Options

People you know that support Trump

Comments

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    tbergs said:

JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.

You have made good points. You most certainly will get negative feedback, but I agree that the continued ignorant labeling and attacks are ridiculous. I don't agree with Trump voters, but I also don't think continuing to label them as stupid racists is a good approach. That's just shutting down the communication lines.
    Trump voter silence isn't really opening up communication lines.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

You wanted something different. Congratulations... you got something different.

Wow, a post of yours that didn't make fun of those slack jawed, no teeth, no shoes, slow, stoopid Southerners. Congratulations!

Intentionally misspelled stupid.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    » show previous quotes
    You have made good points. You most certainly will get negative feedback, but I agree that the continued ignorant labeling and attacks are ridiculous. I don't agree with Trump voters, but I also don't think continuing to label them as stupid racists is a good approach. That's just shutting down the communication lines.

Yeah, but what about the ones I know personally -- family members, for gods sake -- who call Asians towel heads or who fill their Facebook feed with disgusting memes that subjugate and sexualize women? I mean, I know them. I witness it and have to speak out against it constantly in my own family. Sure. They work hard at their jobs. They struggle to support their themselves. They love America. They are my family. But they also call African Americans ni**ers at the dinner table. These are the Trump voters I know, not the ones reported in magazines.

I would venture to guess most families, white black, yellow, brown, whatever, have that one uncle/aunt/cousin whose insecurities shine through and must take the frustrations of their own lives out on others in the form of prejudice and blatant racism. I do. But out of an extended family, including spouses, of 20 ppl, that one person gets shot down and we know damn well he is an attention whore. We don't feed the beast or give it any credibility. Those ppl would be here with or without trump, and if you do not believe Obama's election did not bring out blatant racism from black Americans, you probably have little to no interaction with them outside a small circle. Every race has its deplorables. We as a society can continue to uphold our own principles by voicing our opinion of not condoning that type of behavior no matter who is president. We should lead by example.
  • Options
    Obama's election brought out blatant racism from blacks? What do you mean?
  • Options
    I teach in an inner city, urban high school. Sixty-eight percent black, 20% white, 10% Hispanic. I have taught for 16 years and witnessed first hand an uptick in blatant racist comments from both black students and adults. Things if a white person said, they'd lose their jobs or be suspended in the case of a student. I also know that just like many whites, the majority of rational black ppl do not condone that behavior either. Just saying it's my belief that every race has its "deplorables."
  • Options
    JM101639 said:

I teach in an inner city, urban high school. Sixty-eight percent black, 20% white, 10% Hispanic. I have taught for 16 years and witnessed first hand an uptick in blatant racist comments from both black students and adults. Things if a white person said, they'd lose their jobs or be suspended in the case of a student. I also know that just like many whites, the majority of rational black ppl do not condone that behavior either. Just saying it's my belief that every race has its "deplorables."

Yes, it's the let's minimize racism done by whites by stating that people from all races do it.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248

JM101639 said:

Yes, it's the let's minimize racism done by whites by stating that people from all races do it.
    He's not minimizing it. If you can't admit that there's a different response to reverse racism, then you must be living somewhere that they've solved that issue as well.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:

JM101639 said:

He's not minimizing it. If you can't admit that there's a different response to reverse racism, then you must be living somewhere that they've solved that issue as well.
    I'm aware of the difference in context based on who is delivering a racist message. I also know what it means when whites claim "reverse racism".
    He's bringing up that every race has racists to minimize that trump supporters contain a yet to be undermined amount of racists and bigots, inspired by their leader.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

tbergs said:

JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.

Trump voter silence isn't really opening up communication lines.
    Nor is Trump voters calling everyone who didn't vote for him "snowflakes." Or saying things like "the adults are back in charge, "we won, get over it," and "you said you'd move to Canada, so go." Or questioning, downplaying, and mocking women (and men) for exercising their constitutional right to peacefully assemble and protest last weekend. "What rights has he taken away?" It wasn't that he took them away, it's that he was threatening to. And he did 2 days later.

To JM101639's point... While I agree the democratic party needs to do some soul searching because, you're right - we've lost our way and some of our actions are only creating more division as well - just because the republican roster is currently bigger than ours doesn't excuse them. They need to do some soul searching as well. They have exhibited so far that they are all just willing to stand by as this man tries to unconstitutionally set us back an entire century socially, environmentally, and commercially. He is obsessed with Barack Obama and has been since at least the 2012 election, and is obsessed with undoing everything positive he has done. You think the fact he targeted murders in Chicago and threatened to "send the Feds" is a coincidence when Baltimore, Detroit, Atlanta, St. Louis, et al all have the very same problem? I bet if Baltimore was Obama's home town, he would've mentioned it instead of Chicago. Almost a full week in and he simply cannot let go of ratings and votes. Winning the election isn't good enough for this man. He already holds the highest political office in the world yet can't let go of attendance, ratings, and vote total. ("You won, get over it!") Hell, he even went so far as to copy Obama's cake! How petty can he possibly get? This man (and I use that term loosely) is a narcissistic maniac teetering on the verge of being a modern day Hitler. And I know we've used that moniker to mock the last 3 Presidents, but let's face it - none of them were even close. This one is. And if that doesn't frighten even those who voted for him - regardless of why they voted for him - we could be headed down a really, really, steep and slippery slope as a people and a nation.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    JM101639 said:

Peace.

