2009 New England Patriots thread

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    I wonder who the Jets play in the next 2 games cause if they have a home game I'll head down the turnpike and catch a game, then bask in the sun.

Great win today I was seriously worried about this Bills game.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• g under p wrote:
    I wonder who the Jets play in the next 2 games cause if they have a home game I'll head down the turnpike and catch a game, then bask in the sun.

Great win today I was seriously worried about this Bills game.

Peace

The Jets host the Bengals in the last game of the season.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    This is a win and now we're in. Bring on Houston but I don't think they will overplay their starters next week. My guess is Wilfork will stay out next week and rest for the postseason. Brady will start but depending on how it goes, he will sit early. I have a feeling we will be seeing Cincinatti in the first round. It doesn't matter cause at least we're in.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • This is a win and now we're in. Bring on Houston but I don't think they will overplay their starters next week. My guess is Wilfork will stay out next week and rest for the postseason. Brady will start but depending on how it goes, he will sit early. I have a feeling we will be seeing Cincinatti in the first round. It doesn't matter cause at least we're in.
    nope. cincy has the 4 seed locked up. so as of right now we would face the jets.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    This is a win and now we're in. Bring on Houston but I don't think they will overplay their starters next week. My guess is Wilfork will stay out next week and rest for the postseason. Brady will start but depending on how it goes, he will sit early. I have a feeling we will be seeing Cincinatti in the first round. It doesn't matter cause at least we're in.
    nope. cincy has the 4 seed locked up. so as of right now we would face the jets.

I don't see the Jets beating the Bengals next week. The only reason they beat Indy was because of no Peyton. I definately see the Ravens beating Oakland so my guess would be the Ravens and Pats in the first round. That will be one hell of a game. But anything is possible this year.

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488

I don't see the Jets beating the Bengals next week. The only reason they beat Indy was because of no Peyton. I definately see the Ravens beating Oakland so my guess would be the Ravens and Pats in the first round. That will be one hell of a game. But anything is possible this year.

The Ravens are the one team I don't want the Pats to face, even if they are struggling. I feel they are the best of the wild card teams that could handle coming into Foxboro(ugh).
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    it's gonna be tough if you gotta play the Ravens, Colts, and Bolts to win the AFC
    RW81233 wrote:
    it's gonna be tough if you gotta play the Ravens, Colts, and Bolts to win the AFC

wow, you should be on ESPN with analysis like that. ;)

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    RW81233 wrote:

We love a challenge. We beat the Ravens in the reg. season so I think it's possible to happen in the post season. the bolts will be a challenge, and if the rusty colts don't lose in the first round, if it comes down to the Pats vs Colts in the AFC championship, I think we will have their number even in Indy. We almost beat them in Indy during the reg season do if Belichick learned his 4th and 2 lesson, I think we will see NO or MIN in the Superbowl.

I think we will see NO or MIN in the Superbowl.

The NFC is completely up in the air ... The Saints have lost two in a row at home ... the Vikings have lost back to back games to the Panthers and Bears ... anything can happen.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    RW81233 wrote:

i think you'll be watching SD play the Eagles... ;)
    www.myspace.com
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

haha i just wanna win this goddamn wild turkey bet...then i'll leave you alone unless you try to pull at 50 pt a night perfect season again.
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

besides it could be a joke if its the jets, bengals, and lame ass colts
    RW81233 wrote:

i think you'll be watching SD play the Eagles... ;)

That is very possible. The Chargers are on fire. It all depends if the bye week is kind to them.

Check it out, the Yahoo playoff generator ... you enter the game results, it generates the seeds and tells you who plays whom and where.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ... gorithm=pa

I've got scenarios to work that have the Pats facing each of the Ravens, Steelers, Dolphins, Texans, Jaguars and Broncos ...

Can't seems to find one that has the Jets facing the Pats.

You are exactly right...I failed to consider the fact that the Jets play the Bengals in Week 17 and so both can't possibly win which is the only way that the Pats could get passed for the 3 seed AND the Jets qualify in the 5th spot. So basically, if the teams hold serve (Jets and Ravens) you get the Ravens, Chargers (in SD), and likely the Colts (in Indy). And that's just to get out of the AFC. Drunken futures wagers for obnoxious amounts of alcohol are so fun.
    Ooops...wrong again http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ... 6=44181545. All that has to happen is the Ravens win, the Dolphins beat Pittsburgh, New England beats Houston, and the Bengals and Jets play to a thrilling tie. It's a very likely scenario.
    RW81233 wrote:
    Ooops...wrong again http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscen ... 6=44181545. All that has to happen is the Ravens win, the Dolphins beat Pittsburgh, New England beats Houston, and the Bengals and Jets play to a thrilling tie. It's a very likely scenario.

Ha, a tie.

But, man .. the Pats could play one of 7 teams! That's pretty amazing.

• WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Houston practically gave us this game.....and we handed it right back with 21 unanswered points. Ugh....

Welker out for the season and next - torn ACL & MCL. not good......
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    The game meant nothing ... I'm guessing the Pats didn't want to show too much as there was a chance they could be playing the Texans next week.

