Options

People you know that support Trump

Comments

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wma31394 said:

in my exchange with jenna jameson on twitter, I did some research. I found a quote of hers: "I vote republican. I can't wait for a republican to be back in office. when you're rich, you vote republican". and that's the crux of it, folks. the republican platform is all about "me me me" and the democratic platform is all about "us us us".

selfish to the bone.

"In my exchange with Jenna Jameson...." :o
    she's a grade a deplorable, let me tell you. she's open about her opinions, and that's fine, but then someone asks her a question and she fires back with a childish insult for no reason. just like trump.
    I used to deal with business manager for trade shows during her Vivid years..talk about a hot mess..her whole world.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

Free said:

I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
    I wanted my vote to matter, not just count. Everyone knows the write in and third party vote in our country have no current impact. In the future perhaps but we aren't there yet.
    How the fuck do you think we get there?!! BY VOTING FOR THEM!!! Jesus Christ why is this such a hard concept to understand. If everyone who said "I'd vote third party but it doesn't matter" actually voted third party, we'd get them on the national ticket! For fuck's sake!
    Sorry for sounding pissed off but fuck it, I am!
    Couldn't have said it better myself! That's like saying you're going to wait until there are more dishes to wash before washing the dishes, and then a week later wondering why the dishes aren't clean yet. If you think a 3rd party candidate would do a better job, vote for that 3rd party candidate now. Build momentum, build a movement, send a message. Voting for Trump sent a message, too, but it was the completely opposite message someone who is hoping for a stronger 3rd party option should be sending.
    OK. You're right. When the 3rd party gives me a better candidate I wont consider it a wasted vote. That choice, in my eyes has never presented itself. If Sanders had been on the ballot as the 3rd party option he would have gotten my vote.
    You can write in anyone you want if you aren't ok with those on the ticket. Again, I don't know your motivation, but it seems that the Trump vote was more of a vote against Clinton than a vote for what you really wanted.
    The right in just seems useless to me without a HUGE presence. It seemed that as soon as Bernie was out, we all forgot. I was certainly motivated to vote against Clinton. Both candidates had huge flaws against them and I went with the lesser of the evils I thought. It's my choice and I'll suffer the consequences good and bad with this president, just as I have with the ones who were in office when I could vote.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Trump supporters represent the worst of society. these are the people who were asleep or smoking joints behind the gym through history class. they fall with within the spectrum of narcissism. its sad and nothing can be done

Free said:

I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
    or just stay home. don't screw us all with your hate.
    I forgot how we know each other? I have no hate, did we have a personal conversation that led you to believe I am hateful? Like I said not all trump supporters are the people you want them to be.
    i apologize for using the word hate. i just don't understand how you can stand by and watch someone who you selected fuck us all and not feel any shame or responsibility.
    Let's debate like grown ups. I am not in favor of everything he does, and I never have been with any president. Toss out one thing at a time that you feel he is fuckin us all on and I will give you my honest response to how I feel about trump.
    Re-implementing CIA black sites and torturing terrorism suspects. Are you okay with that?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,074
    edited January 2017

tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

Free said:

I wanted my vote to matter, not just count. Everyone knows the write in and third party vote in our country have no current impact. In the future perhaps but we aren't there yet.
    How the fuck do you think we get there?!! BY VOTING FOR THEM!!! Jesus Christ why is this such a hard concept to understand. If everyone who said "I'd vote third party but it doesn't matter" actually voted third party, we'd get them on the national ticket! For fuck's sake!
    Couldn't have said it better myself! That's like saying you're going to wait until there are more dishes to wash before washing the dishes, and then a week later wondering why the dishes aren't clean yet. If you think a 3rd party candidate would do a better job, vote for that 3rd party candidate now. Build momentum, build a movement, send a message. Voting for Trump sent a message, too, but it was the completely opposite message someone who is hoping for a stronger 3rd party option should be sending.
    OK. You're right. When the 3rd party gives me a better candidate I wont consider it a wasted vote. That choice, in my eyes has never presented itself. If Sanders had been on the ballot as the 3rd party option he would have gotten my vote.
    You can write in anyone you want if you aren't ok with those on the ticket. Again, I don't know your motivation, but it seems that the Trump vote was more of a vote against Clinton than a vote for what you really wanted.
    The right in just seems useless to me without a HUGE presence. It seemed that as soon as Bernie was out, we all forgot. I was certainly motivated to vote against Clinton. Both candidates had huge flaws against them and I went with the lesser of the evils I thought. It's my choice and I'll suffer the consequences good and bad with this president, just as I have with the ones who were in office when I could vote.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Trump supporters represent the worst of society. these are the people who were asleep or smoking joints behind the gym through history class. they fall with within the spectrum of narcissism. its sad and nothing can be done

Free said:

I forgot how we know each other? I have no hate, did we have a personal conversation that led you to believe I am hateful? Like I said not all trump supporters are the people you want them to be.
    i apologize for using the word hate. i just don't understand how you can stand by and watch someone who you selected fuck us all and not feel any shame or responsibility.
    Let's debate like grown ups. I am not in favor of everything he does, and I never have been with any president. Toss out one thing at a time that you feel he is fuckin us all on and I will give you my honest response to how I feel about trump.
    Re-implementing CIA black sites and torturing terrorism suspects. Are you okay with that?
    NO
  • Options

tbergs said:

jeffbr said:

Free said:

We are having a grown up attempt at dialogue. If you'd care to join in please do. Did I say anything about emails?
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Terrorism suspects...no. Verified terrorists...water board away!
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Who does the verifying?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Who does the verifying?
    Probably the same ones that "suspect" them. I agree that there should be standards such as:
    Spending time around known terrorist=suspect.
    Caught red-handed drilling a hole into a child's skull=verified.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Do you support his plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it?
    I support the plan to build a "wall" or tougher borders. I do not support that that Mexico should pay for it. It's our decision, we should pay for it. I don't support a wall because I'm racist. I welcome ANYONE to our country. All I ask is they do it legally, become a citizen, and pay their taxes. I don't believe we have a bunch of "bad hombres" running around. I do however believe in paying your fair share to enjoy this country.
    You know the wall won't work and his plan to police the area is a huge waste of billions of dollars, right?
    The "wall" or whatever it will be may or may not work. Our Government wastes millions of dollars all across the world on a monthly basis. If this fails, and a waste of money I'm glad to see him at least trying close to home. Building a wall or the reasons he has may differ from mine, but like I said above, I'm in favor of people coming to our country legally and paying their share. Next topic?
    And this is why we're dumbfounded by trump voters. You're supporting a plan that will costs billions and fail, but you support it because of ideology and that it will make you feel better.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Do you support his plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it?
    I support the plan to build a "wall" or tougher borders. I do not support that that Mexico should pay for it. It's our decision, we should pay for it. I don't support a wall because I'm racist. I welcome ANYONE to our country. All I ask is they do it legally, become a citizen, and pay their taxes. I don't believe we have a bunch of "bad hombres" running around. I do however believe in paying your fair share to enjoy this country.
    You know the wall won't work and his plan to police the area is a huge waste of billions of dollars, right?
    The "wall" or whatever it will be may or may not work. Our Government wastes millions of dollars all across the world on a monthly basis. If this fails, and a waste of money I'm glad to see him at least trying close to home. Building a wall or the reasons he has may differ from mine, but like I said above, I'm in favor of people coming to our country legally and paying their share. Next topic?
    And this is why we're dumbfounded by trump voters. You're supporting a plan that will costs billions and fail, but you support it because of ideology and that it will make you feel better.
    The plan MAY fail. The US has had many failures.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    First choice Bernie, second choice Trump.

That makes absolutely no sense.
  • Options
    dignin said:

Would you care to pick a topic and discuss like adults? Such as Go Beavers and Halifax2themax have done.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

dignin said:

Would you care to pick a topic and discuss like adults? Such as Go Beavers and Halifax2themax have done.
    Nothing childish with dignin's statement. It is pretty mind boggling as the two are polar opposites.
  • Options

dignin said:

Nothing childish with dignin's statement. It is pretty mind boggling as the two are polar opposites.
    I'm continuing this thread because I would like to discuss the topics that are "fucking everyone over" My vote choice may be "mind boggling" to you but clear to me. Now would you like to pick a topic (how Trump is fucking us all over) to debate?
  • Options

dignin said:

If you couldn't use basic critical thinking skills to see the obvious differences then I'm not going to bother. There is no logic or common ground to be found at your "adult" table. You were hoodwinked by a con-man and now you have to live with that. I seriously have more respect for voters who knew what Trump was and voted for him because that is what they wanted.

I just feel bad for the others that didn't sign up for this madness, they don't deserve it.
  • Options
    dignin said:

dignin said:

If you couldn't use basic critical thinking skills to see the obvious differences then I'm not going to bother. There is no logic or common ground to be found at your "adult" table. You were hoodwinked by a con-man and now you have to live with that. I seriously have more respect for voters who knew what Trump was and voted for him because that is what they wanted.

I just feel bad for the others that didn't sign up for this madness, they don't deserve it.
    I guess I don't understand. I'm an ignorant racist who abuses women. I'm giving anyone an open invite to debate all the theories that "us" Trump supporters are stereotyped into. All I'm saying is lets do it like adults. Oh Well...
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

I guess I don't understand. I'm an ignorant racist who abuses women. I'm giving anyone an open invite to debate all the theories that "us" Trump supporters are stereotyped into. All I'm saying is lets do it like adults. Oh Well...
    Speaking of having an adult conversation, I must have missed the part where I called you an ignorant racist who abuses women.

Here's a pro tip, if you want to have an adult conversation, pretend like you want to have one. I personally like it over here at the "kids" table, more fun.
  • Options

dignin said:

I'm continuing this thread because I would like to discuss the topics that are "fucking everyone over" My vote choice may be "mind boggling" to you but clear to me. Now would you like to pick a topic (how Trump is fucking us all over) to debate?
    Are you not concerned that Trump's foreign policy decisions may be influenced by his business dealings?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

dignin said:

dignin said:

You seem like a brave patriot but unfortunately you will perish like those that came before you.

https://youtu.be/rY0WxgSXdEE
  • Options

dignin said:

dignin said:

It's widely agreed on that trump's plans would increase deficit spending significantly. Is deficit spending a goid thing or bad thing?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Waterboarding is much worse than just killing people with drone strikes like Obama did. But hey, he was Obama so it wasn't a problem.
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Waterboarding is much worse than just killing people with drone strikes like Obama did. But hey, he was Obama so it wasn't a problem.
    This is like the 500th time someone avoids talking about what trump is doing by referencing Obama. How long will this be the response?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,601

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Oh, I didn't realize that drone strikes are now a thing of the past under Trump.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

You have no idea how I feel about drone strikes. But Obama at least took responsibility for them by personally approving them and giving the go ahead when they were considered "strategic" individual, high value targets and not as a larger operation with troops on the ground. Trump doesn't even want a daily brief.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^
    Something tells me H2M that a part of you is elated every time a part of isis gets obliterated by a drone strike.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

how bout weakening our democracy, that's about the worse thing a President can do:
    -How many executive orders has he issues in his first five days? Four, i believe. normally, presidents try the legislative route first. that way, theres a proper vetting process by the American people. Now if Congress stone walls, then yes, executive orders can be called upon.
    -censorship of the National Parks service and EPA
    -this one is subjective. but basically, his poor leadership style makes it easy for any interest group to get to him including foreign powers like Russia, further weakening our democracy.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

in my exchange with jenna jameson on twitter, I did some research. I found a quote of hers: "I vote republican. I can't wait for a republican to be back in office. when you're rich, you vote republican". and that's the crux of it, folks. the republican platform is all about "me me me" and the democratic platform is all about "us us us".

selfish to the bone.

yep. and that is what angers me. there is no place for a good hearted unselfish person in the Republican world. Sure, they smile and talk nicely. But they never fucking help.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Free said:

This is the most rational comment I've ever heard on the subject. Love it.
  • Options
    In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.