Orton at QB. He's just not that type of player.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    CServant wrote:
    Cutler - HAHAHA

You've got every right to gloat right now. But you Broncos fans are now seeing why we traded Orton....if youre down big in a game, theres no coming back with Orton at QB. He's just not that type of player.

Atlanta last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    CServant wrote:
    Cutler - HAHAHA

Don't forget the 1st and 3rd Round picks you also gave up for Cutler. As far as we're concerned, Orton was a "throw in" to make the deal happen. I just like how quick and short the HoneyMoon was for Jay. Seems like just yesterday he was singing at Cub games, dropping the puck for the Hawks, and giving Bears Fans visions of a SuperBowl Championship (really?). Same Ol' Cutler... Great between the 20's, HORRIBLE in the Red Zone. Even when he was here with better players, we still led the league in FG attempts. The guy has always been a loser and you just happened to overpay for him (and give him an extension)! CLASSIC!!!

Enjoy and Thanks again!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I love how everyone wants to jump on the anti-Cutler bandwagon.
    Sure two of those picks were bad decisions, but the other three were a direct result of his idiot teammates not doing what they were supposed to. What Cutler needs to get into his head is that he cannot rely on them to do the right thing.
    I'm almost certain that if Peyton Manning was on the Bears, they would have the exact same record right now.

What does a QB need to succeed in the NFL outside of his own skills?
    1) An offensive line that can give him time to throw the ball.
    2) A receiving core that runs the right routes, and provides the QB a chance to make a completion of the play that breaks down.
    3) A running game. See also #1 and a line that can provide a hole from time to time.
    4) A real offensive coordinator.

The Bears lack all 4 of those. Show me any team in history that has been able to have a winning season lacking all 4 of those items?

One other thing...
    Why do they even bother with the shotgun? Kruetz cannot snap the ball in a shotgun! What the hell is that?!?! How many times this season has he snapped the ball the the QBs shoetops?
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    mca47 wrote:
    Sure two of those picks were bad decisions, but the other three were a direct result of his idiot teammates not doing what they were supposed to. What Cutler needs to get into his head is that he cannot rely on them to do the right thing.
    I'm almost certain that if Peyton Manning was on the Bears, they would have the exact same record right now.

I still think Cutler is a decent QB ... that said:

The two interceptions in the Red Zone were inexcusable.

And you cannot be serious about that Peyton Manning on the Bears comment. His decision making, ability to read defenses and make adjustments and quick release are something Cutler can only dream about.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    It's the beaten dog look he had last night that would concern me... Jay's an emotional guy, hence the whining his way out of Denver. He has to learn to be a leader regardless of route running, pass blocking, offensive play calling, etc. etc. etc. I've never disputed that he has a strong arm, but not the intangibles to be successful. We were a sub .500 team with him, Vandy had to look up to see .500, and now on to Chicago (and look how that's going). There's a trend here that you're not seeing if you think he's the Savior.

BTW - He's not even in the same paragraph as Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, etc.
    jimed14 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

I still think Cutler is a decent QB ... that said:

The two interceptions in the Red Zone were inexcusable.

And you cannot be serious about that Peyton Manning on the Bears comment. His decision making, ability to read defenses and make adjustments and quick release are something Cutler can only dream about.

Do you really think Manning on the Bears would make them a winning team? I just don't see it.
    I agree with you about what Manning brings to the game, but without a supporting cast, you aren't going to do much of anything.
    No question that Manning and Cutler shouldn't be in the same sentence, but my previous post was to refer to those things the Bears TEAM couldn't do right now...for any QB, and that IMO includes the greats like Manning.
  • CServant wrote:
    It's the beaten dog look he had last night that would concern me... Jay's an emotional guy, hence the whining his way out of Denver. He has to learn to be a leader regardless of route running, pass blocking, offensive play calling, etc. etc. etc. I've never disputed that he has a strong arm, but not the intangibles to be successful. We were a sub .500 team with him, Vandy had to look up to see .500, and now on to Chicago (and look how that's going). There's a trend here that you're not seeing if you think he's the Savior.

BTW - He's not even in the same paragraph as Manning, Brady, Roethlisberger, etc.

Can't argue with anything you stated there. The thing that makes me optimistic regarding Cutler is that he's only 26 years old with all the talent in the world. Not to compare, but Peyton Manning had over 100 INT's in his first 5 seasons. Cutler is only in his 3rd year as a starter. Personally, I see him maturing over time and becoming a top QB in this league. I gotta be optimistic....Cutler is the only thing we have to be optimistic about for the future.
  • Eagles 42
    Bears 12
    Take me piece by piece.....
  • Philadelphia 31
    Chicago 21
    Nice shirt.
  • Philadelphia 314
    Chicago 1

You could be right......
  • Philadelphia 314
    Chicago 1

You could be right......

well the odds are certainly in my favor, i've seen the Bears play this season.
    Nice shirt.
  • Philadelphia 314
    Chicago 1

You could be right......

well the odds are certainly in my favor, i've seen the Bears play this season.
    If the Seahawks and Steelers, could kick field goals.............

The Bears would be 2-7......

With their ONLY wins against the Lions and Browns....

The Bears fucking stink.....
  • If the Seahawks and Steelers, could kick field goals.............

The Bears would be 2-7......

With their ONLY wins against the Lions and Browns....

The Bears fucking stink.....

Who-Dey
    Nice shirt.
    Christ...this week is going to be ugly.

Bears 17
    Eagles 31
  • mca47 wrote:
    Christ...this week is going to be ugly.

Bears 17
    Eagles 31
    Yep...

Another week of watching Mr. Cutler......

Run for his fucking life......
  • Yep Lions and Browns, the only teams I think that are worse than the Bears right now.

Although Tampa and St. Louis are about equal to the Bears.
    NERDS!
  • Yep Lions and Browns, the only teams I think that are worse than the Bears right now.

I cant wait for the Bears to play the Vikings.....

Petersen will rush for 275 yards...
    Favre will pass for 450 yards....3 TDs.......

Bears lose 55-3....
    We should really be making guesses as to when Cutler gets knocked out/injured for the season...

You know it's going to happen. He's going to get his 1.5 seconds in the pocket, step up and someone is going to plaster him and be done.
    Not that it matters for the purpose of the season, but it's going to be tough watching the franchise QB get busted up because of a shitty line.

I cant wait for the Bears to play the Vikings.....

Petersen will rush for 275 yards...
    Favre will pass for 450 yards....3 TDs.......

Bears lose 55-3....

Hey Speedy,

Don't forget this pathetic O-line is going to have to face Jared Allen and the Williams boys....Cutler might not survive the 2 games left against the Vikings. It's going to be a complete fucking mess.

As for this week...I think we're going to see DeSean Jackson and Maclin running all over the place. This could get ugly...

Eagles 31
    Bears 17

At least we have the Blackhawks!!
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Your Chicago Bears… yeah right :oops:

Virginia Halas McCaskey - Principal Owner (Please sell the team, show a little mercy)

Michael McCaskey - Chairman of the Board (your table in Hell awaits)

Ted Phillips - President and CEO (… and take the space ship with you)

Jerry Angelo - General Manager (never forget: “after much research, we got our guy, proud to announce, Kordell Stewart!!!)

Lovie Smith - Head Coach (no worries, sure to win a super bowl with next team)

Ron Turner - Offensive Coordinator (for the sake of football fans, at all levels, I suggest a change of professions)

Bob Babich - Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers (not your fault, hope you saved)

These seven add to the unemployment line wouldn’t hurt a thing.

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• I just have a feeling that the Bears will hit a pathetic low for the season tonight.......

Even after the Cincy and Arizona debacles.....Tonights game will be worse....

I have a feeling that tonight they will just give up, and lose by 30-40 points....
  • I just have a feeling that the Bears will hit a pathetic low for the season tonight.......

I have a feeling that tonight they will just give up, and lose by 30-40 points....

it seems as if they've already given up, sad to say.

Cutler's head isn't even in the game, and hasn't been for some time.

yep, tonight's match-up may give a whole new meaning to the word debacle.
    Nice shirt.

Mr. Culter spends the entire game running for his fucking life.....

The offensive line is.......well, OFFENSIVE!!!!!

We have no running game whatsoever....

They ruined Devin Hester as a kickoff returner(The BEST to ever return kickoffs in the history of the game) by making him a receiver........

We suck monkey balls.....

Tonight we will suck Eagle's balls...........

Mr. Culter spends the entire game running for his fucking life.....

The offensive line is.......well, OFFENSIVE!!!!!

We have no running game whatsoever....

They ruined Devin Hester as a kickoff returner(The BEST to ever return kickoffs in the history of the game) by making him a receiver........

We suck monkey balls.....

Tonight we will suck Eagle's balls...........

i will never understand the Devin Hester change up, never.
    the man was born to run, and that's all there is to it.

and it's a shame that opportunity has been taken away from him.

it seems as though Lovie doesn't know what to do anymore.

now this is offensive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJNC3dgreaU
    Nice shirt.
  • Watching Brett Favre dismantle the Seahawks.....

Is just fucking FUN!!!!!!

I hope Mr. Favre gets to another SuperBowl..........