And before anyone starts whining about how Welker shouldn't have been playing, it was a non-contact play, that injury could have happened in practice.

If y'all want to jump on the doom and gloom train, be my guest ... but I will not be joining you.

Anyway, looking forward to the Ravens (as that's who the Pats will be playing) ... Edelman stepped in nicely today (10 catches for 103 yds). We'll get a few guys back that sat with injuries today (Wilfork and Warren most notably on defense).

Having it come out that Brady is playing with broken ribs sucks, as you knwo the Ravens will be aiming for his midsection every chance they get.

Ravens haven't looked as sharp the last few weeks, but, it'll still be a tough game.

Q. What did Randy Moss say to Wes Welker on his way off the field?
    A. I made you bitch now watch me make Edelman good.
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    jimed14 wrote:
    The game meant nothing ... I'm guessing the Pats didn't want to show too much as there was a chance they could be playing the Texans next week.

And before anyone starts whining about how Welker shouldn't have been playing, it was a non-contact play, that injury could have happened in practice.

If y'all want to jump on the doom and gloom train, be my guest ... but I will not be joining you.

Anyway, looking forward to the Ravens (as that's who the Pats will be playing) ... Edelman stepped in nicely today (10 catches for 103 yds). We'll get a few guys back that sat with injuries today (Wilfork and Warren most notably on defense).

Having it come out that Brady is playing with broken ribs sucks, as you knwo the Ravens will be aiming for his midsection every chance they get.

Ravens haven't looked as sharp the last few weeks, but, it'll still be a tough game.

Definitely not on the doom and gloom....sucks he got hurt, sure....but we didn't lay down when Brady went out for the year so I doubt we will now. Hated to see them give up the points in the 4th, been kind of their trouble zone on the road all year. We're in the playoffs, that's all that matters.

Looking forward to the Ravens as well.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
    RW81233 wrote:

I don't know if that's trying to be funny, a compliment to Moss, or what. :?:

I think Edelman will step up and fill in for Welker nicely next week against Baltimore. It will impact them in the long run not having Welker. No doubt Belichick will be looking for a free agent wide reciever in the off season.

jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

I don't know if that's trying to be funny, a compliment to Moss, or what. :?:
    I don't live there but from what I heard this year on WEEI is that all of the Pats problems stem from Randy Moss, and that if he were more like Welker, the team would be Super Bowl champions. What they are forgetting is that Welker gets open so much because Randy Moss is his counterpart. This is especially true when Moss is compared to the various jokers Welker played with at Miami. So, yeah that was a compliment to Moss, and Edelman is about to demonstrate that Welker is a Brett Perriman-like receiver. Great when he has a top level teammate, average when without. That said, I did clear a space on my home bar for the 2 gallons of Wild Turkey I'm about to win. Almost went double or nothing on my argument that Welker's first non-Moss year, would yield less than 85 receptions, but my friend realized a losing bet when he saw it.
    RW81233 wrote:
    I don't live there but from what I heard this year on WEEI is that all of the Pats problems stem from Randy Moss, and that if he were more like Welker, the team would be Super Bowl champions.

WEEI? Really? No point in listening to the lugnuts that call into a radio show, or rather, who WEEI chooses to air.

Anyone that doesn't realize a vast majority of their problems stem from the defense, hasn't been watching.

jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:
    I don't live there but from what I heard this year on WEEI is that all of the Pats problems stem from Randy Moss, and that if he were more like Welker, the team would be Super Bowl champions.

WEEI? Really? No point in listening to the lugnuts that call into a radio show, or rather, who WEEI chooses to air.

Anyone that doesn't realize a vast majority of their problems stem from the defense, hasn't been watching.

Exactly! The defense is the reason they aren't a 14-2 or 13-3 team. Meriweather, Mayo, and Wilfork are really the only three talented D players. The rest really need more experience.

jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Yeah but don't they reflect/help shape the average New Englander's opinion? I know that a handful of you have the ability to think deeper than that, but most Pats/Sawx fans I know just kind of repeat the EEI line. Anyway I agree that most of your problems are on defense, but wtf was Brady doing on that pass in the 4th qtr?
    RW81233 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Yeah but don't they reflect/help shape the average New Englander's opinion? I know that a handful of you have the ability to think deeper than that, but most Pats/Sawx fans I know just kind of repeat the EEI line. Anyway I agree that most of your problems are on defense, but wtf was Brady doing on that pass in the 4th qtr?

Brady's got broken ribs and a broken index finger, not sure why he was in past a few series ... but, I have more of an issue that Moss was still in the game after Welker went out.

But, all the players I see interviewed (all those on NFL Network, ESPN, etc) keep saying the same thing ... "Players play, that's what they do." ... I really think it's something fans cannot understand, and just have to deal with.

Actually, what really sucks about today's events, the Pats are the #3 seed.

So no matter what happens, if they beat the Ravens, they have to go to San Diego. Would much rather face the Colts in the divisional round.