This is one of the most thought out and accurate posts I have seen on the AMT in a long time. Prepare to be ridiculed.
  • Options

You wanted something different. Congratulations... you got something different.

Wow, a post of yours that didn't make fun of those slack jawed, no teeth, no shoes, slow, stoopid Southerners. Congratulations!

Intentionally misspelled stupid.
    That's one variety of the Trump voter.

The other is one void of values.

Admit your error, sit back, and brace for the bizarre. If you can't admit that you were horribly wrong backing Trump... then you are very likely one of the two varieties aforementioned.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    void of values. void of empathy.
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

https://youtu.be/oAKG-kbKeIo
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

This is one of the most thought out and accurate posts I have seen on the AMT in a long time. Prepare to be ridiculed.
    It's a huge over-generalization in an attempt to make it more digestible.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

"Huge over-generalization"....really...the king of over-generalizations says someone is over generalizing...really? Reeeeeeeaaaaaaally???
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

You all feel good about yourselves now? Shudder the thought someone who doesn't agree with you isn't a racist. God forbid you consider some people were tired of their jobs disappearing and voted for someone they thought would bring the jobs back. Don't mention that Trump already rejected the TPP and is ready to renegotiate NAFTA. These may not work but support there were other reasons to support Trump.

Could it be they aren't racist towards hispanics but are against illegal immigration, which is predominately Hispanic? I know several Christian people that voted for Trump and spend some of their vacation time in Haiti for disaster relief. Sure they are just a bunch of racist, deplorable people that are very charitable with their money and time.

This circle jerk of a thread is deplorable. Keep bullying people all you want to feel better about yourselves. Trump is far from perfect. I didn't vote for him. Got a pit in my stomach while in the voting line. But, it is such bullshit that anyone who voted for Trump is a deplorable. They wanted something to change so badly that they voted for Trump in spite of his flaws.

there is a small, vocal minority here that subscribe to the thought that all trump voters are racists, bigots, etc. I am not one of them, and have stated that as such several times.

however, voting for a guy KNOWING FULL WELL he plans to repeal ACA with no replacement, roll back marriage equality, trying to overturn roe v wade, go backwards on climate change, fill his cabinet with billionaires, jesus, how can someone say they "voted their conscience" as the reason for voting for him?

just say what it is: you are voting for your own benefit, not for the benefit of society.

and that's fine, if you are in a situation where the economy is causing you hardship, I get it. But I don't think it was that bad for 60 million people.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JM101639 said:

Peace.

There's a part of me that likes this post.

But what needs to be said is the fact that voting for Trump under such circumstances was a Hail Mary. This spoiled billionaire doesn't care about you and never will. His venture was a self satisfying one... not borne of concern for you. Hilary likely wasn't going to be much better, but she certainly wasn't going to be worse.

Your disappointment should have been placed towards the Republican Party for propping up the human embodiment of Peter Griffin. With that said... they picked a winner.

If your Hail Mary is a Green Bay pass attempt... you may have benefited yourself. If it's any other team's... the ball is going to hit the ground and the game is over: exciting for a fleeting moment until hope is dashed.

Good luck!
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

dignin said:

dignin said:

First choice Bernie, second choice Trump.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Would you care to pick a topic and discuss like adults? Such as Go Beavers and Halifax2themax have done.
    If you couldn't use basic critical thinking skills to see the obvious differences then I'm not going to bother. There is no logic or common ground to be found at your "adult" table. You were hoodwinked by a con-man and now you have to live with that. I seriously have more respect for voters who knew what Trump was and voted for him because that is what they wanted.

I just feel bad for the others that didn't sign up for this madness, they don't deserve it.
    I guess I don't understand. I'm an ignorant racist who abuses women. I'm giving anyone an open invite to debate all the theories that "us" Trump supporters are stereotyped into. All I'm saying is lets do it like adults. Oh Well...
    You seem like a brave patriot but unfortunately you will perish like those that came before you.
    JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they

• Options
    JM101639 said:

Peace.

