Options

Least Favorite Song Live

Comments

• Options

danny said:

long road

Really?!? Wow.

I've always thought this was one of their best!
    Agreed, I can't get enough of Long Road live.
    MayDay10 said:

for me, it is "Daughter". Song kind of bores me.

I could do without the extended version - if they played the album version, I wouldn't mind it as much. I love the "It's OK" tag, but outside of that, I find the extended version of Daughter very lackluster.

(It was especially annoying to see them do the extended version @ GCF when they only had 12 songs to play. They could have easily fit in another tune)

• Options
    RS151862 said:

rummy said:

Tie between Immortality and Sirens

Immortality???? Really?????????

I don't know this song could be listed in any "least favorite" list....Let alone listed with f'n Sirens....

Wait a sec, you're just messing around, aren't you? Alright, I admit it. I fell for it.
    I'm with you 100%.. I feel like Kat and Sea should ban him for this.
    :rofl:

For me it's All Those Yesterdays
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    For me, it is "Last Kiss". Heard it too many times, and I find the lyrics so cheesy.
    (Interesting thread ... I can't believe someone's least favourite is "Long Road". It was the opener at Vienna 2014, and that is probably one of my top 5 PJ moments. I get chills every time I listen to the bootleg.)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    rbhesterrbhester Posts: 212
    Corduroy. I absolutely love the studio version as well as the early live versions. Every time I've heard it live post 2000 tour, it just doesn't sound the same.
  • Options
    rbhester said:

Corduroy. I absolutely love the studio version as well as the early live versions. Every time I've heard it live post 2000 tour, it just doesn't sound the same.

THANK YOU!! For me, there are no songs i wouldnt mind hearing again aside from this one. I live in LA, and in the Spring of 95, Corduroy was overplayed here, along with Green Days When I Come Around, leading me to not really care for either. There was a day when KNAC started playing Corduroy, feeling fed up I switched to KROQ, who was playing the tail end of When I Come Around, i sat through it only to hear the beginning of Corduroy, so I switched to KLOS who was halfway through Corduroy so I just heard it and then they started playing When I Come Around so i angrily switched back to KNAC where Corduroy ending... and then I hear the opening riff of When I Come Around... I turned off the radio at that point. Since then, i just cringe whenever I hear either opening riffs!
    "If I knew where it was, I would take you there!"
    2006-LA2
    2009-Universal City 2
    2010-MSG 1
    2013-San Diego/LA 1&2/Oakland/Portland/Spokane/Calgary/Vancouver/Seattle
    2014-Denver/Bridge School Benefit 1
    2015-Mexico City
    2016-MSG 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, EV-Ohana Fest, TOTD LA
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,822
    I don't think they're my least favorite, but RVM and Porch have gotten a little stale. I enjoy the jam section, but they always end up in the same spot in the setlist and are predictable and similar over and over again.

I get tired of Jeremy sometimes, but then you hear a great version and you remember what makes the song a classic.
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • Options
    I like these songs, but Black and Crazy Mary. Always long and late in the set. I would rather have two shorter songs instead. I think I've heard them at nearly every show I go to.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    edited December 2016

I like these songs, but Black and Crazy Mary. Always long and late in the set. I would rather have two shorter songs instead. I think I've heard them at nearly every show I go to.

Lucky. I have yet to get Crazy Mary and I look forward to the day I do get it.

Edit- to keep the thread moving and not just leaving a comment, I will add Whipping to my prior post of Sonic Reducer as least favorites.
    Post edited by drakeheuer14 on
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,913
    Sleight of hand. Momentum killer
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,486
    The Winner Is..................

Leatherman!!!!!!!!!!!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    rummy said:

I don't know this song could be listed in any "least favorite" list....Let alone listed with f'n Sirens....

Wait a sec, you're just messing around, aren't you? Alright, I admit it. I fell for it.
    Never been a fan of immortality. Too boring. Those Ed songs on Vitalogy never did it for me.
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    rbhester said:

corduroy might be their best studio recording. it could do with a less live play. probably too late now..already been worn out
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    I don't dislike any songs live, but my least favorite is probably Small Town. 'I just wanna scream hello' is always awesome, but overall, I hear it a lot, and can be a bit of a set killer sometimes.
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options

rummy said:

Never been a fan of immortality. Too boring. Those Ed songs on Vitalogy never did it for me.
    I can't breathe, you're killing me.

