2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    So, I get home form the music festival today, turn on some preseason football ... and they report that Tedy Bruschi is retiring! Damn, we'll miss you five-four.

The pic I'll always think of when I think of Bru ...

tedy%20bruschi%203%20time%20champion.JPG
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    So, I get home form the music festival today, turn on some preseason football ... and they report that Tedy Bruschi is retiring! Damn, we'll miss you five-four.

tedy%20bruschi%203%20time%20champion.JPG
    Sad but True!!! Thanks for everything Tedy!!! :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    I think it was mentioned in a different thread but ... big trade this weekend ...

Pats send Seymour to the Raiders for the Raiders 1st round pick in the 2011 draft.

Kind of funny as I was at a wine festival which had a Raiderettes tent when I heard about the deal ... and me, wearing my Patriots hat, walked up to talk shit to the guy manning the tent. :D

"Looks like I'll be pulling for the Raiders to suck next year ... well, actually, nothing new there!"

and

"I hope this deal works out as well as that Randy Moss for a 4th round pick deal worked out for the Pats."

We had a laugh about it. :lol:

I guess Seymour is delaying his report to Oakland, hope this doesn't get messy and the Pats end up with a disgruntled Seymour back on their roster.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:

Sad but True!!! Thanks for everything Tedy!!! :D

He's off to ESPN. Thanks for everything Bru-man.

In the meantime......

http://boston.barstoolsports.com/random ... atest-bar/
    ok ... all the week one hoopla is so yesterday ... tonight, we rock!

LET'S GO PATS!!!!

PatriotslogoPatPatriot.gif

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    jimed14 wrote:
    ok ... all the week one hoopla is so yesterday ... tonight, we rock!

LET'S GO PATS!!!!

PatriotslogoPatPatriot.gif

As you already know my favorite logo of the Patriots 50 year history.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• make it 12 in a row against buffalo!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • I wish that I was tailgating in Foxboro right now, but I'll be watching the game with my father. True story: My father was a stockholder of the Patriots many, many years ago and of course was a season ticketholder. He has a picture from the Patriot Ledger (probably called differently like Quincy Ledger at that time) from when Schafer Stadium was built with him, Billy Sullivan and about twenty other persons in front of the site. He sold his stock to help me with college and the other kids and his season tickets as well. One of my cherished memories is being a young kid, sitting on the aluminum bleachers of the Patriots with 12,000 fans in the stands watching a game and having my first taste of a beer with the old man. Great times.

Tonight, our quest for the fourth world title in the 21st century begins. After this season, Brady will eclipse Montana as The Best Ever. You can quote me.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    that pregame show was rediculous. Did Jaws actually say he wanted to run out on the field and give Brady a hug?
  • the fixer plus pats equals awesomeness.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    that pregame show was rediculous. Did Jaws actually say he wanted to run out on the field and give Brady a hug?

i so miss patrick, theismann and maguire.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    they slide Force of Nature in there too. caught it earlier.
    Old School tonight heard the fixer, now where's my vintage red #80 Irving Fryar jersey? I betcha some of you have no idea who that might be with PEE WEE on the back?

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

g under p wrote:
    Old School tonight heard the fixer, now where's my vintage red #80 Irving Fryar jersey? I betcha some of you have no idea who that might be with PEE WEE on the back?

Peace

Seeing Chris Baker in a Red jersey emblazoned with an "86" is so wrong ...

that's the Stanley Steamer's jersey!!!

ok boys, enough fucking around, let's get going.

• wtf
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    wtf

Fuck.
    that's more like it.

worried about the D though, especially if Mayo is out.

jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

Seeing Chris Baker in a Red jersey emblazoned with an "86" is so wrong ...

that's the Stanley Steamer's jersey!!!

ok boys, enough fucking around, let's get going.

Damn it nice play by the Bills. Stanley morgan 534 receptions which stood for 17 years. I just remember all those wristbands he used to wear. :)

Peace

Matt Light is having an AWFUL game.

Wow, he really sucks right now.

If they can protect Brady this offense will be able to click cause the defense is looking soft so far.

Peace

• jimed14 wrote:

agreed. and Stanley Morgan is my all-time favorite Patriot. From Tennessee. Grogan to Morgan....TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jimed14 wrote:

agreed. and Stanley Morgan is my all-time favorite Patriot. From Tennessee. Grogan to Morgan....TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they just showed Steamer!!!!! All the legends of Patriots nation!
    jimed14 wrote:

they just showed Steamer!!!!! All the legends of Patriots nation!

Matt Light was on the Patriots 50 year team as well ... :lol:

I'll never forget the fully laid out catch Morgan made in Tampa vs the creamcicle Bucs ... unbelievable catch.

Geeez I leave to put my daughter to bed and Patriots Defense give up a TD. Must have a defensive stop & Five minutes to score 14.

peace

FUMBLE!!!

DAMN I could be RIGHT! :D

Peace

TOUCHDOWN!

Peace

Let's just chill ... calm .... :50 left ... need to stop them one more time.

for the record, I was anything BUT chill when they scored :D

Lucky as FUCK to be 1 - 0!!!

• had it all the way.