Options

Least Favorite Song Live

Comments

• Options
    StevieG said:

Alive for me.

mwplum said:

I can't believe songs like All or none and parachutes are on here. They are slower, but quite rare in my experience, and add variety to the setlist. I just hit 50 hows with Wrigley 2, and this year was the first time I heard either (All or None) Philly #2 - and I was almost in tears, and (Parachutes) Ottawa. These are songs that have only been played live respectively 22 and 15 times ever. I just don't get it. I'm all for high-energy songs, but feel like hearing these really adds significance and emotion to a particular show.

PS this thread has become dangerous, can it spontaneously combust before the band sees it?

Too late . . .
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    cutz said:

One show this will happen for you Pap.

Thank you Jim! I really hope so... :prayer:
    rssesq said:

... Gimme sum skin.

horid

:dizzy::minus_one:
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    mwplum said:

I can't believe songs like All or none and parachutes are on here. They are slower, but quite rare in my experience, and add variety to the setlist. I just hit 50 hows with Wrigley 2, and this year was the first time I heard either (All or None) Philly #2 - and I was almost in tears, and (Parachutes) Ottawa. These are songs that have only been played live respectively 22 and 15 times ever. I just don't get it. I'm all for high-energy songs, but feel like hearing these really adds significance and emotion to a particular show.

PS this thread has become dangerous, can it spontaneously combust before the band sees it?

totally agree with you. these are the deep cuts that I treasure.
    really need to get "Parting Ways" now. been chasing that one since 2000.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    mwplum said:

Just because a song is rare doesn't make it good live. When I saw all or none played live this past tour any energy that was in the building was gone.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    ^^^
    Exactly.
    I was going to say the same thing. We could end up hearing arc.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836

^^^
    Exactly.
    I was going to say the same thing. We could end up hearing arc.

I heard Arc at Fargo 2003 and Ed solo Minneapolis 2011. Fargo 2003 to open the show was incredibly emotional.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,375
    The only songs I don't want to hear, are the songs they don't really wanna play. Evenflow is usually one of these they push thru...just play what you want!
  • Options
    RS65573 said:

The only songs I don't want to hear, are the songs they don't really wanna play. Evenflow is usually one of these they push thru...just play what you want!

same for me. if they're into it, I'm into it. And I have only seen them 5 times, so I'm not getting to the "picky" stage.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    thor2265thor2265 Rockford Illinois Posts: 13
    Crazy Mary?!? Really? The one song that Boom gets to shine. Keep that one. Also I really don't mind covers. When they play for 3 hours a couple/few covers isn't bad. Song I'd like to see gone is Nothingman. And Bee Girl.
    THOR2265

Chicago 05/16/06
    Chicago 08/24/09
    Alpine Valley 09/04/11
    Wrigley Field 07/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13
    Memphis 10/14/14, Moline 10/17/14
    Wrigley Field 08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Mother Love Bone Rockford Endless Nights Bar 04/89
    EV Louisville 09/23/17
  • Options
    thor2265 said:

Crazy Mary?!? Really? The one song that Boom gets to shine. Keep that one. Also I really don't mind covers. When they play for 3 hours a couple/few covers isn't bad. Song I'd like to see gone is Nothingman. And Bee Girl.

yeah, that's the main reason I can't stand it. I'm sure Boom's a cool cat and all, but I can't stands me no more church organ in my pearl jam.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ^^^
    That's being picky.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,514
    mcgruff10 said:

mwplum said:

Just because a song is rare doesn't make it good live. When I saw all or none played live this past tour any energy that was in the building was gone.
    Yeah, but do you go there for the crowd energy or the music? Obviously no one's going to be jumping around to All or None, but they may be having a near spiritual moment. And isn't that cool for a band? A band that can get us fired up with blood, leash, etc..but also show a more well rounded side to their catalogue?
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,514
    Like it was just all about the crowd energy, we'd all be Anthrax or Pantera fans, but I'd like to think PJ brings a bit more to the table.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    mwplum said:

mcgruff10 said:

mwplum said:

Yeah, but do you go there for the crowd energy or the music? Obviously no one's going to be jumping around to All or None, but they may be having a near spiritual moment. And isn't that cool for a band? A band that can get us fired up with blood, leash, etc..but also show a more well rounded side to their catalogue?
    I am a firm believer that the crowd and the music go hand in hand.
    Newark 2010 had one of the best/diverse sets ever but the crowd was putrid hence a less than memorable show. Hartford that same year had a above average set but the crowd was unreal that night. That show will always be in conversation of great shows while Newark will not.
  • Options
    ^^^
    A two shirt night.
  • Options

^^^
    A two shirt night.

That it was!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,526
    Rub my eyes, but some songs are really here..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options

^^^
    That's being picky.

how is not liking a mess of a pump organ solo at a rock concert being picky?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    For me it's "Do the Evolution". I used to be quite fond of it live, but then for some reason I went off it!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    I'll let you guys know after the next show which song I don't want to hear live again ok ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

Tie between Immortality and Sirens

Two of my favourites
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    The Fixer. Never been A fan neither live or on album
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh see the world.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,090
    edited December 2016
    mcgruff10 said:

mwplum said:

What?

This was the highlight of the Amsterdam shows :open_mouth:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTWJix7A0ik

(but I get what you're saying)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

For Pearl Jam originals, I would say Sirens, but many people seem to enjoy it at shows. The End, however, seems to put everyone to sleep, so The End is the clear pick. For covers, Rockin' in the free world lost it's mojo at least a decade ago. There are so many great NY songs, they should retire RITFW and pick a new one. With all that said, I'm just happy they are still touring.

I would love it if they did Walk With Me like they did at Bridge School.
    I enjoy Walk with me and Le Noise. But man, there are so many Neil Young songs they could.... and should do... agree on exchanging RITFW for pretty much any other NY song.

Would love them to do War of Man :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,212
    mwplum said:

What this person just said. I couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,047
    Last Kiss
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,776
    Last Kiss or Elderly Woman
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    Neil Young covers are awesome.

I think they play RITFW because of the message more than anything. With that said, Eddie could pull of Cowgirl in the Sand or Tell Me Why.

DMB's Cortez and Down By The River are awesome (especially with Warren Haynes).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

I think they play RITFW because of the message more than anything. With that said, Eddie could pull of Cowgirl in the Sand or Tell Me Why.

Are you allowed to post outside of amt? ;)
    Happy new year bud.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Are you allowed to post outside of amt? ;)
    Happy new year bud.
    Haha

Play safe tonight, Scruffy!
    "My brain's a good brain!"