Infallible is another one.
  • Options

rummy said:

I'm going to guess that Vitalogy isn't your favorite album then. I've always heard it referred to as the Eddie solo PJ albim.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,452
    Malroth said:

Leatherman!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Pap?
  • Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    given to fly, sirens, betterman, and a bunch of the other songs played over 700 times
  • Options

rummy said:

I'm going to guess that Vitalogy isn't your favorite album then. I've always heard it referred to as the Eddie solo PJ albim.
    Yeah I'm a Yield guy. The thing about those Ed Vitalogy songs is that the band didn't really add much to them. I feel like they are all playing the same thing. It was the moment Ed probably took over the songwriting reins. A different kind of Pearl Jam to me after Ten and Vs.
  • Options

rummy said:

I can't breathe, you're killing me.

Infallible is another one.
    I had no idea that immortality was this highly regarded by the fans. I still don't like it haha
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426

rummy said:

Yeah I'm a Yield guy. The thing about those Ed Vitalogy songs is that the band didn't really add much to them. I feel like they are all playing the same thing. It was the moment Ed probably took over the songwriting reins. A different kind of Pearl Jam to me after Ten and Vs.
    ah, the good old days. can you believe we had to wait an entire year for this album? what took so long?
  • Options
    EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    If I had a gun to my head, i'd probably say Animal or Go; never really cared for them
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Comatose. Never really dug it, fight me, etc.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    pljampljam Posts: 387
    Bee girl and Sweet Lew only two songs I can not listen too,luckily I have never been tortured to either one at a live show
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,265

jmug23 said:

I'll get flamed, but keep on rockin in the free world. They have such a huge catalogue that I'm always wishing they would play something else at the end.

heard at all 5 shows. never heard y-led.

my vote would be crazy mary.
    mine too
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mwplummwplum Posts: 1,516
    I'm surprised by Long Road and some of the others that are very infrequently played. I love long road, and know it has a lot of personal significance for many. Feel blessed every time I hear it live. For me, there's nothing that is overly cringeworthy, but some songs I just feel like they don't need to play every night, so for that I'd say Betterman and Even Flow.
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    Wow, there are some surprises on here. I'm trying to avoid obvious ones like Ole...

This is actually tougher than I thought because there are some serious contenders.

Just Breathe, Mind Your Manners, Sirens, Last Kiss

There are more, but to sum it up it would be anything off of the last two albums except for two or three songs.

Oh, and Mankind. Sorry Stone.
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind not hearing Do the evolution and
    Given to fly at every show.....
    92 Roskilde
    96 Cork, Dublin, London x 2
    00 Barcelona, Stockholm
    03 Uniondale
    06 Verona, Milan
    07 London, Copenhagen
    09 Berlin
    10 Dublin, Belfast
    11 Alpine Valley x 2
    12 Amsterdam x 2, Stockholm, Oslo
    13 Brooklyn x 2
    14 Amsterdam x 2, Berlin, Stockholm
    16 MSG x 2
    18 Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    22 Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    And also lets retire Sirens and MYM for good!
    92 Roskilde
    96 Cork, Dublin, London x 2
    00 Barcelona, Stockholm
    03 Uniondale
    06 Verona, Milan
    07 London, Copenhagen
    09 Berlin
    10 Dublin, Belfast
    11 Alpine Valley x 2
    12 Amsterdam x 2, Stockholm, Oslo
    13 Brooklyn x 2
    14 Amsterdam x 2, Berlin, Stockholm
    16 MSG x 2
    18 Prague, Krakow, Berlin
    22 Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    THE END. Worst song EVER live.

ALIVE. I have seen PJ 14 times since 1991. I have heard this song 14 times.
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,527
    cutz said:

Malroth said:

Leatherman!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's Pap?
    lol!!!
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..