Options

Michael Moore proving once again...

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,799
    I'm thrilled that Moore has the balls to say what others are too afraid to. It's interesting to me how people (and I'm not singling anyone here out) who once thought he was great now jump on the "bash Moore bandwagon". Oh so fickle a people!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    What was Seth Rogan talking about?

He was talking out of his ass to promote his lame film that is coming to Netflix.
    Fucking Hollywood is crazier than this forum I swear. (juggler please don't attack)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/20/the-interview-netflix_n_6510668.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx8r-TiLSVg

soa2.jpg?fit=1024%2C1024
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    Thanks to both of your cousins for their service BB. Seriously. And prayers to you and your family for having to deal with that loss and all the horror that goes along with it.
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    It's all good. I appreciate it. I just feel for my aunt and uncle. Danno was their only child. Should've never been in combat but HE chose to go. Thanks again.
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux wrote: »
    I'm thrilled that Moore has the balls to say what others are too afraid to. It's interesting to me how people (and I'm not singling anyone here out) who once thought he was great now jump on the "bash Moore bandwagon". Oh so fickle a people!
    Speaking for myself (as always!), I loved Roger and Me. It garnered my initial respect for Moore.

My opinion of him has since gone way downhill (much like my view of Maher); this has nothing to do with band-waggoning. What would be the point of that?

As people change, so do their views. He's as much entitled to his as I am to mine.

(though I'm not sure what he "tweeted" constitutes having balls)
  • Options
    muskydanmuskydan Posts: 1,013
    That shit don't make the rags in my liberal town xhausted. Now if you are a known gang banging (he was about to turn his life around) criminal who attacks the police and loses, well that's a story that has legs and sells papers, perhaps create a few protests too for more coverage and papers and what-not sold. But if you need to know and have the time to research real things and not the Non sence the media wants you to believe, it's public record

And yes hedon, I concure....,Blow me Michele Moore!!!!. That slob is getting all the attention he so dearly craves just like he craves a triple whopper w/ tons of Cheeeez.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I say, forget the fucking media coverage. Who gives a shit. Get inspired, learn, be educated, forge what you know to be true into your own way of thinking and actions. It so much easier to applaud what someone else does OR call them a fuck-tard. I love my heroes but when push comes to shove, fuck that. Doing something useful is so much more useful that crying "bully for our team" and take a lot more energy and thought than saying "fuck that guy". Fuck that shit.

Post edited by brianlux on
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,126
    BB, I read up on your cousin Daniel I. And he appeared to be a fine stand up young man. He volunteered for service because THATS what he WANTED to do. He did so honorabley and I give my thanks for his service and dedication in protecting this country and that colonel.

I'm truly sadden for your loss, Daniel to me had a perfect smile. :D You carry on BB.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2015
    God I love Moore. No one makes people riled up and spewing truth more than he does. (Sad but true) I love how truth forces others to unhide their true feelings, usually well hidden.

No matter how ugly truth is, it's still truth and that's what I dig. None of the phony baloney everyone everywhere spews. It's so easy to call another names, but to say something that no one dare to say and go after what the status quo deems off limits takes balls. You can say what you want about him, but no one will say that he cares about the social implications of his truth. Because his truth trumps any and all reaction. Everyone else be damned.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    looking at what Moore said reminds me of what Bill Maher said after 911.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNMhNJDRnhU

I have not seen this movie but I would say that this guy wasn't a coward but I would say that its sad that we are talking about Michael Moore and not the people who send these people to war while they sit comfortably in their houses.

why is it that I am hearing Master of war in the background while i type this
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    He uttered an opinion. What he said doesn't make it the truth.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,137

It takes ZERO balls to tweet anything. In fact the irony here is he is acting like a social media sniper, taking his shot from afar, hitting a dead guy.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,365

It takes ZERO balls to tweet anything. In fact the irony here is he is acting like a social media sniper, taking his shot from afar, hitting a dead guy.

right.

fuck michael moore.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353

how did what he said and how he said it take balls?

I love ya Brian, and I say this with all due respect, There are so many more credible and honorable anti-war folks to hitch your wagons to...this ain't the guy. Coming from someone who used to respect the hell out of him until I realized he manufactured stories, Michael Moore is the king of half truths for manipulation...He is no better than fox news.
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,024
    Based on what I've read I think this movie probably isn't as accurate as it could have been.

Kyle was a pretty rough individual and his book is full of blatant lies so I have a hard time putting him on a pedestal. That being said....I don't understand why Moore would say such a thing. Really stupid comments.

