2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Very disappointing today. It's safe to say that there will be no more easy teams this year. Carolina, Buffalo, Jacksonville and Houston are all tough teams and Pats fans can only hope for an 11-5 season. Last year 11-5 wasn't enough to make the playoffs so all bets are off.
    yeah but a 11-5 season WILL get us in, guaranteed.

True. I didn't account that both Miami and NY are 6-6. Just hope that the Texans don't give us a run like they did Indy last week.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    The Patsies will be fine...

...as long as the rest of the games are at Gillette Stadium!!!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I missed every second of this game.

I think I would have hurt someone ... or myself.

Brady's comments say it all ... can't remember when this team has had less fight in them.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    That Sucks!!! :(

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • vd.gif
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    Is rookie Vontae Davis really giving Brady crap for the few interceptions this year?

Or was the conversation more like ...

Vontae Davis: "Ha ha, man, I'm only this many championship rings behind you." (lifts 2 fingers)

Tom Brady: (shooting him one more finger) "Uh, you forgot one."

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    Is rookie Vontae Davis really giving Brady crap for the few interceptions this year?

Or was the conversation more like ...

Vontae Davis: "Ha ha, man, I'm only this many championship rings behind you." (lifts 2 fingers)

Tom Brady: (shooting him one more finger) "Uh, you forgot one."

Nah. Tom doesn't live in the past and you know that. He lives in the now and he knows that his decade-long stranglehold on the AFC East is slowly fading away.

And I like that attitude of Davis giving a top player like Brady crap. It is sort of blasphemous in a way...but when I was young I totally loved when young unproven players would give guys like Joe Montana the same treatment. Ya sort of got to do that to keep up with these guys who have accomplished so much already and have an obvious edge.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    It's all good with me.

And the kid appears he can back it up, unlike that Db on the Steelers a few years ago who was talking trash and Brady lit him up. And Brady let him know about it.

• jimed14 wrote:
    It's all good with me.

And the kid appears he can back it up, unlike that Db on the Steelers a few years ago who was talking trash and Brady lit him up. And Brady let him know about it.

yeah exactly. that Steeler guy looked like a chump out there. and of course the next time Brady smokes Vonte Davis he's going to let him hear about it...as he should.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • huge rebound game for the pats next sunday.. merriweather and bodden have to be licking their chops knowing who's coming to town.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    Here comes the "tough guy" / "we mean business" routine ...

Despite the traffic and the snow ... 4 guys sent home today (Moss, A Thomas, Guyton and Burgess) when they showed up late for Wednesday meetings.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    While you talking about Brady shutting people up and letting them know about it....just a reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lk-wWUQ ... re=related
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    While you talking about Brady shutting people up and letting them know about it....just a reminder.

Yup, the Giants kicked some serious ass that day.

But let's not forget, if that Manning to Tyree play with about 5 crazy twists doesn't happen. Or Asante Samuel holds onto the interception ... you'd all be getting hit over the head how Tom Brady led the Pats down the field with 2 minutes left to win that superbowl, his 4th, and went undefeated. 2 minutes away.

He put his team in position to win ... but the Giants outplayed them.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    jimed14 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

But let's not forget, if that Manning to Tyree play with about 5 crazy twists doesn't happen. Or Asante Samuel holds onto the interception ... you'd all be getting hit over the head how Tom Brady led the Pats down the field with 2 minutes left to win that superbowl, his 4th, and went undefeated. 2 minutes away.

I hear you. Tyree play wouldn't happen again in 1000 tries but it did that day. Samuel could have ended it.

It was a great game and a lot of fun.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

I hear you. Tyree play wouldn't happen again in 1000 tries but it did that day. Samuel could have ended it.

It was a great game and a lot of fun.

Believe me, if the Pats hadn't won 3 championships prior to that, I'd be devistated about it. As is ... it sucks they lost that game but mostly because I gotta hear about it, not becuase I'm broken up about it.

