Options

Michael Moore proving once again...

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,119
    You know, lots of talk here debating a few different topics. But someone nailed it early, Michael Moore and Rush Limbaugh are of the same cloth and it boggles my mind that people haven't seen this yet.

I don't think anyone is "pro war". And I don't think you have to disparage soldiers (especially ones that have fallen) in order to make your point.

Michael Moore is only interested in 1 thing, Michael Moore. It's pretty sad to see what he started out as and what he has become.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Shawshank wrote: »
    I personally think we need more snipers over there to take out these classy fuckers...

http://nypost.com/2015/01/19/isis-executes-13-teens-for-watching-soccer/

If you had to make a choice...what would you rather have? A sniper taking out these scumbags before they kill innocent civilians, or just let them roam the streets and kill anyone and everyone they please? Seriously, I'm curious how some of you will answer this.

I can't answer this question as I am afraid that it will incriminate me.
    Wait a minute, I thought free speech is allowed?
  • Options
    What was Seth Rogan talking about?

He was talking out of his ass to promote his lame film that is coming to Netflix.
    Fucking Hollywood is crazier than this forum I swear. (juggler please don't attack)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/the-interview-netflix_n_6510668.html
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,841
    I personally think we need more snipers over there to take out these classy fuckers...

If you had to make a choice...what would you rather have? A sniper taking out these scumbags before they kill innocent civilians, or just let them roam the streets and kill anyone and everyone they please? Seriously, I'm curious how some of you will answer this.

You are perfectly free to incriminate yourself.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

nice
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    edited January 2015
    My fucken cousin DIED in Iraq serving THIS country so excuse me if I fucken PASS on walking in chris kyles shoes. I think my family's lost enough blood there.

Edit-yes us Muslims serve in this country's military and we die for this country to. Or I should say for the corporations...
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015
    badbrains wrote: »
    My fucken cousin DIED in Iraq serving THIS country so excuse me if I fucken PASS on walking in chris kyles shoes. I think my family's lost enough blood there.

Edit-yes us Muslims serve in this country's military and we die for this country to. Or I should say for the corporations...

BB - I just googled your avatar initials on the chests and this is what it came up with
    WTF?
    http://pmro.info/
    Post edited by PJfanwillneverleave1 on
  • Options
    What the fuck indeed PjFan
  • Options

nice

Pardon me, but I believe the sarcasm thread is over on the AET.
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited January 2015

nice

yes it is, as I so often read
  • Options

nice

well, don't let me keep you from leaving here, then.
  • Options

nice

well, don't let me keep you from leaving here, then.

ok, I won't
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    Sniper.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,772
    paulonious wrote: »
    Sniper.

Hey, whoa! Is Dime Sized Drops songs yours? Somehow I missed it until now. Nice, nice, nice!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    edited January 2015
    Maybe some things need to be clarified. I never met any soldier, sailor, marine or seaman that loved going to war. The thing we did love was our fellow service members, the majority of us would oDo anything for the, as well as do anything for the innocent civilians. Of course there are the few bad app,es that cause more problems. Someone mentioned Chris Kyle saying that he regretted that he did not kill more. That is a misquote he regretted not killing more people who killed US service members. He had what a lot of people including myself have as survivors remorse. I did not have such a tough job as Me Kyle did but I often Wonder how I survived and other people did not. He was not perched from his tower sniping innocent civilians like a few of you all Have said. I think people need to walk a mile in his shoes before they pass judge,enr. What.was he supposed to do watch his fellow service men die because the shot came from the back? The movie in my eyes did not glorify the war in Iraq it showed what it cost us. Some lost their life, some lost there limbs and some lost a bit of there soul. I think the movie showed that . Just my .02.

I sure have. A group of pilots were sick of training excercises. They wanted to go blow some people up.

It was horrifying, scary and sad to hear.

Another man in the military (seal) said my life is worth more than 100,000 people from another counntry. Even more frightening. My birth place made me more "valuable" than 100,000 innocent people born somewhere else.
    Post edited by Smellyman on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    brianlux wrote: »
    paulonious wrote: »
    Sniper.

Hey, whoa! Is Dime Sized Drops songs yours? Somehow I missed it until now. Nice, nice, nice!

Yes, and thanks!

Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Dirty frank, I have met US military people that wanted to go to Iraq and fight. Military family. But the more important part is the US population froths at the mouth wanting our military to kill those bastard rag head evil doers. The propaganda machine continues. Again I can't understand giving ones life for country etc after all the information we now have for the real reasons for war. Americans should be utterly ashamed of themselves after Iraq and want to keep it's fighting force in country for at least a generation but alas humans need to be in a herd driven home by US propaganda machine, overriding

USA USA USA USA. AIR FORCE FLY BYES DURING FUCKING COLLEGE FOOTBALL GAMES /NASCAR. We are fucking North Korea. .
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    edited January 2015
    Want to hear sickening? Knew some Halliburton folks. Bragging about this great room downtown Houston were they had state of the art TV monitors and sound. Were watching helicopter footage of helicopter gunship picking off Iraqis using night vision. Oh yeah. Woo fkn hoo.
    Post edited by callen on
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Thanks for the post Callen. I also have heard crazy stories like that. It's sickening how people can think we do NO WRONG and are always the saviors of the day.