We train these military guys to be killers, to hate the enemy, etc. We shouldn't be surprised when they are assholes.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    backseatLover12backseatLover12 Posts: 2,312
    edited January 2015

It's HIS truth. And he doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks of it. And that angers people. That's the point.
    Post edited by backseatLover12 on
  • Options
    I say, forget the fucking media coverage. Who gives a shit. Get inspired, learn, be educated, forge what you know to be true into your own way of thinking and actions. It so much easier to applaud what someone else does OR call them a fuck-tard. I love my heroes but when push comes to shove, fuck that. Doing something useful is so much more useful that crying "bully for our team" and take a lot more energy and thought than saying "fuck that guy". Fuck that shit.

Is there an applause emoticon?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

Is there an applause emoticon?

=D> yes, this guy. At least I think that's what he's doing, but who knows.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,909
    as others have said, what Moore did did absolutely NOT take balls. people expect him to say shit like this, and he did it from behind his computer with zero ramifications. now, if he had said it face to face with an army vet sniper, or a family member of a sniper KIA, then yeah, that would be balls. but he doesn't do that.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Dirtie_FrankDirtie_Frank Posts: 1,348

It's HIS truth. And he doesn't give a rat's ass what anyone else thinks of it. And that angers people. That's the point.
    ___

So we can have our own truths now?
    96 Randall's Island II
    98 CAA
    00 Virginia Beach;Camden I; Jones Beach III
    05 Borgata Night I; Wachovia Center
    06 Letterman Show; Webcast (guy in blue shirt), Camden I; DC
    08 Camden I; Camden II; DC
    09 Phillie III
    10 MSG II
    13 Wrigley Field
    16 Phillie II
  • Options
    Moore...balls? Yes, balls (guts. nerve whatever you want to call it). I can say anything I want here and no one with any pull in the world will give one tiny shit. None. Nada. Why should they? I'm just some old fuck on a rock and roll web site going blah blah blah. But when someone like Moore says something people don't want to hear you better believe someone cares. Yeah, balls. Saying "Fuck Michale Moore"- that takes no balls. That is weak.

• Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    You go brian!
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Balls ...how funny. What would take balls is for these fucking celebrities to stop latching onto either one of your two main political parties and call them both out, now that I would like to see ... barring a miracle that this might happen does it really matter what these over paid celebrities think.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,973
    When Limbaugh spouts his venemous nonsense it could be argued that too is "his truth". Should he be applauded for that?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    JimmyV wrote: »
    When Limbaugh spouts his venemous nonsense it could be argued that too is "his truth". Should he be applauded for that?

He's on the other end of the spectrum ... I believe on the MT that makes his opinions null and void.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    We do love/hate our media heroes/villains don't we? I'll say it again:

Get inspired, learn, be educated, forge what you know to be true into your own way of thinking and actions. It so much easier to applaud what someone else does OR call them a fuck-tard. I love my heroes but when push comes to shove, fuck that. Doing something useful is so much more useful that crying "bully for our team" and take a lot more energy and thought than saying "fuck that guy".

• Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    Moore...balls? Yes, balls (guts. nerve whatever you want to call it). I can say anything I want here and no one with any pull in the world will give one tiny shit. None. Nada. Why should they? I'm just some old fuck on a rock and roll web site going blah blah blah. But when someone like Moore says something people don't want to hear you better believe someone cares. Yeah, balls. Saying "Fuck Michale Moore"- that takes no balls. That is weak.

I care
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I remember on some thread about god, a poster spoke of her "truths" and was mocked for daring to speak her mind. Here, in this little place, I for one, did / do give a shit about that and many other comments by said poster as well as by other posters on a plethora of topics.

I'm willing to hear all views, whether by those who are "celebrated" or not. I'm also free to discount or disagree with those stances, and declare "no balls for you!"

(who's to say we aren't doing something useful while speaking OUR minds? Not mutually-exclusive and actions need not be flaunted to have an impact)

Moore essentially said "fuck snipers", by the way.

Balls to the wall!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    This thread is some pretty good comedy. It got to 10 pages long a day faster then the Paris terrorist attacks!

Michael Moore is officially more divisive then jihadist terrorists!
  • Options
    Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661

It HIS truth, fine, it still doesn't make it right. What he said does not take balls. It's an opinion. I can spout off on twitter about anything against the status quo and it doesn't make me brave.
This discussion has been closed.