Philly Hotels

Comments

• i just did the priceline name your price
    got the residence inn philly airport for $60 a night plus taxes , free parking
    aloft was the other one i was looking at but the reviews were half and half
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    are there any places around the spectrum to grab a drink before the show? or is the immediate area just venues and parking lots?
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    working on a group rate at the Holiday Inn (STADIUM).... if you don't care about the tourist thing, parking is free, plus you can walk to shows.....

any updates on this?
  • ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    working on a group rate at the Holiday Inn (STADIUM).... if you don't care about the tourist thing, parking is free, plus you can walk to shows.....

any updates on this?

Waiting to see if any other shows get announced before it finalized....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292

any updates on this?

Waiting to see if any other shows get announced before it finalized....

nice...thanks
  • Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335

Please keep me posted! :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,597

Please keep me posted! :)

And me posted, too! :)
  • DPrival78DPrival78 Posts: 2,263
    is there a hotel bar at the holiday inn?

maybe all of us who are staying downtown and taking the train down can stop off there pregame.
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,991
    DPrival78 wrote:

maybe all of us who are staying downtown and taking the train down can stop off there pregame.

Benny the Bum's.

But there's McFadden's and Chickie's & Pete's as well.
    DPrival78 wrote:

Benny the Bum's.

:shock:
    demetrios wrote:
    DPrival78 wrote:

Benny the Bum's.

Yes, that is the name of said hotel bar.
    demetrios wrote:
    Benny the Bum's.

Cool! Can't wait to check it out that week.
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Cool! Can't wait to check it out that week.

Eh, it's nothin great. But the Turf Club is right there as well, so that's always a good time! See PJ and lay some dough on the ponies.
  • last time i was in philly there was this really cool sports bar in downtown near the marriot that had a good vibe, food etc, think it was philly lol
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    anybody familiar with the area know anything about this hotel/area?

Embassy Suites Hotel Philadelphia-Center City
    1776 Ben Franklin Parkway
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103

thanks.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    OK, after poking through this thread some more, is the Holiday Inn near the stadiums a dump or not? I hear 'yes' and 'no'. Has anyone stayed there before?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Tuolumne MamaTuolumne Mama Posts: 1,210
    Booked the Radisson in mid-town for $70 on priceline two weeks ago. Since I'm taking my 13 yr old son, we'll be able to see some of the sites this way.
    ======================================================================
    "What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal." Albert Pine.

• BeerBaronBeerBaron Posts: 4,097
    FoxyMHMama wrote:
    Booked the Radisson in mid-town for $70 on priceline two weeks ago. Since I'm taking my 13 yr old son, we'll be able to see some of the sites this way.
    As convenient as it will be for the shows, I still think staying in the city is the better option. That is what I will be trying for on Priceline...
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • vierellovierello Posts: 32
    I booked The Omni for $80 plus tax. Not sure how it is, but it looks pretty nice on the website. Anyone stayed there before?
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    non-entity wrote:

thanks.

nobody?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    non-entity wrote:
    non-entity wrote:

thanks.

nobody?

Nice spot. You're right in the heart of the city. PM me if you need any info.
  • flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    non-entity wrote:

thanks.
    Not really close to the Spectrum. It is a $25 cab to The Spectrum each way. You can also take the Broad St. line to The Sports Complex, where The Spectrum is located. And TGI Fridays is connected to the Embassy as well.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    Opinions on Center City East vs West? We are booking on hotwire and they have both options. We plan to see some other things in the city, so we don't need to stay close to the Spectrum.
    non-entity wrote:

thanks.
    There are 2 Holiday Inns which are better proximity, the one is walking distance to The Spectrum, the other is quite a few blocks closer than Embassy.
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Opinions on Center City East vs West? We are booking on hotwire and they have both options. We plan to see some other things in the city, so we don't need to stay close to the Spectrum.
    Yeah, West Philly has a couple nice things, but it is the armpit of the City. Where specifically in West???
  • Chromiam or Solat13????

help me out here....please....

if I stay at club quarters(downtown)...which is the same place I stayed in 06.....

Will I have any problem getting to and from the show using public transportation???

I can get club quarters and airfare for $450.....

That Holiday in they are taking about here would run me $700(using expedia).....FUCK THAT!!!!

Also.....

I can get The Marriot (airport) for around $450(and it looks like it is actually connected to the airport terminal B).....Is this a good idea??? Can I get downtown using public transportation???

Im leaning towards staying at club quarters(it was decent,clean,close to touristy shit...hehehe)
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    cdp1223 wrote:
    Yeah, West Philly has a couple nice things, but it is the armpit of the City. Where specifically in West???

I believe the option is Center City west or east, and not Center City or West Philly - I think. If so, there's no real difference, though east would be a tad closer to the BS Line.
    Chromiam or Solat13????

help me out here....please....

if I stay at club quarters(downtown)...which is the same place I stayed in 06.....

Will I have any problem getting to and from the show using public transportation???

I can get club quarters and airfare for $450.....

That Holiday in they are taking about here would run me $700(using expedia).....FUCK THAT!!!!

Also.....

I can get The Marriot (airport) for around $450(and it looks like it is actually connected to the airport terminal B).....Is this a good idea??? Can I get downtown using public transportation???

Im leaning towards staying at club quarters(it was decent,clean,close to touristy shit...hehehe)
    Good location. Use this to get Cab estimates http://www.taxifarefinder.com/main.php? ... iladelphia

Marriott at The Airport is a decent place. Close to The Spectrum, far from The City...I would not take that route if you want to do some exploring in the city. If you are ONLY going to The Spectrum, then cool, because yoiu will have no problem finding a Cab to the spectrum...but still, far from everything but the airport...
  • starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
    I booked a room with 2 doubles at the Radisson and also one with one king bed at the Hampton Inn... won;t need both and will be transferring a reservation to someone in need. Not sure which one I am staying at yet because I'm not sure if my gf is coming or my buddy... need the king is she comes and the double bed room if she doesn't.
  • cdp1223cdp1223 Posts: 1,131
    cdp1223 wrote:

I believe the option is Center City west or east, and not Center City or West Philly - I think. If so, there's no real difference, though east would be a tad closer to the BS Line.

Yes Hotwire says "Center City" then gives the choice of East Center City or West Center City. Not West Philly.

Hotwire also does not tell you the name of the hotel before you book, that is why they are so cheap. It is risky, but it usually turns out well. This one just says a 3 star in Center City West.

I was just curious if there was a definite benefit to Center City East or West like in some cities. Thanks!