Options

Michael Moore proving once again...

Comments

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348
    I never fired my weapon. I never said it was ok for the soldiers to rape. I just said none talks about what really goes on with the Chai boys over in the Middle East.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I know exactly what happens over in the Mid East cuz I've been there numerous times. And YES what you describe does happen there and it's fucken WRONG. But to sit here and act like we're the all mighty saviors of the world is a complete joke. If we are, then why aren't we liberating Palestine? Don't answer that, I already know the answer.
  • Options
    BB you seem like a smart dude, I just do not like people taking cheap shots at the men and women who volunteered to a job and then get shit on for doing the job. Is everyone that went to Iraq and Afghanistan innocent? Of course not but painting them with a broad brush like people paint muslims, blacks, etc. is just as bad at least in my eyes.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    edited January 2015
    bad brains. Your comment saying you believe all snipers kill innocent women and children make me sick. Sorry that your cousin died, but did he die doing what he believed in? Now you are talking about a rape case, of course it is horrible and that person should be held accountable for his or her crimes. DO you even mention the amount of little boys the Taliban rape and torture on a daily basis? Do you care about them or is it just let's bash the americans because it is the thing to do.

For me I don't forget that they're rapes and killings by the Taliban on a daily basis, I can't it's all horrible. However, I do want to point out that SOME of our American troops go into wars and DO commit horrible crimes due to either a lack of training, their mentality or just the overall stress of war. It can happen to anyone one of our soldiers and they should be tried for their crimes and found guilty or innocent. Not all soldiers go into wars, do the great things portrayed in movies and too many of us Americans believe what in seen upon movie screens.

There's hardly any Beauty in war, that's why I'd rather us never to go in the first place.

Peace
    Post edited by Kat on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Agree G under P, nothing is perfect and from experience the military is not either. To the original point of the movie, I think Clint and Bradley did a good job at showing how war is hell and how it effects a person.
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Dirty, if that's the case then wouldn't you think I'm painting my cousin with that same brush? Of course not. I have respect for soldiers and DONT believe they're all monsters. I have much respect for soldiers like Mr Young who spoke out about it. I have respect for my cousin Tamir who is still in the service and continues to do what he thinks is right. I mite not agree with him, but hey, I got his back.

And dirty, u can call me a joke anytime man, cuz I take what people say about me with a grain of salt. I know I'm an asshole to the 13th degree. All good.
  • Options
    I am sure if we met in person we could get along, even though I get placed into the conservative politics I have many liberal ideas as well. I know I can be a douche and typing does not help me either :smile: .
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    I'm sure we would get along great. Politics and religion aside, anythings possible.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Did anyone get a chance to read through this about the movie..

http://www.historyvshollywood.com/reelfaces/american-sniper/

Questioning The Story:

Did Chris Kyle really shoot a boy who was concealing a grenade?
    No. In the movie, Chris Kyle (Bradley Cooper) shoots a boy and his mother who are approaching a U.S. Marine convoy concealing an RKG-3 Russian Anti-Tank Grenade. In the book, a woman does come out of a small house with her child, but she approaches the convoy by herself as she conceals something beneath her clothes. She sets a Chinese grenade, not a Russian RKG. Kyle hesitates shooting the woman but does take the shot. The grenade drops and he fires again as it's exploding. It was "the only time I killed anyone other than a male combatant," writes Kyle. In the book, he indicates that this is his first kill in Iraq.

In his autobiography, Chris Kyle does scope a child at one point. The moment is also depicted in the movie. The combatants had sent the child down the street to retrieve an RPG (in the movie, a nearby boy simply wanders over and picks up the RPG). "I had a clear view in my scope," writes Kyle, "but I didn't fire. I wasn't going to kill a kid, innocent or not. I'd have to wait until the savage who put him up to it showed himself on the street."

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    It appears BB needs a timeout. You really need 2 chillout and get off your computer and take a walk outside. Just so you know I am not ashamed what so ever and very proud of my actions. Explaining my self to you would be a waste of everyone's time. I am sure there are many people on here that have much more important things going on in their lives to not respond to all your posts....like me
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    But yet you just did. Hahaha, good one musky, real good one. Go shoot an unarmed civilian.
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    TalonTeddTalonTedd Toronto Posts: 835
    badbrains wrote: »
    But yet you just did. Hahaha, good one musky, real good one. Go shoot an unarmed civilian.

=))
    I remember when, yeah. I swore I knew everything, oh yeah.
  • Options

BB... you have gone from eloquent, peaceful, dope smoking, friendly guy to badger with fangs bared (maybe wolverine). To some degree... I can understand why.

The "Go shoot an unarmed civilian comment" was uncalled for. If he responded with, "Go stone a woman"... that would essentially be on the same level as your cheap shot.

I read Kat's post suggesting some accounts 'look like they don't want to be here' and the first person I thought of was yourself. You might not see it... but stop taking the weight of the world on your shoulders... and come back to that kinder, gentler person.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Musky, BB has balls to come on here and state his position. You assimilate with the herd.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    I don't know Thirty, like the passionate BB. Agree "go shoot ....." Was tough but with Muskies position on the folks in the ghetto.....and his alleged job.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    Real classy comment Badbrains on shooting a unnamed civilian. You just showed your cards to me and I am sure others on here. Seriously, go take a break and reevaluate.
  • Options

BB... you have gone from eloquent, peaceful, dope smoking, friendly guy to badger with fangs bared (maybe wolverine). To some degree... I can understand why.

The "Go shoot an unarmed civilian comment" was uncalled for. If he responded with, "Go stone a woman"... that would essentially be on the same level as your cheap shot.

I read Kat's post suggesting some accounts 'look like they don't want to be here' and the first person I thought of was yourself. You might not see it... but stop taking the weight of the world on your shoulders... and come back to that kinder, gentler person.

We ALL can and should find that place to be graceful under pressure no matter how much the subject matter gets under one's skin.

Peace

• Options
    edited January 2015
    And he's back for "Moore". I don't think it was classy, actually it was pretty funny.

Thanks Callen, appreciate the words buddy.

Edit-I believe Dans a cop in chi so I better be careful before he puts out an APB on me. Gonna be visiting chi soon. Don't want to be in Dans car for a bumpy ride to the "house"
    Post edited by badbrains on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,911
    we all need a break from here sometimes. I took one for a couple months. I did me a world of good.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I'm gonna try to take a break from this place. Seriously, I've been thinking about it for sometime and maybe this is the right time to do so.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I'm gonna try to take a break from this place. Seriously, I've been thinking about it for sometime and maybe this is the right time to do so.

BB, I'm beyond fond of you and think this might be a good move for now, for you. I hope you take Thirty's wise and kind words to heart.
  • Options
    Fuck being PC.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    C'mon now...who said anything about PC-ness?

Quite a difference between that (ie, imagery and stroking) vs taking some time to take a breath or three.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    And he's back for "Moore". I don't think it was classy, actually it was pretty funny.

Thanks Callen, appreciate the words buddy.

Edit-I believe Dans a cop in chi so I better be careful before he puts out an APB on me. Gonna be visiting chi soon. Don't want to be in Dans car for a bumpy ride to the "house"

=))

Dan might take you out behind the station for a little old school attitude adjustment with the water hose.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Very very funny stuff. Hey BB, you appear to be well travelled and adventurous. When you are in the Emperors city U should take a visit to Garfield park on your trip out here..you can start at Chicago Ave and Hamlin. I dare you to get out of your car without your cellphone w/ 911 on speed dial.... Let know what happens....Have fun on your break from here and take a few tokes for me...
  • Options
    Dude, I've fucken walked in places you would NEVER imagine walking in WITH your gun and badge for protection. Come to dirty jersey, I'll take you to a place in Paterson called Riverside, we'll take a drive on highland ave. One way in and one way out. Me, yes me, I CAN go there, but you, not so much. I can take you to some places in LA that I've been to and hung out at. I can take you to a place run by MS-13, I can take you to Florence in LA. But your kind isn't welcome there. I can take you to the Mid East where I KNOW you wouldn't dare walk in. Where you'd prob have to hold my hand to walk in. So your fear mongering WONT work on me. I don't hide behind a badge and gun. So let me know whenever you'd like to take some bumpy rides with me and my friends. I promise NOTHING will happen to you as long as you're with me/us. That's a promise.
  • Options
    As for taking a toke for you, be a man and take one yourself.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    This moving train is too much for me. Train is wrecked, not moving. A few soldiers are bad seeds, fuck em all. A few cops are bad, fuck em all. Snipers are cowards for shooting people in the back, but we can walk w/ inner city gangsters because hell...they don't have the government telling them to shoot civilians.

I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Empty, you directing your post at me? I know the quotes don't work for me so it's hard to tell who posts are directed at.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Empty, you directing your post at me? I know the quotes don't work for me so it's hard to tell who posts are directed at.

partly. More so at this whole section of the board. I don't post here often because I'm not here to talk world events on a rock band site. When something major goes down I will click in here and see what people are saying. A majority (it seems, may not be close to that) who post here make it their way or the highway.

Example from this thread: I support our soldiers therefore I support the machine 100%, no questions asked. Also, I know nothing of the world.

This place is just painted w/ broad strokes to paint everyone. Back to the "take a break"...I don't need a break, I just don't need to click in here anymore.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
This discussion has been closed.