Options

People you know that support Trump

Comments

• Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.

You're not from St Paul, are you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/25/a-handcuffed-14-year-old-girl-spat-at-an-officer-he-punched-her-face-and-claimed-self-defense/
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

void of values. void of empathy.

https://youtu.be/oAKG-kbKeIo
    good one. now i see the empathy link. a white man walking in a black mans shoes. got it.
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    edited January 2017
    PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

Agreed. Worst timing ever.
    Wah!! It's never a good time to vote third-party, wah! I'm still with Her!!
  • Options
    JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.

as much as i've ridiculed those around here who voted Trump, there is a huge innocent minority who really put him into office. These are good people, but they can also easily be manipulated by fear. It has to do with Christian values more than anything. Trump got a taste of the love from this crowd in the 80's when he showed up for WWF matches. he didn't get that kind of love in Manhattan. it was probably like a drug to his narcissistic brain from then on.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

as much as i've ridiculed those around here who voted Trump, there is a huge innocent minority who really put him into office. These are good people, but they can also easily be manipulated by fear. It has to do with Christian values more than anything. Trump got a taste of the love from this crowd in the 80's when he showed up for WWF matches. he didn't get that kind of love in Manhattan. it was probably like a drug to his narcissistic brain from then on.
    no they are no longer innocent. they are guilty as hell now for what they have done.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

no they are no longer innocent. they are guilty as hell now for what they have done.
    Dun dun!

So dramatic!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

Exactly. Conservative Christians are so focused on being anti-abortion that they knowingly voted for a racist who admitted to sexually assaulting women because he said he wants Roe v Wade overturned. It's pathetic that all a candidate needs to say is that their anti-abortion and that they'll cut taxes and they'll get a huge portion of the vote, even one that should be on the sex offender registration.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

I've heard that every election since 1996!
    I certainly never said it or thought it before. And there wasn't a fascist involved in the past.
    It would be really interesting to see how many people placed a vote for Trump to vote against Clinton and vice versa. Those are the people who should have voted third party. How frustrating that our elections have come down to merely voting to vote against the other person.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    JC29856 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

You're not from St Paul, are you?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/01/25/a-handcuffed-14-year-old-girl-spat-at-an-officer-he-punched-her-face-and-claimed-self-defense/
    I am. Despicable.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

I think what most people are underestimating is that he literally is a celebrity (eye roll) and to those who are completely uninterested and don't care about politics... these people vote and they recognize him from the television. There is a little of every component into how he got elected, including this big group.

Think about when you were a kid and you didn't know anything about politics but you seemed to like one candidate over another for one reason or another. Lots of people only know him from TV but that can be more than enough for some because they won't read up on politics.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

Exactly. Conservative Christians are so focused on being anti-abortion that they knowingly voted for a racist who admitted to sexually assaulting women because he said he wants Roe v Wade overturned. It's pathetic that all a candidate needs to say is that their anti-abortion and that they'll cut taxes and they'll get a huge portion of the vote, even one that should be on the sex offender registration.
    Well technically forgiveness is a Christian value...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

Touche. Maybe 'hate the sin, love the sinner' is what's going on here. Or maybe Clinton is the Devil?
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

Exactly. Conservative Christians are so focused on being anti-abortion that they knowingly voted for a racist who admitted to sexually assaulting women because he said he wants Roe v Wade overturned. It's pathetic that all a chttp://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.htmlandidate needs to say is that their anti-abortion and that they'll cut taxes and they'll get a huge portion of the vote, even one that should be on the sex offender registration.
    Touche. Maybe 'hate the sin, love the sinner' is what's going on here. Or maybe Clinton is the Devil?
    Lol, quantum physics+infinite universe theories might say that you just created that reality...somewhere :) Oops...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

Exactly. Conservative Christians are so focused on being anti-abortion that they knowingly voted for a racist who admitted to sexually assaulting women because he said he wants Roe v Wade overturned. It's pathetic that all a chttp://www.cnn.com/2017/01/26/politics/top-state-department-officials-asked-to-leave-by-trump-administration/index.htmlandidate needs to say is that their anti-abortion and that they'll cut taxes and they'll get a huge portion of the vote, even one that should be on the sex offender registration.
    Lol, quantum physics+infinite universe theories might say that you just created that reality...somewhere :) Oops...
    So I guess it's my fault and not Obama's. Great.
  • Options

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

So I guess it's my fault and not Obama's. Great.
    At least everyone knows who to blame now! Haha!
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

we think ourselves a modern society, yet most live by books of fairy tales.
  • Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127
    90% of the people I personally know voted for and support Trump, after the TPP deal was shot down even many of the union members I know who were hard nosed Democrats have started rethinking their stance with Trump, I told them when this started that Trump could very well be a great push for unions and it looks as though that may be the case.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

who knows? it's nearly impossible to undo their belief system in the first week of a presidency*. but over time things might change. let's face it, religion is a scam, a long standing relic of oppression and its just simply a bunch of bullshit.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

90% of the people I personally know voted for and support Trump, after the TPP deal was shot down even many of the union members I know who were hard nosed Democrats have started rethinking their stance with Trump, I told them when this started that Trump could very well be a great push for unions and it looks as though that may be the case.

that's because every union person I know votes their own interests. not society's.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    trump's labor pick with Puzder pretty much says there's no union love with trump and he also bashed the entire steelworkers union. If there is any union support, it won't last long.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558

trump's labor pick with Puzder pretty much says there's no union love with trump and he also bashed the entire steelworkers union. If there is any union support, it won't last long.

As an NYC developer he is used to fighting unions.
  • Options

You make it sound as if 90% of the people couldn't figure things out for themselves until you came in and saved the day for them. Thank gawd for leaders!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    tbergs said:

PJ_Soul said:

JC29856 said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

I've heard that every election since 1996!
    I certainly never said it or thought it before. And there wasn't a fascist involved in the past.
    It would be really interesting to see how many people placed a vote for Trump to vote against Clinton and vice versa. Those are the people who should have voted third party. How frustrating that our elections have come down to merely voting to vote against the other person.
    E-X-A-C-T-L-Y!!!!!
  • Options

You make it sound as if 90% of the people couldn't figure things out for themselves until you came in and saved the day for them. Thank gawd for leaders!
    thank you for noticing.....

• Options

that's because every union person I know votes their own interests. not society's.
    and that is Democrat, right, wrong or otherwise union leaders always vote and push Democrat and that just baffles me..unions need to separate themselves from party lines and research the candidates rather than just pick the Dem.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

i'll say this. every single one of them would run out today and vote for Trump again if there was a redo to the election. that part is fucked up and perhaps unforgivable.
  • Options

and that is Democrat, right, wrong or otherwise union leaders always vote and push Democrat and that just baffles me..unions need to separate themselves from party lines and research the candidates rather than just pick the Dem.
    So say unions look at candidates completely objectively, what do you think would be the end result with how often they support dem vs. rep?
  • Options

same in Canada. NDP (new democratic party). they are known as the union party. if you vote otherwise, you are considered a traitor.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

same in Canada. NDP (new democratic party). they are known as the union party. if you vote otherwise, you are considered a traitor.
    Not where I'm from. There are your union blowhards that spout stuff like that, but for the most part, people vote as they will without undue pressure.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Not where I'm from. There are your union blowhards that spout stuff like that, but for the most part, people vote as they will without undue pressure.
    this is coming from my limited experience with union folks. I have never worked in that environment, but I've been told this by a few unioners over the years.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com