Options

Least Favorite Song Live

Comments

• Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Last Kiss and Bee Girl. I think I have seen Bee Girl 4 times and have been to less than 20 shows
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options

Sonic Reducer. Does nothing for me.

this
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    edited December 2016
    It depends on where most of the previously mentioned songs lands on the setlist, but two I can think of no matter where they are would be Father's Son and Amongst the Waves. Not a fan of either.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,077
    Jeremy. Radio and MTV ruined this one for me in the 90s
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354

Yellow Ledbetter!

If only because it means the show is over.
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:

jmug23 said:

I'll get flamed, but keep on rockin in the free world. They have such a huge catalogue that I'm always wishing they would play something else at the end.

I can definitely agree with this
    Yes indeed.

(And Last Kiss)
  • Options
    edited December 2016

Tie between Immortality and Sirens

Immortality???? Really?????????

I don't know this song could be listed in any "least favorite" list....Let alone listed with f'n Sirens....

Wait a sec, you're just messing around, aren't you? Alright, I admit it. I fell for it.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Push me pull me
    Don't gimme no lip
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    rummy said:

I don't know this song could be listed in any "least favorite" list....Let alone listed with f'n Sirens....

Wait a sec, you're just messing around, aren't you? Alright, I admit it. I fell for it.
    I'm with you 100%.. I feel like Kat and Sea should ban him for this.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,911
    RS151862 said:

rummy said:

Immortality is in my top five live songs. Wow.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    wgwg Posts: 411
    riley540 said:

Push me pull me
    Don't gimme no lip

Whoa! 2 of my favorites

I agree with Slight Of Hand, Crazy Mary, and Last Kiss.

I'd like to see YLed and RITFW much less.
  • Options
    Am I the first person to suggest "Just Breathe"?!? I don't entirely hate the song but I hate it live. Now, if they did an acoustic tour or at an Ed solo show and it was played? Bring it on.
  • Options
    All Night!
    Seattle '96, Tampa '00, Jones Beach I '00, Jones Beach II '00, Toronto '00, Penn State '03, MSG I '03, MSG II '03, Holmdel '03, Philadelphia '05, Chicago I '06, ERU I '06, ERU II '06, MSG I '08, MSG II '08, Philadelphia III '09, Newark '10, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Brooklyn '13, Hartford '13, Ft. Lauderdale '16, Miami '16, MSG I '16, MSG II '16, Seattle I '18, Seattle II '18, Fenway I '18
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    even flow. just never liked the song much
  • Options
    RS151862 said:

rummy said:

Definitely banibile for sure. Can't believe it's taken this long already. His second song he can do without is probably In My Tree.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    JojoRice said:

Do The Evolution.

Blasphemy

• Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,767
    rummy said:

Yellow Ledbetter!

If only because it means the show is over.
    No, it's because it's a crap song and I would be so happy to never hear it again.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options

RS151862 said:

Sirens. I'd like to never hear the Siiireeeeeens again.

Yep. But on the bright side, it's a great time to take a piss and grab a beer.
    Yeah, that's what I did for Fenway 2...... as soon as I saw MM strap on the acoustic I went to the BR & to grab a beer....... I ended up missing the Tom Hamilton cameo during Draw The Line, so that bit me in the ass. Oh well.

I have a tie for LEAST favorite song:

Last Kiss
    RITFW
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    jmug23 said:

I'll get flamed, but keep on rockin in the free world. They have such a huge catalogue that I'm always wishing they would play something else at the end.

Not a flame at all. Package that with Baba O'Riley in the Don't Ever Play That Shit Again Sweepstakes.
  • Options
    AceCoolAceCool Texas Posts: 455
    edited December 2016
    vaggar99 said:

I used to love that tune. Then I was bummed that they play it every single show. Now it's simply my urinal and beer resupply song.
    Post edited by AceCool on
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    long road
    danny d
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    This is pretty interesting. Long road??? I fuckin love that song! Last kiss is at the top of my list for sure. And evacuation.
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    AceCool said:

vaggar99 said:

I used to love that tune. Then I was bummed that they play it every single show. Now it's simply my urinal and beer resupply song.
    yeah, its always been my first set piss break song
  • Options
    Infallible
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I think Of The Earth really took the life out of Wrigley 2.
  • Options
    Tie between Alive and Jeremy. Alive is soooo overplayed at shows. I get the feeling that people only like it cause it's sort of the anthem in the catalogue. And Jeremy just sounds horrible.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,249
    Even Flow, Do the Evolution, and Sirens. The first two isn't that they're bad songs, its because they get played at every show. Many of us have seen a fair amount of shows, so there's a few songs that get old for all of us. Siren's is a polarizing song and unfortunately I'm on the wrong end.

It is interesting to see other people's takes on it. I love Sonic Reducer. Up to Wrigley 2 it was my white whale. Surprised to see other people loathe it as much as I love it.
  • Options
    SJD3232 said:

I think Of The Earth really took the life out of Wrigley 2.

It was my favorite song of the night!
  • Options
    danny said:

long road

Really?!? Wow.

I've always thought this was one of their best!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    for me, it is "Daughter". Song kind of bores me.