2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Chicago just can't do anything right can they? :lol::lol:
    NERDS!
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Wow! Robbie Gould usually makes those.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,990
    Thank you, boys.
  • Nice freaking win. :D

Thanks Chicago :)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,624
    thank you for letting us control our own destiny. :mrgreen:

jay cutler--i knew there was reason i liked ya! god bless you. you magnificent bastard you!
    www.myspace.com
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    HA HA HA!! Suck on that Favre, you bitch!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • It was tough for me to enjoy that victory last night. Especially after the pathetic effort that has been put forth the past few weeks by this team. It's great to see Favre lose, but if this victory leads to Lovie Smith coming back next season, this is the biggest loss of the season.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    It was tough for me to enjoy that victory last night. Especially after the pathetic effort that has been put forth the past few weeks by this team. It's great to see Favre lose, but if this victory leads to Lovie Smith coming back next season, this is the biggest loss of the season.

Favre losing that game, and that game helping Lovie keep his job, a Packers fans dream!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    Loved that game!
  • Detroit 31
    Bears 14

Cutler will end the season with 3 more picks.....

Thank God I dont have to watch these blithering idiots for 8-9 months..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    Detroit 31
    Bears 14

Baseball season is coming up! Oh wait... :(
    Hahaha!

Anyways,
    Bears 34
    Lions 14
  • mca47 wrote:
    Detroit 31
    Bears 14

Baseball season is coming up! Oh wait... :(
    Hahaha!

Anyways,
    Bears 34
    Lions 14
    At least there is hope for next year.....Seriously all we really need is...

A running back (Forte is crap)
    An offensive line (They ALL suck)
    A defensive line...
    Some corners
    Some receivers
    A new coach
    A new general manager
    An offensive coordinator
    And a defensive coordinator

We should be able to take care of all that in 8-9 months...............Even though we gave up are 1st round draft picks for the next 2 years(I think)....................
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Posts: 3,635
    Chicago 21
    Detroit 20

why not have a nail biter to end the season?
    seems appropriate.

Go Bengals! :mrgreen:
    Nice shirt.
    So long 2009 season!

Cutler looked good today. Defense looked like shit.
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Is this the first time Cutler didn't have a pick? (He did fumble but it was recovered by the Bear)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    fix the o line
    get a real offensive cordinator
    fix the seconday
    get a healthy #54

do those 4 things and this team should be pretty decent.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • It's a shame that this organization is too fucking cheap to do the right thing and completely clean house. Angelo has done a terrible job of putting together a talented roster....a majority of his draft picks have been busts. Lovie has completely lost this team and looks absolutely clueless on the sidelines. Turner will take the fall, but the rest of the coaching staff needs to be held accountable for missing the playoffs 3 years in a row after playing in a super bowl.
  • 81 wrote:
    fix the o line
    fix the seconday
    get a healthy #54

#54 is on his last legs...

He might...
    MIGHT
    Have 1 more decent year in him............
    81 wrote:
    fix the o line
    fix the seconday
    get a healthy #54

#54 is on his last legs...

He might...
    MIGHT
    Have 1 more decent year in him............

I actually agree.

Urlacher is getting pretty old.

Coming into this season he said he was finally at 100%. I guess he had nagging injuries that have bothered him the last few years (which may have been a player making excuses why he lost a step...). First game he busted up his wrist, which I suppose could happen to anyone.

I guess the bottom line is this...
    He's older than the average LB. While I think he's certainly better than the average LB, he's no longer the beast he once was and also no longer deserves the kind of money he's making.

I'm not sure what's left on his contract, but if I was in charge I would see what he has next year. If he comes back to even 80% of what he was, then I wouldn't worry.
    Anything less and he hits the trading block.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    Thoughts on Smith not getting fired?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Turner got canned. That is step #1.

I give Smith another year.
  • The QB is the strength of this team. That is saying something considering the year Cutler had. I don't have any problem with Lovie, but Angelo needs to go. His personnel decisions have been incredibly bad and this team is about 6-8 players away from being a playoff caliber team. Considering the parity in the NFL that is a huge gaping maw.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm ok with it. Turner was the biggest issue and he is gone, as is the O line coordinator and Pep. I'm still trying to figure out how PEP became the QB coach.

As long as they bring in a real O coordinator, then things are looking up.

A healthy Urlacher will make the D better. yes, we need to look at getting a new MLB in the near future, but for the short term, we have an above average set of backers. The real issue is the seconday and getting the D line to play like they did the first couple of weeks. ie penetration and sacks.

anybody happen to catch Mike Browns stats? I would have brought him back for anouther year.

still need to upgrade the O line. beyond that, i don't think there are major issues, assuming Forte can return to a form somewhat close to his rookie year, and the recievers continue to improve.

it also interesting to note that when Clark played, the offense was pretty decent, and when he was out, the offense was pretty bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The QB is the strength of this team. That is saying something considering the year Cutler had. I don't have any problem with Lovie, but Angelo needs to go. His personnel decisions have been incredibly bad and this team is about 6-8 players away from being a playoff caliber team. Considering the parity in the NFL that is a huge gaping maw.

No problem with Lovie???? Granted, Angelo hasnt given him much to work with the past couple years, but Lovie is a huge part of the problem too. This team was in the Super Bowl and then doesnt make the playoffs for 3 years in a row!!!! That is unacceptable and it starts with the head coach.
  • 81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I'm ok with it. Turner was the biggest issue and he is gone, as is the O line coordinator and Pep. I'm still trying to figure out how PEP became the QB coach.

As long as they bring in a real O coordinator, then things are looking up.

A healthy Urlacher will make the D better. yes, we need to look at getting a new MLB in the near future, but for the short term, we have an above average set of backers. The real issue is the seconday and getting the D line to play like they did the first couple of weeks. ie penetration and sacks.

anybody happen to catch Mike Browns stats? I would have brought him back for anouther year.

still need to upgrade the O line. beyond that, i don't think there are major issues, assuming Forte can return to a form somewhat close to his rookie year, and the recievers continue to improve.

it also interesting to note that when Clark played, the offense was pretty decent, and when he was out, the offense was pretty bad.

So you're fine with Lovie still being here? These moves today are like putting a band-aid on a gaping wound. We're going to be hearing the same shit all of next season about Lovie losing his job.

The O-line and secondary are the two main areas that need to be improved. It will be tough since we don't draft until the 3rd round (really Angelo, a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams???), but hopefully we can bring in some guys through free agency.

As far as Clark is concerned, he is a much better blocking TE than Olsen which led to the offense performing better with him in there.

I have no idea where we're going to go for an O-coordinator, but let's hope it's someone imaginative who will be able to use the strenghts of our offensive players.
    81 wrote:

That's because Clark is a better "all-around" TE than Olsen.

Olsen is definitely a better receiving TE and has the means to get open, but Clark not only blocks the run but blocks and protects the QB much better.
    Correct. Lovie was not the issue. The offense was the issue, and lovie is a D guy. Yes the D wasn't great this year, but losing 54 hurt, and having a college level seconday didn't help. Not to mention a D line that looked average at best. They need to revamp the D scheme and obviously upgrade the O line and secondary.

The problem this year is the lack of unrestricted free agents. it's going to be tough to bring in anybody. and with no early draft selections it's going to be difficult to get much out of that unless we can trade somebody for a some draft picks. Which then begs, who can you trade without hurting the team and what can you get from them. Beyond LB, there really isn't any depth on the squad, unless you count the WR's and none of them are going to bring anything of substance.

Next year is going to suck unless players really step up and the new schemes are an improvement. Crazier things have happended.

Realistically, i'm on a 5 year plan for real title contention.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:

Olsen is definitely a better receiving TE and has the means to get open, but Clark not only blocks the run but blocks and protects the QB much better.

agreed. seems liek he also has better hands and they don't get fancy with him on routes.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

agreed. seems liek he also has better hands and they don't get fancy with him on routes.

And Clark doesn't immediately fall over the instant someone touches him like Olsen does. Hahahaha!
    Must be top-heavy or something! :lol:

Either way, TE is actually one of the positions that doesn't need help. Hard to believe! :D
    Gaines Adams dies at 26.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/n ... id=4833908

Wow. :shock: