Options

People you know that support Trump

Comments

• Options
    MeanMr.MustardMeanMr.Mustard TBA Posts: 127

90% of the people I personally know voted for and support Trump, after the TPP deal was shot down even many of the union members I know who were hard nosed Democrats have started rethinking their stance with Trump, I told them when this started that Trump could very well be a great push for unions and it looks as though that may be the case.

that's because every union person I know votes their own interests. not society's.
    and that is Democrat, right, wrong or otherwise union leaders always vote and push Democrat and that just baffles me..unions need to separate themselves from party lines and research the candidates rather than just pick the Dem.
    So say unions look at candidates completely objectively, what do you think would be the end result with how often they support dem vs. rep?
    couldn't tell ya, Union leaders always pick a dem candidate and push it onto the working members..some play along and some vote their feelings.

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,595
    Free said:

PJ_Soul said:

dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

Agreed. Worst timing ever.
    Wah!! It's never a good time to vote third-party, wah! I'm still with Her!!
    That's mature, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

90% of the people I personally know voted for and support Trump, after the TPP deal was shot down even many of the union members I know who were hard nosed Democrats have started rethinking their stance with Trump, I told them when this started that Trump could very well be a great push for unions and it looks as though that may be the case.

that's because every union person I know votes their own interests. not society's.
    and that is Democrat, right, wrong or otherwise union leaders always vote and push Democrat and that just baffles me..unions need to separate themselves from party lines and research the candidates rather than just pick the Dem.
    same in Canada. NDP (new democratic party). they are known as the union party. if you vote otherwise, you are considered a traitor.
    Maybe if you vote Conservative, since they are quite specifically anti-union (and will be very forcefully anti-union when O'Leary wins the leadership), and that is pretty justified. A union member voting for an anti-union party? Yeah, that's a vote against the union you belong to for sure, and pretty stupid too, unless the voter intends to quit their job. This isn't true if you're talking about the Liberal Party or the Green Party though. Unions don't expect you to vote NDP, they just kind of expect union members to not vote against the existence of unions. Obviously.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656

So say unions look at candidates completely objectively, what do you think would be the end result with how often they support dem vs. rep?
    couldn't tell ya, Union leaders always pick a dem candidate and push it onto the working members..some play along and some vote their feelings.

Mr. opinion can't give an opinion? Whose policies in general favor unions vs. which one works against union goals and objectives?
  • Options
    edited January 2017

You know union members who specifically vote against their own interests and rights as union members? They must be pretty dumb. Voting for those who will support the union you belong to isn't "playing along". It's just common sense.
  • Options

Mr. opinion can't give an opinion? Whose policies in general favor unions vs. which one works against union goals and objectives?
    well this time it seems the Rep's(Trump) are a favorite for many of the union workers, have you ever been involved in a union ?
    ever ran for a union position ? spent time on the inner working of a local office and dealt with a union president ? if you have then you know union leaders always support a dem. candidate .....right or wrong, and throw money at them to try and buy a little security of at least a good lie to hold them over till the next political money grabber comes along.

that's all I'm given, I've been disgusted with dems for quite some time now.

• Options

well this time it seems the Rep's(Trump) are a favorite for many of the union workers, have you ever been involved in a union ?
    ever ran for a union position ? spent time on the inner working of a local office and dealt with a union president ? if you have then you know union leaders always support a dem. candidate .....right or wrong, and throw money at them to try and buy a little security of at least a good lie to hold them over till the next political money grabber comes along.

That's not the question. The question is who do you think supports unions more often than not, R's or D's?
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986

Yeah there's a reason for that. The GOP isn't a labor friendly party. They want nothing more than for you to be unprotected from your employer. Get that through your thick skull please.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

Yeah there's a reason for that. The GOP isn't a labor friendly party. They want nothing more than for you to be unprotected from your employer. Get that through your thick skull please.
    never said they were and the dems just lie about it....thick skull ???? is that any way to talk to a sensitive 10c member, I'm hurt...where's my binki and coloring book ! LOL !

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835

never said they were and the dems just lie about it....thick skull ???? is that any way to talk to a sensitive 10c member, I'm hurt...where's my binki and coloring book ! LOL !

but you've been hating on the democrats and and supporting the republicans for 8 years now. or was it for another, more obvious reason?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    the dems use organized labor solely for their money period and after the check clears they say "union who ?" ...until the next election cycle comes around......sucks !
  • Options

the dems use organized labor solely for their money period and after the check clears they say "union who ?" ...until the next election cycle comes around......sucks !

Horseshit. The GOP has made it their priority to destroy unions. Why would you support the party that wants to cut your throat?

You are an extremely low information voter. We all know it.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

Horseshit. The GOP has made it their priority to destroy unions. Why would you support the party that wants to cut your throat?

ahhh now it's horseshit and "we all know it" speaking of low information why don't you tell me what the fuck the dems have done for unions, no argument about the rep's I agree but bullshit on the Democratic Hero nonsense.

• Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Racism, bigotry, and misogyny run everywhere in all professions.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options

Some way more than others. It also helps when there's laws against it.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

ahhh now it's horseshit and "we all know it" speaking of low information why don't you tell me what the fuck the dems have done for unions, no argument about the rep's I agree but bullshit on the Democratic Hero nonsense.

Well...for one they OPPOSED the shit that the GOP passed to weaken unions

Post edited by Kat on

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

Agreed, which is why there are laws against it... Or are you saying that there should be extra laws against it, and if so, can you give an example as to how that would read?
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Agreed, which is why there are laws against it... Or are you saying that there should be extra laws against it, and if so, can you give an example as to how that would read?
    Right now there's attempts to remove lgbt protections on a federal level.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

PJPOWER said:

Right now there's attempts to remove lgbt protections on a federal level.
    Yup. Donald Trump pledges to sign anti-LGBTQ ‘First Amendment Defense Act’

The only thing you'll need to claim in order to discriminate against a gay person is a "moral conviction". That apparently absolves one from being an asshole. Religionists are funny. BTW, not surprised to know that Mike Lee from Utah is a sponsor, and that homophobic, racist and all around asshole Attorney General nominee Jeff Sessions loves the bill.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,558

As well as fear, hate, and ignorance
  • Options
    InHiding80InHiding80 Upland,CA Posts: 7,623
    edited January 2017

Your master could tell you the Earth is flat and you'd agree with him and call us lib commie snowflake intellectual elitist buttercup libtards for not agreeing with you.

• Options

Your master could tell you the Earth is flat and you'd agree with him and call us lib commie snowflake intellectual elitist buttercup libtards for not agreeing with you.

okie dokie....lets do this, lets wait and see how things turn out with our new president and talk about in 4 years and vote again
    because obviously the agony of defeat still has many of you spinning out of control and saying things or thinking things the leftist media
    has planted in your minds.

• Options

okie dokie....lets do this, lets wait and see how things turn out with our new president and talk about in 4 years and vote again
    because obviously the agony of defeat still has many of you spinning out of control and saying things or thinking things the leftist media

I don't think it's leftist media planting anything in anyone's mind.

I think it's the reality that has people irked.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

• Options
    dignin said:

Growing up, we had this little shit Pomeranian. He fought every dog every time he came across one. The dogs he fought were generally surprised and mercifully... they never snuffed his life out which would have been easy for them to do. I distinctly remember one comical encounter with a Doberman.

The thing is... according to Happy (f**k... calling him in for dinner made you sound like a f**king idiot)... according to Happy... he died the champ. Reality can be whatever you want it to be if you're a dog (or some simple bastard that knows no better).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options

dignin said:

Growing up, we had this little shit Pomeranian. He fought every dog every time he came across one. The dogs he fought were generally surprised and mercifully... they never snuffed his life out which would have been easy for them to do. I distinctly remember one comical encounter with a Doberman.

The thing is... according to Happy (f**k... calling him in for dinner made you sound like a f**king idiot)... according to Happy... he died the champ. Reality can be whatever you want it to be if you're a dog (or some simple bastard that knows no better).
    imagine having a MALE dog named Buffy. let's just say it was mentioned in my high school fucking yearbook. right underneath my grad picture.

it is amazing all the "liberal hate" I keep reading about, followed immediately by the words/phrases "snowflake", "safe space", "go back to your own country", "libtard", etc etc.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

imagine having a MALE dog named Buffy. let's just say it was mentioned in my high school fucking yearbook. right underneath my grad picture.

it is amazing all the "liberal hate" I keep reading about, followed immediately by the words/phrases "snowflake", "safe space", "go back to your own country", "libtard", etc etc.
    for every action there is a re-action right ? not trying to stir up the pot but when you get people divided in one way or another this is what happens and nothing divides people like politics'...well almost nothing, it would be nice if everybody could deal with their political differences in more friendly way, even more than main stream news I blame social media for the rise in violence over political differences, and the transparency everybody is looking for ? well some things are better left unsaid when it comes to politics'

• Options

dignin said:

for every action there is a re-action right ? not trying to stir up the pot but when you get people divided in one way or another this is what happens and nothing divides people like politics'...well almost nothing, it would be nice if everybody could deal with their political differences in more friendly way, even more than main stream news I blame social media for the rise in violence over political differences, and the transparency everybody is looking for ? well some things are better left unsaid when it comes to politics'

yeah, so liberals "started it". got it.

social media doesn't cause violence. ignorance and stupidity does. social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options

dignin said:

yeah, so liberals "started it". got it.

social media doesn't cause violence. ignorance and stupidity does. social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense.
    didn't say that, and..." social media has been an invaluable tool in rallying the troops to fight this nonsense " FIGHT ! ...you just made my point.