• Crazy to think how much has changed since 4th and 2, who would have thought that the whole tone around this team would change on that one play.
    Crazy to think how much has changed since 4th and 2, who would have thought that the whole tone around this team would change on that one play.

Well, for the record, I think the Saints game proved Belichick was right for going for it on 4th and two, the defense is a sieve.

Still a month left in the season, and they still have the lead in the AFC east. I'm not giving up.

Jeesh, the Pats look poor today. It took them 28:52 to score a fuckin touchdown. They better turn on the energy in the second half if they want to win this one.

An ugly win still equals a win. Lost the turnover battle 0 - 3, yet, still won.

Still #1 in the AFC east ... which, means, they are still in it.

Keeping the faith for this year ... even if they don't look good right now.

jimed14 wrote:

Same here. I can let my breath out now that the clock ran out.

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:

I was at the game today. It was just as ugly in person....but still a win. I'll take it.
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    Whizbang wrote:
    I was at the game today. It was just as ugly in person....but still a win. I'll take it.

Hope you found one way or another to stay warm.

Beginning of the the third quarter, the shot of the stadium, it looked half empty. :lol:

jimed14 wrote:
    Whizbang wrote:

Hope you found one way or another to stay warm.

Beginning of the the third quarter, the shot of the stadium, it looked half empty. :lol:

that's because we were taking cover from the rain during half time.

I was ready for snow....plus Bloody Marys for breakfast......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I'll certainly take the win but that WAS ugly and I'm glad that game wasn't on the tube.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    g under p wrote:
    I'll certainly take the win but that WAS ugly and I'm glad that game wasn't on the tube.

Peace

it was on fox
    Yeah, this is why we love Tom Brady and the rest of the world can suck it in a pool of their own jealousy.

From Peter King's MMQB ...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

You've got to like Tom Brady trying to put the pressure for the Patriots' performance down the stretch on his shoulders. "Put it on me,'' he said over the cell phone on his way home from Foxboro on Sunday evening. "That's where I want it -- on me.'' You asked for it, you got it. We talked for maybe 15 minutes, and I'd have thought he'd be exasperated by a few things -- Moss, how poorly they were playing across the board the last month, the fourth-down-conversion problems, the Adalius Thomas fiasco. But no. Brady was ridiculously optimistic. "It's like a heavyweight fight,'' he said. "A boxing match. We just gotta keep fighting. We're not the same team as we were last year or the year before, but I haven't lost faith in us at all. It's just that our margin of error is so small.'' Whereas in 2007, Brady had a couple of professional receivers, Donte Stallworth and Jabar Gaffney, as his third and fourth wideouts after Moss and Welker, now he's got the green Aiken and Julian Edelman (who's been hurt consistently).

New England's 8-5, a game ahead of the Jets and Dolphins, with the Bills, Jags and Texans on the schedule to finish up. Not too hard, not too easy for the old Patriots, but for these Patriots, where everything comes hard? "We're 7-0 at home,'' Brady said. "We just put up 470 yards of offense against a good defense in Miami. We got the best coach in history. Shoot, once the playoffs start, if we're fortunate enough to make them, anything can happen. We were 18-0 and didn't win the Super Bowl. You never know. Don't lose faith in us.'' When I got off the phone with him, I thought: That's what he's going to say to his team this week.

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Whizbang wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

hey i was there as well! luckily my seats were under cover and i didn't get wet. sloppy start, but a win is a win.
    I love to turn you on
    Buffalo's suck factor is giving us some help today.....

not pretty but given the injuries, I'll take the win.

somebody get T.O. a tissue!

Whizbang wrote:
    not pretty but given the injuries, I'll take the win.

somebody get T.O. a tissue!

defense looked REAL good today I know agianst Buffalo)

Jets lose, and Miami is tied late. If the Dolphins lose, Pats will be up 2 games with 2 games left.

edit - Titans win in OT.

Pats up by 2 games with only 2 games left.