Count bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    War is a terrible thing for all involved except for those in power who send our soldiers off to war. Terrible, terrible things happens in war, too horrible to mention here. There's a reason why most if not ALL of our soldiers comes back with PTSD AND find it so difficult to come back, then survive in civilian life.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    I have have also heard stories of people booing and spitting on soldiers at airports returning from their tours of duty. Scratch that, I know they were and proudly locked them up. Some of the proudest arrests of career and the bumpiest rides ever to lockup . Godbless our Soldiers and Thank you for your service.
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    I agree with Michael Moore, a REAL man kills with his bare hands...right Michael? /sarcasm

Michael Moore is a shadow of the man that created Roger and Me...The right wing knuckleheads attacking him as anti american aren't any better...

He made a comment about how he feels and what he believes snipers to be, no more no less. And he is right in one respect, we cannot lose track of the idea that the Iraq war was at best a huge mistake, and at worst illegal.

I wish the troops were home, with their families, defending us here, where they should be
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    edited January 2015
    muskydan wrote: »
    I have have also heard stories of people booing and spitting on soldiers at airports returning from their tours of duty. Scratch that, I know they were and proudly locked them up. Some of the proudest arrests of career and the bumpiest rides ever to lockup . Godbless our Soldiers and Thank you for your service.

I don't know about bumpy rides to lock up, that may have made your day good for you.

However, no matter how horrible the things our soldiers may or may not do in times of war.......they should NEVER EVER be mocked, spat upon for being sent off to wars in the process of protecting this country. Not many of us have been in their boots in times of war in a foreign world until then one has to give them praise and positive attention the richly deserve. For myself I understand that mentality of how it can change a person.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Oh allah, it really amazes me some of the things that come out of some peoples mouths. So awesome to hear that muskydan gets butt hurt about soldiers getting spit on and loved arresting them. But make a post about said servicemen raping 9 year olds in Iraq, not a single peep. Guess he's ok with that.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    There are way too many broad strokes painted here
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    badbrains wrote: »
    Oh allah, it really amazes me some of the things that come out of some peoples mouths. So awesome to hear that muskydan gets butt hurt about soldiers getting spit on and loved arresting them. But make a post about said servicemen raping 9 year olds in Iraq, not a single peep. Guess he's ok with that.

Come on BB. Everyone is sickened when hearing stories like that. And I would say that almost everyone is in agreement that if that happened, the people involved should be arrested and stand trial. Just because somebody doesn't reply to that post, doesn't mean he's ok with it.
  • Options
    Scott, not true. I posted that about the raping of the boys and I had a couple responses from people who I knew would make a comment. But the gung-ho few that love war stayed SILENT. Didn't peep a fucken word. And that's embarrassing. To think people would rant and rave about how awesome snipers are and America love it or leave it, but remain silent when it comes to atrocities committed by our soldiers. You know who u are and you should be fucken ashamed of yourselves. We're talking about kids. But hey, take those criminals on a bumpy car ride to the "man's house", what a fucken joke.
  • Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    edited January 2015
    bad brains. Your comment saying you believe all snipers kill innocent women and children make me sick. Sorry that your cousin died, but did he die doing what he believed in? Now you are talking about a rape case, of course it is horrible and that person should be held accountable for his or her crimes. DO you even mention the amount of little boys the Taliban rape and torture on a daily basis? Do you care about them or is it just let's bash the americans because it is the thing to do.
    Post edited by Kat on
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Oh since the fucken FUCKED UP TALIBAN rape boys it's all of a sudden justifiable that our soldiers do the same? Fuck out of here. Ya I'm a fucken joke. Let me ask u dirtyfrank, how many innocent people wether women/children or men, did u kill?

Edit-I may AGAINST the war and have no interest in us being there, but that doesn't mean I don't care about our soldiers. I actually do shit to support them. U may not hear about it, but doesn't mean I don't.

Edit #2-Kat, plz don't silence dirtyfrank over calling me a joke. It did NOT offend me in any way.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,774
    The Posting Guidelines are stickied on the Porch forum. DO NOT get personal with each other and name-calling will cause your account to be read-only. Stick to the topics when debating. There are accounts who look like they don't want to be here.
    Admin

Falling down,...not staying down
This discussion has been closed.