Options

Least Favorite Song Live

Comments

• Options
    crownofBcrownofB Brooklyn,NY Posts: 24
    edited February 2017
    leebug87 said:

Am I the only PJ fan that loves Sirens?

no sir big fan of it myself. I could be a little biased too cause they dedicated it to my buddy who passed away a few months prior to MSG night 2. Couldnt believe it when Ed said his name before song. But how can anyone be sick of it theyve only played it for a few years? (2013 i believe) To each his own obviously, but I would prob be ok with not hearing Rockin again or Last kiss
    Post edited by crownofB on
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,341
    Nothing as it seems
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Small Town - sends me to the beer line
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,061
    edited February 2017
    Jesus tough fucking crowd around here...look at fucking songs in this thread! These are really somebody LEAST favorite song to hear live?!?

All Those Yesterdays, Long Road, Corduroy, The End, Of The Earth, Do The Evolution, Nothing As It Seems, Daughter, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter, "All Covers!", Immortality, Even Flow, Black, Parachutes, Sleight Of Hand...

Fucking mind blowing to me that some of these are on here.
    Post edited by Abe Froman on
  • Options
    Evacuation.
    E. Rutherford I (6/1/06), Lollapalooza (8/5/07), Washington DC (6/22/08), MSG II (6/25/08), MSG II (6/21/10), Brooklyn II (10/19/13), MSG II (5/2/16), Wrigley I (8/20/16), TOTD MSG (11/7/16)
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I've seen Mind Your Manners 8 times and have yet to hear a good version. Love the song on the album but it sucks live.
  • Options

I used to be the same, but then they opened with it in Montreal in '11, and it totally gave me a new appreciation for the song.

It's weird how that can work sometimes.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,243

I've seen Mind Your Manners 8 times and have yet to hear a good version. Love the song on the album but it sucks live.

What?! The Hampton version killed last year.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Love reign o'me
    Can not stand this song,I have tried hard to get use to it but no go,absolutely hate it
  • Options
    crazy mary ever since boom joined the band
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    jburneyko said:

100% agree
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,353
    mcgruff10 said:

jburneyko said:

100% agree
    Nothing worse than an organ sole replacing a guitar solo.
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    infallible,long road
    danny d
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,470
    Sweet Lew, hate it
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    tbergs said:

It is the best version so far, but I dunno.. it's still really weak in a few spots. MYM live just doesn't get me riled up like the album version.
  • Options

I used to be the same, but then they opened with it in Montreal in '11, and it totally gave me a new appreciation for the song.

It's weird how that can work sometimes.
    Did the same at Moline when they opened with it. PJ certainly have a few songs that don't make sense in studio and come together live.
    Nothingman is another example

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506

tbergs said:

It is the best version so far, but I dunno.. it's still really weak in a few spots. MYM live just doesn't get me riled up like the album version.
    Check the BA '15 version..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    With Arms Wide Open & Higher
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:

Uh oh! We've got a jokester on the loose here!
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    JojoRice said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd4h6E9EnEg
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    edited February 2017
    I fucked up a quote about Ghost. Anyway, about the lyric about soap making you taller...

In context that lyric makes a lot of sense, and I really like it.

And the song! I know I'm not alone in liking Ghost. There are others...
    Post edited by october22 on
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

tbergs said:

I have a free bootleg coupon and that looks like a damn good setlist otherwise. Might check it out! I don't have any South American boots in my collection.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,506

23scidoo said:

tbergs said:

I have a free bootleg coupon and that looks like a damn good setlist otherwise. Might check it out! I don't have any South American boots in my collection.
    BA '11 its also a great boot..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    mwplum said:

I can't believe songs like All or none and parachutes are on here. They are slower, but quite rare in my experience, and add variety to the setlist. I just hit 50 hows with Wrigley 2, and this year was the first time I heard either (All or None) Philly #2 - and I was almost in tears, and (Parachutes) Ottawa. These are songs that have only been played live respectively 22 and 15 times ever. I just don't get it. I'm all for high-energy songs, but feel like hearing these really adds significance and emotion to a particular show.

PS this thread has become dangerous, can it spontaneously combust before the band sees it?

Its because there are some major lunatics on here, that simply just don't get it. I agree with statement, wholeheartedly.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    edited February 2017
    KP_McMinn said:

mwplum said:

I can't believe songs like All or none and parachutes are on here. They are slower, but quite rare in my experience, and add variety to the setlist. I just hit 50 hows with Wrigley 2, and this year was the first time I heard either (All or None) Philly #2 - and I was almost in tears, and (Parachutes) Ottawa. These are songs that have only been played live respectively 22 and 15 times ever. I just don't get it. I'm all for high-energy songs, but feel like hearing these really adds significance and emotion to a particular show.

PS this thread has become dangerous, can it spontaneously combust before the band sees it?

Its because there are some major lunatics on here, that simply just don't get it. I agree with statement, wholeheartedly.
    I just don't think Parachutes is a very good song and I don't enjoy it. If that makes me a lunatic then so be it.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KP_McMinn said:

mwplum said:

Neither song is that great live; both are boring imo. Just because a song is rarely played doesn't make it good. I guess I'm a major lunatic.
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mwplum said:

I just don't think Parachutes is a very good song and I don't enjoy it. If that makes me a lunatic then so be it.
    Meh, it's all subjective.

I can't believe so many people dislike Long Road, but to each his own.
  • Options

KC138045 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mwplum said:

Long road is my absolute favorite song by pj; I could care less if some people aren't into it at a show. You are 100% right, this is all subjective.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

KC138045 said:

KP_McMinn said:

mwplum said:

Long road is my absolute favorite song by pj; I could care less if some people aren't into it at a show. You are 100% right, this is all subjective.
    I get the subjective thing but I don't see others jumping up and down that they haven't heard Sweet Lew live yet.
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,210
    Breathe.