Options

People you know that support Trump

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
Disappointing that a police officer and a teacher that I know support Trump.
I'd expect teachers especially not to support racist policies.
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    I work with a bunch mostly older white guys who seem angry ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I have a quite a few friends that voted for him and most are shocked about what's happening. One even said that he "made a big mistake."

Granted, that's a very small sampling of our population....so take it for what it's worth.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    mfc2006 said:

One even said that he "made a big mistake."

You're friends with GOB Bluth?!? I'm jealous!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

mfc2006 said:

One even said that he "made a big mistake."

You're friends with GOB Bluth?!? I'm jealous!
    HAHAHA!!!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    My mom was bursting at the seams to vote trump... hates obamacare and "cant wait until that thing goes away".

Meanwhile, in reality, obamacare very much saved my sister's life.

Now, with the epa move today... i am very much in danger of losing my job. With 2 kids, as the lone bread winner, im pretty nervous... but jobs.

I hope now, my mom is happy that "that thing is going to go away"... in case she starts a business (at the age of 65) that grows to 50 employees. Now she wont need to insure them.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    everyone in my office except me and one another person.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,631
    vaggar99 said:

What's it like working in Hell?
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    I'm lucky in that I don't know anyone that I know or deal with on a daily basis would do such a thing
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    Both sides of my family except my wife and me. Ugh
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

What's it like working in Hell?
    interesting considering its a family business
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Most of my family is reasonably conservative, but only my sister and an aunt actually voted for Trump. My sister because she literally knows nothing of government and an aunt because she's overly racist, hates Obama and votes Republican because in her head that's how rich people vote. She is not rich.

Whatever.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    I only personally know one person who supports Trump (a Canadian). This person has recently been going off the deep end generally. His closest friends are worried about him and have been for a while now (I'm more a long-time acquaintance, but I know his best friend well). At first we thought his support of Trump was strange, but he has normally supported the Republican Party when it comes to US politics, so we figured maybe he was just defaulting without really knowing how fucked up Trump is. But then his Trump-love got more and more manic over the past several months (he has started to get into yelling matches with people in bars and shit, almost came to blows a couple times, and his opinions about it keep getting more and more extreme and crazy. It's getting to the point where his friends don't want to go out with him). It all seems to be a symptom of a bigger issue. Possibly drug addiction, possibly mental health issues, or both. Nobody is sure. They keep trying to figure out what's going on with him, but he refuses to discuss it. :frowning:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,161
    being in missouri we have a lot of rural patients, all of whom voted for trump. most of whom are on federal or state aid, or on an obamacare plan.

poor dumb bastards do not realize what they have done by voting for him.

wave bye bye to health insurance for them.

you should hear them complain about "that damn obamacare" and then lament that trump might repeal the affordable care act. they have no clue it is the same thing.

oh well, they get the change they voted for.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    I live and work in a rural school district full of Trump supporters. I have to keep my mouth shut if I want to keep these folks off my lawn.
  • Options
    I am Canadian, living in an area where the majority of people either find trump very scary or very funny or most often both. The other day at work a coworker and I were laughing about trump and his inauguration attendance numbers. Another coworker obviously overheard the word trump and came over. He told us that the thing he liked most about trump is that he isn't like all the other politicians because he doesn't lie, he says it how it is. I thought he was joking and started to laugh. Things got uncomfortable.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    It's sad that these blue lives matter people think it only matters when blacks get arrested but are okay with white republicans like Trump breaking the law.
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    A good friend of mine once said that finding out someone you know supports Trump is like accidentally walking in on them with no clothes on.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 498
    Have some friends and family that voted for him, and are now noticeably silent about it. I assume they are embarrassed about it as they should be but that's not good enough. We all knew what he was before the election so the fact they willingly voted for such a disgusting person is truly disappointing to say the least.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,919

A good friend of mine once said that finding out someone you know supports Trump is like accidentally walking in on them with no clothes on.

That's an apt description.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options

I am Canadian, living in an area where the majority of people either find trump very scary or very funny or most often both. The other day at work a coworker and I were laughing about trump and his inauguration attendance numbers. Another coworker obviously overheard the word trump and came over. He told us that the thing he liked most about trump is that he isn't like all the other politicians because he doesn't lie, he says it how it is. I thought he was joking and started to laugh. Things got uncomfortable.

As a fellow Canadian... I feel compelled to tell you that it was your responsibility to slap that fool so he could regain his senses. We need to be proactive regarding stupidity. Ain't nobody got time for that.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.
  • Options

I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
  • Options

You voted for Trump and you got him. Good job!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Free said:

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
    I wanted my vote to matter, not just count. Everyone knows the write in and third party vote in our country have no current impact. In the future perhaps but we aren't there yet.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Free said:

I live and work in a rural school district full of Trump supporters. I have to keep my mouth shut if I want to keep these folks off my lawn.

Surely there are some safe places at a local colleges for everyone afraid of the "Trumpsters"? Those scary scary Trump supporters don't go to college, right?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Free said:

Surely there are some safe places at a local colleges for everyone afraid of the "Trumpsters"? Those scary scary Trump supporters don't go to college, right?
    I went to college and make a decent living in an affluent neighborhood in Chicago. not everyone who supports trump is the backward hillbilly, racist, redneck everyone wants them to be.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

Free said:

I wanted my vote to matter, not just count. Everyone knows the write in and third party vote in our country have no current impact. In the future perhaps but we aren't there yet.
    Your vote only really counted and mattered (Trump or Hillary) if you live in a swing state. Otherwise, it's your conscience you have to live with.

I hope you're happy with your vote.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

Free said:

I went to college and make a decent living in an affluent neighborhood in Chicago. not everyone who supports trump is the backward hillbilly, racist, redneck everyone wants them to be.
    "Affluent neighborhood" and "Chicago" are pretty much oxymorons, right? But the Internet says Trump voters are racist, hillbilly rednecks...I'm so confused!
  • Options
    Free said:

Free said:

Your vote only really counted and mattered (Trump or Hillary) if you live in a swing state. Otherwise, it's your conscience you have to live with.

I hope you're happy with your vote.
    My conscience is clean and I'm happy with my vote.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    I'm here in Palm Beach County FL and I work a mile South of President Trump's Mar Lar Go compound. Here now and before the election Trump supporters are out front with their support for him. That's all well and good for them it's their right, we shall see if this will continue a year or two from now in a mainly Democratic county. At the South Florida Fair last week I saw for the first time someone had on their car a pair of those stuck your car flag thingys that flapped TRUMP in red. I laughed out loud and oddly thought it was Kool. :smile:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)