2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    OMG, WOW I got it right just not in the correct order. :D

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • had it all the way.
    what are you? high? drunk?

we didnt win that game.. the bills lost it haha :P
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Seriously though the defense has to have a better pass rush and the offensive line MUST protect Brady.

Kudos to Buffalo for their play tonight

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• what a game.
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Great game. If they had that much trouble against the Bills, we are in for one tough season.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    And THAT is why the Bills are the Bills.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    Great game. If they had that much trouble against the Bills, we are in for one tough season.

Absolutely nothing in the NFL is easy especially for the Patriots but they certainly know how to make you bite your nails.

Peace

• Great game. If they had that much trouble against the Bills, we are in for one tough season.

I genuinely think the Pats are trying to get acclimated to their new team and Brady to his new season. Like fine wine, they'll get better with age.
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    edited September 2009
    Holy shit. What a game. Was running around my house like a lunatic after that 2nd (4th quarter) score. Wow!

Bills played a hell of a game. Good for them. We were fucking lucky to get the W. I'll take it.

Brady just getting comfortable. Seemed like he found himself with that second to last scoring drive.
    Post edited by Wilds on
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    One of the funnier moments of the game, Ben Watson hugging the mascot after a TD ... heh ...

pats13__1252984232_0682.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    I hate Leodis McKelvin.

what a moron
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    I hate Leodis McKelvin.

what a moron

That was one of many mistakes that they made that cost them the game. Way too many penalties that killed good drives.

I've told my Patriot friends that the defense is going to be the problem this year and it'll be even worse if Mayo is out. You can also add the O line to the list of concerns. Matt Light is way over rated. He goes against a good speed rusher and he gets his lunch handed to him.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    My favorite moment of the whole night was the stupid friggin Wes Welker 4 yard out on 4th and 3 falling incomplete. If I might borrow a quote from the Black Eyed Peas (haha) you guys are soooooo 2000 and late. Rocky offense that will put up points eventually, but a D that gave up 17 pts to a Bills offense that just fired its offensive coordinator?!?!?! Plus red flags have to be up since Mayo is injured, probably badly, Light looking like poop, and how many 3rd downs did the Bills convert in a row - like 5?!? I'm not a Jets fan by any means, but after watching them handle the Texans on Sunday this Division may not be as easy for you to capture as I thought a few days ago. Rex Ryan has had success against you all so we'll see.
    I've told my Patriot friends that the defense is going to be the problem this year and it'll be even worse if Mayo is out. You can also add the O line to the list of concerns. Matt Light is way over rated. He goes against a good speed rusher and he gets his lunch handed to him.

The defense ... actually only gave up 212 yards passing and 90 yards rushing. And 17 points, remember 7 were off Brady's pick six.

I will say Mayo being out for an extended perioud would hurt. And you got to think after a night where the Pats had a rough time getting pressure on Edwards, it was tough to watch Seymour get 2 sacks in Oakland. ooof.

Matt Light did look really bad in the first half ... but, in the 2nd half, the offense started to click. I'm not worried at all about the offense.

We'll see. This team is no 16 - 0 contender ... but, I still think 12 - 4 with a playoff berth is well within reach.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    Jimed I'm with you, but any thoughts that this team was just automatically going to revert to 2007 is unlikely. As the radio announcers were saying the NFL has changed 5 times since Brady went down with his knee injury so there's a lot to catch up with. Anyway it wasn't the yardage or pts (17 against the Bills still sucks), it was the fact that you couldn't get off the field when you needed to that I would be worried. It's easy enough to plow through offenses when you're up 30, but if games are going to be close this year you're gonna have to stop other teams late and they couldn't do that against the Bills.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Jimed I'm with you, but any thoughts that this team was just automatically going to revert to 2007 is unlikely. As the radio announcers were saying the NFL has changed 5 times since Brady went down with his knee injury so there's a lot to catch up with. Anyway it wasn't the yardage or pts (17 against the Bills still sucks), it was the fact that you couldn't get off the field when you needed to that I would be worried. It's easy enough to plow through offenses when you're up 30, but if games are going to be close this year you're gonna have to stop other teams late and they couldn't do that against the Bills.

There are a ton of new guys on the defense, and the Bills were running a no huddle. I think that had a lot to do with the ineffectiveness on third down. As well as losing Mayo in the first quarter. Just like the offense, the defense needs a little time to get their act going.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they'll be no better than the middle of the league in points allowed. But, they'll get a little better.

• jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

There are a ton of new guys on the defense, and the Bills were running a no huddle. I think that had a lot to do with the ineffectiveness on third down. As well as losing Mayo in the first quarter. Just like the offense, the defense needs a little time to get their act going.

Don't get me wrong, I still think they'll be no better than the middle of the league in points allowed. But, they'll get a little better.

The offense became really effective when Brady went to a 3 step drop out of the shot gun. The quick passes really held off the rush off Buffalo. The problem is going to be when they play the top 1/3 of the league. Buffalo was in the bottom 1/3 of all offensive stats, fired their OC 10 days ago and started 3 rookies on the O line. If they end up in the middle of the pack in defensive scoring they could be in big trouble. When they were winning Super Bowls the D was always in the top 5 of scoring defense.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Mayo has sprained MCL...worst case 6-8 weeks out but some say he'll be back sooner.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... l_in_knee/
    Mayo has sprained MCL...worst case 6-8 weeks out but some say he'll be back sooner.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/p ... l_in_knee/

Pats are talking with Derrick Brooks ... he's probably got a choice of offers between the Pats and Bears (Urlacher)

• I keep forgetting about this site.

http://espn.go.com/boston/index
    I didn't see the game tough loss, a divisional road loss are always hard to take. OK who's next?

Peace

• The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    Being a lifelong suffering Jet fan, I cannot begin to express how good it feels right now..yes, only two games in, but the defense is scary good and unrelenting....Sanchez threw for 15 yards in the first half, and still completely out played the hall of famer, Brady....finally, a team who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk :D ..

Also, seriously what's up Belichick? We all know the guy is a grade A prick, which is fine because he wins, but can the little weasel at least look Ryan in the eye? And then, when Sanchez approached him out of respect, the guy ignored him..what's the deal?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
  • Any truth to this.....Wes Welker is not/was not really hurt. In actuality he's been suspended by BB because saturday he went and traveled to the texas vs. texas tech game and was not supposed to???
    I cant see how he would do that given they were in NY already but ya never know with these guys. But i've heard its true and they are using the knee as a cover up.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • The Champ wrote:
    Being a lifelong suffering Jet fan, I cannot begin to express how good it feels right now..yes, only two games in, but the defense is scary good and unrelenting....Sanchez threw for 15 yards in the first half, and still completely out played the hall of famer, Brady....finally, a team who not only talks the talk, but walks the walk :D ..

Also, seriously what's up Belichick? We all know the guy is a grade A prick, which is fine because he wins, but can the little weasel at least look Ryan in the eye? And then, when Sanchez approached him out of respect, the guy ignored him..what's the deal?

I wouldn't write of the Pats quite yet, but the defense for the Jets did look good and inspired. But Ryan is a loudmouth and had been making stupid quips like he wasn't going to kiss BB's rings or he wants to embarrass the Pats, etc. He definitely fired up his team, for sure, but I think a good defensive team can rattle Sanchez's cage a bit. BB didn't pressure much, which surprised me.
  • The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    The Champ wrote:

I wouldn't write of the Pats quite yet, but the defense for the Jets did look good and inspired. But Ryan is a loudmouth and had been making stupid quips like he wasn't going to kiss BB's rings or he wants to embarrass the Pats, etc. He definitely fired up his team, for sure, but I think a good defensive team can rattle Sanchez's cage a bit. BB didn't pressure much, which surprised me.

Definitely am not writing them off by any means..Brady, Moss, Welker, Taylor, Galloway etc..you guys are still stacked and once Brady gets back into rhythm, the team will be very dangerous..the defense looks a little shaky right now..

Honestly, this is all gravy right now as most of the Jet fans are not exactly expecting a Super Bowl win with a rookie QB, but our future certainly looks promising, especially with this ferocious defense....and yeah, so far they have walked the walk but I wish they'd pipe down just a bit....and btw, it was Rhodes who made the comment about wanting to embarrass the Pats, which they ultimately did :) ...anyway, Belichick is such a sore loser little baby :D ..
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'
    Been up in Seattle for a week or so, what did I miss? Ohhhh ...

Oh noooo ... we suck again!

Waterboy_2.jpg

No Welker, no Mayo, no Wilfork ... and some cement hands from Galloway and Edelman ... but, a win is a win, especially against a tough Atlanta team.

Brady still needs to improve on the accuracy, but hey, for all the shit they've gotten, the defense still hasn't given up 300 yards in offense to any team yet.

I'll take 2 - 1 with the issues so far.

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    jimed14 wrote:
    No Welker, no Mayo, no Wilfork ... and some cement hands from Galloway and Edelman ... but, a win is a win, especially against a tough Atlanta team.

Brady still needs to improve on the accuracy, but hey, for all the shit they've gotten, the defense still hasn't given up 300 yards in offense to any team yet.

I'll take 2 - 1 with the issues so far.

I'm with you. I think the first 5-6 games will be rocky but they will be OK. The rest of the season I feel they will click and we will be seeing the Pats well into January and hopefully that big game in February.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • So much for Atlanta being the next big thing. They had 2 paper tiger wins at home, indoors, and they were closer than the score indicates. They stood no chance against the team with only 1 back to back loss pairs in 6 years.