2009 Chicago Bears!!!!!!!!

1789101113»

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    mca47 wrote:
    Gaines Adams dies at 26.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/n ... id=4833908

Wow. :shock:
    RIP, so young, very sad, reports are it was Cardiac Arrest.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    Hue Jackson was supposed to interview with the Bears today for the OC job. Before interviewing, he accepted the RAIDERS OC position. Ya, the same Oakland organization run by fire-happy Al Davis. That tells me a lot anout the perception of our organization.
  • Hue Jackson was supposed to interview with the Bears today for the OC job. Before interviewing, he accepted the RAIDERS OC position. Ya, the same Oakland organization run by fire-happy Al Davis. That tells me a lot anout the perception of our organization.

Pretty sad huh? This guy wont even talk to the Bears, but he accepts the OC job with Oakland and Oakland's organization is a joke. The Bears fucked up big time by bringing Lovie back. No one wants to come here because it is obvious Lovie is in a win or get fired situation.
    It's a combo of that and no one wants to work with Jay "The OC Destroyer" Cutler.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    it's official, Martz is the OC.

I predict next season will either be really good, or really bad.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    We don't have the personel to run the complicated Martz offensive. Our players are not talented or smart enough.
    and we get a new TE, DE and RB

It's always nice to have players from my college on the roster.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,826
    I can't believe these cheap bastards actually opened up their wallets and spent some money!!! Pretty exciting day and a great start to free agency for DA BEARS!!
    great pickups on paper but i hope they spent it wisely...peppers and taylor are both 30 and that's high for the NFL. I just hope they don't become like the 'Skins over paying old players and getting nothing out of them.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    I like this more than Cutler...let's go get Rolle now!
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Sawyer wrote:
    I like this more than Cutler...let's go get Rolle now!
    Too late, the Giants got him! 8-)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    I like the signings, though that kind of money on a 6 year deal for Peppers?...

He's one of the best D-linemen in the game, but he's not exactly "young" anymore. If he stays healthy, he's really got probably 3 more high level years left (if he follows suit for linemen in the NFL). Overall, I was surprised and pretty happy about the deal.

Taylor is a solid back and should do a good job either backing up Forte or subbing in.

Not sure why they went after another TE. Are they getting rid of Clark?

Either way, seeing the Bears involved in some big moves is always good to see!

Now, let's try to work out some stuff to get an O-lineman or two in...
    the Peppers deal is really a 3 year deal...he gets big money, then it drops off

the TE is a blocking te...we need all the help we can get on the oline. i suspect Clarke is just about done.

i can't believe we couldn't Bolden. friggen 3rd and 4th round pick was all it took for Baltimore to land him, and our picks in those rounds should have been better. we should have got him. fuck the draft, i'll take a proven player. oh wait, we got juleo inglasious last year in the 3rd round...well, i'll be damned :roll:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    mca47 wrote:
    I like the signings, though that kind of money on a 6 year deal for Peppers?...

He's one of the best D-linemen in the game, but he's not exactly "young" anymore. If he stays healthy, he's really got probably 3 more high level years left (if he follows suit for linemen in the NFL). Overall, I was surprised and pretty happy about the deal.

Taylor is a solid back and should do a good job either backing up Forte or subbing in.

Not sure why they went after another TE. Are they getting rid of Clark?

Either way, seeing the Bears involved in some big moves is always good to see!

Now, let's try to work out some stuff to get an O-lineman or two in...

I'm sure Peppers wont be here for much more than 3 or 4 years. First 3 years pays him a good portion of the contract. He is a beast when he wants to be....let's hope he doesnt start dogging it now that he got paid.

I really like the Taylor move. He is 30, but doesnt have as many miles on his body as most RB's at that age. Plus, he's great at catching balls out of the backfield which is a big part of Martz's offense. And he makes the VIkings worse!

The TE is a straight up blocker. He has played in Martz's system before. It sure seems like Martz had a big say in these FA pickups.

Now its time for O-line and safety help! Still hoping they will realize that Tillman would be perfect for safety.
    I think Peppers will be cut after this year bc the bears dont wanna pay the rest that his contract. He is getting up there in years.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I think Peppers will be cut after this year bc the bears dont wanna pay the rest that his contract. He is getting up there in years.

not quite. technically, it was a 7 year deal, but in reality, it's more of a 3 year deal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • drtyfrnk29drtyfrnk29 Posts: 846
    Any word on whether they're gonna let Wale go in FA now that they've brought in Peppers? While Peppers was a beast in Carolina I've seen too many FA players come in and bust in Chicago.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

I've not heard anything on Wale. It would make sense to keep him, if they could do it on the cheap.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Bears signed CB Tim Jennings to a 2-year deal. This news kinda flew under the rador. Is he any good?
    not really :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Looks like Alex Brown is being shopped around. I'm glad he'll be going bc the 5 sacks/yr doesn't cut it with me.
    Davidtrios wrote:
    Looks like Alex Brown is being shopped around. I'm glad he'll be going bc the 5 sacks/yr doesn't cut it with me.

I doubt they'll be able to get much for a DE in his early 30s who averages 6-7 sacks a year. Maybe a late round draft pick?
    yes, i think the goal here is getting picks. the cutler trade left the bears handcuffed. maybe a washington redskins would give us a 3rd rounder for him :D