Trump's entire platform was built on saying America sucked, and he wanted to make it great again. Hillary kept saying "America is already great!". So you basically are saying you were angry with the wrong candidate, and voted incorrectly.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

https://youtu.be/oAKG-kbKeIo
    Look man... and I'm tired of saying it...

It ain't nothing but a thing.
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

First choice Bernie, second choice Trump.

That makes absolutely no sense.

Would you care to pick a topic and discuss like adults? Such as Go Beavers and Halifax2themax have done.
    If you couldn't use basic critical thinking skills to see the obvious differences then I'm not going to bother. There is no logic or common ground to be found at your "adult" table. You were hoodwinked by a con-man and now you have to live with that. I seriously have more respect for voters who knew what Trump was and voted for him because that is what they wanted.

I just feel bad for the others that didn't sign up for this madness, they don't deserve it.
    I guess I don't understand. I'm an ignorant racist who abuses women. I'm giving anyone an open invite to debate all the theories that "us" Trump supporters are stereotyped into. All I'm saying is lets do it like adults. Oh Well...
    You seem like a brave patriot but unfortunately you will perish like those that came before you.
    JM101639 said:

Peace.

Maybe I can help...
    1. its shouldn't be anyones business what other people have in their shopping carts and how they pay for those items. continue your honorable dedication to your own kids. relative comparisons: the annual cost of EBT which helps feed human beings (regardless if you and I think fruit roll ups and rollos are proper nutrition) to say annual corporate welfare/corporate tax avoidance or the 2008 Economic Stabilization Act which helps line the pockets of millionaires.
    2. I think BLM protest rally and march for accountability and lawlessness: when an officer(s) murders someone on video they face no accountability or punishment, not even an indictment, they get a desk job or paid leave, when a black citizen murders another black citizen (black on black crime!) on video, if captured they are indicted, tried and convicted of murder, they go to jail...understand the difference?
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

there is a small, vocal minority here that subscribe to the thought that all trump voters are racists, bigots, etc. I am not one of them, and have stated that as such several times.

however, voting for a guy KNOWING FULL WELL he plans to repeal ACA with no replacement, roll back marriage equality, trying to overturn roe v wade, go backwards on climate change, fill his cabinet with billionaires, jesus, how can someone say they "voted their conscience" as the reason for voting for him?

just say what it is: you are voting for your own benefit, not for the benefit of society.

and that's fine, if you are in a situation where the economy is causing you hardship, I get it. But I don't think it was that bad for 60 million people.

Not a Trump supporter, and I didn't vote for him. But just wanted to clarify one major thing that I keep hearing people say, the President cannot overturn a law, nor can he introduce laws. He can make an EO as long as it does not interfere with the law the way it was written. Roe v Wade is not getting overturned by President Trump, nor is Marriage Equality or the ACA. Now, Congress can overturn them, but the President can't.
  • Options
    ponytd said:

Not a Trump supporter, and I didn't vote for him. But just wanted to clarify one major thing that I keep hearing people say, the President cannot overturn a law, nor can he introduce laws. He can make an EO as long as it does not interfere with the law the way it was written. Roe v Wade is not getting overturned by President Trump, nor is Marriage Equality or the ACA. Now, Congress can overturn them, but the President can't.
    I know that, but it's his mandate, and there enough people in place that can make those things go through.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

"Huge over-generalization"....really...the king of over-generalizations says someone is over generalizing...really? Reeeeeeeaaaaaaally???
    King of overgeneralization? How's that? Regarding trump voters, I've talked about them in terms of basic demographic data, like how they tend to be less eduacted and more white. I've said racist people voted for trump. These aren't generalizations.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

I know that, but it's his mandate, and there enough people in place that can make those things go through.

I figured, and wasn't necessarily aimed at you, just more of an statement as many people don't realize that.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

Agreed. Worst timing ever.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

I've heard that every election since 1996!
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017

^^^
    Something tells me H2M that a part of you is elated every time a part of isis gets obliterated by a drone strike.

Maybe ISIL should be recruited to restore order in Chicago? Close gitmo make Chicago great again!
    It was already made great at Wrigley months ago. Where is the outrage from Chicago hating cons over poor red states like Kansas and crime ridden Florida?
    Post edited by InHiding80 on
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    JM101639 said:

Peace.

That's a good documentary. Nice to see the Young At Heart thing still going on. That performance of Fix You by Coldplay was the highlight of that film.

Speaking of Hollywood, it's worth nothing these are the same uneducated morons who believe that propaganda from Pure Flix, Kirk Cameron and Dinesh deserves Oscars. Gods Not Dead is like Gone With The Wind, Citizen Kane, Godfather etc. to them.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601
    edited January 2017
    JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

I've heard that every election since 1996!
    I certainly never said it or thought it before. And there wasn't a fascist involved in the past.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata