Options

People you know that support Trump

Comments

• Options
    FreeFree Posts: 3,562
    dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

And in my most humble opinion, This was the very election to vote for a 3rd party candidate. "The 2 most unpopular candidates in US history" begs a 3rd party vote.

• Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    Thought spinning around my head at the next Pearl Jam concert: "Which ones of these people are the mother fucking Trump voters from AMT?"
  • Options

Thought spinning around my head at the next Pearl Jam concert: "Which ones of these people are the mother fucking Trump voters from AMT?"

That's funny.
    At the next concert we should all have nametags of our username.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    I have lots of good friends and family that voted for trump. I didn't vote this year. Two worst candidates. And Jill Stein and Gary Johnson just made me shake my head. I also have a lot of friends and family who voted for Clinton, because she was lesser of two evils. My republican homies voted because they genuinely liked their candidate. A trend that I've noticed
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    PJ_Soul said:

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Trump supporters represent the worst of society. these are the people who were asleep or smoking joints behind the gym through history class. they fall with within the spectrum of narcissism. its sad and nothing can be done

Free said:

I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
    or just stay home. don't screw us all with your hate.
    I forgot how we know each other? I have no hate, did we have a personal conversation that led you to believe I am hateful? Like I said not all trump supporters are the people you want them to be.
    i apologize for using the word hate. i just don't understand how you can stand by and watch someone who you selected fuck us all and not feel any shame or responsibility.
    Let's debate like grown ups. I am not in favor of everything he does, and I never have been with any president. Toss out one thing at a time that you feel he is fuckin us all on and I will give you my honest response to how I feel about trump.
    Re-implementing CIA black sites and torturing terrorism suspects. Are you okay with that?
    Waterboarding is much worse than just killing people with drone strikes like Obama did. But hey, he was Obama so it wasn't a problem.
    Oh, I didn't realize that drone strikes are now a thing of the past under Trump.
    They aren't. I am not for torture either, but let's at least be consistent in the outrage.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125

That's funny.
    I met a few last April in Fort Lauderdale with PJ's tour opener. We had a great time even talked about some of the members on here....I was hoping GF would show up but he didn't show.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    edited January 2017
    dignin said:

In my most humble of opinions, this was not the election to vote for a third party candidate.

I refuse to use my vote as a "vote against." I did not want Trump or Clinton as my President and I'm not going to waste my constitutional right to mark someone's checkbox so the other guy doesn't win, when I don't want that person to win. I am done with the lesser of two evils bullshit.
    If we really wanted change, this was the perfect election for people to vote third party en masse.

Edit: For the record, Hillary won Maryland in a landslide.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,125
    Free said:

dignin said:

And in my most humble opinion, This was the very election to vote for a 3rd party candidate. "The 2 most unpopular candidates in US history" begs a 3rd party vote.

I agree this was certainly THE election to vote third party and I most certainly did even in a swing state such as Florida.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419

That's funny.
    Funny you mention that because I thought of making a t-shirt with my username on it for the 2013 tour. Never did, though.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Well, the proof is in the pudding. We now have Trump.

Your system is not ready for a viable third party candidate. Bernie knew this.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

That could be interesting depending on what state you go to the concert in, haha
  • Options
    Saw this on Facebook

So we're 5 days in and we have: abortion restrictions, racist immigration policies, "alternative facts", a white elephant plan to build a big wall, gag orders on government workers, and the memory hole-ing of gays and climate change.

I gotta say...you "There's no difference between Trump and Hillary" people fuckin' *nailed it*. When you're done watching Boondock Saints for the 100th time enlighten us with more political analysis please.
  • Options

^^^
    Something tells me H2M that a part of you is elated every time a part of isis gets obliterated by a drone strike.

Maybe ISIL should be recruited to restore order in Chicago? Close gitmo make Chicago great again!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Here is an interesting article and slideshow of an American wall.
    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politics/the-us-mexico-border-now/ss-AAmeM4k?ocid=spartanntp#image=1
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,149

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Trump supporters represent the worst of society. these are the people who were asleep or smoking joints behind the gym through history class. they fall with within the spectrum of narcissism. its sad and nothing can be done

Free said:

I voted trump. Not because I'm a racist or a woman abuser, but because our political system gave me two choices and I could never have voted for Hillary. I chose sanders in the primary and if he would have won I would have voted for him. I voted for Obama twice and bill Clinton once. Hillary was just as arrogant as trump and the fact she waited until later in the next day to make a speech after she lost makes me feel I made the right choice. She hid from the public and coward in a corner. That's not who I want in charge.

The system did not just give you two choices. There were 3rd party choices and the option to write in.
    I forgot how we know each other? I have no hate, did we have a personal conversation that led you to believe I am hateful? Like I said not all trump supporters are the people you want them to be.
    i apologize for using the word hate. i just don't understand how you can stand by and watch someone who you selected fuck us all and not feel any shame or responsibility.
    Let's debate like grown ups. I am not in favor of everything he does, and I never have been with any president. Toss out one thing at a time that you feel he is fuckin us all on and I will give you my honest response to how I feel about trump.
    Do you support his plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it?
    I support the plan to build a "wall" or tougher borders. I do not support that that Mexico should pay for it. It's our decision, we should pay for it. I don't support a wall because I'm racist. I welcome ANYONE to our country. All I ask is they do it legally, become a citizen, and pay their taxes. I don't believe we have a bunch of "bad hombres" running around. I do however believe in paying your fair share to enjoy this country.
    You know the wall won't work and his plan to police the area is a huge waste of billions of dollars, right?
    The "wall" or whatever it will be may or may not work. Our Government wastes millions of dollars all across the world on a monthly basis. If this fails, and a waste of money I'm glad to see him at least trying close to home. Building a wall or the reasons he has may differ from mine, but like I said above, I'm in favor of people coming to our country legally and paying their share. Next topic?
    And this is why we're dumbfounded by trump voters. You're supporting a plan that will costs billions and fail, but you support it because of ideology and that it will make you feel better.
    You do realize that the wall wasn't trump's right? It's actually an extension of a GW Bush piece of legislation for immigration teform that was passed back in 2006.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

Voted yes on by some names you may recognize: Barack O'Bama, Hilary Clinton.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00262

It passed, a few billion was spent on it, and then it stalled.

So to say that trump supporters are alone in this is kind of misleading, I would say, when you know the history behind it.

I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    I just saw a Facebook post by a childhood friend of mine supporting Trump, we aren't close but have known each other for over 20 years.
    Breaks my heart.

By the way, how the hell does Trump expect Mexico to pay for the wall?
    I can imagine the Mexican president receiving a bill in the mail and laughing at it.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,656
    Gee, thanks for your Norman Rockwell portrait of trump voters. How long can the denial last?
  • Options

vaggar99 said:

vaggar99 said:

Free said:

Do you support his plan to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it?
    I support the plan to build a "wall" or tougher borders. I do not support that that Mexico should pay for it. It's our decision, we should pay for it. I don't support a wall because I'm racist. I welcome ANYONE to our country. All I ask is they do it legally, become a citizen, and pay their taxes. I don't believe we have a bunch of "bad hombres" running around. I do however believe in paying your fair share to enjoy this country.
    You know the wall won't work and his plan to police the area is a huge waste of billions of dollars, right?
    The "wall" or whatever it will be may or may not work. Our Government wastes millions of dollars all across the world on a monthly basis. If this fails, and a waste of money I'm glad to see him at least trying close to home. Building a wall or the reasons he has may differ from mine, but like I said above, I'm in favor of people coming to our country legally and paying their share. Next topic?
    And this is why we're dumbfounded by trump voters. You're supporting a plan that will costs billions and fail, but you support it because of ideology and that it will make you feel better.
    You do realize that the wall wasn't trump's right? It's actually an extension of a GW Bush piece of legislation for immigration teform that was passed back in 2006.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

Voted yes on by some names you may recognize: Barack O'Bama, Hilary Clinton.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=109&session=2&vote=00262

It passed, a few billion was spent on it, and then it stalled.

So to say that trump supporters are alone in this is kind of misleading, I would say, when you know the history behind it.

I know about the the history of the wall and that it's already wasted money, and I always knew Barack O'Bama was born in Ireland!!
  • Options
    ^^^
    Will you be able to explain the history of the upcoming wall?
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    dignin said:

First choice Bernie, second choice Trump.

That makes absolutely no sense.

let's see, i can vote for the democratic socialist, or the dumbass.

dumbass it is!!!!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    You all feel good about yourselves now? Shudder the thought someone who doesn't agree with you isn't a racist. God forbid you consider some people were tired of their jobs disappearing and voted for someone they thought would bring the jobs back. Don't mention that Trump already rejected the TPP and is ready to renegotiate NAFTA. These may not work but support there were other reasons to support Trump.

Could it be they aren't racist towards hispanics but are against illegal immigration, which is predominately Hispanic? I know several Christian people that voted for Trump and spend some of their vacation time in Haiti for disaster relief. Sure they are just a bunch of racist, deplorable people that are very charitable with their money and time.

This circle jerk of a thread is deplorable. Keep bullying people all you want to feel better about yourselves. Trump is far from perfect. I didn't vote for him. Got a pit in my stomach while in the voting line. But, it is such bullshit that anyone who voted for Trump is a deplorable. They wanted something to change so badly that they voted for Trump in spite of his flaws.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    JM101639 said:

Here's who voted for Trump: Caucasian male and female, late 40s, early 50s, married 20 plus years, high school education. Between the two, they work 4 blue collar, thankless jobs to support 3 kids, pay college tuition for one, while watching a vulgar, foul-mouthed mother w several young, misbehaved children, pay for a cart load of junk food and non life essential items w and EBT card; all while he and his wife have to sacrifice "luxury" such as a simple $40 meal at Texas Roadhouse or watching every penny of every item they put in their cart at Walmart because the daughter needs basketball shoes because she made the high school team or because college tuition is due soon. That man and woman grew tired of hearing about privileges of their skin color from their preferred political party when they are dead-ass tired continually due to sleeping 4-5 hours a day in order to make sure his kids never want for anything. That man and woman got tired of the Sally Boynton Browns and Hillarys of the world as well as the hollywood elite inflicting white guilt on them when they have always strived to set a good example for their children, taught equality of race and gender from the time they could begin to understand, and have been accepting of their daughter's black boyfriend. That same man and woman grew tired of the absurdity of the far left and got tired of hearing about how bad of a country this is; a country they deeply love for what it has stood for and it's principles and are proud, not in an imperialist or "USA USA USA" kind of way. They got tired of everyone from the left constantly saying how bad it is here when that's not what they see; inside their circle of friends are no racists, homophobes etc, and the America they are told exists is not the America they see in their "bubble." A "bubble" that consists of work, school activities (games, band concerts etc) and family time, oh, and more work. That man and woman got fed up when they couldn't understand why BLM can rally so much against police brutality yet do not rally against the senseless killing of hundreds and hundreds of black men killed in Chicago during this decade alone, but get called a "racist" when asking this even in a non-threatening, sincere way. That man and woman got tired of being called racist when they sincerely ask "what is so wrong w a barrier controlling and who enters our country" in this flavor of the week terror strike era and drains on public finances due to illegals. I could go on and on. But. This is who voted for Trump. There"s millions just like these two out there. Good, decent ppl who have far more things to worry about than how many shows they can afford to see next year if they tour or hoping to find the Moline poster on ebay for $300 instead of $450 YIPEE SOMEONE IS ACTUALLY SELLING MOLINE FOR 300!!! These same ppl now look around and see how some on the left are showing disgusting, vile, name-calling, tantrums in the name of disagreement. The same behavior they would have assumed their party was above pre-election cycle. With each passing day, when they actually have "leisure time" to peruse the net, they are pushed further and further to right of center (whatever that really is) when their lack of intellect, morals, ethics, and income are constantly being used as their reason for voting for Trump. The more this continues, the more they insure his re-election if he has a modicum of success with economy or whatever. So before we carry on questioning the morals or ethics and intellect of the Trump voter, I would hope we do what we hoped the Democrat party used to be known for: empathy. We were given two choices basically. You can never convince me 47% of my fellow Americans are despicable, racist, bigots. Most Americans I know are far, far from this, even some I know voted for him. Four years is not a very long time in reality. There's still time to win this man and woman back because they don't necessarily support Trump, but want what is best for their beloved country. They saw it a different way from the left this time and voted their conscience. Generalizing all Trump supporters as despicable ppl only drives these people farther and farther away.

Just my two cents no one will probably read. On a lighter note, I hope everyone saw the Young at Heart Chorus video on the PJ fb page singing Elderly Woman. Best thing on the net all day.
    Peace.

You have made good points. You most certainly will get negative feedback, but I agree that the continued ignorant labeling and attacks are ridiculous. I don't agree with Trump voters, but I also don't think continuing to label them as stupid racists is a good approach. That's just shutting down the communication lines.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    All I am saying is: blaming and stereo-typing s singular trump voter is like that guy/girl on the team that likes to yell at everybody when they eff up. Those individuals eventually create resentment, dissension occurs, sides are chosen, and the "we" becomes "me" and nobody wins, including the team. I"m not trying to paint a Norman Rockwell painting of trump supporters knowing good and well there are the deplorables Hillary spoke of. I just don't think it's as widespread as portions of the public have been led to believe.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    @bootlegger10
    I know a lot of people that voted for him and they are definitely not racists or sexists. I am not a fan of his & did not vote for him.....but I've always felt that it's not fair/right to generalize/lump together one group of people based on the actions of some that are also within that (voting) group.

There are many reasons to vote for one candidate or another. Some just toe the party line...some mix it up....and other stir the pot after it has started overflowing. Some wait and see what happens, then complain no matter what the outcome is.

I'm not a fan of discrimination at all...in any way, shape or form. The people that act out in that way are not my friends. I know jerks on both sides of the fence. At the end of the day, they are still jerks and I am not their friend.

I think some people are starting to reach a boiling point with Trump & he just started his term. I can understand why...I'm not happy. That being said, I know that most people that voted (that I know personally) for him aren't racist at all. They wanted something different...I get that. I really do.

The thing that is needed now is to come together, have solid conversations as a country & decide what kind of country this will be for our great-great-great grandchildren. When certain things are done, they can not be undone. That's what worries me.

*note---this is rambling post. sorry.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options

You all feel good about yourselves now? Shudder the thought someone who doesn't agree with you isn't a racist. God forbid you consider some people were tired of their jobs disappearing and voted for someone they thought would bring the jobs back. Don't mention that Trump already rejected the TPP and is ready to renegotiate NAFTA. These may not work but support there were other reasons to support Trump.

Could it be they aren't racist towards hispanics but are against illegal immigration, which is predominately Hispanic? I know several Christian people that voted for Trump and spend some of their vacation time in Haiti for disaster relief. Sure they are just a bunch of racist, deplorable people that are very charitable with their money and time.

This circle jerk of a thread is deplorable. Keep bullying people all you want to feel better about yourselves. Trump is far from perfect. I didn't vote for him. Got a pit in my stomach while in the voting line. But, it is such bullshit that anyone who voted for Trump is a deplorable. They wanted something to change so badly that they voted for Trump in spite of his flaws.

The only person I saw on this thread bring up Trump supporters as racists was a Trump supporter.
  • Options

You're basically describing people who voted for trump who seemed like reasonable people and that had the ability to think rationally. I know some of these trump voters. It still doesn't make much sense to me and a lot of others. I don't think anyone is saying all trump voters are racists, but they voted for one. People who seemed nice to me were able to say 'I want this bigot to be president'. But maybe you touched on something: "they wanted change so badly they voted for trump". I don't get what they wanted to change so badly, or even if they did, they saw trump as the person to bring that change? The leaps of logic and mental gymnastics to make trump more appealing than Clinton have been shocking to see in some people. I know several Christian people who voted for trump. They are so fixated on making abortion the single issue, that they let that override all sense of decency.
  • Options
    You wanted something different. Congratulations... you got something different.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    tbergs said:

JM101639 said:

Peace.

You have made good points. You most certainly will get negative feedback, but I agree that the continued ignorant labeling and attacks are ridiculous. I don't agree with Trump voters, but I also don't think continuing to label them as stupid racists is a good approach. That's just shutting down the communication lines.
    Yeah, but what about the ones I know personally -- family members, for gods sake -- who call Asians towel heads or who fill their Facebook feed with disgusting memes that subjugate and sexualize women? I mean, I know them. I witness it and have to speak out against it constantly in my own family. Sure. They work hard at their jobs. They struggle to support their themselves. They love America. They are my family. But they also call African Americans ni**ers at the dinner table. These are the Trump voters I know, not the ones reported in magazines.

So, sorry . . . The president is definitely a racist. And then a bunch of people thought it was a good idea to vote for the racist. That's the best compromise I can arrive at in judging the Trump voter.
  • Options

You wanted something different. Congratulations... you got something different.

Oh wait, you mean the president is supposed to be knowledgeable and display some sort of professional behavior???